PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Micro T-2 vs H-2?

MDX
06-22-16, 19:19
Thinking of buying my first Aimpoint and narrowed it down to T-2 or H-2. There doesn't seem to be much feedback on the H-2... everyone has the T-2.

I'm leaning more towards the H-2 because I have no plans for night-vision or submerging it in deep water. It's slightly cheaper and has a clear front cover. The white "Aimpoint" logo on the side doesn't bother me.

So, am I missing something or should I just buy the T-2 like everyone else? :cool:

P.S. Do you guys recommend absolute co-witness for a suppressed SBR? I have fold-down BUIS if that matters.

jethroUSMC
06-22-16, 20:47
NV is the key difference with the T series if you don't need it go H2

Co-witness style is a preference. I prefer lower 1/3 so I have no sights in my line of view for folding sights. On a FSB configured rifle only the FSB is in view not the rear, and only lower 1/3 so not obtrusive at all.

wigbones
06-22-16, 21:00
I agree, if you have no plans to use night vision save your money and get the H-2. As far as co-witness I run lower 1/3, but you wouldn't have an issue either way.

Uprange41
06-22-16, 22:49
H2 if you're not running NV. I believe it was TwangNBang who said that, according to Aimpoint, NV and the warranty associated with either optic is the only difference. And, of course, the logo.

I don't use NV, so I use H1's, and I have zero complaints.

And as mentioned, co-witness is preference. With flip-ups, absolute makes sense, but some prefer the way lower-1/3rd feels regardless of if they've got irons to clear. Just try them out.

Eurodriver
06-23-16, 04:25
Yeah why get an H2 over an H1 if you're trying to save $?

TF82
06-23-16, 23:21
A note on the logo, while it stands out more, it's not quite the stark white billboard I was expecting. It's more subtle then it appears in most product pictures I've seen on the web.

scooter22
06-24-16, 00:06
A note on the logo, while it stands out more, it's not quite the stark white billboard I was expecting. It's more subtle then it appears in most product pictures I've seen on the web.

You can always cover it with grip tape, or paint over it.

B52U
06-24-16, 10:31
According to specs, the T2 has higher waterproofness ratings if you plan on amphibious assaults and such.

Gharddog03
06-24-16, 13:51
According to specs, the T2 has higher waterproofness ratings if you plan on amphibious assaults and such.

That's awesome^

WillyB70
06-26-16, 22:18
Just depends on how much the "bank" allows! I've always gotten the T series as I play with NV, but if I didn't do or have NV the H series would make more sense.

samuse
06-27-16, 22:10

I don't do any underwater stuff, but being able to withstand more pressure is, to me, a good thing as it says the optic has tougher seals that may hold up to high humidity salt air better. Coastal South Texas is hard on everything. When I'm already spending as much on an optic as an Aimpoint Micro plus a mount, I'll spend more for the toughest one they make.

Uprange41
06-27-16, 23:35
I don't do any underwater stuff, but being able to withstand more pressure is, to me, a good thing as it says the optic has tougher seals that may hold up to high humidity salt air better. Coastal South Texas is hard on everything. When I'm already spending as much on an optic as an Aimpoint Micro plus a mount, I'll spend more for the toughest one they make.

The difference is apparently the warranty that supports use at those depths and at higher/lower temperatures, not the optic's actual construction.

Eurodriver
06-28-16, 06:52
Corrected

Uprange41
06-28-16, 09:23
Intended link;

https://youtu.be/S7aYT-VsxJU?t=492

MDX
06-30-16, 21:00
Based on pictures, it appears the T-2 does not have a clear front cap, whereas the H-2 does?

Seems like H-2 should be more popular since most of us don't play in water or use night vision.

Mrgunsngear
07-01-16, 08:25
Intended link;

https://youtu.be/S7aYT-VsxJU?t=492

Embed:

http://youtu.be/S7aYT-VsxJU

C4IGrant
07-01-16, 09:04
Based on pictures, it appears the T-2 does not have a clear front cap, whereas the H-2 does?

Seems like H-2 should be more popular since most of us don't play in water or use night vision.

The caps are all over the place. It varies from batch to batch based off of what Aimpoint has in stock when they build them.

We are running a sale on Micro's if interested: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?181618-Aimpoint-Micro-Sale-(T1-T2-H2)

C4