PDA

View Full Version : KAC URX II installation

Falar
06-30-16, 17:35
Are there any vendors offering this as a service? I was actually able to find one direct from Knight's (seems with keymod being the new thing, "quad rails" are out of stock/production in most places) but the only place I could find online offering installation services no longer does it.

I just returned to a free state after a 4 year "exile" and am finding things are very different. Back then URX stuff was not common to find but now it looks like they became more readily available at some point but with keymod taking over the selection of available products I like is shrinking fast.

Alpine2k3
06-30-16, 17:46
I would try boltcarrier.com

TMS951
06-30-16, 21:42
To be done properly it requires a load of special tools.

However it can be done with some basic stuff.

I used a larue acog mount to bridge the upper to the rail and and punch and hammer to install the barrel nut. Used loc-tite on the barrel nut and rail.

Kind of bubba, but worked great. No regrets.

MegademiC
06-30-16, 21:46
If it's the same barrel nut as the urx3, ADCO can do it. I had them assemble my upper.

Edit, loOKs like it's the same.

Falar
06-30-16, 22:18
I would try boltcarrier.com

He's got me squared away. Thanks!

Too bad I moved back home to Free Texas so late (or really, left in the first place). I'm sure the 10.75" will be great on a 16" but I would have tried the 12.5" if it was still available.

HOnestly, as fast as "quad rails" are going extinct maybe its time to start acquiring whatever is left that I might need down the road. 7.62 solutions are already looking very slim these days.

Tejasmtb
07-01-16, 22:58
What part of Texas are you in?

Falar
07-01-16, 23:08
What part of Texas are you in?

Midland.

SolarHawk
07-02-16, 03:29
Sounds like you're all set, but as a side note ADCO just installed my URX 4 rail and did a great job. I'm sure they can handle just about anything you throw at them.