PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on lower parts kit

CarlosDJackal
08-29-08, 16:16
I have decided to purchase a Brownells billeted lower receiver to SBR and was wondering what is the best lower parts kit (fire control and trigger assemblies, receiver extension, pivot pins, etc, minus the stock) and where can I get these?

I ran into a couple of complete kits from Brownells, one is DPMS and the other is from Bushmaster. Has anyone had any issues with either of these kits? I already know that I will be installing an ambi safety lever as well as KNBS anti-walk pins. I have not yet decided on the stock.

Thanks in advanced!!

LOKNLOD
08-29-08, 16:34
Did you see Grant's new kits?

link (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18292)

C4IGrant
08-29-08, 16:36

link (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18292)

:D

C4

LOKNLOD
08-29-08, 16:38
:D

C4

*cough*discount*cough,cough* :p

Mine is waiting on my doorstep at home, along with some other goodies!

CarlosDJackal
08-29-08, 22:11

Dude!! This is a family-oriented website. What you and Grant do behind closed doors is your business. :D

Thanks. I will consider the kit.

Blankwaffe
08-29-08, 22:47
I would highly recommend calling Grant at G&R Tactical.
So far he is one of the very best sources I have found for high quality components.
As was said in a previous post,the LPK's he has are selected and put together for quality and performance.If I wanted a LPK thats the one I would buy without a doubt.Price is verygood as well.

AnimalMother556
09-01-08, 20:03
If I may be so bold, might I ask what make these particular parts so much better, or who manufactures them? Not bustin' balls Grant, as I was considering one of these kits for a No-Nonsense, hard use midlength build.

cody0341
09-01-08, 21:32
just got mine from grant. It's great!

joe_sun
09-01-08, 23:43
If I may be so bold, might I ask what make these particular parts so much better, or who manufactures them? Not bustin' balls Grant, as I was considering one of these kits for a No-Nonsense, hard use midlength build.

Here's a link to a better thread where he talks about them.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18289

The Cliff Notes is over a 5 year period of time he tracked down what company made each individual part he liked the most and then put together his own kit using only those best parts.

C4IGrant
09-02-08, 08:52

The reason they are better is because I have tried all the rest and came up with what I consider the best combination of quality for price. A good portion of the parts in our LPK's are from LMT (something you cannot buy directly from LMT).

C4

CarlosDJackal
09-10-08, 14:53
Grant,

When do you expect to get more in?

C4IGrant
09-10-08, 15:06
Grant,

When do you expect to get more in?

I think I will have 25 new kits come Tuesday!

C4

Ventura
09-10-08, 16:16
Grant,

If you get the kit please add that to my order. I will email you. Thanks.

C4IGrant
09-10-08, 16:17
Grant,

If you get the kit please add that to my order. I will email you. Thanks.

Sure (if I knew who you were). :D

C4

Ventura
09-10-08, 16:27
I just emailed you. ;)

kalikraven
09-10-08, 17:54
Grants kit is great. He did alot of research on it and put together a good kit. He will take care of you and his prices are pretty good too.

C4IGrant
09-11-08, 10:50
Grants kit is great. He did alot of research on it and put together a good kit. He will take care of you and his prices are pretty good too.

Thanks.

C4

Ventura
09-11-08, 12:14
I'm looking forward to getting one of Grant's LPK. It really seems that he and his company have great attention to detail and sincerely want to provide the best product for his customers. Lately, I've been recommending G&R to all my friends here in So Cal. They've been very happy. Now I'm going to do a mass email to all my friends building off list lowers to pick up one of his LPK. ;)

C4IGrant
09-11-08, 12:22
Now I'm going to do a mass email to all my friends building off list lowers to pick up one of his LPK. ;)

YIKES! How many friends do you have??? :)

C4

Ventura
09-11-08, 12:42
Okay, nix the mass email... I'm only going to tell the cool guys. I don't want everyone else having the best LPK in their builds.

C4IGrant
09-11-08, 12:51
Okay, nix the mass email... I'm only going to tell the cool guys. I don't want everyone else having the best LPK in their builds.

LOL, I jus get nervous when I hear about "mass" anything. :)

C4

C4IGrant
09-11-08, 12:52
Good new folks, our LPK's are back in stock!!!

C4

Ventura
09-11-08, 13:12
Just don't be shocked if you get more California orders. ;)

joe_sun
09-11-08, 20:39
California order here

got a LPK kit