PDA

View Full Version : NHL Offseason Thread

Digital_Damage
06-21-16, 10:14
To consolidate news on upcoming FA.

"Lightning in talks to possibly trade Goalie Ben Bishop"

Makes sense guy has been glass in the playoffs and his back up is coming into his own.

They also have to move him if they plan on resigning Stamkos and Kucherov.

Voodoochild
06-21-16, 18:09
That's crazy Bishop was a damn good goalie. That was a pretty nasty injury he suffered against the Pens. Their backup definitely held his own and did a great job.

Digital_Damage
06-21-16, 19:46
That's crazy Bishop was a damn good goalie. That was a pretty nasty injury he suffered against the Pens. Their backup definitely held his own and did a great job.

in looking at his record he has been a liability in the playoffs with health.

I also did not know Callahan was playing with a busted hip too.

That Tampa team was digging real deep to keep themselves alive.

The_War_Wagon
06-21-16, 20:25
WOOT! :cool:

Just had to stick that in there, to start off the OFFseason. :dance3:

http://www.post-gazette.com/image/2016/06/16/ca0,10,750,456/20160615smPensParade001.jpg

Digital_Damage
06-21-16, 21:11
WOOT! :cool:

Just had to stick that in there, to start off the OFFseason. :dance3:

http://www.post-gazette.com/image/2016/06/16/ca0,10,750,456/20160615smPensParade001.jpg

lol that poor parking garage.

gunrunner505
06-22-16, 01:02
Hawks were finally able to unload Bickell but damn, Teravainan was one hell of a sweetener to have add to the pot. That hurts. Shit. Hopefully this will allow us to sign Panarin to a long term deal and maybe keep Ladd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital_Damage
06-22-16, 07:49
Hawks were finally able to unload Bickell but damn, Teravainan was one hell of a sweetener to have add to the pot. That hurts. Shit. Hopefully this will allow us to sign Panarin to a long term deal and maybe keep Ladd.

Did not see that on the wire, trading Teravainen IMO was a bonehead move. Surprised anyone would take Bickell even with Teravainen.

Clearly going to hurt Chicago's growth in the future, looks like they are going to retool again and try to make a run and sacrifice their farm and succession plans. I don't think they can just repackage the same squad for another year and run deep. Would be better to rip the band aid off now while many of their players are at their peek value.

If Stamkos is resigned in Tampa (I don't think he will be unless they move Bishop), Drouin would be a nice target for them.

kest_01
06-22-16, 08:04
Rangers trade the rights to Yandle to get a draft pick, and conditional pick, curious to see if they try to deal or hang on to both Girardi and Staal M. Id assume that Staal E is definitely going to play with a different jersey.

Digital_Damage
06-22-16, 08:34
Rangers trade the rights to Yandle to get a draft pick, and conditional pick, curious to see if they try to deal or hang on to both Girardi and Staal M. Id assume that Staal E is definitely going to play with a different jersey.

Rangers need to hit the reset button and embrace some youth grab some picks. Oldest roster in the league.

The_War_Wagon
06-22-16, 11:29
lol that poor parking garage.

400,000 people showed up - had to stick 'em somewhere! :laugh:

Digital_Damage
06-22-16, 15:47
Las Vegas gets an expansion team in 2017-2018

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-expands-to-las-vegas/c-281010682

Expansion draft is going to destroy an already shallow talent pool.

VIP3R 237
06-22-16, 15:48

True, but as someone who lives 100 miles away from Vegas I am so freaking excited!!! Now we need the NFL to move the Raiders to Vegas and I can die a happy man.

THCDDM4
06-22-16, 16:11

Hockey in Vegas huh? Gonna be the shittiest ice to skate on...

At least Quebec got hosed.

gunrunner505
06-22-16, 18:11
Did not see that on the wire, trading Teravainen IMO was a bonehead move. Surprised anyone would take Bickell even with Teravainen.

Clearly going to hurt Chicago's growth in the future, looks like they are going to retool again and try to make a run and sacrifice their farm and succession plans. I don't think they can just repackage the same squad for another year and run deep. Would be better to rip the band aid off now while many of their players are at their peek value.

If Stamkos is resigned in Tampa (I don't think he will be unless they move Bishop), Drouin would be a nice target for them.

I don't like losing TT at all. It was quite the surprise. I know they wanted to dump Bickell pretty badly but they could have gotten another player that was not Teravainan to trade. The Hawks need to get some pieces to put into the core group to make another run. Bowman is pretty shrewd so there's likely stuff cooking that's not visible.

Digital_Damage
06-24-16, 14:13

signed 7 year deal with panthers.

Digital_Damage
06-24-16, 14:19
looks like if Lightning can't move Bishop, Stamkos will hit the market. He will be asking for 11 mill a year and want to play for a contender.

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 08:44
looks like Bishop price was too high, flames went with Elliott instead.

Brian Elliott to the Calgary Flames

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 08:45
twilight of his career

Pavel Datsyuk to Arizona.

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 08:45
dupe post

The_War_Wagon
06-25-16, 10:06

I'm afraid Lave Vegas will get Fleury, before we can TRADE him for something better! :eek:

gunrunner505
06-25-16, 10:09
Hawks trade a town favorite Shaw to the Habs for 2 draft picks. There's something brewing, has to be.

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 11:31
Hawks trade a town favorite Shaw to the Habs for 2 draft picks. There's something brewing, has to be.

I think they will keep the picks and try to replenish their depleted farm. Their Salary situation was unmaintainable in the future.

If they do try to work a trade it would be very expensive for them. Chicago has been dumping a lot of depth at forward, so it has to be a target.

I don't think the lightning are going to resign Stamkos, so Drouin is not trade bait.

rumors are
Evgeni Malkin even tho Pit is denying it.

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 12:48
Ya, Chicago kept all their picks.

Looks like they are moving into a rebuild period.

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 12:52
Detroit basically stating they will send a max contract offer to Stamko's.

Looks like another first round exit for them over the next 4-5 years. LULz

gunrunner505
06-25-16, 16:14
Ya, Chicago kept all their picks.

Looks like they are moving into a rebuild period.

They over spent on Toews and Kane. I know they are top guys but damn, that's a lot of scratch tied up in 2 guys.

They do have a lot of picks but how many rookies are too many? I can't see a boat load of rooks getting you to the cup and not all rookies are another Panarin.

I see some trades going on. I just can't see the Hawks burning 10 picks.

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 16:45
They over spent on Toews and Kane. I know they are top guys but damn, that's a lot of scratch tied up in 2 guys.

They do have a lot of picks but how many rookies are too many? I can't see a boat load of rooks getting you to the cup and not all rookies are another Panarin.

I see some trades going on. I just can't see the Hawks burning 10 picks.

I don't think their plan is to go to all in at the cup this season.

They are right where they need to be for the cap with who they have on roster. Even with the moves they made, they are 29th in cap space(about 6 million) and have to make decisions on Weise, Fleishmann, Mashinter, Ladd. Any high impact move would have to come with Kuger or Hjalmarsson being packaged.

I think they realized their door has closed and they have no one to bring up from the farm, they will hold onto the rookies in hopes they will fill needed spots post Kane and Toews.

Edit: I just looked up the contracts and they could not move Hjalmarsson even if they wanted to, his contract prevents it. So it looks like Hossa and Kuger are the only players they could move with high value.

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 16:51
ALSO WTF is New Jersey doing? they only have 15 people under contract and sill have 13 million to spend to hit the cap floor.

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 17:00
Top 10 salary cap hits.

Jonathan Toews $10,500,000
Patrick Kane $10,500,000
Anze Kopitar $10,000,000
Alex Ovechkin $9,538,462
Evgeni Malkin $9,500,000
P.K. Subban $9,000,000
Sidney Crosby $8,700,000
Corey Perry $8,625,000
Henrik Lundqvist $8,500,000
Claude Giroux $8,275,000

Digital_Damage
06-25-16, 18:46
Yzerman on Stamkos: "We're both very clear on our positions.", Looks like he is leaving Tampa. Yzerman is wise to let him go, rumor is Stamkos is demanding to be the highest paid player in the league. So much for "loving Tampa and wants to win a cup for them".

It looks like Sabres, Detroit and Toronto are willing to give it to him.

He has IMO been the best Forward/Center in the league over the last 5 seasons. Just shy of Ovechkin GPG and a far better +/-.

Digital_Damage
06-27-16, 13:22
The Lightning have issued qualifying offers to: Yanni Gourde, Kristers Gudlevskis, Alex Killorn, Nikita Kucherov, Tye McGinn, Vlad Namestnikov, and Nikita Nesterov.
Lightning are moving on from Stamkos.

Predators sign Forsberg to a six-year, $36 million contract. That is Solid value for them.

Islanders are going to get picked clean in FA.Kyle Okposo,Frans Nielsen and Matt Martin going to hit FA

Digital_Damage
06-29-16, 07:48
It could be a smoke screen, but rumor is Chicago appears to be staying put with their roster this upcoming season unless a cheap defenseman comes available.

They apparently have larger issues next season and are being careful, Artemi Panarin is due a contract next season and Chicago is hoping to resign him with the limited cap they will have available.

Digital_Damage
06-29-16, 15:27
Predators acquire P.K. Subban from Canadiens for Shea Weber

WOW.

Digital_Damage
06-29-16, 15:55
Steven Stamkos agrees to deal with Lightning, source says

Did not see that coming. eight-year contract worth $8.5 million per season.. That is a big home town discount if this is not a sign and trade thing.

Digital_Damage
07-01-16, 12:55
WTF! how is Tampa pulling these contracts off?

The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Victor Hedman to an eight-year contract extension worth $7.875-milion per season, vice president and general manager Steve Yzerman announced today.

7.8 million a season for a top 3 defenseman, Arguably the Best?

Digital_Damage
07-01-16, 13:18
Aaron Ekblad signs extension with Panthers: 7.5 million

Digital_Damage
07-01-16, 13:19
Islanders starting to fall apart

Frans Nielsen agrees to contract with Red Wings

Digital_Damage
07-01-16, 13:43
Andrei Vasilevskiy signed to extension ($3.5-million), Bishop is now trade bait.

Digital_Damage
07-13-16, 13:11
So now that the dust has settled who looks good on paper.

My favorites to win the cup

1. Tampa
2. Florida
3. Sharks
4. Nashville
5. Washington
6. Pittsburg
7. Montreal
8. Chicago
9. Dallas
10. Islanders

RazorBurn
07-13-16, 13:37
So now that the dust has settled who looks good on paper.

My favorites to win the cup

1. Tampa
2. Florida
3. Sharks
4. Nashville
5. Washington
6. Pittsburg
7. Montreal
8. Chicago
9. Dallas
10. Islanders

It is sure going to be an interesting season with some of the big changes some teams have made. Tampa and Florida look real tough so far.

Digital_Damage
07-13-16, 13:55
It is sure going to be an interesting season with some of the big changes some teams have made. Tampa and Florida look real tough so far.

Predators did get stronger as well, In reality I would say Sharks, Preds and Nashville all tied for #3.
Florida has a 3-4 year window.
Tampa has to make it happen this season, 2017-2018 is going to be brutal for them with the talent they have and cap.

RazorBurn
07-13-16, 14:03
I'm a P. K. Subban hater, so I would much rather have Weber, but that's just because I think Subban is a locker room destroying, look at me POS. :D

I'll be interested to see what Edmonton, Islanders, Devils, and Sabers do with their free agent pick ups. It's going to be an interesting upcoming season for sure.