PDA

View Full Version : CA gun law question

bcp
06-13-16, 13:47
I am planning on selling one of my ARs. Is it legal for me to sell in CA with no magazine release. By that I mean no regular mag release or bullet button release just the empty hole?

Thanks

PaulnPats M-4
06-13-16, 14:30
A complete AR sold in Ca. must meet the legal requirements of the state, so it has to have a legally installed bullet button (locktite) Thank you Dianne Feinstein

bcp
06-13-16, 14:58
Thank you for the reply

PaulnPats M-4
06-13-16, 16:17
Your welcome brother

crosseyedshooter
06-13-16, 16:21
Some CA FFLs who are knowledgeable about CA laws are willing to transfer the lower assy without magazine lock (aka bullet button). It doesn't become prohibited unless it's a centerfire rifle with banned features and that's not possible without the upper receiver assy.

Edit: This is also provided that the lower receiver you're selling isn't prohibited by name on the CA assault weapons ban list.

GH41
06-13-16, 17:06
I am planning on selling one of my ARs. Is it legal for me to sell in CA with no magazine release. By that I mean no regular mag release or bullet button release just the empty hole?

Thanks

Are you a Ca resident? Disclaimer... This is a trick question.

bcp
06-13-16, 18:16
Are you a Ca resident? Disclaimer... This is a trick question.

Yes I am. I have had this complete upper for a few years. I have never even fired a round through it and have decided to sell it. I was thinking of assembling it with a extra lower I have and sell it as a complete rifle. I wasn't sure if I needed to install the bullet button just in case I sell it to someone in another state.

SkiDevil
06-14-16, 04:16

Thanks

Calguns website has extensive information on California regulations.

fallenromeo
06-14-16, 17:10
if it is ever assembled in CA, it must have a bullet button, even if it is just to immediately be sent out of state.