PDA

View Full Version : Nightforce 1-4 or?

COLT6933
08-30-08, 14:45
I am in the market for a low power variable and was thinking of going with the NF 1-4. I am also thinking about the SB short dot, but the additional price is holding me back a little. I understand the SB has better illum- daytime visible but is the NF illum. ret visable in daylight. I could buy the NF today or wait a bit and save up for the SB short dot but i have a need for a vairable optic. I run Aimpoints and Eotechs but need the ability to have some magnification when needed. I have tried the Aimpoint magnifer and it wasn't for me.
Any suggestions

REM
08-30-08, 15:01
I have one of the NF 1 x 4 scopes and I like it. The illuminated reticule is not bright enough to be visible in daylight, but helps track the reticule in the early morning or just after dusk. You need to take a look at your intended usage before you make your decision. If you plan on using the scope to replace an Aimpoint or similar sight, you might want to save for the S&B. My NF scope is on a dedicated rifle and it suits my purpose for that rifle to a tee.

LettersFromEarth
08-30-08, 16:14
What reticle were you considering w/the NF and the SB? If your not after the Mil Dots then maybe the Meopta 1-4 K-Dot or the Trijicon AccuPoint might fit your bill. Both have illumination that is daytime friendly. Both have quality glass. And both undercut your optic choices by a fair bit price wise but are far more capable then their market price would suggest. Cheers.

POF.Ops
08-30-08, 22:55
If you are keeping the Aimpoint have you considered the NF 2.5-10 for longer range work? S&B is the best but NF is a high quality scope as well.