PDA

View Full Version : Golden State Warriors Bleeding out

Eurodriver
06-13-16, 21:57
With Green they might have had a chance but near the end of the 3rd it's not looking pretty good.

The Cavs can't win 3 in a row, I don't think, but I thought this series was going to be a sweep. Now it may get to Game 7.

I used to hate Lebron but he is a class act. He rises above the childish criticism and has gotten his team to the finals 7 times. If he had a bit more help from future HoFs like Jordan or Kobe did he could be one of the all time greats.

Moose-Knuckle
06-14-16, 03:00
GSW = Gun Shot Wound . . . "bleeding out"?

ETA: Ah never mind you mean Golden State Warriors.

Eurodriver
06-14-16, 08:28
I tried to make it M4C related to generate some interest, I know how unlikely M4C members are to enjoy Basketball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6S1JoCSVNU

Vandal
06-14-16, 08:37
Some of the only pro basketball I watch is during the Finals and I'm not a LeBron fan, though the guy could win an Emmy for his acting. It's almost european soccer player good.

The Finals this year have been a lot of fun to watch. I've stayed at the dealership after we've closed with other guys from my team just to watch the end of the games. even with the early blow-outs it's been a good series and I'm hoping it goes to Game 7.

Eurodriver
06-14-16, 08:42
I was a mad Lebron hater for at least his first 5 years, but that guy has talent and if you watch his press conferences he refuses to engage in the BS. He got punched in the dick by Green (literally) and he didn't react. He also turned down living in South Beach and having a championship team to bring it back to Cleveland and brought his team to the finals by himself. He's also given out 10,000 scholarships to underprivileged kids in Akron.

I can get behind a guy like that.

Digital_Damage
06-14-16, 10:46
Lebron a class act? After what he did in game 4? I'm the opposite, had respect then lost it all after game 4.

Also did not get punched by Green, he did not even know Green made contact until he was shown the video after the game and it was all Lebron's fault for trying to ride Green like a 3 year old getting a piggy back ride.

RazorBurn
06-14-16, 15:46
Lebron a class act? After what he did in game 4? I'm the opposite, had respect then lost it all after game 4.

Also did not get punched by Green, he did not even know Green made contact until he was shown the video after the game and it was all Lebron's fault for trying to ride Green like a 3 year old getting a piggy back ride.

Some of the only pro basketball I watch is during the Finals and I'm not a LeBron fan, though the guy could win an Emmy for his acting. It's almost european soccer player good.

The Finals this year have been a lot of fun to watch. I've stayed at the dealership after we've closed with other guys from my team just to watch the end of the games. even with the early blow-outs it's been a good series and I'm hoping it goes to Game 7.

Damn nice to see we agree on something in basketball. First off, I'll state that I'm a Spurs fan, and have been since I was in high school and they drafted Robinson. Yeah, I'm showing my age.

I've always despised Lebron, and the only reason he has the titles he does is because of Wade and Bosh and the ham fed Heat team he joined. He is a prima donna flop artist who I hope will never win another title again. How in the hell Cavaliers fans accepted him back into the fold is beyond me. The stupid drama he pulled when he went to the Heat was just that, stupid. He lost my respect then with his "Decision". Hopefully the Warriors put him on the golf course and end it. Then with him affecting players and coaches on the Cavs when he joins them back. Biggest cry baby wanna be player, coach and GM all rolled into one ever. I loved it when the Heat told him to pound sand.

chuckman
06-14-16, 15:51
Damn nice to see we agree on something in basketball. First off, I'll state that I'm a Spurs fan, and have been since I was in high school and they drafted Robinson. Yeah, I'm showing my age.

Yeah, I hear you, showing my age... I recall when Navy (with Robinson) came to my alma mater to play ball. I think he hung 40.

I am following the series peripherally...I don't care for either team but I know one of the coaches. I will say it has been entertaining.

donlapalma
06-14-16, 16:17
With the current format (2-2-1-1-1), I can now see it going to 7 games. I could see the Warriors really missing Green last night. Since it is unlikely for Irving and James to have another history-making scoring night, they really need to solve the Green equation. However, I think Bogut will be out in the next game right? That helps the Cavs. I honestly don't care who wins....I just want to be entertained. I grew up a huge Laker fan and NBA playoff basketball has always been a favorite time of the year for me.

As for Lebron, I can't stand him. No doubt he does solid stuff for Cleveland, the community, etc. I was just turned off when he came into the league being hailed as the "King" drawing all these premature comparisons to Jordan only to become a big time complainer and primadonna of the league. He is no doubt a hall-of-famer but never has his play made me shake my head in disbelief like Curry has me doing right now. Besides all that, being the die-hard Laker fan that I am, it's my duty and obligation to hate on anybody else not sporting the Laker jersey. :jester: Yea, yea, I know....Lakers are the outhouse of the league right now. :suicide:

Eurodriver
06-14-16, 19:47
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFly9QZCYAAiICW.jpg

Digital_Damage
06-17-16, 07:30
The NBA pulling their bullshit again... Kerr has every right to be inflamed.

When ever GS closed the gap by 10 or less points the refs started calling phantom calls.

Curry fouls out on a ticky tacky call and LeBron is literally pulling him down by the arm and no call.

That was not just home cooking, that is fraud.

chuckman
06-17-16, 07:56
You know it's bad when the sports taking heads are talking about it....

Eurodriver
06-17-16, 08:03
I saw that game. I even went to this post to bump it up but didn't know if anyone was watching.

GSW got outplayed but those calls were BS

Jer
06-17-16, 08:59
Don't blame the officials because through 6 games GS probably still has an edge in the BS calls department. I lost count that game (especially early on) where Cavs players were called for fouls when they never even made contact with a GS player. There was a single foul by Curry that wasn't a foul which I will admit but if you watched that game he had several that weren't called so in the end it balances out. Historically LBJ (much like Shaq for similar reasons) has gotten JACK for calls even when he gets obviously hammered so blaming the officials is counterproductive. If you think that GS has never benefited from some questionable calls you're not too bright.

So far, I'm seeing one team that wants it more than another team and the refs aren't winning or losing it for anyone. Cleveland is playing with emotion and drive and GS is falling apart before our very eyes. Bogut is out. Draymond is afraid being Draymond is going to get him ejected. Igudala has got some sort of back issue and he's their only answer for LBJ. Steph, the 2-time and unanimous MVP fades when the light shines the brightest. That last one has to be a bitter pill to swallow for GS fans because that dude is a no-show in the finals when his team needs him the most. The 'experts' clearly have Lebron fatigue but he's still the best player in the world and could easily be the league MVP every year he wears a jersey. This series proves just how valuable each player is to their team. GS is winning when Curry doesn't show up and loses when he has a decent game. Conversely LBJ is that team. Period. The Cavs go as LBJ goes and there isn't another player in the league that means more to his team and he's that important on a Finals team... not just some other team. You take him off and I doubt this squad even makes the playoffs in the East and if they do they're one and done.

GS got beat. Plain and simple. If GS plays the same way on Sunday they'll get beat again.

Digital_Damage
06-17-16, 09:10
Don't blame the officials because through 6 games GS probably still has an edge in the BS calls department. I lost count that game (especially early on) where Cavs players were called for fouls when they never even made contact with a GS player. There was a single foul by Curry that wasn't a foul which I will admit but if you watched that game he had several that weren't called so in the end it balances out. Historically LBJ (much like Shaq for similar reasons) has gotten JACK for calls even when he gets obviously hammered so blaming the officials is counterproductive. If you think that GS has never benefited from some questionable calls you're not too bright.

So far, I'm seeing one team that wants it more than another team and the refs aren't winning or losing it for anyone. Cleveland is playing with emotion and drive and GS is falling apart before our very eyes. Bogut is out. Draymond is afraid being Draymond is going to get him ejected. Igudala has got some sort of back issue and he's their only answer for LBJ. Steph, the 2-time and unanimous MVP fades when the light shines the brightest. That last one has to be a bitter pill to swallow for GS fans because that dude is a no-show in the finals when his team needs him the most. The 'experts' clearly have Lebron fatigue but he's still the best player in the world and could easily be the league MVP every year he wears a jersey. This series proves just how valuable each player is to their team. GS is winning when Curry doesn't show up and loses when he has a decent game. Conversely LBJ is that team. Period. The Cavs go as LBJ goes and there isn't another player in the league that means more to his team and he's that important on a Finals team... not just some other team. You take him off and I doubt this squad even makes the playoffs in the East and if they do they're one and done.

GS got beat. Plain and simple. If GS plays the same way on Sunday they'll get beat again.

Evening out? what Nonsense. You don't "even out" calls through a series if the officiating is objective.

This is ALL about the league pushing the series to 7 for money reasons. Suspending players at just the right time instead of when they should be suspended? Feeding a team FT on phantom calls when the other team is closing the gap.

I'm not a Warriors fan or Cavs fan, but I can see this for what it is.

The warriors should not even be in the Finals, but the Cavs should not be playing for game 7 either.

Jer
06-17-16, 09:44
Evening out? what Nonsense. You don't "even out" calls through a series if the officiating is objective.

This is ALL about the league pushing the series to 7 for money reasons. Suspending players at just the right time instead of when they should be suspended? Feeding a team FT on phantom calls when the other team is closing the gap.

The warriors should not even be in the Finals, but the Cavs should not be playing for game 7 either.

No, you don't INTENTIONALLY even calls out but, if after six games, the calls are about equal... there's nothing nefarious afoot.

This whole suspension thing cracks me up. Dude intentionally hit several men in the balls. He was warned... repeatedly. Keep in mind that when he did it in the OKC game they were down and had he been suspended then they likely wouldn't have come back to win that series and wouldn't even be in the finals. The league realized this and gave him another chance and how did he repay them? He went out and did it a 3rd time. He made them look stupid and they called him out on his BS. He deserved more suspensions than that single game so don't make it seem like the league had it out for him when all he had to do was not punch or kick other guys in the balls. Yeah, the league really has it in for the Warriors. ROFL

Every time a series goes to 7 games you have people crying that it was rigged. We don't get game 7's very often so at least we don't have to hear the conspiracy theorists crying too often.

While I agree the Warriors could just as easily not be in the finals you are silly to say that the Cavs haven't EARNED their way to game 7. This has been some of the best 'both ends of the court' hustle and execution I've seen and the man leading the charge (LBJ) has been nothing short of incredible. GS isn't losing these games... Cleveland is WINNING them through heart & determination. What we're witnessing is greatness that's been overlooked as of late. He did this last year too by putting the entire team on his shoulders & taking GS to 6 games when they should have been swept with that roster. This year he's just as good if not better and now he's got help from Thompson (killing those rebounds and hustle plays) and Irving (he's finally looking like the all-star he's been) and even though his other supporting case are no shows (Love? JR?) he's getting it done and it has nothing to do with the officials. If anything they've kept GS in this series.

Digital_Damage
06-17-16, 10:01
No, you don't INTENTIONALLY even calls out but, if after six games, the calls are about equal... there's nothing nefarious afoot.

This whole suspension thing cracks me up. Dude intentionally hit several men in the balls. He was warned... repeatedly. Keep in mind that when he did it in the OKC game they were down and had he been suspended then they likely wouldn't have come back to win that series and wouldn't even be in the finals. The league realized this and gave him another chance and how did he repay them? He went out and did it a 3rd time. He made them look stupid and they called him out on his BS. He deserved more suspensions than that single game so don't make it seem like the league had it out for him when all he had to do was not punch or kick other guys in the balls. Yeah, the league really has it in for the Warriors. ROFL

Every time a series goes to 7 games you have people crying that it was rigged. We don't get game 7's very often so at least we don't have to hear the conspiracy theorists crying too often.

While I agree the Warriors could just as easily not be in the finals you are silly to say that the Cavs haven't EARNED their way to game 7. This has been some of the best 'both ends of the court' hustle and execution I've seen and the man leading the charge (LBJ) has been nothing short of incredible. GS isn't losing these games... Cleveland is WINNING them through heart & determination. What we're witnessing is greatness that's been overlooked as of late. He did this last year too by putting the entire team on his shoulders & taking GS to 6 games when they should have been swept with that roster. This year he's just as good if not better and now he's got help from Thompson (killing those rebounds and hustle plays) and Irving (he's finally looking like the all-star he's been) and even though his other supporting case are no shows (Love? JR?) he's getting it done and it has nothing to do with the officials. If anything they've kept GS in this series.

LOL ohh stop, just blind homerisim.

You don't send a team to the line for 12 FT in the first quarter vs the other team being sent for 2 FT, it completely changes the dynamic of the game.

The way that game went was obvious.

Give Cleveland a big lead.
If the Warriors are down 15+ send them to the line.
If the Cavs are only up by 10 Send them to the line.

Just look at the box score and then the play by play.

That is Exactly how it went down last night.

C4IGrant
06-17-16, 10:02
Go Cavs!

C4

Jer
06-17-16, 10:05
LOL ohh stop, just blind homerisim.

You don't send a team to the line for 12 FT in the first quarter vs the other team being sent for 2 FT, it completely changes the dynamic of the game.

The way that game went was obvious.

Give Cleveland a big lead.
If the Warriors are down 15+ send them to the line.
If the Cavs are only up by 10 Send them to the line.

Just look at the box score and then the play by play.

That is Exactly how it went down last night.

You say that but in the first quarter GS had 2 guys with three fouls and the Cavs had THREE guys with 3 fouls. You can make the stats say whatever you want. The bottom line is the refs didn't win or lose that game. Blind homerism is alive in this discussion but it ain't from me.

Digital_Damage
06-17-16, 10:08
You say that but in the first quarter GS had 2 guys with three fouls and the Cavs had THREE guys with 3 fouls. You can make the stats say whatever you want. The bottom line is the refs didn't win or lose that game. Blind homerism is alive in this discussion but it ain't from me.

Not all fouls are equal, they were sending Cleveland to the line and not the Warriors.

Jer
06-17-16, 10:24
Not all fouls are equal, they were sending Cleveland to the line and not the Warriors.

Yeah, because Cleveland has been murdering it at the foul line this season & has won countless games from the charity stripe. lol

You know what's more valuable than two free throws to two teams that shoot the 3 ball (#1 and #2 in the regular season) with success more than any other team? Possession. GS had more possession changing fouls called in their favor. Tell me again how putting a crappy free throw shooting team on the foul line in the 1st quarter when they're up 20 allowed them to win? ROFL

Like I said, you don't win OR lose a game because of the refs.

You're reaching dude and it's becoming more obvious with each post.

JackFanToM
06-17-16, 12:20
I was always told by my coaches, if you don't want a game taken by a bad call, don't let the score be close enough for a bad call to make a difference.

Jer
06-17-16, 12:23
I was always told by my coaches, if you don't want a game taken by a bad call, don't let the score be close enough for a bad call to make a difference.

Bingo. Anyone who has played sports knows that the refs don't win or lose games. Good teams don't leave it up to them and WIN the game handily so that it wouldn't be possible for bad calls to decide it. Just like in fighting sports, if you want the win you go and get the win... don't put it in the hands of the judges because you have no valid opinion on the outcome if you let it come to that. Just win the damn game. If you lose, congratulate the opponent for beating you. Simple as that.

I guess this is the entitled generation that hasn't grown up playing sports and learning valuable life lessons that come along with that having access to social media.

Digital_Damage
06-17-16, 13:15
Yeah, because Cleveland has been murdering it at the foul line this season & has won countless games from the charity stripe. lol

You know what's more valuable than two free throws to two teams that shoot the 3 ball (#1 and #2 in the regular season) with success more than any other team? Possession. GS had more possession changing fouls called in their favor. Tell me again how putting a crappy free throw shooting team on the foul line in the 1st quarter when they're up 20 allowed them to win? ROFL

Like I said, you don't win OR lose a game because of the refs.

You're reaching dude and it's becoming more obvious with each post.

You keep trying to make this about the Warriors vs Cav, that is NOT what is being discussed. I keep telling you I think the Warriors were unjustly pushed into the Finals to begin with (something you accept, but do not accept when it comes to the CAV's? LOL). That is why your homerisim is bleeding through. Now you are making excuses trying to justify the number of times they went to the line in the first?

Digital_Damage
06-17-16, 13:15

Would agree if it was a bad call, what do you do when it is 8 bad calls in the first 15 minutes?

Jer
06-17-16, 13:21
You keep trying to make this about the Warriors vs Cav, that is NOT what is being discussed. I keep telling you I think the Warriors were unjustly pushed into the Finals to begin with (something you accept, but do not accept when it comes to the CAV's? LOL). That is why your homerisim is bleeding through. Now you are making excuses trying to justify the number of times they went to the line in the first?

Number of fouls by Cleveland: 25
Number of fouls called on GS: 25
Cleveland attempted 3 more free throws

Yeah.... those are some conspiracy theory #'s alright! lol

/conversation

JackFanToM
06-17-16, 13:27
Would agree if it was a bad call, what do you do when it is 8 bad calls in the first 15 minutes?

No one ever told me life was fair, so I generally suck it up and soldier on. A bad call in football can more easily sway a game than a bad call in basketball. I have been on both sides of numerous bad calls in football games. S**t happens and refs are human.

Digital_Damage
06-17-16, 14:11
Number of fouls by Cleveland: 25
Number of fouls called on GS: 25
Cleveland attempted 3 more free throws

Yeah.... those are some conspiracy theory #'s alright! lol

/conversation

Ya... for the entire game. Like I said, not all fouls are the same.

Compare the Timing of those FT and the score then get back to us.

Again all about the warriors, not about the calls for the cav's and their timing.

DERP.

Jer
06-17-16, 14:31
Ya... for the entire game. Like I said, not all fouls are the same.

Compare the Timing of those FT and the score then get back to us.

Again all about the warriors, not about the calls for the cav's and their timing.

DERP.

Are you still talking and unsuccessfully trying to sell us on why an exact 25/25 split on foul calls is irrefutable proof of the league fixing the game for the Cavs? If it's coming down to 'timing' and other wildly subjective ideas I think you're done here.

Digital_Damage
06-17-16, 14:34
Are you still talking and unsuccessfully trying to sell us on why an exact 25/25 split on foul calls is irrefutable proof of the league fixing the game for the Cavs? If it's coming down to 'timing' and other wildly subjective ideas I think you're done here.

again... I have maintained that this is the truth of it

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?185143-Golden-State-Warriors-Bleeding-out&p=2333845#post2333845

you have still not disproved that, just a bunch of excuses and straw grabbing. I think you are done here, since obviously the concepts are clearly beyond your comprehension...

WickedWillis
06-17-16, 14:39
I can't stand Curry, or the bandwagon Warriors fans. Not even a little bit. Hoping Cleveland takes game 7 and completes an epic comeback, so I can listen to people make excuses until October.

Jer
06-17-16, 14:40
again... I have maintained that this is the truth of it

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?185143-Golden-State-Warriors-Bleeding-out&p=2333845#post2333845

you have still not disproved that, just a bunch of excuses and straw grabbing. I think you are done here, since obviously the concepts are clearly beyond your comprehension...

Now I'm expected to prove a negative then told my actual facts and statistics are straw grabbing & I'm the one with poor comprehension. Riiiiiight.

Yeah, we're done here.

Digital_Damage
06-17-16, 15:12
Now I'm expected to prove a negative then told my actual facts and statistics are straw grabbing & I'm the one with poor comprehension. Riiiiiight.

Yeah, we're done here.

You engaged me champ. Not the other way around, so ya prove it. Don't make excuses with useless stats that have no bearing to try and wash out the whole discussion point.

Jer
06-17-16, 15:32
You engaged me champ. Not the other way around, so ya prove it. Don't make excuses with useless stats that have no bearing to try and wash out the whole discussion point.

No need for excuses when you're the champ. Your words.

JusticeM4
06-19-16, 06:36
Game 7 tonight. I predict a 60% chance that the Warriors can win it. If they don't, then they will be one of the biggest dissapointments in NBA history having just set the best team record of 73-9 and not winning the championship.

I like GSW, but if the Cavs win tonight they deserve it.

donlapalma
06-19-16, 08:37
I have no dog in this fight but something just tells me that the Cavs pull it off. I think it will be a very close game. Can't wait!

TheChunkNorris
06-19-16, 09:24

What cracks me up is no one was saying BS when the Warriors were down 3-1 to the Thunder. Have you even seen Draymond Green play during the regular season? Dude should've been tossed in the Thunder series... you know why he was fined? Because he's a repeat offender. Do you know why he was drafted 35th? He had Top 10 potential but had two problems: Undersized PF and his personality could get him in trouble... fast forward to game 4 in the Finals... his stupidity got him in trouble.

I can't stand Curry, or the bandwagon Warriors fans. Not even a little bit. Hoping Cleveland takes game 7 and completes an epic comeback, so I can listen to people make excuses until October.

I rooted against him last year only because I didn't want him to win the season he left Miami, Now I'd be happy if he got a couple rings.

Digital_Damage
06-19-16, 21:05
HAHAHAHAHA!

Still don't think it is fixed?

CAV 17-20

GS 6-7

Eurodriver
06-19-16, 21:08
HAHAHAHAHA!

Still don't think it is fixed?

CAV 17-20

GS 6-7

That's funny. I've been watching the game thinking the exact same thing.

Digital_Damage
06-19-16, 21:24
This is hilarious...

so obvious how the refs drive the score.

This is just pure gold

2:49 Stephen Curry personal foul (LeBron James draws the foul) 89 - 89
2:49 LeBron James defensive rebound 89 - 89
2:49 Andre Iguodala misses 24-foot three point jumper 89 - 89
2:59 Draymond Green defensive rebound 89 - 89
3:00 Andre Iguodala blocks LeBron James 's 2-foot layup 89 - 89
3:20 Kevin Love defensive rebound 89 - 89
3:21 Klay Thompson misses 15-foot jumper 89 - 89
3:40 Kevin Love enters the game for Richard Jefferson 89 - 89
3:40 Harrison Barnes enters the game for Festus Ezeli 89 - 89
3:40 Warriors defensive team rebound 89 - 89
3:41 LeBron James misses 13-foot two point shot 89 - 89
4:03 Richard Jefferson defensive rebound 89 - 89
4:05 Stephen Curry misses 27-foot three point jumper 89 - 89
4:13 Draymond Green defensive rebound 89 - 89
4:13 LeBron James misses 22-foot jumper 89 - 89
4:39 Klay Thompson makes driving layup (Draymond Green assists) 89 - 89
4:52 LeBron James makes 26-foot three pointer 89 - 87
5:16 Stephen Curry Out-of-Bounds Bad Pass Turnover 86 - 87
5:24 LeBron James makes free throw 3 of 3 86 - 87
5:24 LeBron James makes free throw 2 of 3 85 - 87
5:24 LeBron James makes free throw 1 of 3 84 - 87
5:24 Festus Ezeli shooting foul (LeBron James draws the foul) 84 - 87

What it is really all about.

Adam Reisinger
ESPN.com

"The NBA couldn't have asked for a better Game 7. Twenty lead changes, 11 ties and the score is 89-89 with 2:50 left in the fourth quarter."

Digital_Damage
06-19-16, 21:34
and there you have it kiddies. LOL

Eurodriver
06-19-16, 21:40
The Cavs wanted it more. Steph Curry fell apart. Where was he all throughout the playoffs? Lebrons out there making free throws with a broken wrist!

Digital_Damage
06-19-16, 21:42
The Cavs wanted it more. Steph Curry fell apart. Where was he all throughout the playoffs? Lebrons out there making free throws with a broken wrist!

LULs

Like Shillings bloody sock?

Warriors should not even have been in the finals.

Has the NHL started up again?

Jer
06-20-16, 00:07
Witness.

MountainRaven
06-20-16, 00:58
Witness.

Eternal, shiny and chro-, gold.

Digital_Damage
06-20-16, 07:19
Numbers are in, NBA/NBC made an additional 104 million for games 6 and 7.

Would have lost money, if series was a sweep.

Would have made only 6 million if series ended at 5.

TheChunkNorris
06-20-16, 08:33

You seem like the type to tell kids there's no Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

Digital_Damage
06-20-16, 08:38
You seem like the type to tell kids there's no Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy.

and no Easter bunny.

TheChunkNorris
06-20-16, 08:40
and no Easter bunny.

So let me ask you something. You mentioned you liked Hockey or made reference if Hockey Season had already started.

Digital_Damage
06-20-16, 08:51
So let me ask you something. You mentioned you liked Hockey or made reference if Hockey Season had already started.

I know every fan base has their tin foil crew.

But it is the only major sports league in modern times (last 10 years) to not be so strongly influenced to push certain teams for the sake of ratings in the playoffs. Games through the season? Possibly, but not the playoffs.

If that was the case, you would not have Tampa competing so hard and you would not be shutting out your biggest TV draws in Canada.

TheChunkNorris
06-20-16, 09:21
I know every fan base has their tin foil crew.

But it is the only major sports league in modern times (last 10 years) to not be so strongly influenced to push certain teams for the sake of ratings in the playoffs. Games through the season? Possibly, but not the playoffs.

If that was the case, you would not have Tampa competing so hard and you would not be shutting out your biggest TV draws in Canada.

I get it and you're not the only person who thinks that but here's my thing about Hockey. It's the only pro sport that had a FULL strike and lockout a full season, think at that point it's safe to say they don't(or didn't) care for us the consumer. I don't go to Florida Panther games for that reason. Moving on.

As I pointed out earlier, Greene has a "chip" on his shoulder and it's very well known. It was a problem in Michigan State and it was a problem all season and in the play offs. He was fined 41k and had 7 Technical fouls, 2 of which were Flagrant this playoff season. Greene also has earned 303,644.00 in fines since entering the league. If there was ANYONE in this world that should've thought about throwing a hand anywhere near someone's genitals... I should have been him. There's no argument to why the league did it, like it or not I give Lebron props for getting a known player to act.

For Curry's fouls. Dude, he's not a good defender. He got steals this season because GS had a great team defense and he's a smart defender but with that said. The Cavs neutralized their pick and rolls(Curry and Draymond) but also made Curry switch when the Cavs would pick and roll. Thats how Kyrie and Lebron ended up on either Klay or Curry. Curry can't and will never be able to guard Lebron... so as soon as Lebron saw who was covering him, he drew the foul. All the greats have been doing it forever. I get particularly annoyed when stuff like this happens. We will never see another Jordan, Kobe, or Lebron so enjoy greatness and stop blaming the league when the person who was suspended was a repeat offender.

Jer
06-20-16, 10:00

This just in.... water is wet!

The Cavs won. This thread is dumb. (A couple more for you since you seem to enthralled with posting the obvious)

Digital_Damage
06-20-16, 12:18
I get it and you're not the only person who thinks that but here's my thing about Hockey. It's the only pro sport that had a FULL strike and lockout a full season, think at that point it's safe to say they don't(or didn't) care for us the consumer. I don't go to Florida Panther games for that reason. Moving on.

As I pointed out earlier, Greene has a "chip" on his shoulder and it's very well known. It was a problem in Michigan State and it was a problem all season and in the play offs. He was fined 41k and had 7 Technical fouls, 2 of which were Flagrant this playoff season. Greene also has earned 303,644.00 in fines since entering the league. If there was ANYONE in this world that should've thought about throwing a hand anywhere near someone's genitals... I should have been him. There's no argument to why the league did it, like it or not I give Lebron props for getting a known player to act.

For Curry's fouls. Dude, he's not a good defender. He got steals this season because GS had a great team defense and he's a smart defender but with that said. The Cavs neutralized their pick and rolls(Curry and Draymond) but also made Curry switch when the Cavs would pick and roll. Thats how Kyrie and Lebron ended up on either Klay or Curry. Curry can't and will never be able to guard Lebron... so as soon as Lebron saw who was covering him, he drew the foul. All the greats have been doing it forever. I get particularly annoyed when stuff like this happens. We will never see another Jordan, Kobe, or Lebron so enjoy greatness and stop blaming the league when the person who was suspended was a repeat offender.

You guys crack me up... You keep making this about GS (even more so about Green).

I have and will still maintain they never should have been in the Finals. They got the same suspect treatment playing against OKC that the CAVs got in the finals.

The Box and play by play show a systematic approach to controlling the score and momentum of individual games.