PDA

View Full Version : AR15 style shotgun ? MKA 1919

harolsknipp
06-16-16, 19:33
Hi guys been lurking a while, finally joined a couple weeks ago, and reading a lot on here. Anyway
Just found a place that seems to specialize in making them for competition.
Anybody have one?

harolsknipp
07-11-16, 19:57
Found this vid from the guy who makes them. :blink:

I gotta get me one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QFKpRhLvlA

joffe
07-12-16, 05:32
Standard Manufacturing is gonna be bringing out a US-made competitor this fall. http://www.guns.com/2016/01/29/3016521/ It uses the 1919 magazines, too.

Noodles
07-15-16, 18:20
OP, it's a gussied up 1100 to take mags.

Personally, having been there with Saiga (awful), Vepr (a LOT better), the KSG (lol), most of the fad shotguns and having only seen the 1919 shoot - nothing has yet beat the Benelli m1/m2/m4s imo. The VersaMax is alright if yours runs well and doesn't need a Benelli trigger put in it.

I've owned quite a few. Still own an 870 and an m1.

Smokin338
07-16-16, 23:24
Starts off cheap (they're on Sale for around $500), by the time your done you've got about $1500 in it! At 15-20 yards with slugs the accuracy is good, can stack shots. Magazine lips need a little tuning to get them to run reliable especially 10 rounders !

Noodles
07-18-16, 11:42
Starts off cheap (they're on Sale for around $500), by the time your done you've got about $1500 in it! At 15-20 yards with slugs the accuracy is good, can stack shots. Magazine lips need a little tuning to get them to run reliable especially 10 rounders !

A lot like the Saigas.

As the magazine lip tuning - it should be noted that all these "tuned" mags are pretty much for THAT gun. If you have two of the same gun, there is a chance the mags won't work between them. A truth that definitely helped put my off of the box mag shotguns.

ramairthree
07-18-16, 16:44
I got one for my son a couple of years ago.
And bought a Saiga also.

They are fun as hell when working.
Like an old school era Harley or an M60,
They take a lot of effort and ability to keep running good.

Edit-
I am not at a point in life where I like dicking around and tuning and maintenance.
I like picking something out, bringing it home, going to the range,
And shooting it.
I don't even like zeroing optics and stuff any more.
It is just something I have to do so I can then do the shooting I want.

The 1919 I think was 400 bucks.
Then mags, usable sights, compliance parts, etc. to gussy up a Kel Tec quality gun.

The saiga outfitted will take you to about a grand also.
Fun as hell to knock out a drum. But would I count on either of them?

Not so much.

They are like the desert eagles of shotguns.

They guy that makes the upgrade receivers, parts, mags, etc. is a great dude with great customer service.