PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Miculek Series Model 625 raffle via SEAL Museum

WillBrink
06-27-16, 09:11
There's a Jerry Miculek Smith & Wesson Champion Series Model 625 raffle via the museum currently. I saw it yesterday in the display case. If interested, go HERE (https://www.navysealmuseum.org/smith-wesson-jerry-miculek-champion-series-model-625-jm-bucklehead-belt-buckle-knife-raffle) for more details etc.

Below is Jerry setting a world record one has to see to believe. There's trick shooters, speed shooters, long range shooters, pistol shooters, etc, etc all of whom may specialize in that particular skill. Jerry on the other hand can do all of them and is multi three gun champion to boot. Some consider him the best overall shooter alive, perhaps ever. He's in a league of his own. And, he's a hell of a nice guy and old school as they get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLk1v5bSFPw

https://www.navysealmuseum.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Smith-Wesson-raffle.png

austinN4
06-27-16, 09:26
Some consider him the best overall shooter alive.

Maybe even ever! That 625 sure is a beauty.

WillBrink
06-27-16, 09:33
Maybe even ever!

Added! ;)

That 625 sure is a beauty.

Then hit that raffle dude. The museum is 100% donation and receives zero federal $$.

Big A
06-27-16, 09:40
That thing is begging for wood grips.

WillBrink
06-27-16, 09:48
That thing is begging for wood grips.

Jerry designed his own wood grips that are sold. Why that one does not, I can't say.

MountainRaven
06-27-16, 12:18
Is the trigger jeweled?

Big A
06-27-16, 12:40
Jerry designed his own wood grips that are sold. Why that one does not, I can't say.

Yeah, kinda baffling.

Is the trigger jeweled?

It sure looks that way to me.

WillBrink
06-27-16, 12:55
Is the trigger jeweled?

Above my pay grade sir. Take a look at specs on the link perhaps.

Yeah, kinda baffling.

Maybe a cost thing, but it's odd not to have his signature grips on a gun with his name on it. I got 3 tickets and will be happy to buy the grips separate if I were to win it.

MountainRaven
06-27-16, 13:46
It sure looks that way to me.

Above my pay grade sir. Take a look at specs on the link perhaps.

Maybe a cost thing, but it's odd not to have his signature grips on a gun with his name on it. I got 3 tickets and will be happy to buy the grips separate if I were to win it.

The revolver pictured doesn't match the description for the revolver they say they're raffling.

For instance, it lists a specific S&W part number, which is the standard 625JM. The description is lifted directly from that on S&W's website (except for the grip - the raffle lists the grips as being rubber, S&W lists them as being JM-branded wood). Perhaps the most obvious deviation is that the revolver pictured has a fiber optic front sight, while both S&W's and the raffle's description lists it as having a gold bead front sight. But the description also lists the trigger the same way (I don't think S&W's current MIM triggers can be jeweled, but I could be wrong) and the hammer (which is understandable, but I'd think they'd make a mention in the raffle description of the bobbed hammer).

The bobbed hammer (with the spur removed) is a nice touch, something that all the guns Jerry seems to run have, but none of the S&W-manufactured guns have (and I wish they would).

But the jeweled trigger - which isn't mentioned in either description (and isn't pictured on S&W's website) - seems like a curious aesthetic choice to me.

I get the feeling that the revolver was bought by somebody who had it slicked up, doesn't use it any more (maybe put the wood stocks on another gun, gave them away, or threw them out - or maybe they don't even have the original box anymore and the original box, wherever it is, has the JM grips in it), and has decided to take a tax deduction by donating it to the museum for their raffle rather than taking a loss and going through the hassle of selling it.

WillBrink
06-27-16, 15:44
The revolver pictured doesn't match the description for the revolver they say they're raffling.

For instance, it lists a specific S&W part number, which is the standard 625JM. The description is lifted directly from that on S&W's website (except for the grip - the raffle lists the grips as being rubber, S&W lists them as being JM-branded wood). Perhaps the most obvious deviation is that the revolver pictured has a fiber optic front sight, while both S&W's and the raffle's description lists it as having a gold bead front sight. But the description also lists the trigger the same way (I don't think S&W's current MIM triggers can be jeweled, but I could be wrong) and the hammer (which is understandable, but I'd think they'd make a mention in the raffle description of the bobbed hammer).

The bobbed hammer (with the spur removed) is a nice touch, something that all the guns Jerry seems to run have, but none of the S&W-manufactured guns have (and I wish they would).

But the jeweled trigger - which isn't mentioned in either description (and isn't pictured on S&W's website) - seems like a curious aesthetic choice to me.

I get the feeling that the revolver was bought by somebody who had it slicked up, doesn't use it any more (maybe put the wood stocks on another gun, gave them away, or threw them out - or maybe they don't even have the original box anymore and the original box, wherever it is, has the JM grips in it), and has decided to take a tax deduction by donating it to the museum for their raffle rather than taking a loss and going through the hassle of selling it.

I believe it's a direct donation by S&W, but I will take a closer look. You might want to pass along your detailed break down on how the gun diverges from the write up. I's guess someone printed out spec sheet on the gun as it comes in a config, vs doing a write up of that specific gun. Perhaps something one of from the Performance Shop. They often build some one of guns that end up being donated, raffled, or sold. I had a one of 1911 at one time that no SKU existed for. Probably shoulda kept that one....

I can see on inspection as you point out, says "Exposed Hammer" when it's bobbed and "Gold Bead Patridge Front Sight on an Interchangeable Base" when the pic shows FO.

SeriousStudent
06-27-16, 20:28
Ticket purchased. Thanks for the heads-up, Will.

WillBrink
06-27-16, 20:40
Ticket purchased. Thanks for the heads-up, Will.

Hope you win!