PDA

View Full Version : foolish or not?

bloodlord77
06-14-16, 17:53
Ok. So I have 2 rifles. A Colt LE6920 Socom 2013 config, and an upgraded bushmaster M4A3 Patrolman carbine. My Colt has a rather low round count, and the Bushmaster also has a low round count since the barrel swap and new bcg and buffer. A friend of mine wants to trade both of my rifles for a KAC SR-15 IWS E3 MOD2 CARBINE. He says he has no more than 3000 rounds through it. I've been wanting to own a KAC rifle, but haven't been able to foot the bill for one. So my question is, would I be foolish to trade my two rifles for this one? Just looking for some of your opinions. Thanks in advance.

fallenromeo
06-14-16, 18:26
Considering BM is not highly regarded on this site, and a colt can be found again for right about 1K, I would trade both of those for a KAC in a New York minute. Just one question, is the trade straight across with everything on them as they sit right now? Like to you have expensive optics and lights on either/both that are expected to go along with the trade? Is there anything on his that will come with the trade? If we are talking just rifles with Irons, no aimpoints or surefire lights or anything like that, I would go for it. Otherwise, give us a little more to go on regarding what exactly would be included in the trade on both sides.

jethroUSMC
06-14-16, 18:43
I'd do it. Even with the potential for impending stupidity from politicians, I believe you'll be able to get the Colt again for a "reasonable" price as the poster above me stated.

And if for no other reason, you know you want to and we're enablers.

Outlander Systems
06-14-16, 18:51
Not foolish AT ALL.

http://gjermundbjaanes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Do-it1.png

Ryno12
06-14-16, 18:57
I certainly wouldn't, especially now with the shooting & the upcoming election. You can get big dollars for Colts & BMs during panic times.

Even if it was just any other day with nothing going on politically, I'd much rather have two ARs, especially when one is a Colt, than one KAC.

bloodlord77
06-14-16, 18:57
His kac has a long rail, not sure if 13" or what. Kac iron sights that look like a little stick with an aperature on it, and a handstop.

I paid 1400 stock for the colt m4a1 and have a miad pistol grip, ctr stock, gunfighter mod 4 charging handle, grip pod military vertical foregrip, aimpro patrol optic, and nightstick 800 lumen taclight.

The bushy has a new yhm ss barrel, bcm bcg and h buffer, moe pistol grip, and ctr stock, blackhawk 7" quadrail, and gunfighter mod 4 charging handle.

He wants my rifles "as is".

Jwknutson17
06-14-16, 19:03
When you can buy a KAC 16 inch MOD 2 brand new for $1,887 right now and in stock, I would pass. Your colt will prob sell for more then that come Nov to someone in a panic state.

Iraqgunz
06-14-16, 19:26
2 is 1, 1 is none. I wouldn't do it.

Inkslinger
06-14-16, 19:29

^This right here.

BlackWatch16
06-14-16, 19:41
The Aimpoint PRO and BCM CHs make it a deal breaker in my opinion...it seems that you have too much invested in those 2 rifles for an even trade. To be fair, I love KAC rifles and don't think there is a better one out there for hard use, even with the hefty price tag.
The real question is how reliable/proven is your Bushy/YHM rifle? I imagine with the BCM BCG upgrade it's solid and trustworthy. So yeah, 2 reliable rifles with resale value with uncertain times ahead is the way to go.

bloodlord77
06-14-16, 19:58
Yeah. I have a strong temptation, and a strong hesitation as well. The bushy i have was a tremendous turd in the beginning. The bbl started keyholing after 3000 rounds i believe it was. One of the screws in the gas key sheared off. But since the barrel change and new bcg, it has been accurate and ran flawlessly so far "about 500 rds."

I dont want to trade my rifles, and then regret it. With a sense of impending doom in the near future, I dont want to make a hasty decision.

Outlander Systems
06-14-16, 20:01
With your optic?

Nah, bro. Keep your shit. That is a deal breaker.

His kac has a long rail, not sure if 13" or what. Kac iron sights that look like a little stick with an aperature on it, and a handstop.

I paid 1400 stock for the colt m4a1 and have a miad pistol grip, ctr stock, gunfighter mod 4 charging handle, grip pod military vertical foregrip, aimpro patrol optic, and nightstick 800 lumen taclight.

The bushy has a new yhm ss barrel, bcm bcg and h buffer, moe pistol grip, and ctr stock, blackhawk 7" quadrail, and gunfighter mod 4 charging handle.

He wants my rifles "as is".

556BlackRifle
06-14-16, 20:26
Keep yours and buy another one or two before the election!

jstalford
06-14-16, 20:32
Yeah it's not a good deal based on what you have in your Colt, especially for the optic.

You'd do better to buy a KAC and sell one of the others in a couple months.

MegademiC
06-14-16, 20:44
Buy a KAC, then sell the bm on gun broker if there's a panic.

JoshNC
06-14-16, 21:18

This. The KAC mod2 can be found for just under $2k. If you want the KAC, buy one outright. Don't adios two rifles with the amount of accessories you have to get the KAC.

Robertsk1
06-15-16, 07:15
Sounds like a bad idea, plus you gotta ask yourself this, If the KAC is so great…. why is he willing to trade it? Keep your two rifles, if anything keep the colt as your go to gun and use the bushy as your practice gun.

Thats what I do, My BCM is my go to gun, and I have a PSA that is set up just like the BCM, thats my practice gun that i beat up on.

Double3
06-15-16, 07:26
I like the idea of buying a KAC and looking to sell the other 2 in the coming months.

Or have 3 rifles. Nothing wrong with that.

seedubs1
06-15-16, 08:53
Your "friend" is trying to take you for a ride on that trade.

No way is that an even trade if you're including an Aimpoint, BCM BCG, and BCM CH's on both rifles.

If he'd trade where you keep the Aimpoint and one of the BCM CH's, it MIGHT be a fair trade, but still skewed in his favor.

If you're really wanting a KAC, sell your Bushy, and buy a new KAC. Keep your Colt.

clarkz71
06-15-16, 09:25
Yeah. I have a strong temptation, and a strong hesitation as well.

I dont want to trade my rifles, and then regret it. With a sense of impending doom in the near future,
I dont want to make a hasty decision.

I think you have your answer

Buy a KAC, then sell the bm on gun broker if there's a panic.

Exactly what I would do.

gregshin
06-15-16, 10:21
I love kac but replacement parts are also expensive and proprietary as well. Those reasons are why I'm hesitant to buy kac.

dirkmagurk
06-15-16, 10:47
I personally have never been a fan of KAC but other than that you are better off having two rifles in case one goes down..shit happens regardless of brand/manufacturer.

bloodlord77
06-15-16, 11:11
Thanks for the replies. I guess im gonna keep my two, and save up for a kac. I didnt know their parts werent interchangable. Hopefully ill be able to afford one before any rash changes to our gun laws are put into effect.

Outlander Systems
06-15-16, 11:21
Especially in light of the upgrades of critical components in the BM.

Smart move.

Thanks for the replies. I guess im gonna keep my two, and save up for a kac. I didnt know their parts werent interchangable. Hopefully ill be able to afford one before any rash changes to our gun laws are put into effect.

JC5188
06-15-16, 11:26
Nope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gregshin
06-15-16, 11:43

I believe the bolt and chamber of the barrels use different lugs then the standard bolt.

Also the gas system is also longer as well too.

fallenromeo
06-15-16, 13:25
As already said, I retract my first comment. With your optic and everything, the trade is not fair for you. I have noticed that ammo is already flying out of stock from many of the online vendors I frequent which may be a sign of impending panic. Toss the BM on gunbroker and use that cash to help buy a KAC. You will have to come out of pocket, but it will be worth it.

As said, yes the KAC does have a few proprietary parts. But they are also known for lasting much longer than most of their competition. Yes, you will need a KAC bolt if you need to replace it, you can't replace it with a mil-spec. But that KAC proprietary bolt will live practically forever. You have nothing to fear by purchasing a KAC just because it has a few proprietary parts.

Flankenstein
06-15-16, 13:45
Negative.

ColtSeavers
06-15-16, 14:49
I woud not make that trade.

JC5188
06-15-16, 16:40
To add to my brief comment above, the KAC is a fantastic gun. I would rather have one SR15 than the two you have. But what you have mentioned is not an equitable trade. Not even close since they are all used guns. Especially if the only thing BM about the BM is the roll mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig1473
06-15-16, 16:49
No way in Hades.

bloodlord77
06-15-16, 17:28
Ha. Maybe I'll swipe a credit card for an SR-15 and just pay it off monthly. then I'll have 3 rifles, and a little more debt. atleast then I'll have it before panic buying makes them unfindable.