PDA

View Full Version : Beretta M9A3

Slater
06-27-16, 13:18
I see that these (Tennessee-manufactured ones) are starting to trickle onto dealers shelves. Bud's had a few at $998 but they sold quickly.

From what I've seen so far, the M9A3 gets my vote for the market's hottest selling pistol, and it's far from the cheapest one, too. One's on my wish list, and I hope they still come in that cool packaging by the time I can afford one :D

Does anyone see the price coming down over time, or will popularity keep prices up?

Flankenstein
06-27-16, 14:18
Hottest selling pistol? Yea... No.

As to future pricing and availability....? Who knows.

m4brian
06-27-16, 18:21
So Beretta finally makes a gun with features that should come on all of them - really. And its $900+. Nope.

Don't get me wrong - its VERY cool. I handled one, and the trigger, grip, etc. are very nice. But not an extra $450 - nope. My SP 2022 FDE does all that and is much lighter, small enough to conceal, and half the price.

Slater
06-27-16, 21:09
Must be a lot of Beretta fans out there...

ExplorinInTheWoods
06-27-16, 21:48
I've shot M9's and I really hope the army realizes they should rock glock. Group uses a lot of glock 19's, you'll still see some teams running m9's or even 1911's but a lot run 19's. NSW just switched to 19's and MARSOC just authorized 19's after they bought all those 45's from colt.

ramairthree
06-27-16, 21:54
It kind of irks me some.

At that price and at that niche I felt:
The barrel need just a topic longer to run a few common cans without needing a special beretta 1/2x28 attachment instead of a regular one
It should have suppressor height night sights
They could at least have drilled and threaded that small hole from the factory for putting a RDS mount.

Edit
I don't want to spend a grand on a gun,
Then have to get a special adapter for my can if the company even makes a beretta one
Have to find sights for it
And then if I decided to put a fast fire or something on it have to pay a smith for the forward hole

Sensei
06-28-16, 16:20
So Beretta finally makes a gun with features that should come on all of them - really. And its $900+. Nope.

Don't get me wrong - its VERY cool. I handled one, and the trigger, grip, etc. are very nice. But not an extra $450 - nope. My SP 2022 FDE does all that and is much lighter, small enough to conceal, and half the price.

At $950-1100, it is comparable to other all metal offerings from the competition such as Sig. Hell, it's even competitive with the H&K P30 with a threaded barrel and NS.

Pappabear
06-28-16, 19:09
At $950-1100, it is comparable to other all metal offerings from the competition such as Sig. Hell, it's even competitive with the H&K P30 with a threaded barrel and NS.
Yep, and plenty of people love the platform and they will sell like crazy. Like them or not, many folks do.

m4brian
06-28-16, 20:55
I guess beretta has found success. Offer several models with a fat grip, seriously flawed safety, and various limited sight options, and build a frothing desire for a thousand dollar gun. LOL. Yes, it is competitive with the Legion, sorta.

Sensei
06-29-16, 11:34
It kind of irks me some.

At that price and at that niche I felt:
The barrel need just a topic longer to run a few common cans without needing a special beretta 1/2x28 attachment instead of a regular one
It should have suppressor height night sights
They could at least have drilled and threaded that small hole from the factory for putting a RDS mount.

Edit
I don't want to spend a grand on a gun,
Then have to get a special adapter for my can if the company even makes a beretta one
Have to find sights for it
And then if I decided to put a fast fire or something on it have to pay a smith for the forward hole

Could you please elaborate on this? Are you saying that the threads are not long enough for the suppressors to index on the barrel shoulder? I ask because I'm think of getting one once the G-configuration is available, but not if it requires some adaptor.

ramairthree
06-29-16, 11:45
Although on overall good suppressor host, some cans require the "Beretta Long" mount or thread insert so you clear your guide rod, etc.

Instead of the standard 1/2x28 length.

I would look at which can, etc.
For example, my can does need the long one.
And the company does make it.

While another can I looked at they did not.

call_me_ski
06-30-16, 00:01
I guess beretta has found success. Offer several models with a fat grip, seriously flawed safety, and various limited sight options, and build a frothing desire for a thousand dollar gun. LOL. Yes, it is competitive with the Legion, sorta.

There is no way the m9a3 can compete with the legion.... it doesn't include a challenge coin....

Given the choice between an M9A3 and legion I would grab the Beretta. I think it is a better gun when configured in the g model.

Kchen986
06-30-16, 01:33
Could you please elaborate on this? Are you saying that the threads are not long enough for the suppressors to index on the barrel shoulder? I ask because I'm think of getting one once the G-configuration is available, but not if it requires some adaptor.

Running a silencerco Osprey. You need a special Beretta adapter since the stock 1/2x28 adapter isn't long enough. I believe it's the 1/2x28 XL.

ramairthree
06-30-16, 02:39

It depends on what suppressor you want to use.
Some the guide rod will hit.

Pick what suppressor you like, then search. Some are not an issue, others are.

If the can you like is an issue,
The company may or may not offer a longer piston for it.

For example,
I am doing an octane 45,
I need a longer piston,
They make it,
I am good to go.

I cannot remember what other ones were an issue and they do not have a longer piston.

Sensei
06-30-16, 03:51
It depends on what suppressor you want to use.
Some the guide rod will hit.

Pick what suppressor you like, then search. Some are not an issue, others are.

If the can you like is an issue,
The company may or may not offer a longer piston for it.

For example,
I am doing an octane 45,
I need a longer piston,
They make it,
I am good to go.

I cannot remember what other ones were an issue and they do not have a longer piston.

Thank you. I'm also running an Octane45 and an Obsidian45 that I pick-up next week. So, it appears that I'll need another piston if I decide to get a M9A3.

m4brian
06-30-16, 07:05
There is no way the m9a3 can compete with the legion.... it doesn't include a challenge coin....

Given the choice between an M9A3 and legion I would grab the Beretta. I think it is a better gun when configured in the g model.

Understand. But the Legion is quite the deal considering all the upgrades given the MSRP starting point on the standard SIG. If the M9A3 did likewise it would come in at $750. Just sayin. I would assume that Beretta offered the M9A3 at about the same cost to big Army to get a jump on the replacement. And they Army likely would have been smart to take it. I DO think the Vertec grip and G changes the game for the M9. But this should have been done anyway.

teutonicpolymer
06-30-16, 16:49
Understand. But the Legion is quite the deal considering all the upgrades given the MSRP starting point on the standard SIG. If the M9A3 did likewise it would come in at $750. Just sayin. I would assume that Beretta offered the M9A3 at about the same cost to big Army to get a jump on the replacement. And they Army likely would have been smart to take it. I DO think the Vertec grip and G changes the game for the M9. But this should have been done anyway.

I think the legion is more comparable to the brig tac

Legion wins:
-front cocking serrations
-trigger reset
-warranty (which it seems you may need)

I think that is about it. I would include price but the legion sights suck ass and I would change them, and the mag release is also a little on the small side so I'd go with another one.

Coal Dragger
06-30-16, 20:41
In relation to your thread about the Legion vs Brig Tac, I handled the guns again on the same day at a different dealer. This dealer had a Brig Tac with the full Wilson Combat action tune/trigger job, and with those upgrades the Brig Tac is spectacular. I'd imagine the Legion with an actual trigger tune by Bruce Gray would be closer apples to apples, but the Brig Tac with some Wilson magic is just that: magic. I'm scheming on how to convince the wife that I NEED that Brig Tac. I mean I have to give it a home, plus this guy actually has a Blade Tech holster for the Brig Tac in stock, I could have the whole pistol outfitted and ready to go in one stop shop!

The reset on the tuned Brig Tac is longer in SA but the over all trigger is better, just as crisp as the Legion but lighter. There is no comparing the DA, even the standard Brig Tac was better but with some additional attention it's so much better than the Legion that it is not even a fair comparison.

The addition of front cocking serrations on the Brig Tac would be nice but the Beretta slide does taper towards the muzzle, I guess you could still perform a press check on the tapered portion but your fingers would be awfully close to the business end.

The sights on the Legion, while a neat idea, in practice for me are nothing special. The shop allowed me to take the Legion outside to see what the front sight did in direct sunlight, I had hoped it would get really bright like a fiber optic but that is not the case. A set of Trijicon HD's would be a far superior arrangement. The sights on the Brig Tac actually pick up better for me, although after shooting a set of Trijicon HD's on a PPS M2 I'd be tempted to change out the Brig Tac sights as well if the stock sights didn't shoot POA=POI.

Hammer27
06-30-16, 21:17
The addition of front cocking serrations on the Brig Tac would be nice but the Beretta slide does taper towards the muzzle, I guess you could still perform a press check on the tapered portion but your fingers would be awfully close to the business end.

We've been doing chamber checks on M9s for years by just pivoting the shooting hand, wrapping the trigger finger over the slide, and pulling back to see (making an "OK" with your hand). Doesn't need any serrations and works on every gun.

teutonicpolymer
06-30-16, 21:18
In relation to your thread about the Legion vs Brig Tac, I handled the guns again on the same day at a different dealer. This dealer had a Brig Tac with the full Wilson Combat action tune/trigger job, and with those upgrades the Brig Tac is spectacular. I'd imagine the Legion with an actual trigger tune by Bruce Gray would be closer apples to apples, but the Brig Tac with some Wilson magic is just that: magic. I'm scheming on how to convince the wife that I NEED that Brig Tac. I mean I have to give it a home, plus this guy actually has a Blade Tech holster for the Brig Tac in stock, I could have the whole pistol outfitted and ready to go in one stop shop!

The reset on the tuned Brig Tac is longer in SA but the over all trigger is better, just as crisp as the Legion but lighter. There is no comparing the DA, even the standard Brig Tac was better but with some additional attention it's so much better than the Legion that it is not even a fair comparison.

The sights on the Legion, while a neat idea, in practice for me are nothing special. The shop allowed me to take the Legion outside to see what the front sight did in direct sunlight, I had hoped it would get really bright like a fiber optic but that is not the case. A set of Trijicon HD's would be a far superior arrangement. The sights on the Brig Tac actually pick up better for me, although after shooting a set of Trijicon HD's on a PPS M2 I'd be tempted to change out the Brig Tac sights as well if the stock sights didn't shoot POA=POI.

The berettas aren't sprung too heavy so it should be possible to grab bare slide and press check but serrations would've been nice.

They sell the brig tac with action job for about $100 more than normal so if it felt that good it is probably worth it.

The legion has a craptastic mag well while the Beretta has a pretty nice one. The legion sight concept is good as you said but the sizes are totally screwed up and I also don't like the "cropped ears" on the corners. The da is pretty bad on the legion compared to the Beretta with D spring. It wouldve also been nice if they went with a p-spit instead of a p-sait on the legion so that adjustment screw doesn't cause issues. While at it they could throw in the GGI mag release or properly relieve the g10 grips near the mag button...

I'm looking forward to seeing the EL 92, it sounds like it will basically be a m9a3 elite.

I'd also like to see a real elite 3 with a steel frame and the same in a frame mounted safety that is SAO. The likelihood of this happening is probably low though, sadly.

ShipWreck
08-06-16, 16:48
Two is one and one is none :)

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/9f92fc04ffd1a9772d23d6df2d6a680a.jpg

Sensei
08-06-16, 17:26
Two is one and one is none :)

http://picpaste.novarata.net/pics/9f92fc04ffd1a9772d23d6df2d6a680a.jpg

I'd like to get one. However, none of my local dealers have them, and I refuse to pay the ~$1200 that Gunbroker seems to command. Thus, keep telling myself that I'm waiting for the G version.

slow10ker
08-06-16, 19:53
Buds storefront has a new one on the wall for 999.99 .... I don't work there ....

ColtSeavers
08-06-16, 19:59
No no, I like salt with my wound... :p

ShipWreck
08-28-16, 07:16
I'd like to get one. However, none of my local dealers have them, and I refuse to pay the ~$1200 that Gunbroker seems to command. Thus, keep telling myself that I'm waiting for the G version.

I would not pay that much either. I paid $999 for the first one, and $950 for the second

Sensei
08-28-16, 14:43
I found on on GB for $1000 plus shipping ($30) and no credit card fees. Not the best deal in the world, but not a ripoff either.

MountainRaven
08-28-16, 14:58
An LGS got an M9A3 (FS) in a couple of weeks ago with the Gallatin, TN rollmark on it. I want to say it was about $950.

Slide seemed really stiff, though, and felt like there was gravel between the bearing surfaces between the slide and frame.

Hopefully, that's just a hiccup with the new plant and the new workers, but... we'll see.

Sensei
08-28-16, 21:19
An LGS got an M9A3 (FS) in a couple of weeks ago with the Gallatin, TN rollmark on it. I want to say it was about $950.

Slide seemed really stiff, though, and felt like there was gravel between the bearing surfaces between the slide and frame.

Hopefully, that's just a hiccup with the new plant and the new workers, but... we'll see.

Mine has the Gallatin, TN rollmark. It's action is glass smooth in typical Beretta fashion. It has 100 rounds of 124 grain Federal AE and 25 rounds of 147 grain HST through it the no issues so far...

ColtSeavers
08-28-16, 23:09

Odd, that's the first complaint I think i've read about the M9A3 that's not a personal preference gripe.

And I hate seeing all these posts about people seeing m9a3s in the wild while ai still never have. Though, I should probably be thankful, along with my bank account.

ShipWreck
08-29-16, 08:54
I have one from MD and one from TN - no issues with either - EXCEPT... The red paint dot on the left side safety came off after the first range trip. I had to repaint it with Testors. The color I bought was a perfect match.

The Beretta rep that posts at the Beretta Forum admittedly that they had a humidity issue there,a nd were working to fix the issue. One other guy at the Beretta Forum had the same thing happen.

Kinda weird, but minor....

ShipWreck
08-29-16, 08:55
Took a new photo yesterday :)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/ps90-m9a3-2_zpsfwjce9ag.jpg~original

HCrum87hc
08-29-16, 11:47
I've yet to see one of these local. I'm hoping to snag one for my dad before Christmas. I'm hoping the TN facility will make it happen.

Sensei
08-30-16, 21:09
For those Volunteers out there...

Nightstalker865
08-30-16, 21:29
For those Volunteers out there...

Looks great to finally see the TN on there. Hopefully I can snag one of these as soon as the G models hit the shelves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ramairthree
09-01-16, 18:24
I had actually decided to just put a threaded barrel in my Brig Tac after waiting so long for the G model.

I broke down in person though with one at the LGS.

Took it for its first workout.

Also ran it with an octane.

Impressions are in the
M9A3 and Octane thread

Slater
01-28-17, 15:12
These have been on the market for a little while now. Anybody with any recent experiences pro/con? Thinking of putting one on layaway.

azeriosu85
01-28-17, 17:23
These have been on the market for a little while now. Anybody with any recent experiences pro/con? Thinking of putting one on layaway.

Get it!

Nightstalker865
01-28-17, 17:37

If your a Beretta fan, I don't think you can go wrong picking one up.

jstalford
01-28-17, 17:38
Has anyone run one with a rugged obsidian? I vaguely remember some issues mounting certain suppressors.

ramairthree
01-28-17, 23:44
As has been noted in other threads,
I am heavily invested in the 92 series.

From my first issue M9 in Ranger Bn over 30 years ago when we turned in our beat 1911s, to my first 92FS in 1990, to The multiple versions, lights, holsters, etc. I have bought since and the same M9 I carried as a secondary my last 8 years in, and the ones I have bought since I retired a few years ago.

However, if you are not already heavily invested in Beretta time, money, kit wise,
And want an all metal offensive handgun/suppressor host,
Compare it to a CZ.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?191534-Allosaurus-vs-T-Rex

Hell, you could get a 5", 4", and compact 5906/6905 decades ago.
You can get full to compact to subcompact CZs.
Same with Glock.
92 series continues serious fail with having an integrated line.

MSparks909
01-29-17, 20:16
Cliffnotes: Buy one. You won't regret it.

In my opinion it's the best factory 92 variant Beretta has ever made. I know that will surely offend the die hard 92G-SD fans, but there it is. I enjoy my Brigadier slide guns, but they can be a bit..."bouncier" when shooting at speed compared to the standard width/weight slide. The factory Trijicon night sights are excellent; front sight isn't too wide and has a white ring around the tritium vial to draw your eye to the front sight. The rear sights are tritium vials with no white outline. The threaded barrel is a bonus, as is the D spring, extended magazine release, steel trigger, (3) 17rd. sand resistant magazines and the 3-slot Pic rail. I have M-L hands, so I prefer the rubber overmold grip that is included with the A3. But for people with smaller hands, the Vertec frame is what they have been missing.

I own several Berettas (Elite II, WC Brig Tac, WC Compact Carry, 92 Centurion) and the A3 is my nightstand and go-to HD pistol. Will be buying a 9mm suppressor for it soon. The only thing I've done to the A3 so far is order a Wilson fluted guide rod and install a Shok-Buff (both unnecessary but I wanted them). I do have an Elite II hammer and a WC 13# hammer spring en-route...my WC Berettas with the Action Tune have spoiled me. Other than that my M9A3 will stay stock. I'll most likely pick up another A3 in the coming months. I'm going to do the same minimal modifications to it as my current A3, and I'll probably install a Wilson Battlesight rear, red fiber optic front and a 11.5# recoil spring. I'll use that A3 primarily in training classes and for a few USPSA and other pistol matches in my area.

QuickStrike
01-30-17, 22:44
^I agree, with the decock only conversion installed it's probably the best Beretta 92 variant for me.

http://i.imgur.com/jdzl4MV.jpg

azeriosu85
02-01-17, 12:50
Hopefully i get mine this coming week.

Trading my MK25 for it

MSparks909
02-01-17, 13:58
Hopefully i get mine this coming week.

Trading my MK25 for it

Ah, so you are trading? Nice. The MK25 is a nice gun, but I feel the M9A3 has more going for it. My 13# hammer spring and Elite II hammer are en route :cool:

call_me_ski
02-01-17, 21:22
I sold all my Sigs and now I have a Beretta 92G-SD. No Ragrets.

If they ever make a black M9A3, I will be in for one as well.

andy t
02-04-17, 19:56
What do you use for holsters? I like mine, but have difficulty finding holsters. I tried Safariland SLS/ALS holster marked for a Vertec, but unable to get a smooth draw.

Nightstalker865
02-04-17, 20:11
What do you use for holsters? I like mine, but have difficulty finding holsters. I tried Safariland SLS/ALS holster marked for a Vertec, but unable to get a smooth draw.

Is the threaded barrel giving you the holster issues?

andy t
02-04-17, 20:18
Not with the Safariland that I have. It has an open bottom. I suspect the pic rail on the gun catches on the modular retention insert of the holster. I am able to get a smooth draw about 70-80% of the time.

Slater
02-06-17, 05:57
Looks like the M9A3 has made it's Hollywood debut:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/24:_Legacy

Meta-Prometheus
02-07-17, 12:47
Looks like the M9A3 has made it's Hollywood debut:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/24:_Legacy

I was going to post exactly this. Spotted the M9A3 in the 24 Legacy Super Bowl TV spot.

It took them long enough but it looks like Beretta is on track for making their pistols more consumer friendly. I have been thinking about picking one of these up now but I think I'll wait and get a G model. I always hated that safety/decocker on my 92FS.

lowprone
03-29-17, 13:15
I just did the G conversion on mine.

Rotundra
08-23-17, 16:37
Anyone know the status on these? I though the Tennessee plant would be cranking them out by now.

MSparks909
08-24-17, 09:44
Anyone know the status on these? I though the Tennessee plant would be cranking them out by now.

They're out there if you know where to look. Your best bet will be Gunbroker. Just have to be ready to pounce on the ones that are priced right. It'll likely be a while before the backlog is caught up.

GunsCarsBikesCigars
08-25-17, 14:01
so I'm about to buy one but can't see one in person....

how much barrel slop/wiggle/play is there at full battery? going to run an Octane on it 100% of the time and if lockup of muzzle isn't rock solid and also how stiff is the static slide preload at battery?

MSparks909
08-25-17, 23:29
so I'm about to buy one but can't see one in person....

how much barrel slop/wiggle/play is there at full battery? going to run an Octane on it 100% of the time and if lockup of muzzle isn't rock solid and also how stiff is the static slide preload at battery?

These guns don't have a "rock solid" muzzle lockup as the barrels lock to the slide with the locking block. That said, the barrels on my 2 M9A3s don't wiggle around when I try to move them if that's what you're asking. And since this is a hammer gun, in battery the slide preload can vary whether or not the hammer is decocked or not. Obviously more force if the hammer is decocked and resting against the slide.

09-02-17, 20:15
An update on price: My LGS can get this gun for $859.95, unknown ETA, though. I'm gonna sign up for some extra shifts.

Bart Noir
09-06-17, 19:54
Why do some people crave the G model on this gun? If you don't like the safety, just use it as a decocker only. I believe the M9A3 has the safety lever design which prevents you from accidentally setting to "safe" when racking the slide.

Bart Noir

MountainRaven
09-06-17, 22:11
Why do some people crave the G model on this gun? If you don't like the safety, just use it as a decocker only. I believe the M9A3 has the safety lever design which prevents you from accidentally setting to "safe" when racking the slide.

Bart Noir

The M9A3's safety is less likely to accidentally be set to safe than previous Beretta safeties, but it is still possible to do so.

I know. I did it once while attempting to demonstrate the reduced likelihood of it occurring of the M9A3.

Feline
09-07-17, 08:07

Bart Noir

The M9A3 lever can still accidentally go on "safe" when racking the slide. Install the G lever to remove this possibility.

ramairthree
09-07-17, 10:26

Bart Noir

when you carry one for an extended period of time, you will often find it is not in the position you put/wanted it in.
Some people want to be able to decock, put it on fire and it stays on fire.

Some want to decock, leave it on safe, and it not go on fire.

Pappabear
09-07-17, 14:48

Bart Noir

The G conversion makes the gun dummy proof and the double action trigger is very safe (per se) and has a clean pull. You just end up with a great DA/SA gun which many folk love to start with. And most people hate the safety system on the M9. I sent mine and had it done with other goodies at WC.

PB

contax_shooter
10-25-17, 14:22
I just impulse bought the M9A3. Are the sights on these at standard height? I’m interested in throwing the 10-8 rear sight on it.

contax_shooter
11-12-17, 08:08
G conversion and Wilson short reach trigger installed.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4524/24488566888_8d6db61388_b.jpg

The Dumb Gun Collector
11-12-17, 08:37
I was looking at one the other day and the trigger was amazing. I think I would have started with these if I didn’t have my 92GSD already.

GTF425
11-12-17, 08:44
I was looking at one the other day and the trigger was amazing. I think I would have started with these if I didn’t have my 92GSD already.

It really is. Between it and the SP2022, I'm strongly considering getting a DA/SA again.

HKGuns
11-12-17, 10:16
I bought one just yesterday in celebration of Veterans Day.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2618327105-5.jpg

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2619407848-5.jpg

HKGuns
11-12-17, 11:13
G conversion and Wilson short reach trigger installed.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4524/24488566888_8d6db61388_b.jpg

What is the benefit of the Wilson short reach trigger? I just picked up a Wilson steel guide rod and blue buffer. Looked at that trigger but coudln't figure out why I needed one.

contax_shooter
11-12-17, 11:46
DA mode is a bit of a reach for me. #manlethands

I also have the Wilson Action Tune Kit sitting around.

Ajlopez281
11-12-17, 13:18
Pure jealousy here. I really like the look of them and got excited when I found out about them. California had to crush my dreams and not add it to the roster. Oh well. Contax, that looks awesome

Ron3
11-12-17, 16:43
What is the benefit of the Wilson short reach trigger? I just picked up a Wilson steel guide rod and blue buffer. Looked at that trigger but coudln't figure out why I needed one.

It's a little thinner front to back. And all steel instead of the polymer coated steel skeleton 92's/M9's come with standard.

It shortens the reach just a tad. I didn't measure the one I had but 1/16 to of an inch perhaps?

If you plan on installing Wolf Gunsprings trigger return spring (that is less likely to break the Beretta design) you must get an all steel trigger as it won't work with Beretta's poly/steel one.

Pappabear
11-12-17, 20:52
I bought one just yesterday in celebration of Veterans Day.

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2618327105-5.jpg

http://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-3/p2619407848-5.jpg

So nice and add the Wilson touch and bingo. I have a gussied up M9 via Wilson. But these guns add to the love. I wouldn't mind adding one to the team.

monadh
11-13-17, 05:21
These are good pistols, and I find that at ranges from 5 yards to 15, I point shoot them better than anything since I gave my son my favorite 1911. The trigger on the G model has a DA of <8.5 pounds and a SA of <4 pounds. The F model has a DA of 7 pounds 10 ounces (average) and a SA of 3 pounds 13 ounces (average). The trigger is very good, not CZ Shadow 2 good, but very good. I thought about sending one to Wilson Combat, but they really don't need it.

https://i.imgur.com/F48cwG3.jpg

MSparks909
11-13-17, 08:57
The only mods I’ve made to my M9A3s are a 14# Wilson hammer spring, Wilson hammer and the Wilson fluted guide rod. I think they’re the best turn-key 92s out currently.

Firefly
11-15-17, 13:07
I shot one and oh my god yall.....

Ohmagod.....

Solid pistols

Eurodriver
08-21-19, 08:33
These are for sale locally in FDE and black.

I grabbed one, but I regret it. It’s heavy, it’s big, it’s double action with a safety, and it’s for sale. Sticking with Glock.

Shoots well suppressed though.

I saw it asked earlier - It doesn’t require special 1/2x28 pistons for this gun. The threads are to spec. They were only different for standard 92FS because the portion that stuck out from the slide was so short.

https://i.imgur.com/dcq21Kw.jpg

Firefly
08-22-19, 09:03
You don’t deserve nice things Euro.
YOU DON’T DESERVE NICE THINGS.

Keep the MFing Beretta. M9 mags are everywhere

Eurodriver
08-22-19, 09:17
You don’t deserve nice things Euro.
YOU DON’T DESERVE NICE THINGS.

Keep the MFing Beretta. M9 mags are everywhere

Wrong.

WRONG!

G19 mags are everywhere. M9 mags are $$$ and rare.

Firefly
08-22-19, 09:56
Wrong.

WRONG!

Don't get short with ME, Frodo.

I was alive and living life during the ban. AR mags and M9 mags were least affected.

Save your numismatics for the next guy!

08-22-19, 10:09
Wrong.

WRONG!

Dude, you’ve got a dart in your neck.

https://youtu.be/DvOHbxBAEN8

prdubi
08-22-19, 10:36
Don't get short with ME, Frodo.

I was alive and living life during the ban. AR mags and M9 mags were least affected.

Save your numismatics for the next guy!This guys no Fredo..

I lived and kicked it also..
M9 mags were EVERYWHERE....

During the ban.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
08-22-19, 13:50
I was into guns during the ban. I get it.

But there isn’t a ban right now.

G19 mags are all over the place. And Glocks are more better as long as your dog doesn’t eat them.

prdubi
08-23-19, 01:57
I was into guns during the ban. I get it.

But there isn’t a ban right now.

G19 mags are all over the place. And Glocks are more better as long as your dog doesn’t eat them.

I can buy surplus m9 mags at the SAR show and other places near bases for less than 10 a pop and they are usually upgraded and updated SR mags with the nice finish.
All over the internetz is mags for 15 everywhere.

I can even get checkmate magazines for 8 to 10 and sometimes 5 on a Sunday from sellers looking to clean their tables.

19 and 17 mags are a plenty now but for ban states, one can't best or beat the M9 in terms of finding pre ban magazines easily.
Some Sig 226 owners on ban states modify pre bans to work in their 226 is an a testament on the utility of m9 magazines.

But for summer carry..I've found my g26 with CTC lasers to be a perfect fit for ccw iwb for me...
I winter jacket carry my m9a3 and my bias for the 19 is nothing extraordinary.. I have a RMRd g17 with barsto NM barrel and it's dead nuts fly wings detachment accurate for me. But the 19 for me just doesn't leave much room in my hands.

No pun or negative Nelly on the g17. I went to my very 1st GSSF shoot with a 2nd gen 17 rental gun and came in 3rd place civilian amateur and a check in the mail 4 weeks later for 350usd which got me a 3rd gen 17 which I still have today and shoot well.
Love the 17 and 26...
Hate the 19...for some reason it just doesn't work with my hands well.

Arik
08-23-19, 06:54
MacGar mags for Beretta 15-20 rounds are in the same price range as the Glock mags and found everywhere online. Just saying

RHINOWSO
08-23-19, 07:23
MacGar mags for Beretta 15-20 rounds are in the same price range as the Glock mags and found everywhere online. Just saying

Agreed. Aside from the mags that came with my Berettas (some of which were made by MecGar for Beretta as OEM), all I buy are MecGar 18rd for $22-24.

I thought about getting some of the Checkmates out there; you can get them for $12 or so new but I just prefer MecGars.

Uni-Vibe
08-23-19, 08:53
I shot one and oh my god yall.....

Ohmagod.....

Solid pistols

Years ago, during the AWB, I was given a Beretta 92 and two hi caps. I took it to the range four or 5 times. The transition between the dreadful double action first pull, and the subsequent single action shots, meant that I could only keep my shots in the same direction on the compass as intended. If someone had designed for me an unshootable handgun, the Beretta 92 would be close to it.

I took it to a gun show. Traded even Steven for a like new Browning Hi Power. Instant Nirvana. Picked it up, and I was connected with the Universe. Shot it, and it was like communing with my first girlfriend.

One man's experience.

Pappabear
08-23-19, 10:29
I bought one for around $1k, can't remember but I think $9 something. Went with G conversion. I changed out the guide rod from plastic to metal via WC. I had one M9 upgraded at WC so when I got this A3 model I asked WC what else is there to do. WC replied the A3 is GTG, only possible upgrade was GR.

Mine shoots nice and handles nice. Racking the slide is a weird, but can be done. Solid metal gun.

PB

RHINOWSO
08-23-19, 15:03
Drop a Langdon TJIAB into any modern Beretta 92.

If you can't shoot that gun well, you really need to quit.

08-23-19, 15:06
Drop a Langdon TJIAB into any modern Beretta 92.

If you can't shoot that gun well, you really need to quit.

Fact.

prdubi
08-23-19, 16:58
Love mines ..

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190823/f1d6fa7ae059e1b04bfef6c1671f68f7.jpg

Eurodriver
08-23-19, 18:22
I just bought an M9A1 too.

Nightstalker865
08-23-19, 20:11

Excellent choice

Sam
08-24-19, 08:40
With proper training, the 92 series is a formidable gun. Easier to control, more accurate, as reliable or more than the Austrian striker. The DA/SA transition is easy to learn and once learned it is a natural technique. I don't even notice the DA/SA 1st/2nd shot switch.

08-24-19, 08:48

Everyone should have three of those.

Slater
08-24-19, 11:21
Even the Turkish-made M9A1-ish version called the Regard MC is well regarded (sorry about the pun). It has a CHF barrel but is non-chrome lined, as I understand it. Not sure what type of finish that Girsan uses, but some have reported that it seems to be more durable than the standard Bruniton finish.

556BlackRifle
08-24-19, 21:14
I picked up an A1 a few years ago and I love it. It's a lot of fun to shoot. I wouldn't mind picking up an A3 some day if the price is right.

Eurodriver
08-24-19, 21:34
Metal handguns just feel so weird. But it’s so accurate.

https://i.imgur.com/qXofpku.jpg

I don’t like how much blowback there is suppressed though.

Firefly
08-24-19, 22:27
Now you need a 1911 in 30 Luger

Eurodriver
08-24-19, 22:35
I need more G19s!

ViniVidivici
08-25-19, 01:34
Nice P80s there Eurodriver.

556BlackRifle
08-25-19, 09:41
Nice weapons cache ED. ;) If you could only keep one, would your A1 or A3 make the cut or would you stick with one of your Glock / Glock variants?

Eurodriver
08-25-19, 12:12
Nice weapons cache ED. ;) If you could only keep one, would your A1 or A3 make the cut or would you stick with one of your Glock / Glock variants?

If I had to have one handgun it would be my G19 with a Storm lake barrel and RMR that isn’t pictured. At 7y the rounds go through the same hole, It’s fast close up and I have gotten 200+yd hits with regularity on an IPSC. There are probably videos here if you search.

https://i.imgur.com/Z8KEZgu.jpg

Of the guns pictured, I’d choose the Polymer 80 and I’d choose the M9A1 over the M9A3 100/100 times.

The A3 suppressed blows way too much crap back into my face, and the $300+ price point offers no advantages over the A1 in practice. If they offered it with the G conversion that might sway it but that’s only $40 or so.

08-25-19, 12:35
Of the guns pictured, I’d choose the Polymer 80 and I’d choose the M9A1 over the M9A3 100/100 times.

The A3 suppressed blows way too much crap back into my face, and the $300+ price point offers no advantages over the A1 in practice. If they offered it with the G conversion that might sway it but that’s only $40 or so.
My A3 came with the G decocker and D spring.
I also prefer the A1, with the LTT being the one gun to rule them all.

Firefly
08-25-19, 13:48
You can do pretty much anything you need to an A1 to make it as slick as an A3 except switch sights but really....the light rail makes up for it.

LTTs are factory Samurai Edges minus the STARS handgrips

08-25-19, 14:10
You can do pretty much anything you need to an A1 to make it as slick as an A3 except switch sights but really....the light rail makes up for it.

LTTs are factory Samurai Edges minus the STARS handgrips

You can also throw the A3 slide on the A1

prdubi
08-25-19, 14:12
I do like the fat grip of the A1.

Firefly
08-25-19, 14:52
You can also throw the A3 slide on the A1

In all fairness you can do that with pretty much any Beretta slide. I would not get an A3 just for the slide. A Brigadier, yes. It is beefier and has dovetails.

spence
08-25-19, 18:16
My A3 came with the G decocker and D spring.
I also prefer the A1, with the LTT being the one gun to rule them all.

I have yet to find anywhere that I travel typically that has an LTT in house. I finally got on the Beretta wagon this last spring with an M9 and an Italian 92 Compact. Neither are the railed versions, but I crumbled over the price. Installed 14# hammer springs, G kits, and LTT G10 grips on both, and the total bill was right at what most 92FS's are priced at. The M9 DA trigger is a bit grainy and not as smooth as the Compact, but they're both winners. I carry the Compact more than anything else now.

I wouldn't mind an A1 because I'd stick a light on it and it'd be my HD pistol. I'm highly intrigued by the LTT, it's not a lot of huge improvements, but enough that I'd probably buy one. I don't care for the Vertec grip much, though, or the rounded trigger guard, so an A3 or 92X isn't really in my future.

prdubi
08-26-19, 00:34
My m9 with a conical bushing Barsto NM barrel.

Much love...
But the lasers and lights make everything bright..

D spring and LTT trigger bag...adds a good cherry on top.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190826/acb6a6503e26b76bbf9d011f6426fbf3.jpg

RHINOWSO
08-26-19, 07:01
You can get an M9A1 with a front dovetail / night sights install - JS92M9A1M24

Since Beretta / Trijicon could no longer offer an LE version with drilled front night sight, they make small batches of these M9A1s with Vertec slides.

Not my picture or my pistol --> https://berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=98238&page=5

https://92fs.net/FAQ/S92/M9A1/2%20-%20Left.jpg

Firefly
08-26-19, 07:28
oh snap. This....is good info. Why even bother with an A3? (Still want a Brig)

I'll take a Beretta over a Sig any day. Yes. Yes this is good to know. Really...I'd get FO over night sights for what I would do with it.

hotrodder636
08-26-19, 09:53
I am on Beretta’s email list...every once in a while I get an ad about the Vertec slides they get in with the dovetails. I have not seen Brig slides by themselves and not from Beretta.

I have a 92FS, Wilson Brig-Tac and the LTT Elite. While I do like the Wilson with the Brig slide, the LTT is hands down a nicer handling pistol for me. Tigger is better, less reciprocating mass. I dunno..aesthetics I guess. If you are interested in a WC BT, let me know...mine is unfired and neglected.

I'll take a Beretta over a Sig any day. Yes. Yes this is good to know. Really...I'd get FO over night sights for what I would do with it.

08-26-19, 10:27

LTT comes with FO and if you want a less expensive option, LTT or Wilson can install a fiber in the blade of a M9A1.