PDA

View Full Version : AXTS Raptor Freedom Bone CH

SteveL
06-24-16, 10:08
Has anyone here tried out the AXTS Raptor Freedom Bone charging handle? It appears to be a variant of the standard Raptor designed for use with suppressed rifles. It's priced at $110, so a $20 up charge over a standard Raptor. Their FB page says it diverts gas out through the ejection port and magwell. If anyone has tried it I'm very curious how well it works.

https://www.axtsweapons.com/product/axts-raptor-freedom-bone-ambidextrous-charging-handle/

https://www.axtsweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Brownells-Freedom-Bone-2.jpg

daniel87
06-24-16, 10:26
intresting, if it works I want it for my pistol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

jackblack73
06-24-16, 11:19
I find it interesting that they didn't build up the rear of the CH any more than the standard Raptor to block blowback.

thei3ug
06-24-16, 12:47
Someone explain how this works. I still don't get how vents between the charging handle and the top of the inside receiver channel will assist in venting.

nj0ywatch1np0rn
06-24-16, 13:21
Someone explain how this works. I still don't get how vents between the charging handle and the top of the inside receiver channel will assist in venting.

This was my thoughts as well.

The vents look like it would shoot upwards into the receiver and right back into the shooters face?

darwing31
06-24-16, 19:01
I really don't get how this is supposed to work either. I would love some feedback from someone with some first hand experience. Since this was designed for suppressor use in mind, I wonder why they didn't build up the back.

jethroUSMC
06-24-16, 19:07
I didn't feel like being the guinea pig at 104 street price mostly everywhere. I couldn't really see how it would be of benefit either, especially without a raised ridge on the rear end - I could be wrong, but wasn't willing to try at this point.

tumbler
09-25-16, 14:16
Did anyone ever try one of these? Curious to know how well it works, if at all?

ToeTagger6552
09-28-16, 15:35
I've read a couple reviews that were favorable. My cans still a little while out tho, so I'll wait and see how bad it is first.

drtywk
09-28-16, 16:56
I have one, but have not had a chance to get to the range to shoot it yet. I will report back once I can get to the range.

SteveL
10-05-16, 16:33
I have one, but have not had a chance to get to the range to shoot it yet. I will report back once I can get to the range.

Any update?

Slippers
10-05-16, 18:14
I am genuinely curious how the vents on this charging handle do anything. Which gas is it redirecting, and to where? Gas-to-face comes out around the charging handle, but originates from blowback down the barrel, not from the gas tube/carrier key.

mtdawg169
10-06-16, 09:15
I am genuinely curious how the vents on this charging handle do anything. Which gas is it redirecting, and to where? Gas-to-face comes out around the charging handle, but originates from blowback down the barrel, not from the gas tube/carrier key.
The few reports I've seen on them seemed to indicate that they don't do much, if anything at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk