PDA

View Full Version : PROGRAM ALERT: No Man Left Behind on NatGeo.

Big A
06-28-16, 20:07
On NatGeo right now is a new series No Man Left Behind and tonight's episode is about operation Gothic Serpent.

Ryno12
06-28-16, 20:10
DVR set.

Thanks for the heads up dude.

Big A
07-12-16, 19:12
New episode tonight at 9pm about a mission of the Green Berets in Afghanistan.

SteyrAUG
07-12-16, 19:17
Been watching it. The BHD one was a little disappointing. They only talked to three guys. The Frontline documentary on the event was much better.

Also the CGI muzzle flashes drive me crazy.

Big A
07-12-16, 19:50
Been watching it. The BHD one was a little disappointing. They only talked to three guys. The Frontline documentary on the event was much better.

Also the CGI muzzle flashes drive me crazy.
Yeah the Frontline one is good. At least the guns looked correct, no magpul stocks and railed hand gaurds with stuff all over them. I don't know if the CGI muzzle flashes are as bad as the bolts not cycling or any shells being ejected.

The episode with 2 DEA agents was ****ed up from the get go.

Ryno12
07-12-16, 20:05
New episode tonight at 9pm about a mission of the Green Berets in Afghanistan.

You mean at 8pm. [emoji14]

Good thing I have the DVR set up or I'd have missed it.

Big A
07-12-16, 20:17
Well yeah, for you guys that don't live in the right time zone [emoji14]

Ryno12
07-12-16, 20:30
Well yeah, for you guys that don't live in the right time zone [emoji14]

Perhaps... but at least I'm on the right side of the Mason-Dixon line.

Double [emoji14]

Big A
07-12-16, 20:53
Perhaps... but at least I'm on the right side of the Mason-Dixon line.

Double [emoji14]
I thought you were in Wisconsin, when did you move south?

Ryno12
07-12-16, 21:35
I thought you were in Wisconsin, when did you move south?

No, you're correct. I'm sorry, I probably spoke too fast for you. I said "r i g h t" side.

BTW buddy... Good weekend coming up. I'll text you pics.

SteyrAUG
07-12-16, 21:46
Yeah the Frontline one is good. At least the guns looked correct, no magpul stocks and railed hand gaurds with stuff all over them. I don't know if the CGI muzzle flashes are as bad as the bolts not cycling or any shells being ejected.

The episode with 2 DEA agents was ****ed up from the get go.

Yeah, the minute they told me I was going to Bogata unarmed would have been my last day. That entire thing was a disaster.

Ryno12
07-12-16, 21:49
Yeah, the minute they told me I was going to Bogata unarmed would have been my last day. That entire thing was a disaster.

Oh yeah, totally. Those guys were nuts. I kept thinking to myself, "WTF are you guys doing??"

SteyrAUG
07-13-16, 00:10
And just when I thought sending two unarmed DEA guys to Bogota was the height of insanity, let's send about 12 guys into an HIG stronghold, land them at the bottom of a valley in broad daylight, expect them to climb cliffs that a billy goat would walk around, assault a village populated by at least a couple hundred enemy combatants in fortified positions on the top of the cliffs with similar structures on the opposite side of the valley so they can attempt to capture a top level bad guy.

What could possibly go wrong with that plan? If you let HIG dictate the mission I don't see any major changes being made. Would have been better off not sending anybody and just targeting the entire village with massive air strikes without warning.

Sounds like something Clinton would have come up with. How did this even happen.

chuckman
07-13-16, 10:10
And just when I thought sending two unarmed DEA guys to Bogota was the height of insanity, let's send about 12 guys into an HIG stronghold, land them at the bottom of a valley in broad daylight, expect them to climb cliffs that a billy goat would walk around, assault a village populated by at least a couple hundred enemy combatants in fortified positions on the top of the cliffs with similar structures on the opposite side of the valley so they can attempt to capture a top level bad guy.

What could possibly go wrong with that plan? If you let HIG dictate the mission I don't see any major changes being made. Would have been better off not sending anybody and just targeting the entire village with massive air strikes without warning.

The book about this was awesome.

Honu
07-13-16, 20:55
watching it online now

on the columbian one !!!

MAN what a freaking story !!!!!!!
we had fire ants in the islands that would pack a freaking punch can not imagine with all the other stuff that on top !!!!!

SteyrAUG
07-13-16, 21:47
The book about this was awesome.

I don't need another book that would just make me very angry.

ggammell
07-14-16, 10:51
And just walking down to the desk to ask about another guest in the same hotel you're staying in? WTF!

Jer
07-14-16, 11:29
And just walking down to the desk to ask about another guest in the same hotel you're staying in? WTF!

As soon as I saw hommie walking down stairs to ask about this guy I was like: 'Dafuq?!?' I'm not in 'Intelligence' but even I know that's not too bright.

Big A
07-14-16, 11:46
BTW buddy... Good weekend coming up. I'll text you pics.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160714/5e7a3b4f0943be45e4279890098d6dd7.jpg

Big A
07-14-16, 11:48

As soon as I saw hommie walking down stairs to ask about this guy I was like: 'Dafuq?!?' I'm not in 'Intelligence' but even I know that's not too bright.
Bingo! Just go hire one of the local working girls to find out what room he is in.

When just walked up to the desk I was thinking to myself "How stupid can you be?"

chuckman
07-14-16, 12:03

A few years ago, early 2000s, I went to a panel discussion at a local university that had former spooks from the CIA and the KGB; all retired now. They talked about the Cold War. It was entertaining, even hilarious. They would talk about just going to a hotel front desk and asking for Person X, and the clerk would just give out the information.

"Here we were, trained to be able to go in and steal the information, then pick the lock of that person's room, but not only would they just give us the name, sometimes they would just hand us a key if our story was good enough."

Honu
07-14-16, 14:52
was it DEA that shot himself in the class of kids ?

yeah sadly I can see some of the so called special folks being so stupid as to go ask for a drug dealer in columbia