PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a spare A5H4 buffer?

jethroUSMC
06-14-16, 07:50
It's like trying to find hen's teeth, but I'd like to test it out. Does anyone have a spare or know of a vendor that has one in stock?

I have a BCM 11.5 that I want to setup with the Vltor A5, but cannot find an A5H4 heavy buffer in stock. I have an H3 and springCo green spring enroute.

Onyx Z
06-14-16, 08:09
You can build your own out of a regular buffer. The weights are interchangeable.

A5H4 is 4 tungsten and 0 steel weights.

GH41
06-14-16, 08:19
You can build your own out of a regular buffer. The weights are interchangeable.

A5H4 is 4 tungsten and 0 steel weights.

One problem for the average Joe... Drilling the tungsten for the spring. I am not a professional machinist but I have a lathe and a carbide center drill won't even scratch the tungsten weights.

Onyx Z
06-14-16, 09:09
One problem for the average Joe... Drilling the tungsten for the spring. I am not a professional machinist but I have a lathe and a carbide center drill won't even scratch the tungsten weights.

Oh that's right, the H4 is the only one with the spring inside... $hit, my bad.

Ryno12
06-14-16, 09:13
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?100661-The-Official-Where-Can-I-Get-It-Thread

Rayrevolver
06-14-16, 09:29
Oh that's right, the H4 is the only one with the spring inside... $hit, my bad.

All the A5 buffers have internal springs. In the A5H0-H3, the spring is connected to a steel weight. The H4 that weight is tungsten.

Now, outside of fully automatic fire maybe it makes no difference without the spring. I was almost going to try and hog out more of the plastic buffer side to hold the spring, but decided to against it.

All that said, I have some extra tungsten weights that I ordered intending to make 2-3 A5H4 buffers. PM me if you want to buy a few at cost.

...I have been looking for a used A5H4 buffer forever. May just man up and pay full price whenever they are in-stock.

jethroUSMC
06-14-16, 09:30
Thanks Ryno... found one.