PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely incredible!

JediMindTricks
08-29-08, 11:01
Whenever you all have 23 minutes to kill check this out. It's amazing to think that this very well could be happening in the future as technology increases, and increases in it's capabilities.... Be patient with. It's very interesting if watched in it's entirety.

Enjoy!

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/ray_kurzweil_on_how_technology_will_transform_us.html

thopkins22
08-29-08, 11:19
Pretty crazy stuff.

"Inventor, entrepreneur and visionary Ray Kurzweil explains in abundant, grounded detail why, by the 2020s, we will have reverse-engineered the human brain and nanobots will be operating your consciousness."

JediMindTricks
08-29-08, 11:27
When seeing this, during the part where he says "high school student will be able to outperform Olympic athletes" I immediately though of how this will effect the battlefield.

Seth Harness
08-29-08, 16:37
Yeah, its interesting and pretty cool. Then again Im sceptical of change and humans over stepping their bounderies, this smells alot like someone trying to play god.

Some things are best just left undone... Thats just my humble opinion.

JediMindTricks
08-29-08, 16:44
Yeah, its interesting and pretty cool. Then again Im sceptical of change and humans over stepping their bounderies, this smells alot like someone trying to play god.

Some things are best just left undone... Thats just my humble opinion.

I feel the same way. Unfortunately scientist don't.... Have you heard of the "hadron collider"? If not then I suggest you Google it. Scientist say things should go smooth but then again that isn't 100% guaranteed. It's pretty wild. BTW the Hadron Collider is scheduled to run in Sept. of this year!!!

cz7
08-29-08, 23:12
we the elites will control your life or the nazis dream comes to mind!

Dedpoet
08-30-08, 10:20
I spent some time poking around on that site last night and there are some really fascinating talks posted there. This one on the intelligence of crows is extremely interesting.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/joshua_klein_on_the_intelligence_of_crows.html

JediMindTricks
08-30-08, 12:05
I spent some time poking around on that site last night and there are some really fascinating talks posted there. This one on the intelligence of crows is extremely interesting.

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/joshua_klein_on_the_intelligence_of_crows.html

I just watched that one. Wicked smart animals. I like the idea of living with them and using them for their intelligent traits vs. exterminating them. Makes more sense to me.

Seth Harness
08-31-08, 23:15
I just watched that one. Wicked smart animals. I like the idea of living with them and using them for their intelligent traits vs. exterminating them. Makes more sense to me.

I dont know much about their intelligence but plug one with a pellet gun some time and see what happens. Twice its happened to me, when I've shot one all the others in the area go absolutly nuts.

Okay, back on topic.

thopkins22
08-31-08, 23:44
I dont know much about their intelligence but plug one with a pellet gun some time and see what happens. Twice its happened to me, when I've shot one all the others in the area go absolutly nuts.

Okay, back on topic.

I've read about people who place an owl decoy on a fence, and maybe toss a few injured crow decoys around and do a crow call(I'm assuming their version of a distress call), lie down, and go to town with a shotgun.

DANGER CLOSE
09-01-08, 05:21
i have seen a crow literally pop open an alice packs outer pouch, take the mre ration out of it and then commence on picking at the bag to get to the meal. that was some crazy s**t. we all laughed our asses off.

nate_tac
09-01-08, 06:39
Danger, I have eaten my share of MRE's, that is NOT a sign of intelligence!...........Unless he used the flameless MRE heater to fabricate a "MRE Heater Bomb".

Nate

Seth Harness
09-01-08, 08:24
Really though,
If nano technology could do away with the conniving and just down right greedy as hell medical system and/or the AMA, along with health insurance providers, Im 100% all for it.
After what we went through with my dad and what we're going through with my mom, all those bastards can go to hell.

Nathan_Bell
09-01-08, 09:07
I feel the same way. Unfortunately scientist don't.... Have you heard of the "hadron collider"? If not then I suggest you Google it. Scientist say things should go smooth but then again that isn't 100% guaranteed. It's pretty wild. BTW the Hadron Collider is scheduled to run in Sept. of this year!!!

Hey, if the worst case scenario happens we have a century to get off the planet before the black hole eats the Earth. Middle bad result is a big chunk of France gets blown up! Good result and by far the most likely, at least according to folks who can do the math at that level, is that we learn a great deal about particle physics.