PDA

View Full Version : Family Plans to Destroy Stockpile of Inherited Guns and Ammo Worth Millions

djegators
06-23-16, 09:34
The family members are taking a firm stand in deciding that they want nothing to do with the weapons, or the millions of dollars they could earn from selling them, Brookman explained.

"They don't want them to contribute to the carnage," he said. "Especially in light of San Bernardino and Orlando, as ordinary citizens they feel like a stand should be taken."

He added: "The relatives are wanting to send a message not just to the nation at large, but also to our elected leaders."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/family-plans-destroy-million-worth-inherited-guns/story?id=40042251

Business_Casual
06-23-16, 09:47
It's called "virtue signaling" and is probably a mental disorder.

TMS951
06-23-16, 09:55
6.5 tons of ammo?

My new aspiration in life is to measure the amount of ammo I have not by number of rounds, but by how many tons I have.

#lifegoals

26 Inf
06-23-16, 10:00
Over 1,500 guns, worth millions of dollars.

Lets say 2,000 worth 2 million. That is 1,000 for every firearm. Look at the picture - I don't think so.

CoryCop25
06-23-16, 10:13
Wanna bet they didn't destroy that evil $250k in cash that may be used to buy guns or drugs......:rolleyes:

wildcard600
06-23-16, 10:36
Over 1,500 guns, worth millions of dollars.

Lets say 2,000 worth 2 million. That is 1,000 for every firearm. Look at the picture - I don't think so.

Yep, I remember this story from last year when the guy died. There were alot more pictures of the guns and 90% looked like $100 junky bolt actions. Still a sizable sum of money but nowhere near 2 million.

ABNAK
06-23-16, 10:46
Damn, too bad you can't take it with you huh?

Oh and fvck that family. Bunch of do-gooders from, wait for it.......KALIFORNIA!!! Go figure. Says enough right there.

Firefly
06-23-16, 11:07
If I had that much ammo. I'd be swimming in it like Scrooge McDuck.

If I ever have kids and it looks like they are squares, I'll donate my stash to someone worthy.

JC5188
06-23-16, 11:15
Meh...whatever lets em sleep at night.

If they think that will make a difference, then they paid a steep monetary price to find out later it won't.

That's a hoard. Not a collection,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donlapalma
06-23-16, 11:57
That family wants to send a message? OK fine. Plenty of Americans are sending a message as well. Since the weekend of the Orlando attack, the market price of Ruger (RGR) and Smith & Wesson (SWHC) shares are up 7.8% and 19.0%, respectively, as of the close of market yesterday. I'm sure you guys are seeing it locally as well, but there is no doubt that gun sales have skyrocketed since the Orlando attack.

It's their property so they can do whatever the hell they want with it. That's their freedom right? Well, I just happen to like my freedom too. Sounds so simple but yet it is so complicated for many to understand.

jpmuscle
06-23-16, 12:11
Why don't they self-euthanize instead out of protest?

SteyrAUG
06-23-16, 13:13
It's easy to take a stand when something is GIVEN to you. This is why you have a will.

Skyyr
06-23-16, 13:32
These turds aren't doing anything but wasting their own inheritance. Given their stupidity for believing that destroying pieces of WWII and Vietnam history will keep gangbangers from rolling hot, I support their efforts to destroy the gun collection. I'd rather see them wipe their assets out for the sake of making a pointless gesture than see them sell the firearms, get money, and then support anti-2a/firearm efforts with said money.

Arik
06-23-16, 13:34
Gangbangers rolling hot with 54 inch long Mosins and Mausers!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

GH41
06-23-16, 15:59
Considering the source, ABC, I doubt there is much truth to the story. On top of that their lawyer is stupid. His claims of the value will have tax implications based on the value of the inheritance. The tax man doesn't care if they destroy them or not. The tax hit will be the same. No different than if my rich uncle left me a Ferreri and I totaled it the first time I drove it.

SteyrAUG
06-23-16, 16:05
Gangbangers rolling hot with 54 inch long Mosins and Mausers!!

At least they will technically be correct when they say "Yo Homie...I need another clip."

Honu
06-23-16, 17:00
maybe the dead guy knew his family was nuts since it sounds like he was ?
and figured that way they would not get any of his money :)

agree on the post above bet they wont burn the cash !!!!
and bet they still try to make money off this somehow !

SteyrAUG
06-23-16, 17:12
Hopefully it's all cali compliant junk and c&r guns.

KalashniKEV
06-23-16, 17:17
On top of that their lawyer is stupid. His claims of the value will have tax implications based on the value of the inheritance. The tax man doesn't care if they destroy them or not. The tax hit will be the same.

That's what I came here to post.

Honu
06-23-16, 17:18
that could be funny on itself :)
make your family that is anti inherit under a few hundred thousand worth of crap and have it valued at 5 million :) hahahahaha

Considering the source, ABC, I doubt there is much truth to the story. On top of that their lawyer is stupid. His claims of the value will have tax implications based on the value of the inheritance. The tax man doesn't care if they destroy them or not. The tax hit will be the same. No different than if my rich uncle left me a Ferreri and I totaled it the first time I drove it.

Kain
06-23-16, 17:31
There is a special place in hell for people who destroy defenseless guns.

With that said, why can't I have crazy rich uncles who leave me stuff like that? I mean, even if it was C&R junk, I'd still enjoy it. Besides tons of ammo could be fun, would have to get my nephew and a few of his friends to help me more all that ammo to my storage room though.

And yes, the idiots should be asked if they were left money that was from their uncle selling all of his guns would they burn it? if no they should be punted in the balls by an NFL fieldgoal kicker for the hipocracy.

fallenromeo
06-23-16, 18:44

I love the fact that the estate tax they pay on these weapons to just be destroyed will seriously reduce the amount they actually see from the estate.

Eurodriver
06-23-16, 18:55
Did they say how much the estate was worth? 5 1/2 million is tax free and CA doesn't have a state estate tax.

That last part shocked the hell out of me

Benito
06-23-16, 19:14
Travesty. Don't want to contribute to the carnage, huh? Then stop voting for Democrats, importing Muslims, leaving victims disarmed, and scaring people into not reporting Islamic terrorist activity.

Eurodriver
06-23-16, 21:24
Travesty. Don't want to contribute to the carnage, huh? Then stop voting for Democrats, importing Muslims, leaving victims disarmed, and scaring people into not reporting Islamic terrorist activity.

My mom came over last night. She immediately asked "why does anyone need an assault rifle?"

I said "aside from the fact that it's a constitutional right and that freedom is dangerous and tyranny and allllll of that - it's because you people for some reason have a hard on for letting Muslim terrorists into the USA and not sending gang bangers to prison for long enough terms.

I don't need an assault rifle, I HAVE TO HAVE an assault rifle! "

I also educated her on the 94 ban and the features list and what it really did (nothing)

Doesn't matter though. She's gonna report back to all her late middle aged women friends who are gonna vote for Hillary No. Matter. What.

Firefly
06-23-16, 21:45
Not a diss on your mom, but I take it she was probably a city or town person for a good bit of her formative life.

Some people who grew up far removed from built up areas cannot imagine keeping "putting away" food on hand nor having some kind of a gun.

Moving to a town was a bit of a culture shock as a lad. And I don't really consider myself "country".

There are places in this country, to this day, that clearly say "No Police Jurisdiction" or "Police Jurisdiction" ends. Where the only law enforcement representative is a sheriff who may well be an hour away.

People think home invasion is a city issue, and it is, but there have been a lot of documented cases of people passing through who saw a house in the country that looked 'inviting'.

Hell the Thompson was marketed as a ranch and home defense weapon.

So, yes. There is a need. I shudder to think how many rural families suffered because of Roosevelt's NFA.

Endur
06-23-16, 22:07
I pity the fool.

I TELL YOU!

Ha

ramairthree
06-24-16, 00:35

Right on.

Moose-Knuckle
06-24-16, 04:12
Why don't they self-euthanize instead out of protest?

My thoughts precisely . . . go all in, reduce their carbon footprint, and lead by example! I bet they live on land that was once inhabited by Indians or Mexicans, they should give it back.

Endur
06-24-16, 04:33
My thoughts precisely . . . go all in, reduce their carbon footprint, and lead by example! I bet they live on land that was once inhabited by Indians or Mexicans, they should give it back.

They should give back my precious air too...damn mouth breathers.

Arik
06-24-16, 07:56
At least they will technically be correct when they say "Yo Homie...I need another clip."
And with some of them you could probably get away with a drive by bayoneting. 6ft long rifle, 2ft long bayonet!!!

Averageman
06-24-16, 08:37
Not a diss on your mom, but I take it she was probably a city or town person for a good bit of her formative life.

Some people who grew up far removed from built up areas cannot imagine keeping "putting away" food on hand nor having some kind of a gun.

Moving to a town was a bit of a culture shock as a lad. And I don't really consider myself "country".

There are places in this country, to this day, that clearly say "No Police Jurisdiction" or "Police Jurisdiction" ends. Where the only law enforcement representative is a sheriff who may well be an hour away.

People think home invasion is a city issue, and it is, but there have been a lot of documented cases of people passing through who saw a house in the country that looked 'inviting'.

Hell the Thompson was marketed as a ranch and home defense weapon.

So, yes. There is a need. I shudder to think how many rural families suffered because of Roosevelt's NFA.

My Mother married a small time Rancher/Country Doctor in the late 70's. They had a decent little place in rural South Eastern Arizona that even in the 70's was much like you described above.
It was a different time and place and occasionally my Step Father would hire a illegal or two for a season. To his surprise as the 70's turned in to the 80's thing began to change and he had to quit doing that. The guys working for him just weren't as honest as before and things started disappearing. His Office was broken in to several times and he finally armed the whole family and then closed up shop and sold out. They moved much further North where the problems weren't as bad.
After he passed my Mother moved back to the area, but still is pretty much armed to the teeth and never leaves home unless she is C.C.'ing.

fallenromeo
06-24-16, 12:38
Did they say how much the estate was worth? 5 1/2 million is tax free and CA doesn't have a state estate tax.

That last part shocked the hell out of me

They didn't say what the estate is worth, but if they are valuing just his gun collection at over a million, it is likely his estate will exceed the exemption limit of $5,430,000. The article says he is from Pacific Palisades, which is a very wealthy area. His home alone might be worth close to that, if not more. I am just speculating, but I think it is very likely his estate will be a taxable estate. So anything they destroy, the estate will have technically paid some taxes on, thus reducing what they get to keep from the other assets.