PDA

View Full Version : New EL Beretta 92 coming out

ramairthree
06-25-16, 00:40
Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
Wow, this has become a whole big deal and I don't even know if I have time to read all of the post.

Let me start by saying my goal with this project is to build what I think is the best all around 92 without it costing an arm and a leg. I want it to be a great gun for competition as well as possibly a duty gun for fans of Beretta 92s.

So here is the plan:

M9A1 frame, all the same with checkering and mag well bevel.
With a cut or rounding under the trigger guard by the mag button area.
No lanyard loop, flush like a Vertec or Elite.
Big mag button like the Wilson Gun
VZ Grips like pictured at the beginning of the thread
Vertec Slide, with front Cocking Serrations like the Elite guns (back of slide is supposed to have a radius on the bottom sharp corners)
New style G Lever (I know some don't like it, but it is a better part and lets people convert back to an F if they want)
Wilson Rear Sight
Dawson Fiber Optic Front sight
Solid Guide Rod
Stainless Elite II style barrel, just like the Wilson Gun but not finished in black
Steel trigger
D model hammer spring
Elite II hammer

That pretty much it and I think it will likely be my favorite Beretta 92 of all time.

Thanks for the support guys!

Ok, I have literally asked WTF they have not literally got with him and literally made this model,
Like for real,
Not figuratively since at least September 2015.
On multiple posts on more than one forum.
I called it the tactical elite.

The non railed EII frame one I said they get with Stoeger and call it the competition elite.

Probably earlier.

And I bet I don't get a free one for a consulting fee.

ShipWreck
06-25-16, 13:53
Yes, there is a lot of talk online about this gun. I have the M9A3 and a Wilson Brig. I couldn't make myself like the Wilson rear sight. Maybe if it was squared off in the channel - I didn't like the curve. I ended up getting a normal trijicon 2dot tritium sight to replace it.

I gotta say, while this gun sounds interesting - I'd rather get a 2nd M9A3 over it. The M9A3 is actually my fav handgun I own out of everything

1911-A1
06-25-16, 15:06
Why no frame mounted safety for C&L carry?

I'd be into Berettas in a heartbeat if they offered one that wasn't a special edition one-off.

teutonicpolymer
06-25-16, 22:01
Better yet, why not a steel frame?

Does anyone know when these should be for sale? All I saw mentioned was "late this year"

ramairthree
06-25-16, 23:45
If you want to carry a cocked and locked SA carry a 1911.

As much as I love a frame mounted safety on a 1911,
I do not like them as much when in beretta or Taurus form.
It is not like they have a 1911 safety

QuickStrike
06-26-16, 09:16
I'd rather get a 2nd M9A3 over it. The M9A3 is actually my fav handgun I own out of everything

Sounds good. I'll be waiting for a M9A3-G myself. Beretta quality and with a frame that fits my tiny hands.

ShipWreck
06-26-16, 09:45
Sounds good. I'll be waiting for a M9A3-G myself. Beretta quality and with a frame that fits my tiny hands.

Yes, I eventually want to get a 2nd one

1911-A1
06-27-16, 13:33
If you want to carry a cocked and locked SA carry a 1911.

As much as I love a frame mounted safety on a 1911,
I do not like them as much when in beretta or Taurus form.
It is not like they have a 1911 safety

Maybe I don't want to carry a 1911. Maybe I want more capacity and a 9mm? They already MADE Berettas with them, so it's not like it's a particular stretch of engineering prowess.

MountainRaven
06-27-16, 15:16
Maybe I don't want to carry a 1911. Maybe I want more capacity and a 9mm? They already MADE Berettas with them, so it's not like it's a particular stretch of engineering prowess.

There's always the Browning Hi-Power, SiG P226 SAOs, CZ 75s (and the P07/09), USPs, and P30S's.

ramairthree
06-27-16, 18:38

My point was i really like the frame mounted safety on a 1911.

But the style of frame mounted safeties on the Berettas and Taurus when you try them you may find quite lacking in comparison.

opmike
06-27-16, 19:50
All these special editions and variations just to get the Beretta 92 to the gun it should have been for the past 20 some odd years.

Any chance we'll be able to buy one of these for less than a thousand dollars?

Would have been nice to see something done about the dearth of viable 92 Compacts.

Falar
06-29-16, 12:50
I've never found the slide mounted safety's location to be an issue and would definitely prefer it to the older guns that had the frame mounted safety.

A cocked and locked option with the same location of the current safety would definitely intrigue me though.

lawusmc0844
06-29-16, 22:54
I'd be more excited with a Beretta with a frame mounted safety/decocker. The slide mounted BS is the main reason I haven't bought my own M9/92FS.

Magsz
07-02-16, 17:03
I really dont know why anyone has an issue with the slide mounted safety. An over hand rack can enable it but there are many alternative methods to the power stroke to chamber a round.

I dont get it.

Im also with you OPmike, I have no idea why Beretta has zero desire to actually update their product and improve it. Oh, right, the military is buying a bazillion of these things so lets just sit pretty and feast on our gubment cheese...

Turnkey11
07-30-16, 09:01
I want a semi auto 93R.

Hot Sauce
07-30-16, 15:58
I really dont know why anyone has an issue with the slide mounted safety. An over hand rack can enable it but there are many alternative methods to the power stroke to chamber a round.

I dont get it.

It's hard for some to decock with one hand, especially small handed critters.

ramairthree
07-31-16, 10:30
All these special editions and variations just to get the Beretta 92 to the gun it should have been for the past 20 some odd years.

Any chance we'll be able to buy one of these for less than a thousand dollars?

Would have been nice to see something done about the dearth of viable 92 Compacts.

And here we have the root of the issue with Beretta.

In the decades Beretta has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory,
While offering failed model after failed model,
And little runs of expensive collector guns,

CZ has made them basically a non entity in competition while making reasonably priced models and options with features Beretta has never offered or only offered in limited high priced pieces.

Want a night sight suppressor height with threaded barrel gun,
Spend over a thousand on an M9A3 with crappy sights and spotty production, or choose a CZ either railed or in railed for a little over half the price.
Steel frame? CZ.
Polymer framed version, CZ.
SA, CZ.
Cocked and locked action or decocker, CZ.
Compact, CZ is a little more compact.
Subcompact? No 92 version, get a CZ RAMI.
Out of the box production or SSP gun, CZ.

If you want a confusing array of features, unchangabke sights,
trigger guard shapes, different rails, etc. not offered a single version the buyer wants,
Go Beretta.

Want a PCC or AR mag rifle with sub optimal ergs and features that will have little factory support, no aftermarket, expensive parts when available, and end up being discontinued, go Beretta.

Hell, they are on what, like their third version of a tactical SA shotgun in like a decade.

teutonicpolymer
07-31-16, 16:18
And here we have the root of the issue with Beretta.

In the decades Beretta has managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory,
While offering failed model after failed model,
And little runs of expensive collector guns,

CZ has made them basically a non entity in competition while making reasonably priced models and options with features Beretta has never offered or only offered in limited high priced pieces.

Want a night sight suppressor height with threaded barrel gun,
Spend over a thousand on an M9A3 with crappy sights and spotty production, or choose a CZ either railed or in railed for a little over half the price.
Steel frame? CZ.
Polymer framed version, CZ.
SA, CZ.
Cocked and locked action or decocker, CZ.
Compact, CZ is a little more compact.
Subcompact? No 92 version, get a CZ RAMI.
Out of the box production or SSP gun, CZ.

If you want a confusing array of features, unchangabke sights,
trigger guard shapes, different rails, etc. not offered a single version the buyer wants,
Go Beretta.

Want a PCC or AR mag rifle with sub optimal ergs and features that will have little factory support, no aftermarket, expensive parts when available, and end up being discontinued, go Beretta.

Hell, they are on what, like their third version of a tactical SA shotgun in like a decade.

Alright Beretta might not make the versions of the guns it should but to say that Beretta quality is questionable and champion CZ is just hilarious

I have seen multiple CZ's in stores that had canted hammers. How the hell does that even make it out of the factory? CZ quality is not that great otherwise people wouldn't drop so much money on CGW/CZcustom parts. The design is also inherently prone to failure with the slide stop and the trigger return spring. The CZ control locations are pretty bad on top of that. The grip size is also pretty damn small even with the adjustable back strap models.

The CZ rami is subcompact but still not that small and Beretta DOES have the nano. The 92 compact is large but the px4 compact is more reasonable.

For $1200 you can get either a shadow custom or a brig tac, both are arguably good guns but the Beretta is probably better quality, less prone to breaking parts, and isn't as heavy... The Beretta also likely works better for people with large hands.

ramairthree
07-31-16, 19:42
I have about three dozen Berettas.
I am not commenting on the quality of your typical 92.
I am commenting on their lack of focus on their flagship.

Any other major manufacturer, you can get a full sized threaded barrel version with suppressor height night sights,
An out of the box game gun, a service pistol, a compact version, and a sub compact version. Sharing mag family compatibility.
In DA/SA metal guns,
I was using CZ, a relative newcomer to the market as an example.

With Beretta you have a non updated flag ship.
A failed 90 two update.
No available commander/centurion version. ( which is virtually no difference from the full sized)
No or limited availability compact guns, with a side / barrel from the centurion. Not even really compact guns.
No sub compact upper version.
Changeable front sight guns not available in G configuration.
G configuration guns only with the fixed front sight.
A nice railed M9A1 update, but with a fixed front sight and no G configuration.

A sub compact polymer framed hammer fired gun,
That was a market and function failure.

A rotating barrel non 92 mag compatible fun that gave you a compact and sub compact model, so service pistol length model, and failed with only Turkey clones now back on the market.

A polymer framed hammer fired rotating barrel line without 92 mag compatibility.
That failed to remain in service due to issues with initial departments with the full sized version. That had a recall due to function issues with the compact version when it was brought out. And whose sub compact version is huge, and not even the same operating system.

Do I need to go into the Nanos reliability history reputation, that it's not the same line, etc?

If I want a compact gun for CC,
I can walk into any gun store and walk out with a Glock, M&P, XD, CZ, etc.

When I decide I want a sub compact version I can go get one from the same line magazine family.

When I decide I want a full sized version for home defense, ditto.

When I decide I want to try SSP or production I can use my HD gun, or get an off the shelf game version.

Then I can decide to get the same gun out of the box with a threaded barrel, suppressor height night sights, etc.

With beretta I can't even get an off the shelf game gun, full sized gun in G configuration with changeable front sight, etc.

The ARX was brought to market with QC issues, and basic stuff like sling attachments from the 1950s and cheek weld a foot below LoS.

Beretta has lost a decade or more of inroads in the hugely expanded CC market and increased gun game market.
CZ was on it.

CZs issues tend to be due to keep up production with demand and keep up QC as demand has grown.

Berettas issues tend to be putting out lines with function and reliability issues that nobody wanted and ignoring their flagship as it fades into irrelevance.

How the living monkey Fvck did that even go down.
Ok, or 90 two update had a stupid name, fashion designer contracted looks, slick grips, and was a failure.

I would like to make a sub compact, 92 mag compatible CC gun, with a different manual of arms, a polymer frame, crappy grip material, and make it wider than a 92 and have reliability issues. Oh, it failed.

Well, remember that rotating barrel gun that did not take 92 mags and failed?
I want to combine the rotating barrel, non 92 mag compatibility, of that, take the slick grips of and designer fashion company looks of the failed 90 two, which is the same company we did the fashion looks of the 9000 with, that also had grip issues, and combine in that polymer framed hammer fired concept, so we basically incorporate features of the failed 90 two update with the failed cougar line and the failed 9000 line,
And make a new line of pistols.

When introduced,
They will have issues that immediately make any department that fielded them get rid of them,
And have a recall on them.

When they have failed to develop any serious following or adoption after a decade,
We will double down on our commitment to the line.

Any questions?

No,
No,
We will not do something crazy like offer a g configuration 92 with changeable sights.
No,
We will not make an upper for the 92 compact frame that is shorter.
No,
We will not develop a polymer lower for the 92 upper than can have a smaller trigger guard and offset mag release. That would allow an actual subcompact frame fro 92s.
Oh yes. We will sell the M9A3.
No,
Off course it will not be seen in G configuration. And I don't care if every other company makes a comparable gun for less money with more features, it does not need suppressor height or night sights. And why on earth would we make the barrels a touch longer to allow many popular suppressors to be used without a special adapter they may or may not make.

Quit asking all these stupid questions.
Focus on what's important,
We have to be ready to keep up with demand on these Nanos and PX4s.

greyman556
08-02-16, 19:59
I would like Black M9A3-G. Easy win-win for Beretta and consumer.

SW CQB 45
08-02-16, 22:07

With the option of a plain non threaded barrel!

Yes!

ejr490
08-04-16, 20:42
I want a semi auto 93R.

Yeah that!

Although the 92 you are proposing does sound nice, I had a elite with the straight grip frame forgot what they are called and it was a really nice shooter. I sold if off and went back to a 226 which is my favorite. I like safeties of handguns (1911) but I have not issue with the DA/SA trigger either, but it does sound like a cool gun.

Ed

100cop
08-04-16, 21:21
not expect much from it

crusader377
08-09-16, 13:33

Or a Beretta M9A1 Centurion with G option (full size frame/compact slide) with dovetail sights.