PDA

View Full Version : Austin Texas Freeway Rock Thrower.

Averageman
06-30-16, 16:50
Yeah, that's right, for years someone has been throwing large rocks in to traffic. Lots of accidents were caused and some injuries.
It actually got so bad that they were suggesting people change their driving habits.
Then, finally, THIS.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/16/austin-police-arrest-man-in-serial-rock-throwing-case0.html
A man has been arrested in connection with dozens of rock-throwing incidents that have hit cars on Interstate 35 in Austin after police said it was a top priority.

Police Chief Art Acevedo said Thursday that an arrest had been made in the "serial rock assailant case." Fifty-nine-year-old Patrick Eugene Johnson faces charges of attempted aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

More than 80 rock-throwing incidents have been reported in Austin since 2014.

http://waco100.iheart.com/articles/247-texas-news-494117/rockthrowing-suspect-called-911-thousands-of-14855196/

The charges continue to pile up on the Austin rock-throwing suspect. The "American-Statesman" reports that 59-year-old Patrick Johnson called 9-1-1 over a thousand times to report traffic accidents, road hazards and reckless driving on or near Interstate 35. Johnson is the main suspect in dozens of rock-throwing incidents, most of them on I-35, over the past two years. He remains jailed in Travis County in lieu of one-million-dollars bail.

http://www.kristv.com/story/32309765/rock-throwing-suspect-called-911-more-than-1100-times

The Austin American-Statesman reports that records show 59-year-old Patrick Eugene Johnson made more than 80 calls within 30 minutes of a reported rock-throwing incident on I-35.

Johnson faces three felony assault charges connected to rock-throwing incidents. Police say he called 911 after throwing a rock into a vehicle in a June 2014 incident that left the driver with brain damage.

Johnson, arrested earlier this month, is being held in the Travis County jail with bail set at more than $1 million. He's also charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child in an unrelated 2013 case.

His case for the sexual assault of a child was delayed more than once due to his health, but it was also alleged that he kept in contact with the victim and was harassing and threatening them.

SteyrAUG
06-30-16, 16:54
Once again, WTF is wrong with some people.

Arik
06-30-16, 16:56
Sounds like a sexual fetish

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

austinN4
06-30-16, 17:02
Once again, WTF is wrong with some people.

Well, with some people, everything! Seriously though, he sounds like a mental case to me.

Averageman
06-30-16, 17:11
I'm not Columbo, but at what point in all of this mess do you finally decide to go pay "Creepy Child Molester Guy" who Calls in all day long about the rock throwing incidents a personal visit?
BTW; He owned a tow truck business at one time.

J-Dub
06-30-16, 18:49
I'm not Columbo, but at what point in all of this mess do you finally decide to go pay "Creepy Child Molester Guy" who Calls in all day long about the rock throwing incidents a personal visit?
BTW; He owned a tow truck business at one time.

You're assuming he wasn't "visited". I would venture to guess every officer working the area he frequented knew him and had multiple encounters with him. He'll they might've had his photo up in briefing.

Moose-Knuckle
07-01-16, 05:18
This guy should be bound to a pole in front of the Capital and all the victims and or the victims surviving family members should be allowed to wait for it . . . wait for it . . . stone this oxygen thief to death.

Just call it a multi-cultural outreach to learn about islam.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-01-16, 08:25
Assault rocks. His pick up,truck was a high capacity loading device.

I'm fine with throwing him off an overpass.