PDA

View Full Version : Ebay removed my posting

HMsailor
06-19-16, 02:29
looks like Ebay is an Anti 2nd Amendment and pro AWB. they took down my posting for plastic handguards LOL. well i guess its time to stop supporting them.

JC5188
06-19-16, 07:39
looks like Ebay is an Anti 2nd Amendment and pro AWB. they took down my posting for plastic handguards LOL. well i guess its time to stop supporting them.

Must have just been you, there is still TONS of stuff up for ARs. Grips, rails, handguards...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jellybean
06-19-16, 10:57
It's not just him.
Ebay are total c***s when it comes to firearms parts, and if you read their ruls and regs, they conform to Kali law when it comes to these things.
A while back, I wanted to start an ebay store for accessories (magpul stuff, etc.)- the day after I posted my listing they kicked ALL of them off. Like 25 listings or so for "not fitting within their guidelines" or whatever horseshit they say.
So I tried again- didn't put anything "offensive" in the title like "M4" "AR" etc.
They kicked them all again.
So I went through and scrubbed EVERYTHING even vaguely relating to what firearm they were for, and *most* of them went through. some just till wouldn't.
Think that's stupid?
A friend went to sell an airsoft M4 there, and it was kicked once or twice too.

The grand irony here is, as JC pointed out, there was still a ton of stuff up for sale. Go figure. I guess they just hated me?

Finally, I went to sell an ACS stock that I had replaced with an STR, and having that get kicked I got fed up and penned an over the top description for the thing in the hope it wouldn't get kicked again.
Luckily it sold here before I got a chance to use it.
So I no longer use ebay for my selling needs, unless absolutely desperate.

OP, here's the description I had if you want to edit and use it- maybe it'll help? If not, should get some views at least... ;)

A certain online auction entity wouldn’t let me tell you what this item really is since it’s so special and rare, but if you know what I know than you’ll know that the following description can only barely describe the sheer awesome of this shoulder thing that goes up.

First, and most obvious is the ninja color. Foliage green is the ultimate in peopleflauge because it’s a reduced signature low-profile color option that won’t make people think you’re an uber bad motha’ operator, but at the same time blends in with natural environments so that you can operate effectively on all your most critical operations.
Second, the amazing ergonomics allow you to deconflict with all your most vital gear when kitted up, and allows total repeatable head positioning so you never have to worry about looking unmanly when trying to get a solid cheekweld in any unconventional operational position. Because operators gotta’ be ready to switch it on at the drop of a hat, and you can’t have a fool stock with no perfect pillow-like cheekweld causing you to fail a decisive engagement.

And you know this stock that you’re bidding on has been used by a true operator, because of the operational marks in key areas- namely two or three minor scratches on the bottom from highspeed operating, a small amount of debris that couldn’t be cleaned out of the buttpad screws from buttstroking fools to the deck, and two or three minor stains from cleaning. Because you can’t operate operationally if your blaster isn’t operational….
Never fear though, because the owner of this shoulder thing follows the true way of the warrior in caring for his equipment, and the item is fully operational and ready for you to operate as if it had been forged by Thor yesterday.

Finally, as an added bonus, the ultra high speed quick detach sling stud is included and mounted for your operational pleasure. This component allows you to attach and detach from your sling at the speed of light, and further enables deconfliction with critical gear components, as well as allowing greater options for extra manliness and speed of use of this shoulder thing that goes up.
If any more intel aside from this operationally awesome description is needed, then send us your traffic, and METT-TC dependent, we’ll get back to you AsAp.
Bid with confidence, and may the odds be ever in your favor.