PDA

View Full Version : Part 1/4 Tiered Fighting Load for Modern Minutemen

skylineracer329
06-16-16, 02:40
"Regardless of what you choose to use, the concept behind it is the same; it’s the bare minimum of tools you need to defend yourself, you family and your home. If you have a home invasion, you can throw this belt on and have everything you need to protect yourself."

https://libertydefenseconcepts.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/tiered-fighting-load-for-modern-minutemen/

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160616/2661f3d3396c7ddf0e64624c863e2574.jpg

kenny256
06-19-16, 16:32
Did you author this? Or just sharing?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

skylineracer329
06-19-16, 17:49
Did you author this? Or just sharing?

Depends on whether you think it sucks or not lol yes I wrote it

kenny256
06-19-16, 18:16
Depends on whether you think it sucks or not lol yes I wrote it
I liked it. I have a padded "war belt" set up in a similar Fashion.

Two double decker tacos.
Makes 3 rifle mags includ8ng one in the rifle.

And the same for the G17.

I don't use it for HD because for me time is of the essence since I have a small child on the other end of the house. Pretty much grab the glock and haul to the kids room. And maybe making it back to the wife and other baby.

I keep it for the reason of neighbor hood protection if something goes down in this country.

I take it that the other parts are not finnished. I could not find them on the sight.

skylineracer329
06-19-16, 18:19
I liked it. I have a padded "war belt" set up in a similar Fashion.

Two double decker tacos.
Makes 3 rifle mags includ8ng one in the rifle.

And the same for the G17.

I don't use it for HD because for me time is of the essence since I have a small child on the other end of the house. Pretty much grab the glock and haul to the kids room. And maybe making it back to the wife and other baby.

I keep it for the reason of neighbor hood protection if something goes down in this country.

I take it that the other parts are not finnished. I could not find them on the sight.

I don't use it for HD either, same reason. I scratch my head at the YouTube gun guys that say you should keep a full plate carrier by your bed for HD. I know how long it takes at a brisk walk to get from my front door to my bedroom, and I'm sure not getting a PC on in that time. And that's if I was expecting it, let alone being woken up at 4 in the morning.

Other parts are not done yet. I'll be writing and publishing each part for the next 3 Wednesday's. Thanks for checking it out!

daddyusmaximus
06-19-16, 22:38
So far we agree. You gonna post the rest as they become available?

skylineracer329
06-19-16, 22:44
So far we agree. You gonna post the rest as they become available?

Yes. I'll have part 2 up this Wednesday. Parts 3 and 4 the following Wednesdays. Thanks for reading!

Treehopr
06-19-16, 23:08
Hard to take your post seriously, especially if you're setting it up for home defense...

Neither of your weapons have white lights and your war belt doesn't even have a hand held light.

Plenty of examples of homeowners who've negligently shot family members because they weren't able to properly discriminate their targets.

kenny256
06-19-16, 23:33
Hard to take your post seriously, especially if you're setting it up for home defense...

Neither of your weapons have white lights and your war belt doesn't even have a hand held light.

Plenty of examples of homeowners who've negligently shot family members because they weren't able to properly discriminate their targets.
In the article it states that having a full size handgun that you can attach a light to is ideal.....

skylineracer329
06-19-16, 23:36

Thank you for the feedback, a good observation. I do not use this set up for HD, however some people might. As such a light is mounted to my hand gun when it's on my nightstand while I sleep. When I'm using this set up, I keep my handheld light in my pocket.

However, I did write this as a generality, and I should have made the need for a light more obvious. I'll go and edit that accordingly.

Treehopr
06-20-16, 06:34
In the article it states that having a full size handgun that you can attach a light to is ideal.....

And yet the pictures show both a handgun in a holster with no light and a carbine with no light attached...

26 Inf
06-20-16, 08:44
Hey, OP, don't know if this is your first effort at writing something like that, but good job overall - it was an esay read, and as you've seen, got people to thinking and commenting.

Treehopr is right, that kind of thing - talking about need for lights and then have pics sans lights - detracts from what you are saying, can cause loss of credibility.

By the use of 'Modern Minutemen' in your title, you gave me the inkling that you hope your efforts will spark those who read to teach each other, adding and discarding as they go. I think that model has some merit.

Keeping going on the next parts, I like to see stuff pop up in tactical gear and training and tactics.

SGTMAJ
06-20-16, 10:47
Easy to read and understand... I would add a edged weapon like a knife on your battle belt as well.