PDA

View Full Version : Form 1 Pending Research.

556Maverick
06-27-16, 21:14
Has anyone recently had a efile form 1 go to pending research?
If so how long did it take before it was changed to submitted/ in process?

thei3ug
06-27-16, 22:26
earlier this year I had one take 10 days.

A5scott
06-27-16, 23:46
February 8th until Feb 26th of 2016. almost 20 days for me. I'm still waiting on that form 1 result plus another form 1 result from Feb 8th, 2016. Going on 4 months and 20 days.
scott

NWS
06-27-16, 23:49
Last one that was pending research for me was in April. That one took 5-6 days.

The Rat
06-28-16, 05:48
I had a Zenith Z5P go pending research last month. It went to in process after I emailed Heather Thompson asking if I had the model correct on it, and she corrected it. (It says MKE Z 5P on the receiver, which is what I put down. Apparently the correct choice is Z-5P. First time I've ever heard of anyone doing corrections on an already submitted eform, but I'm not complaining.)

HKGuns
06-28-16, 08:14
It usually means you got the model number wrong and will get a note for pictures followed by a rejection shortly.

BigWaylon
06-28-16, 08:46
Not recently, but all mine have been cleared within 48 hours or so. However, I've seen reports since then of 4-6 weeks.

Also, the examiners (based on multipl reports) are going through all the submitted forms to disapprove those with obvious errors in order to allow people to resubmit prior to 7/13. They're not approving those they check, just not making you wait months for the disapproval. I'm assuming this activity will include clearing those items out of pending research status.

556Maverick
06-28-16, 09:19
I included a picture of the reciecver where the model name was engraved. I put exactly on the form what's on the gun. And I've seen approved ones where people used the same model name/number I did, that's why the pending research has me confused.

thei3ug
06-28-16, 11:40
It usually means you got the model number wrong and will get a note for pictures followed by a rejection shortly.

That's a good point. I had an oddball. I included photographs with my initial application.

Gunfixr
06-28-16, 12:02
All mine I think have had that for awhile, but I didn't go checking on it, so I don't know how long. But then, most were suppressors I made, so the manufacturer comes back as "unknown" initially.

The shop had an f4 come back corrected by atf, the one filling it out separated the one word model name into two words. They just fixed it, noted it at the bottom, and processed it.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

BigWaylon
06-28-16, 12:28
All mine I think have had that for awhile, but I didn't go checking on it, so I don't know how long. But then, most were suppressors I made, so the manufacturer comes back as "unknown" initially.
Sounds like you used your trust/corp name as manufacturer? If you use what they tell you to (FMI for Mfr Code), you won't have that issue.
----------------------------

Overall, it doesn't mean you entered anything wrong, not even model. If you're having to check the box and enter your own info (which is the main thing that causes PR status), it simply means your the first one to use that combination of items. Could simply be a case of you filing a caliber for that specific manufacturer and model that hasn't been used before.

Yes, it could mean you're proving the wrong info...but there are also a lot of options in the dropdowns that lead to disapproved forms.

For all my F1 cans, I used N/A for model so I didn't go to PR status...plus, that way you get to skip engraving a model name.

G-lock
06-29-16, 14:45
I had a Zenith Z5P go pending research last month. It went to in process after I emailed Heather Thompson asking if I had the model correct on it, and she corrected it. (It says MKE Z 5P on the receiver, which is what I put down. Apparently the correct choice is Z-5P. First time I've ever heard of anyone doing corrections on an already submitted eform, but I'm not complaining.)

This is odd as both forms of the model number are in the system on the drop down and I've seen it posted that the ATF doesn't can about hyphens or dashes in model numbers or serial numbers. My MKE is marked Z 5RS, they had no option for spaces in the system so I used Z5RS on the form, been in a couple weeks hope all it ok with it..

BigWaylon
06-29-16, 16:31
This is odd as both forms of the model number are in the system on the drop down and I've seen it posted that the ATF doesn't can about hyphens or dashes in model numbers or serial numbers. My MKE is marked Z 5RS, they no option for spaces in the system so I used Z5RS on the form, been in a couple weeks hope all it ok with it..
Two notes:
1. The system is populated by user info. Just because it's there doesn't mean it's right. I can point out quite a few combos that will result in a disapproval.
2. It seems like the ATF isn't as concerned with hyphens in SNs, but there have been many disapproved forms due to simple PA15 vs PA-15 model discrepancies.

duece71
06-29-16, 20:25
Good info for sure.......hopefully my trust will happen next week and I can get one or two in process before the 13th. If not.......onto the new system I go.

G-lock
06-30-16, 07:53
Two notes:
1. The system is populated by user info. Just because it's there doesn't mean it's right. I can point out quite a few combos that will result in a disapproval.
2. It seems like the ATF isn't as concerned with hyphens in SNs, but there have been many disapproved forms due to simple PA15 vs PA-15 model discrepancies.

Marvy, I had hoped that they would vet the entries on the drop downs. No real surprise..I was hesitant to add a hyphen or dash where none existed, omitting an existing one in a model designation may be the real problem tho..

BigWaylon
06-30-16, 09:47
No guarantee the hyphen (or lack thereof) causes an issue...the inconsistency is the frustrating part.

G-lock
06-30-16, 12:46
No guarantee the hyphen (or lack thereof) causes an issue...the inconsistency is the frustrating part.

Yep, who in there right mind would actually normalize data, not the Feds for sure...

jerrysimons
07-09-16, 10:29
So I have had a form pending research for about a week now. I am wondering if anybody knows if it will still be considered submitted prior to July 13th if it is still pending research as of that date?

BigWaylon
07-09-16, 15:50
So I have had a form pending research for about a week now. I am wondering if anybody knows if it will still be considered submitted prior to July 13th if it is still pending research as of that date?
It's my understanding you'll be fine. I had the same question since the Submitted date isn't populated on the home screen, which is the same date on the form, until it moves from PR to S/IP. I have another guy on a different site that asked this exact question earlier this week and he was told they would be fine.

duece71
07-10-16, 14:54
I was told it has to be postmarked by next Tuesday to be ok. I was told this by 2 different dealers.

Hdog83
07-11-16, 08:42
Another NFA late bloomer here. I submitted an eForm 1 for a Colt Sporter Target (pre ban) about a week ago. First time ever with a Colt, so I initially screwed up and created "Colt's Mfg. Co. Inc." as the manufacturer and "Sporter Target" as the model. Neither of these were drop-downs, and of course they wouldn't "validate", so it seemed fishy that I would have to do this. The kicker was when the eFile system notified me that it was going to go to research as a result. So, I did some quick google searching and then went back and changed it to "COLT" and "SPORTERTARG", which validated just fine. I uploaded a picture of the receiver just to make sure that there wasn't any confusion.

However, even with the changes back to 'validated' status, the "research" flag must have remained tripped, as the final submitted form is still "pending research". Oh well. Hopefully it won't get rejected.