PDA

View Full Version : Brownell's retail store

Swobe1
06-19-16, 15:00
So I live 45 minutes from Brownell's and was just finally able to make it there yesterday to check out the new retail store. First, it's awesome that we have such a place in Iowa and that in general we have such an awesome source for gear and parts. I've spent a lot of time and money running back and forth to grab different things that I want or need rather than wait for shipping.

They have a lot of guns and ammo, and obviously access to their whole warehouse when you are there. I was just a little disappointed. In their specific parts mags they send out highlighting the AR and 1911 they have numerous custom builds inside showcasing what they have to offer. At the store, they have all factory built items. I guess I was looking forward to holding some ar's with some different rail sections, parts, stocks, optics, etc. They do have a corner of the store dedicated to optics, but it was mostly all magnified. I'm debating about another MRO or Aimpoint on my newest addition and I was hoping to A-B them.

Maybe I'm being picky, but it's one of those things that I think would be awesome to see. It is still an awesome store and I'm very happy, like I said, that it is close and they can provide all the parts you ever need. If you have the chance, you should definitely stop and visit.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

skyboss_4evr
06-19-16, 18:05
That's too bad. I need to take a day and check it out for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryanm
06-20-16, 12:49
They have the aimpoints and most other options on the side of the other side of the rack where they have the magnified optics mounted on the rifle stocks. Also, as long as they don't have to open any seals on packaging, they can pull other optics from the warehouse to show you if you want. Anything they carry they are happy to have it brought up and discuss prior to purchase. They might even have some open/return items they can show you if it is something that is normally sealed.

ryanm
06-20-16, 12:50
Also their FFL to FFL transfer process is GREAT!!!! They took all the ass pain out of that for me.

Swobe1
06-20-16, 13:08
Like I said, the store is great, and the fact you have access to their whole warehouse is fantastic. I've ordered plenty and picked it up at both the Montezuma store and the new location. I thought I only saw one Aimpoint in the glass display, but I'm guessing they will keep moving things around and adjusting as they go.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

nova3930
06-20-16, 16:10
I'm loving Brownells lately. I broke down and got an Edge membership and that combined with my discount for having an Type 03 FFL is pretty awesome.