-The Rail Mount 1 works with AA and CR123 batteries
-programable for high/strobe, high only, and low/high function
-comes with standard tailcap and tape switch
-Tape switch has two activation buttons
-Tape switch mount is reasonably solid for what they're charging anyway
-$99 shipped for the Rail Mount 1 and $109 shipped for the Rail Mount 2

Cons:
-Made in China will be the big objection

Full review with the RM1 on a BCM upper and a RM2 on a SOLGW M4-SML for some shooting, a beam comparison/demo, and a more detailed discussion of the info above:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khPdfj-e_vU

sierra 223
06-18-16, 20:01
Good review as always, Thanks

Kenneth
06-18-16, 20:35
I really like the price. Have been eyeballing an Arisaka M300 lately but the price is holding me back. I want to run it on my scorpion Evo in a thorntail mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uprange41
06-18-16, 21:57
Thanks for the review, Mike. Comprehensive as always!

I really like the price. Have been eyeballing an Arisaka M300 lately but the price is holding me back. I want to run it on my scorpion Evo in a thorntail mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's more expensive, but it's also made here in the US by a couple of companies comprised of some real good people.

intense
06-18-16, 22:43
4009240093400944009540096I recently bought a rm2 for use on what is my hd gun. Unless the shtf or zombies it won't see hard use so cost was a factor for me. I also very much like the remote switch with both momentary and on/off. Very happy with the light output. The light output pic is in what was a pitch black basement. I also hoped to show what I thought was a neat trick I came up with for cable management. I noticed that my bcm keymod rail sections are hollowed out in back - so I thought - why not use them to secure the wire. I made a notch on each side with my dremel, and ran the with under/through the rail section. Hope someone finds this useful.

Uprange41
06-18-16, 22:57
^I like the notch idea. Never thought of that.

scottryan
06-18-16, 23:21
Not a valid option for any serious gun.

scooter22
06-18-16, 23:23
Not a valid option for any serious gun.

Can you please elaborate?

Mrgunsngear
06-21-16, 12:11
4009240093400944009540096I recently bought a rm2 for use on what is my hd gun. Unless the shtf or zombies it won't see hard use so cost was a factor for me. I also very much like the remote switch with both momentary and on/off. Very happy with the light output. The light output pic is in what was a pitch black basement. I also hoped to show what I thought was a neat trick I came up with for cable management. I noticed that my bcm keymod rail sections are hollowed out in back - so I thought - why not use them to secure the wire. I made a notch on each side with my dremel, and ran the with under/through the rail section. Hope someone finds this useful.

That's genius.

turnburglar
07-04-16, 11:18
Got an RM2 because of this review. My LGS had it in stock and a few bucks cheaper than Amazon so I jumped on it.

For the price I don't think there is a better rifle light on the market. The tail switch works really well, and they ain't joking about 625 lumens. I don't have a ton of range time yet, but first impressions is the RM2 is probably gonna replace my x300 for HD light.

unclebud
07-04-16, 16:26

That is a very good idea. I am seriously thinking about purchasing on of these lights.

slowlowmiata
07-05-16, 08:18
I have the type 2 in a monkey bar mount. It puts the light slightly to far forward near my brake. Does anyone have a side by side comparison shot of the type1 and type 2?

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

comprido
07-14-16, 17:41
Can you please elaborate?

Because it's not a Surefire (probably). Fanboys gonna fanboy.

Or if he's really a flashlight snob, it's because it isn't an Elzetta or doesn't have a Malkoff dropin

03rone
07-14-16, 21:25
4009240093400944009540096 I noticed that my bcm keymod rail sections are hollowed out in back - so I thought - why not use them to secure the wire. I made a notch on each side with my dremel, and ran the with under/through the rail section. Hope someone finds this useful.
Good tip, this will be done if I do a tape switch setup

SGTMAJ
07-19-16, 09:48
Have the RM1 got it 2 weeks ago just went out shooting with it last night. The spill is wider than my Surefire scout ligh.t both take 1 123 but the fact the Streamlight can also use a AA if necessary make it a big winner in my book

nova3930
07-19-16, 14:39
I like mine thus far. If someone doesn't produce an m-lok mount for that tape switch soon though I'm gonna have to hit the Bridgeport and make something. ZTs just aren't cutting it...

RichinVA
07-20-16, 17:08
Ordered. Good vid, thanks for the steer.