PDA

View Full Version : Glock 43 aftermarket connector experiences wanted...

opngrnd
06-24-16, 20:46
Title says it all. I've picked up a G43, and so far I like it for why I bought it. It's intended to be an option for drawstring or running shorts or carried when nothing bigger is an option.

1-Most of my google searches so far seem to bring up reviews from people who either always buy the same brand or are not objective. What aftermarket connectors have you have tried and like/disliked, and why?

2-I know I already asked this question in a different thread, but what holsters have you tried that work well with drawstring shorts?

Thanks in advance.

wigbones
06-24-16, 21:43
Ghost edge connector. Installed them in my dad's 43 and also one for a friend after much research. Noticeably smoother trigger pull from what little dry fire I put it through, and they're both happy with the improvement.

jackblack73
06-24-16, 22:16
Apparently they now ship with a new connector. If you just picked it up, it may have it. I believe it's called the 33564. I just picked up a 43 on Wednesday and the trigger breaks right at 5 lbs.

saints75
06-24-16, 22:22
I have the Raven Morrigan. It works for me. It is the first Raven Holster I have Purchased. I have TTI plus 1 and plus 2 base plates. I like them. I am hoping to get some good sights on my G43 soon. You might want to look at JM Custom Kydex IWB Univercal with the Ulit-Clip. It looks like it will work well with drawstring. Hope this helps.

WillyB70
06-24-16, 22:34
Title says it all. I've picked up a G43, and so far I like it for why I bought it. It's intended to be an option for drawstring or running shorts or carried when nothing bigger is an option.

1-Most of my google searches so far seem to bring up reviews from people who either always buy the same brand or are not objective. What aftermarket connectors have you have tried and like/disliked, and why?

2-I know I already asked this question in a different thread, but what holsters have you tried that work well with drawstring shorts?

Thanks in advance.

I tried the Haley Strategic carry trigger and love it!

opngrnd
06-25-16, 07:12
I'm afraid my trigger breaks north of 8 pounds. An OEM connector hat breaks at 5 pounds would be awesome!

LibertyNeverDies
06-25-16, 07:18
I tried the Ghost Edge Connector. At the time I bought it it was the only aftermarket option. My stock trigger weighed a ton as I bought it in July and it was one of the first guns my shop got. The stock connector on mine has a light take-up with a definite wall and a heavy but crisp break. The reset is fairly short and you are right at that wall with no creep.

The Ghost significantly lightened up pull but also made the trigger spongy with a constant build up in weight and a heavier take-up. There is a wall but it's much harder to feel and the reset is quite long and there is a decent amount of take-up from the reset.

I ended up going back to the stock trigger as it suites my preferences more. I've got close the 1k through the gun and another 10k dry fire reps. So the trigger has had a chance to wear in. A factory connector that would bring me to 5 pounds would be nice.

If I were to do it over again I'd try the ghost G42&G43 Pro with the over travel stop. I've got the rocket connector in my Glock 19 and there is a noticeable difference with the over travel stop. It allows me to make hits on a 20x12 silhouette at 100 yards consistently when I concentrate.

Connectors are relatively cheap so it's worth trying them and seeing how the tolerance stack in your gun.

Eurodriver
06-25-16, 07:24
I concur with Libertys experience. I did not like the Ghost connector.

L-2
06-25-16, 08:59
Here are my measurements in my G43:
G43 Connector pull weights.
I just received and installed my #33564 G43 connector.
The pull weights I measured on my G43 are as follows:

#33564: 5 lbs. 2 oz.
#33215: 6 lbs. 15 oz.
Ghost “Edge”: 5 lbs. 5 oz.

The new 33564 connector can be ordered by a Glock Armorer. A G43 serial number must be provided and the new connector will be sent to that Armorer in ~10 days.
One alternative is to get the entire G43 to Glock in Smyrna but that would only be cost convenient if the person was in that area. I wouldn't overnight a G43 in for a $3.00 or free part.
Use a Ghost-brand connector until the 33564 becomes more readily available. GlockParts.com in anticipation of getting inventory lists the 33564 but it's currently on backorder at ~$10.

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1218007&CAT=705

HCM
06-25-16, 18:40
Here are my measurements in my G43:
G43 Connector pull weights.
I just received and installed my #33564 G43 connector.
The pull weights I measured on my G43 are as follows:

#33564: 5 lbs. 2 oz.
#33215: 6 lbs. 15 oz.
Ghost “Edge”: 5 lbs. 5 oz.

The new 33564 connector can be ordered by a Glock Armorer. A G43 serial number must be provided and the new connector will be sent to that Armorer in ~10 days.
One alternative is to get the entire G43 to Glock in Smyrna but that would only be cost convenient if the person was in that area. I wouldn't overnight a G43 in for a $3.00 or free part.
Use a Ghost-brand connector until the 33564 becomes more readily available. GlockParts.com in anticipation of getting inventory lists the 33564 but it's currently on backorder at ~$10.

http://glockparts.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1218007&CAT=705

I just got my 33564 connector - will install it tonight.

Any G43 made after February 2016 should have the new 33564 connector.

K1tt3n5
06-26-16, 00:48
Can any Glock armorers on here get me the new connector?

opngrnd
06-26-16, 14:02
Thanks to all for the info. 300ish rounds through it so far. I have a holster, mag carrier, Ghost connector, Vickers slide stop , and Vickers mag release inbound. I might pick up a Taran Tactical connector if I end up grabbing their mag extension. I'll probably order a set of 10-8 sights as well this week. I decided to shoot it from 25 yards last night, and while the grouping wasn't bad, it was hard to keep from having wandering groups due to the sights.

LibertyNeverDies
06-26-16, 19:42
Thanks to all for the info. 300ish rounds through it so far. I have a holster, mag carrier, Ghost connector, Vickers slide stop , and Vickers mag release inbound. I might pick up a Taran Tactical connector if I end up grabbing their mag extension. I'll probably order a set of 10-8 sights as well this week. I decided to shoot it from 25 yards last night, and while the grouping wasn't bad, it was hard to keep from having wandering groups due to the sights.

I've got the 10-8 42/43 sights on mine and a word of warning. The .156 rear matched with their .125 FO front is a very shallow sight picture. If that's your preference then get them. I'm used to shooting Warren FO, Dawson FO and Trijicon HD sights so I like a deeper notch on the rear. I have shot 10-8 rears on full sized glocks and I liked them. The 42/43 sights seem proportional to the gun in every way except notch width. I'll probably replace mine with the Wilson Combat/Vickers sights.

jandbj
06-26-16, 20:30
I used a set of plain black Heinie sights from a G19 on my 43. They're just a hair wider than the bevel on the slide, but not wider than the slide itself. Haven't had an issue with snagging and they are the exact sight picture I am used to on my other glocks.

opngrnd
06-26-16, 21:05
I've got the 10-8 42/43 sights on mine and a word of warning. The .156 rear matched with their .125 FO front is a very shallow sight picture. If that's your preference then get them. I'm used to shooting Warren FO, Dawson FO and Trijicon HD sights so I like a deeper notch on the rear. I have shot 10-8 rears on full sized glocks and I liked them. The 42/43 sights seem proportional to the gun in every way except notch width. I'll probably replace mine with the Wilson Combat/Vickers sights.

Thanks for this. Looking at the pictures, it does seem like the WC/Vickers sights are better suited to my usual sight picture.

I used a set of plain black Heinie sights from a G19 on my 43. They're just a hair wider than the bevel on the slide, but not wider than the slide itself. Haven't had an issue with snagging and they are the exact sight picture I am used to on my other glocks.

Thanks for this info as well, I actually do have a spare .215" front, and I'm about to have a spare 10-8 rear sight. I guess it's worth the experiment. Just so I understand, you are using a standard set of Glock 19 sights on the Glock 43 and not having POA/POI issues?

jandbj
06-26-16, 21:08
No issues at 15 yards with my set of blk on blk Heinies. That said, they were in the parts box for a while and I don't recall if I filed the front to height on an earlier gun. Before you start moving sights take some careful measurements with a caliper or micrometer. Widths and heights to get where you want to be. The Brownells sight height calculator formula may help as well.

opngrnd
06-29-16, 13:57
I added the ghost connector. Average of 10 pulls is 6 pounds 10 ounces. Much better than stock.

Flankenstein
06-29-16, 14:45
Stock (first release) connector is fine to me.

ST911
08-08-16, 22:54
Photos of the new OEM G43 connector marking (33564) and the difference in angles (new atop old), posted for reference. The difference is noticeable.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Skintop911/G43/g43newconnector2.jpg

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Skintop911/G43/g43newconnector1.jpg

Street Survival
11-09-16, 18:13
It's called the DOT Connector.

El Pistolero
11-09-16, 20:16
I'm using the Ghost Edge connector in my Glock 42. The stock trigger broke around 9 lbs. but now feels like a proper 5 lb. Glock trigger except much smoother with the Ghost Edge connector. I'm very happy with the improvement and my group sizes shrunk in half. The factory trigger was so bad I literally could not keep the sights aligned while pressing the trigger, it was like a staple gun.

mark5pt56
11-10-16, 06:51
I'm using the Ghost Edge connector in my Glock 42. The stock trigger broke around 9 lbs. but now feels like a proper 5 lb. Glock trigger except much smoother with the Ghost Edge connector. I'm very happy with the improvement and my group sizes shrunk in half. The factory trigger was so bad I literally could not keep the sights aligned while pressing the trigger, it was like a staple gun.

I like the staple gun analogy, I need to change the connector on mine.

opngrnd
11-12-16, 22:02
I just tried another G43 with the newer factory connector. Much nicer than the Ghost connector in my G43. This is despite light dry firing and several hundred rounds through mine vs the other G43 only having a few dozen rounds through it and being brand new. I'll be switching when I can.