PDA

View Full Version : Belt Feed ... Anyone ???

GRA556
06-16-16, 21:48
Y'all check this out. First time I've seen this jewel:

http://ar15tactical.com/ares-15-mcr-magazine-belt-fed-ar15-upper/

I personally think this would be awesome with a bump-fire or similar device. Would also be awesome on a 7.62x39 or .308 but could get expensive feeding one of these things. Either way, it would be a blast.:cool:

Duffy
06-17-16, 10:14
Yeah, we put down a deposit in 2003, and got our Shrike uppers in 2013. They were selling them at full retail price to new customers, while folks that deposited $1000 each for the upper had to wait.

They were happy to accept deposits from customers in CA, but 10 years later, refuse to ship to CA, they're just gun parts.

The flip side is one can learn much about customer service from them, as in all the things you should not do lol.

tom12.7
06-17-16, 17:35
I was an early depositor and had mine before 2013, I didn't like the wait, but I'm happy with mine now. Took some time to slow the cyclic rate reliably, but runs well on a RDIAS pretty good. I like the trimmed mag wells over the standard, as I normally only feed it belts. It does still run normal magazines with the shortened well, but lacks some obvious support.