PDA

View Full Version : Denver, CO

glock21xxx
06-17-16, 06:02
Hey guys,

Got a potential opportunity to move to Denver CO.

Without much detail yet besides the little I know about Denver (been there on vaca a few times).

Can someone please advise decent areas of the city to start scoping out for apartments? Additionally, where there may be reasonable rents?

Any help, insight, info would be appreciated.

Striker6
06-17-16, 09:10
Define your idea of "reasonable" rent.
Our rent and home prices have had some of the highest price increases in the nation for the past few years. Expect to pay anywhere from $1,500 to $2,000 a month for a decent 2 bedroom unit.

glock21xxx
06-17-16, 10:15
What areas should I be looking at?

dmd08
06-17-16, 13:13
What will the general vicinity of your work be? How long of a commute can you tolerate?

glock21xxx
06-17-16, 13:22
What will the general vicinity of your work be? How long of a commute can you tolerate?

North of Denver proper by about 20 minutes? I'd like to be 25-30 minutes at most?

Fullretard
06-17-16, 13:24
The Denver housung market is on FIRE right now, which means renta will be pushed up, so be prepaired for sticker shock.

glock21xxx
06-17-16, 17:41
The Denver housung market is on FIRE right now, which means renta will be pushed up, so be prepaired for sticker shock.

Yeah, I've been perusing the listings and DAMN

Fullretard
06-17-16, 18:21
only going to get worse
I am sure pot is going to make those prices stick

Jwknutson17
06-17-16, 23:20
If you were not on the north side, I would say Parker/Elizabeth/castle rock/larkspur area. Lots of building in Parker and they are trying to fill huge New apartment complexes just built. Still can get a new un-lived in place for 1200/month. No advice on the north side for specific living location. However, it's a terrible commute through the city at almost every part of the day. Denver is just crazy. I would say live furthest out of Denver metro as possible right now. North side of 25 at 104th is always a mess. Always. I would say go farther north and commute south towards work than living in Denver and commute in and out. Unless your into the whole bar / beer / hipster / pot vibe, stay out of downtown . County's like Douglas county, where I live, don't allow the whole pot shop deal. Not until you get into Denver do you see how pot has put a bad name on a once great city. More pot shops then Starbucks and McDonald's combined. Seriously. Prices here are so high. Going a little further out of the city is your only hope at a quality / affordable place.

tigershilone
06-18-16, 19:50
North of Denver proper by about 20 minutes? I'd like to be 25-30 minutes at most?
Is the job located 20 minutes due north of Denver?

If that is the case that at least opens up some semi-affordable housing in the north and northeast corridors from Denver (platteville, brighton) up the I76 freeway. Stay out of commerce city though, although improving it is still pretty sketchy.

If the job is in the northwest corridor going towards boulder then the pricing there is even worse than Denver because of all the boulder wanna-be's that cant afford boulder but want to be close to it.

Pot growers are still unable to legally bank their $$$ so they "diversify" by buying homes with cash offers (doesnt matter if it is great or shitty, they buy it and fix it up) and this is how they launder the $$$ cash to a federally legal venue. They are literally sitting on piles of cash they cant bank.

Unfortunately colorado is also getting hit hard by the ppl fleeing liberal states and bringing that crap here. If it was such a great state and system, why didn't they stay in utopia? WE got nailed with a 15 round mag limit in 2012 and also have some wonderful politicians gaining power (such as "we want to ban them, you know, the ones with the thing that goes up on the front!" not the exact quote, but good enough for less than 1 moa;) )

THCDDM4
06-29-16, 17:02
20 minutes north of Denver- I'd be looking at Broomfield or Westminster if you want to stay close, if it were me personally I'd rather be further North in Longmont area.

Get ready for some shitty traffic, all the people moving here are clogging the streets like crazy- rush "hour" seems to last all day long now-a-days. Rent is gonna SUCK, there is so little inventory for rent or for sale now, they go like wild fire and the prices keep going up.

tanktop
06-29-16, 17:35
Hey guys,

Got a potential opportunity to move to Denver CO.

Without much detail yet besides the little I know about Denver (been there on vaca a few times).

Can someone please advise decent areas of the city to start scoping out for apartments? Additionally, where there may be reasonable rents?

Any help, insight, info would be appreciated.

The fact that you've vacationed in Denver not once but multiple times indicates your standards are pretty low [emoji12]

Just kidding, I'm in the Springs and it's a nice state but swinging left fast. As far as rent goes I would recommend skipping it and buying. Housing prices are only going up but not as fast as rent, in other works a mortgage will be cheaper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flankenstein
06-29-16, 17:36
F Denver and the front range.... Man up and move out west to the mountains