PDA

View Full Version : Gov. Brown just burned the 2nd Amendment in California.

Exiledviking
07-01-16, 17:49
Governor Brown signed several anti-2nd Amendment bills today.

All magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds have to be surrendered or sold by Jan. 1, 2017.

All center-fire semi-auto rifles that have Bullet Button magazine catches have to be registered as AW by Jan 1, 2018. None may be sold after Jan 1, 2017.

Ammo purchases will only be available thru licensed vendors and only to purchasers who have paid the $50 fee for an ammo purchase license. That license has to be renewed every 2 years along with another fee. This one is tied to Gruesome Newsom's "Safety Act for All 2016.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article87156147.html

The clowns in Sacramento just used the Bill of Rights as toilet paper.

jpmuscle
07-01-16, 17:56
Link?

ColtSeavers
07-01-16, 17:57
Link?

Seconded, though, sadly, I don't doubt it.

Linebacker
07-01-16, 17:59
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-sac-essential-politics-updates-gov-brown-signs-six-gun-control-bills-1467394282-htmlstory.html

Exiledviking
07-01-16, 18:00
http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article87156147.html

jpmuscle
07-01-16, 18:07
I fail to see how any of that "respects the rights of lawful gun orders"...

I should run guns for a living. Way more lucrative I'd say.

Vandal
07-01-16, 18:08
CA just went full retard.

Firefly
07-01-16, 18:08
That is most unfortunate.

I have no doubt in my police mind that the Piru, Folk, Mexican Mafia, MS13, Hell's Angels, and pretty much any wannabe gangmember will be in full compliance before the deadline.

Firefly
07-01-16, 18:11
CA just went full retard.

Negative, Sir.

This is Quasar Retarded. Like Black Antimatter Singularity Retarded.

Steven Hawking would need to have all his knowledge, be reborn, start new, and team up with Neil deGrasse Tyson just to find a place to begin quantifying this cosmic level of retardation.

Digital_Damage
07-01-16, 18:20
Well there goes all the Sr-30 lowers again....

rero360
07-01-16, 18:21
Fvck it, guess it's time to hoist the Jolly Roger, if they're going to treat me like a felon, maybe I should go ahead and act the part.

Exiledviking
07-01-16, 18:25
Fvck it, guess it's time to hoist the Jolly Roger, if they're going to treat me like a felon, maybe I should go ahead and act the part.
A lot of people in CA are thinking the same thing.

How ironic that he signed all of these tyrannical bills just before leaving on a vacation to Europe. Right before Independence Day weekend. What an XXXXXXE!!!

jpmuscle
07-01-16, 18:33
Well there goes all the Sr-30 lowers again....
I'm not tracking?

Outlander Systems
07-01-16, 18:46
Dudes. You now now face the same diemma that your forebears faced when emigrating to this country. Stay and put up with the bullshit, or move out of occupied territory to a free State.

Happy Independence Day.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable rights; that among these, are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness; that to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Declaration of Independence as originally written by Thomas Jefferson, 1776. ME 1:29, Papers 1:3

donlapalma
07-01-16, 18:48
I'm so glad I left that place ten years ago. Scary to imagine that if I didn't leave I would probably still be living life completely ignorant of the true scope of the injustices brought upon the people of that state.

Exiledviking
07-01-16, 18:48
I'm not tracking?
The SR-30 lower is not listed by name on the banned list for California unlike the SR-15 lower.

platoonDaddy
07-01-16, 19:18
Does impact: local, state & Fed LEO's?

Vandal
07-01-16, 19:20
Does impact: local, state & Fed LEO's?

Of course not. They will be exempted, if on duty with issued weapons. If you're traveling there, well even with LEOSA I wouldn't risk it.

platoonDaddy
07-01-16, 19:25
Of course not. They will be exempted, if on duty with issued weapons. If you're traveling there, well even with LEOSA I wouldn't risk it.

I didn't see any exemptions in the articles (maybe I missed them), therefore the question.

Also didn't see the dates mentions below. Bitch getting old.

All magazines that can accept more than 10 rounds have to be surrendered or sold by Jan. 1, 2017.

All center-fire semi-auto rifles that have Bullet Button magazine catches have to be registered as AW by Jan 1, 2018. None may be sold after Jan 1, 2017.

Ammo purchases will only be available thru licensed vendors and only to purchasers who have paid the $50 fee for an ammo purchase license. That license has to be renewed every 2 years along with another fee. This one is tied to Gruesome Newsom's "Safety Act for All 2016.

Vandal
07-01-16, 19:35
If there was no exemptions it would just fantastic for all. Make the cops there play by the same rules as the populous and watch the laws change next week.

SteveS
07-01-16, 19:37
The sad part of this is the high % of gun owners that voted for the anti gun politicians and governor Moonbean. The largest majority of Californians are really tardos

SteveS
07-01-16, 19:41
I'm so glad I left that place ten years ago. Scary to imagine that if I didn't leave I would probably still be living life completely ignorant of the true scope of the injustices brought upon the people of that state.
California is the land of earthquakes and idiots. strong on the idiot part.

Outlander Systems
07-01-16, 19:43
The more things change the more they stay the same.

http://youtu.be/GoA_zY6tqQw

nml
07-01-16, 19:53
Does impact: local, state & Fed LEO's?No don't worry buddy, you can still break into their vehicles and shoot innocent women with their weapons.

SteyrAUG
07-01-16, 19:53
A lot of people in CA are thinking the same thing.

How ironic that he signed all of these tyrannical bills just before leaving on a vacation to Europe. Right before Independence Day weekend. What an XXXXXXE!!!

By design. Wonder if the next civil war will be an East Coast - West Coast thing like with rappers.

docsherm
07-01-16, 20:00
By design. Wonder if the next civil war will be an East Coast - West Coast thing like with rappers.

What to see who can be the most libtard? ........ ;)

Outlander Systems
07-01-16, 20:02
If Texas drops the mic, and says, "I'm out" I'm crashing on your floor 'til I can get a job.

Firefly
07-01-16, 20:10
Sleepovers at Doc's crib? I'll bring Pibb and Brunettes, and ammo.

Anyways....I don't think police should be exempt. There are enough uppity rookies as is. If everybody felt the sting of this encroachment, they'd get off their ass and start voting in people who won't be chumping on your civil liberties.

Firefly
07-01-16, 20:10

Dirty South reppasent!

Freaknik!

HKGuns
07-01-16, 20:11
I'm wearing my shocked face right now. Pffft, wouldn't live there for all the tea in China. I don't even like to visit, but am forced to make business trips out there, usually once per year.

So much for all the progress CALguns and others in that State have claimed to be making.

BoringGuy45
07-01-16, 20:16

Yo, yo! I be reppin' East Coast up in this motha****a!

Seriously though, an East/West civil war would likely be Northeast and West Coast vs. the rest of the country. Libs congregate to the ocean.

Exiledviking
07-01-16, 20:20
I'm wearing my shocked face right now. Pffft, wouldn't live there for all the tea in China. I don't even like to visit, but am forced to make business trips out there, usually once per year.

So much for all the progress CALguns and others in that State have claimed to be making.

Calguns.net has been a huge part of fighting this type of BS. They're part of the little glimmer of hope in all this tyrannical crap. Now, one has to wonder where the NRA has been and if they'll aid in fighting this.
A lot of people in California are fed up with the trampling of their rights.

RazorBurn
07-01-16, 20:23

The sad part is that it's either move or revolt for the law abiding California gun owners. Even sadder is the fact that the libtards want to push and push until it does become an open revolt. Then they can blame the law abiding gun owning citizens that they made into criminals overnight by taking their Constitutional rights away.

I for one can't wait until Commiefornia falls into the sea...

nml
07-01-16, 20:25
Original banner read "land of the NFA and the home of the persecuted"

Happy 4th all!

BrigandTwoFour
07-01-16, 20:31
I can't f'ing wait to PCS out of this state in the Spring.

The LEOs in my area seem pretty relaxed about the whole gun thing (not that I've had any personal run ins while transporting to the range, but I've heard stories). But the state legislature always builds in LEO exceptions as a way to buy off the police unions in the state. Us military guys aren't extended any such benefit.

Part of the reason that Brown had to sign or veto today, before his vacation, is that California has it written that any law arriving on the governors desk must be vetoed within 12 days. If the governor does not sign or veto the bill within 12 days, then the bills automatically become law. No such thing as "tabling" here. If he didn't do it, then the bills would have ended upon the Lt Governor's desk (Gavin Newsom), who is a loose cannon on the subject- especially since these bills are coming from his political rival for the next gubernatorial election. Newsom is the one driving a bunch of anti-gun ballot referendums this year, many of which effectively do the same thing as the bills that just passed.

LoveAR
07-01-16, 20:35
We are aware of the news. Why bring it here? I can read the news elsewhere.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-01-16, 20:40
We are aware of the news. Why bring it here? I can read the news elsewhere.

What? Should we not discuss things on a F.O.R.U.M?

tb-av
07-01-16, 20:42

Amen. These Liberals are starting something they are going to regret having to try to finish.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-01-16, 20:44
Calguns.net has been a huge part of fighting this type of BS. They're part of the little glimmer of hope in all this tyrannical crap. Now, one has to wonder where the NRA has been and if they'll aid in fighting this.

NRA, at some level, loves state stuff like this. They can use this to milk the people in the other 49 states to 'protect' them from what might come.

I can't see the $50 every two years thing standing. That is in effect a kind of poll tax. I'm not saying that a kind of FOID thing can't be done, just that they overstepped it there. That is a prime candidate for overturning by SCOTUS.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-01-16, 20:44
Amen. These Liberals are starting something they are going to regret having to try to finish.

I wish that were true, but we are not made of the same stuff as our fore fathers. Compared to them, we have already given up EVERYTHING they fought for, and we are cowards.

ColtSeavers
07-01-16, 20:55
What? Should we not discuss things on a F.O.R.U.M?

Some light reading on LoveAR:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?185205-Cold-Hammer-Forged-vs-Non-Cold-Hammer-Forged-What-s-Best-For-Me&p=2333073#post2333073

On topic: I really don't know what to say, if you live in Commiefornia, you now have an immediate decision to make.

LoveAR
07-01-16, 20:56
delete

Turnkey11
07-01-16, 21:08
Yo, yo! I be reppin' East Coast up in this motha****a!

Seriously though, an East/West civil war would likely be Northeast and West Coast vs. the rest of the country. Libs congregate to the ocean.

With the Balkans still a fresh memory, a civil war is not something anybody wants.

nml
07-01-16, 21:14
I can't see the $50 every two years thing standing. That is in effect a kind of poll tax. I'm not saying that a kind of FOID thing can't be done, just that they overstepped it there. That is a prime candidate for overturning by SCOTUS.What SCOTUS? The SCOTUS filled with 4 leftists, and 1 or 3 more with a corrupt Clinton presidency? The SCOTUS will rubberstamp any measure of fascism until the end of time sadly.

Alex V
07-01-16, 21:15
If Texas drops the mic, and says, "I'm out" I'm crashing on your floor 'til I can get a job.

I said in another thread that if Texas decides to bounce, I'm packing up my guns, ammo, cat, dog and wife and driving all through the night. Tons of jobs for me in Dallas and Houston.

Now, one has to wonder where the NRA has been and if they'll aid in fighting this.

The NRA has long forgot about Cali, NY, NJ and CT. They are lost causes and they refuse to spend money in those states. It's sad. I only joined because I won't be here for ever and I want to help them keep the free states free long enough for me to enjoy it once I leave.

w3453l
07-01-16, 21:47
The sad part of this is the high % of gun owners that voted for the anti gun politicians and governor Moonbean. The largest majority of Californians are really tardos

I think most of the CA population are not gun owners. As for any % of gun owners that voted for anti gun politicians:

1) I don't really count the people that want to buy an AK for the occasional Facebook photo to be gun owners. Yes technically they are, but they don't go shooting anymore than the hunting guys that are all good with one box of ammo and bolt rifle.

2) We don't really have that many good options for politicians to begin with here. Yes Brown sucks, but I do t remember if the alternatives were any better.

Regardless, most people in CA know more about who Kim Kardashian is sleeping with this week or what the knew flavor of the month is at Starbucks this month. In other words they're idiots.

SteyrAUG
07-01-16, 21:55

I'm thinking the East with the exclusion of the North East.

SteyrAUG
07-01-16, 21:57
With the Balkans still a fresh memory, a civil war is not something anybody wants.

I don't think anyone wants it, but it sometimes still happens anyway.

ForTehNguyen
07-01-16, 22:06
http://reason.com/blog/2016/07/01/governor-jerry-brown-signs-six-vetoes-fo

Governor Jerry Brown Signs Six, Vetoes Five Gun-Right Restricting Bills
One bill the California governor signed will require uncompensated destruction, sale, or confiscation of existing peacefully owned magazines with a capacity of larger than 10.
Brian Doherty|Jul. 1, 2016 4:39 pm

A raft of bills intended to restrict Californians' rights to possess or exchange their weapons went to Gov. Jerry Brown's desk this week, and today he signed six and vetoed five of them.

Via a press release from the pro-Second Amendment Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC), with descriptions that reflect their perspective, a list of the six signed and four of the five vetoed. (The last one on the vetoed list was not discussed by the FPC). The names in parenthesis are those of the legislator who introduced the bills. The [bracketed] interpolations are by me:

AB 1135 (Levine): Bans common and constitutionally-protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.
AB 1511 (Santiago): Criminalizes loaning of firearms between personally known, law-abiding adults, including family members, sportspersons, and competitors.
AB 1695 (Bonta): Makes a non-violent misdemeanor [falsely reporting a firearm as having been stolen] a prohibiting offense.
SB 880 (Hall): Bans common and constitutionally-protected firearms that have magazine locking devices.
SB 1235 (de Leon): New restrictions on ammunition purchases; creates a DOJ database of ammunition owners.
SB 1446 (Hancock): Statewide confiscatory ban on all lawfully-possessed standard-capacity ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 round; exemption for retired police

The five vetoed by Brown:

AB 1673 (Gipson): Would have redefined "firearms" to include objects that are not firearms [the bill would make legally a weapon "a frame or receiver blank, casting, or machined body that requires further machining or molding to be used as part of a functional weapon so long as it has been designed and is clearly identifiable as being used exclusively as part of a functional weapon."]
AB 1674 (Santiago): Would have banned buying more than one firearm of any type within a 30-day period
AB 2607 (Ting): Would have dramatically expanded the reach of secret "Gun Violence Restraining Orders" [From the bill's own language, it would "authorize an employer, a coworker, a mental health worker who has seen the person as a patient in the last 6 months, or an employee of a secondary or postsecondary school that the person has attended in the last 6 months to file a petition for an ex parte, one-year, or renewed gun violence restraining order," greatly expanding the ability of the state to restrict gun possession rights absent any crime. The bill would have allowed for confiscation of existing owned weapons at the suggestion of a co-worker or boss, among others. The Los Angeles Times focused on that now-vetoed bill in a story this morning.]
SB 894 (Jackson): Would have re-victimized victims of theft by criminalizing the failure to report lost and stolen firearms
AB 1176 which would make "the theft of a firearm grand theft in all cases and punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for 16 months, or 2 or 3 years."

Dienekes
07-01-16, 22:21

Agreed. But becoming a "subject" is nothing to aspire to, either.

Evil is, in the end, stupid. All they know how to do is push, push, push.

Endur
07-01-16, 22:40
I am going to have to get a hold of a buddy who owns a firearm shop in Sac. This is probably going to hurt. I am glad my family left that abyss years ago.

OH58D
07-01-16, 22:45
Don't call attention to yourself with the flying skull & crossbones, just plan for a secret compartment in you car/truck and enjoy the drive to the Grand Canyon State to obtain your contraband. Whether it's running guns, ammo or corn liquor, Americans are a resourceful bunch. It's prohibition all over again and we have a colorful history of circumventing the tyranny. Get with the program and make preparations for your pipeline of needed firearms related items.

Leaveammoforme
07-01-16, 23:04
The overall vibe I got from lurking Calguns today was there will be fighting.

Fighting in line to register that is.

Myself in their shoes, I'll agree it is definitely a fork in the road situation. The available two paths are significantly different with life altering consequences.

One fellow posted a link that needs a read by everyone.

http://jpfo.org/common-sense/commonsense08.htm

glocktogo
07-01-16, 23:10
NRA, at some level, loves state stuff like this. They can use this to milk the people in the other 49 states to 'protect' them from what might come.

I can't see the $50 every two years thing standing. That is in effect a kind of poll tax. I'm not saying that a kind of FOID thing can't be done, just that they overstepped it there. That is a prime candidate for overturning by SCOTUS.

If Hillary wins November, this will NEVER be overturned. Game Over

docsherm
07-01-16, 23:19

Anytime brother.... ;)

And Firefly......we prefer Lone Star here. :cool:

w3453l
07-01-16, 23:47
Anytime brother.... ;)

You got room for one more? I can make a good a$$ lasagna too; just saying.

interfan
07-02-16, 00:00
California today is what Hitlery's 2nd term, or Obama's 4th term (or GW's 6th), would look like. I grew up in California and thank God daily that l left but I still own property there. Today, I decided that I will liquidate any holdings within CA prior to the end of the year. I can't bear the thought of funding (through property tax) anyone who wants to put me in jail for something that is my God given right.

California is a model for how progressives want to ruin this country. Basically California politics are dominated by two areas: San Francisco and Los Angeles. Any other area has no representation (districts have been drawn to insure one party rule and will guaranty a majority of legislators will come from LA and SF) and diminish the rights of those outside of LA and SF. It is a place where felons, like Charlie Sheen, can get a carry permit but regular folks can't. It is a place where illegal aliens are welcome to vote (http://empowerla.org/stakeholder-definition-changes/), and get driver's licenses and are welcomed in Sanctuary State to enjoy the same rights as citizens, but with the additional special rights (such as immunity from prosecution) as well. The new restrictions are the result of a gradual erosion of rights that started with then Governor Reagan and his fear of armed Black Panthers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulford_Act). The original Assault Weapons ban in California was signed by a Republican governor (Deukmejien), and (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberti-Roos_Assault_Weapons_Control_Act_of_1989). Schwartzenegger signed the 50 cal ban (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.50_Caliber_BMG_Regulation_Act_of_2004) as a "Republican" so you really can't trust any progressive, regardless of "D" or "R". Since California's "progressives" do not recognize the 1st or 2nd Amendments, so no one should recognize the 1st, 9th, or the 13th for them - as the Constitution is just an old paper for them anyway. I would say that they have given up their rights afforded to them by choosing to voluntarily disregard the enshrined liberty of others.

The bigger problem is that over time, Californians have just complied with further and further decimation of their rights. No one has the balls to do anything about it and voting is rigged to favor those fascists that can manipulate who can vote. In 2000, there was a "mag ban" that grandfathered in mags that were owned prior to the law, but now those same mags are banned. So on January 1, someone who bought some inanimate object in 1999 or earlier is now (meaning as of Jan 1, 2017) a criminal because the still own it. That is insane and why this can't be ignored and looked at as "stupid libtards in California - It will never happen here". Look at how gun owners are being scapegoated as the moral equivalent of ISIS with Dems in Congress and Obama now. The writing is on the wall and "they" intend to enslave "us". A slave has no liberty or rights. They play the long game and are happy for "us" or our children to be slaves in 20 years or 30 years.

What all of this should be is a cautionary tale. Progressive statism is a cancer. Just as a cancerous growth must be forcibly removed for the health of the organism, statists must also be removed. This is precisely the type of tyranny our Founders warned us about...

SteyrAUG
07-02-16, 00:21
Just a reminder to Californians how far they've fallen in a mere 50 years.

http://i60.tinypic.com/287nply.jpg

In less than a single lifetime they have went from being the second largest importer of firearms in the nation to this sad state of affairs.

interfan
07-02-16, 00:33
Time to pray to Saint Andrew for a 9 or 9 1/2 point solution.

gunrunner505
07-02-16, 00:38
I hate to say it but it's time for a total blockade of California. No more shipping anything firearm related to ANYONE in California. Don't care if you're a police agency or not. It'll suck but times are tough.

No more mags, repair kits, ammo, spare parts. NOTHING. Starve them out. Have the border states make it illegal to buy and transport across the California border.

Once the cops can't get what they need to do their job, this will stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Endur
07-02-16, 00:45
Anytime brother.... ;)

No love for Shiner?

I miss Texas.

Iraqgunz
07-02-16, 01:45
So you think we should have to ID everyone who buys a part, magazine or ammo in our state because of CA laws? Yeah, I don't think so.

I hate to say it but it's time for a total blockade of California. No more shipping anything firearm related to ANYONE in California. Don't care if you're a police agency or not. It'll suck but times are tough.

No more mags, repair kits, ammo, spare parts. NOTHING. Starve them out. Have the border states make it illegal to buy and transport across the California border.

SteyrAUG
07-02-16, 01:48

That isn't realistically going to ever happen. Companies like Barrett have no problem taking a stance like that, but HK, Colt and the rest aren't going to risk bankruptcy by refusing to supply what is probably the largest police state customer in the nation.

It would be nice if Magpul told the entire California government to "get bent", but I don't expect them to and it isn't their responsibility to do so. CA has decided to completely deny a civil right. It is no different than some state in the south fifty years ago saying blacks can't vote.

So the citizens of CA that value ALL of their rights have to make a decision.

1. Stay with the loss of rights due to family, employment or other obligations that supersede personal freedom and comply.
2. Stay and engage in non compliance while accept the illegality of their actions.
3. Leave CA for good.

At the same time, gun owners in other states should REFUSE to visit CA for any reason. Refuse to do business with any entity that benefits the state and government of CA. Years ago when CA decided FFLs must register with the CA DOJ in order to "lawfully" ship guns to a CA FFL I decided that CA can FOAD. I wasn't going to register my license with the CA DOJ and "agree" to be subject to their laws.

This meant I could no longer sell guns to any CA customer and a lot of folks said that was being "anti CA gun owners." I even took some crap on my last few group buys because I was unwilling to send guns to CA or convert guns to CA "bullet button" configuration. No amount of money was worth it.

I took solace in the fact that I was able to hook up a lot of CA people when I did my Barrett .50 Group Buy before the ban went into effect. I took so many orders on that one I worried about delivery before the law went into effect and when I expressed this concern to Barrett, they actually requested that I provide destination FFLs to them and they would ship to the CA customer FFLs directly. This was of course before the CA DOJ required you to register with them to ship to CA.

Felt really good to get some rifles behind the lines before the door got slammed shut. Also was a pure pleasure to do so because of the amazing cooperation and assistance I received from Barrett Firearms.

But those days are gone. Now it's time to fight, surrender, retreat or go underground.

SteyrAUG
07-02-16, 01:54
So you think we should have to ID everyone who buys a part, magazine or ammo in our state because of CA laws? Yeah, I don't think so.

I would think about it, but not for the reasons suggested by gunrunner505.

Cavalry Arms was put out of business by a CA gun buyer who had a AZ state ID and passed his background check. The guns never even left AZ but it didn't matter. The still got stung and put out of business.

I would be cautions with any buyer who makes it known he is a CA resident even if they are buying non regulated items like magazines.

JC5188
07-02-16, 06:58

Just do what you're doing now. Come 1-Jan you'll be be a felon by default.

gunrunner505
07-02-16, 07:18

Not at all. Simply do not ship to a California address. Post a letter like BCM did. As we, insert name here, want to ensure we are compliant with all California laws and we're not going to risk shipping something accidentally that we should not ship we have decided not to ship anything to a California address. You probably won't stop it all but the flow will be diminished for sure. The California government clearly wants to be an island unto themselves, accommodate them.

It will suck for everyone involved but you gotta start somewhere to stem the flow of insanity.

platoonDaddy
07-02-16, 07:32
Not at all. Simply do not ship to a California address. Post a letter like BCM did. As we, insert name here, want to ensure we are compliant with all California laws and we're not going to risk shipping something accidentally that we should not ship we have decided not to ship anything to a California address. You probably won't stop it all but the flow will be diminished for sure. The California government clearly wants to be an island unto themselves, accommodate them.

It will suck for everyone involved but you gotta start somewhere to stem the flow of insanity.

For sure this has my vote.

Outlander Systems
07-02-16, 07:36
The only ones suffering here are the law abiding.

The bad actors like IS/AQ, MS13, etc. will be operating business-as-usual.

austinN4
07-02-16, 07:44
I said in another thread that if Texas decides to bounce, I'm packing up my guns, ammo, cat, dog and wife and driving all through the night. Tons of jobs for me in Dallas and Houston.

Why wait? Seriously

Straight Shooter
07-02-16, 07:51

Brother..Ive BEEN calling for that here, and elsewhere for a few years now. WHY would this be impossible? I mean, nobody ship NOTHING to Kali gun/shooting/hunting related. Not a spring, not a holster, not a screw, not anything! No repairs for cops/le....no SALES to ANY LE/GOV agency or dept at all.
Those of you in the industry-please tell us WHY this is impossible to do..

GTF425
07-02-16, 07:54
Brother..Ive BEEN calling for that here, and elsewhere for a few years now. WHY would this be impossible? I mean, nobody ship NOTHING to Kali gun/shooting/hunting related. Not a spring, not a holster, not a screw, not anything! No repairs for cops/le....no SALES to ANY LE/GOV agency or dept at all.

Because money > morals.

Outlander Systems
07-02-16, 07:54
Money. That's why.

Outlander Systems
07-02-16, 07:58
Let me expand upon my previous statement:

Those of you in the firearms industry have some big decisions to make.

You either reach down, verify that there's testicular fortitude left, and make the right decisions now or suffer the consequences of inaction later.

Here's the deal:

Fight the hard battle or lose the war.

Start standing up for the 2nd Ammendment now, or, through inaction, watch your companies get legislated out of existence.

docsherm
07-02-16, 08:37
Let me expand upon my previous statement:

Those of you in the firearms industry have some big decisions to make.

You either reach down, verify that there's testicular fortitude left, and make the right decisions now or suffer the consequences of inaction later.

Here's the deal:

Fight the hard battle or lose the war.

Start standing up for the 2nd Ammendment now, or, through inaction, watch your companies get legislated out of existence.

That would great deal. If no one would sell guns or ammo to the LE depts in CA they might change their mind about who they support.

Alex V
07-02-16, 08:46

AIM won't ship AR lowers to NJ even tho it's legal and they used to. They don't want to risk it. I get it. No one wants to loose their business. No hard feelings here at all.

What firearm manufacturers should do is not a total ban on shipping their guns to states like ours but to say that Police and other agencies operating in Ban states can only get the same weapons that citizens can. You want to issue your officers a G17, you can have one, but only with a 10 round mag. You want them all to have 6920's? Fine. Have one with a pinned stock, no bayo lug, no flash hider and a 10 round mag. Enjoy.

This would work just as well as an outright shipping ban. Once the LEOs have to deal with the same reatrictions as the proles, the law will change.

JasonB1
07-02-16, 09:12
Manufacturers/Etc. would just have to do an inverse of how Colt dealt with NFA dealers who sold M16's to private buyers.
Catch someone selling prohibited items to the annointed and cut them off. Might not be fool proof, especially at first, but likely a couple of examples going under would quell enthusiasm. Should have been done the first time any antigun law was passed.

Brahmzy
07-02-16, 09:14
Does the NRA have any weight at the state level at all? They sure didn't do shit in CO here. I can see this BS coming our way in CO soon enough. First you disallow sales of mags beyond 15rds, but you grandfather. In 5 years, you then make felons out of those same law-abiding Americans by banning possession.
As I said many years ago, states will fall one by one without the need for anything at the fed level where the NRA has weight. CO will be next, and then they'll get to work on your state. You're an idiot if you think you're immune to this shit. The long game is the country as a whole. It'll take a few decades but it'll happen.
Folks in the firearms industry are too greedy to fight any of this. Money trumps principle every time. Sad, because money is the only thing, at this point, that could have a positive impact. In five years, 5-10 more states will be in the same position.
The America thing was an experiment that the founding fathers said would not last. We're watching it crumble at such an accelerated pace now. Truly sad. Best we can do is enjoy our freedoms while we still have them.

austinN4
07-02-16, 09:27
As I said many years ago, states will fall one by one................ CO will be next, and then they'll get to work on your state. You're an idiot if you think you're immune to this shit...................In five years, 5-10 more states will be in the same position.

Not sure how many will be in the same position in 5 years. Currently I think your number is high, but I believe there will be more. Overall, I generally agree with your post, especially the part in bold.

Biggy
07-02-16, 09:40
For now, one of the stupid ass California gun laws that does nothing but try to disarm law abiding citizens already has been worked around. Bless these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XedaFH6pC1o

Firefly
07-02-16, 09:43
Yeah I'll bring Lone Star, but Im drnking Pibb.

Anyways.....even if every major gun manufacturer Shut It Down, the police would simply use whatever from whoever would sell. They would tote Hi Points or Lorcins.

No matter what, they will be armed even if you aren't

JasonB1
07-02-16, 09:50
Does the NRA have any weight at the state level at all? They sure didn't do shit in CO here. I can see this BS coming our way in CO soon enough. First you disallow sales of mags beyond 15rds, but you grandfather. In 5 years, you then make felons out of those same law-abiding Americans by banning possession.
As I said many years ago, states will fall one by one without the need for anything at the fed level where the NRA has weight. CO will be next, and then they'll get to work on your state. You're an idiot if you think you're immune to this shit. The long game is the country as a whole. It'll take a few decades but it'll happen.
Folks in the firearms industry are too greedy to fight any of this. Money trumps principle every time. Sad, because money is the only thing, at this point, that could have a positive impact. In five years, 5-10 more states will be in the same position.
The America thing was an experiment that the founding fathers said would not last. We're watching it crumble at such an accelerated pace now. Truly sad. Best we can do is enjoy our freedoms while we still have them.

If you look at state groups, a frequent complaint is the NRA giving endorsements and money to candidates that are known anti-gunners and over riding the experience and work of the state groups.

Not entirely a money issue. Read an article last fall that government sales were about 35% of the firearms business post 9/11 and that was up from about 20% pre 9/11 which coincided with sales percentages of Glock pistols mentioned in a late 1990's Glock annual.

JasonB1
07-02-16, 09:54
Yeah I'll bring Lone Star, but Im drnking Pibb.

Anyways.....even if every major gun manufacturer Shut It Down, the police would simply use whatever from whoever would sell. They would tote Hi Points or Lorcins.

No matter what, they will be armed even if you aren't

That would be preferable to the current situation.

OH58D
07-02-16, 10:00
I used to visit cousins in San Diego in the 1970's, and that State was going mad back then. I recall a ban on cross bows back in the late '70's. I have been communicating with these family members and they anticipate a lot of low key non-compliance with these new laws. I have said this here many times; a lot of gun activities will be going underground, although a lot will register and comply.

My attention span is short this morning since I've only had two cups of coffee. What is the penalty for possessing a magazine over 30 rounds? Did I read it was a felony or misdemeanor? If the former they'd have me in prison for multiple life terms.

glocktogo
07-02-16, 10:14
One thing the local gun groups can do is pin down the CLEOs on whether they will enforce the laws. If they won't, support them and their officers. If they will, stop supporting them and treat them like every other protest group does, the enemy.

A lot of CLEOs in CO openly stated they wouldn't enforce chickenlooper's BS. That was a crucial component in ousting some anti-civil rights pols. Its time to put the heat on the enforcers.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-02-16, 10:17
I don't think I could ever find all my std cap magazines all around my house. A spare mag from a range day, a box of gun stuff here or there. I'd have to move and send everything thru a TSA scanner.

So when this next round of stupid laws doesn't have an effect, what then?

OH58D
07-02-16, 10:28
One thing the local gun groups can do is pin down the CLEOs on whether they will enforce the laws. If they won't, support them and their officers. If they will, stop supporting them and treat them like every other protest group does, the enemy.

A lot of CLEOs in CO openly stated they wouldn't enforce chickenlooper's BS. That was a crucial component in ousting some anti-civil rights pols. Its time to put the heat on the enforcers.

Yep, I know several gun owning families in Colorado and they have just ignored the 2013 law there. However, they do live in rural counties, and I'm sure the closer you get to Denver or Boulder, you probably would be more careful. I am not surprised Governor Lickenpooper (D) was re-elected since that State is filling up with California refugees. They ruin that State and when it gets too bad, the move to a new place and turn it into the Hell Hole they left behind. Human cancer in my opinion. Santa Fe here in the Land Of Enchantment is our closest example. Utah is becoming a haven for Californians as well.

austinN4
07-02-16, 10:29
I am not surprised Governor Lickenpooper (D) was re-elected since that State is filling up with California refugees. They ruin that State and when it gets too bad, the move to a new place and turn it into the Hell Hole they left behind. Human cancer in my opinion. Santa Fe here in the Land Of Enchantment is our closest example. Utah is becoming a haven for Californians as well.

And Texas.

glocktogo
07-02-16, 10:42
Yep, I know several gun owning families in Colorado and they have just ignored the 2013 law there. However, they do live in rural counties, and I'm sure the closer you get to Denver or Boulder, you probably would be more careful. I am not surprised Governor Lickenpooper (D) was re-elected since that State is filling up with California refugees. They ruin that State and when it gets too bad, the move to a new place and turn it into the Hell Hole they left behind. Human cancer in my opinion. Santa Fe here in the Land Of Enchantment is our closest example. Utah is becoming a haven for Californians as well.

At least in those rural counties, they can pretty safely disregard the law and not have to hide like a fugitive. As for the CA immigrants, they truly are a scourge, but there's no way to contain them. All you can do is go out of your way to make them aware that their CA ideals and expectations are NOT welcome outside CA. You can't ruin your state to the point you flee, then expect unruined states to welcome your intent to ruin theirs. :(

Bulletdog
07-02-16, 10:46
The moronic statements are in full force here again…

You hope CA falls into the ocean? Really. You want the state with more pro-gun allies than any other state in the whole country to disappear?

Stop selling guns and supplies to anyone in CA? What could make the gun banners happier? Woo hoo. Its their lucky day. Icing on their gun-banning cake. Thanks for suggesting we give that to them my "friends".

Stop selling to LEO and their departments? C'mon… Cops do what they wanna do and they will just go get what they need elsewhere. And what? Does anyone really think they are going to arrest each other for possession of standard capacity mags? The CA police force generally sees themselves in the same boat as the CA citizens. They know this stuff is wrong and against the Constitution. They don't like it any more than we do. Many of them are already quietly refusing to enforce this non-sense, and laws like those that just passed will push many more fence sitters over to our side.

All gun owners in CA should just pack up and leave? Nice fantasy. There are nearly 40 million people in this state. At least half or more are gun owners. Where are 20 million people supposed to go? That is more than double the entire populations of AZ, UT, and NV combined.

Take a deep breath and think this through fellas. Please. We are your brothers in arms. We are under attack by the liberal left that occupy two tiny little dots on the CA map. Don't forsake us all and throw us under that bus. This is just one more battle. The first of many more to come. You need us in this fight, just as we need you. This is the test kitchen for the BS they want to force on all of you next. The goal should be to stand united and shut this sh*t down here and now BEOFRE it spreads elsewhere. What could be better in such a fight than millions of like-minded allies behind enemy lines? If we can win here, we can stop this cancer from taking over the whole country. Now I don't pretend to know how we "win" here, but I can promise you that all of the suggestions made so far in this thread only help the gun banners. Don't let them divide and conquer us. Tell the libtards to FO. Send a message that if they mess with your CA gun owning friends, they mess with every gun owner in the whole country. Lets ALL tell them NO! No more anti-American, un-Constitutional, anti-freedom, illegal, tyrannical infringements upon OUR rights. CA is your state too. Take it back. Everyone of you has the right to come here to live, work or play. The weather is nice, low humidity, few bugs, lots of stuff to do… We've just been overrun by commies. You think they aren't working their way east? Anyone from CO or NV want to tell the group what's coming their way? This infringement should be wiped out EVERYWHERE in our country. Why on earth does anyone here want to concede huge areas of this battlefield to these A-holes? F that! Take back all the territory. Give them nothing. Drive them out or put them under. Whoever won any war by just saying "Oh okay…" and letting the enemy take over everything? CA is part of YOUR country. A very big part. Don't let these progressive commie f*cks take over YOUR country. They've been allowed to gain a strong foothold here, unfortunately, but only a moron would believe that they will stop here. They will never stop until WE stop them. We. That's you, me, all of us together. We either stop them here or we stop them on your front porch. Where would you prefer to fight this war?

Bulletdog
07-02-16, 10:47

Love this. Thank you for something constructive.

ABNAK
07-02-16, 10:48
At least in those rural counties, they can pretty safely disregard the law and not have to hide like a fugitive. As for the CA immigrants, they truly are a scourge, but there's no way to contain them. All you can do is go out of your way to make them aware that their CA ideals and expectations are NOT welcome outside CA. You can't ruin your state to the point you flee, then expect unruined states to welcome your intent to ruin theirs. :(

Locusts come to mind.

OH58D
07-02-16, 11:08
Then please be part of the solution in your own State and fix it, and it seems you're of the mentality to at least try. California has a nasty habit of exporting it's problem people. If you can't fix it there, we don't want them here. If you have 20 million gun owners, why haven't you voted out the problem politicians? Sound like a big voting block, but perhaps that 20 million contains a bunch of people who don't share your values?

One example is the tourist town of Moab, Utah. The town has been run for years by locals who kept the common sense values and rules which worked. Now Californians (and some from Colorado) have moved in, gotten on the school board, city council, Grand County commission and have introduced new rules which are ruining the place. Add to that new BLM rules which try to limit off road trails that have made the place a mecca for Jeep enthusiasts.

ABNAK
07-02-16, 11:13
Then please be part of the solution in your own State and fix it, and it seems you're of the mentality to at least try. California has a nasty habit of exporting it's problem people. If you can't fix it there, we don't want them here. If you have 20 million gun owners, why haven't you voted out the problem politicians? Sound like a big voting block, but perhaps that 20 million contains a bunch of people who don't share your values?

One example is the tourist town of Moab, Utah. The town has been run for years by locals who kept the common sense values and rules which worked. Now Californians (and some from Colorado) have moved in, gotten on the school board, city council, Grand County commission and have introduced new rules which are ruining the place. Add to that new BLM rules which try to limit off road trails that have made the place a mecca for Jeep enthusiasts.

Yeah, with the well known issues in Kali and the fact the lunatics run the asylum out there you can't blame folks elsewhere for suspicion if you leave Kali and move to their state. You WILL be eyed with suspicion, get over it. You're a minority in Kali. Prove the suspicions wrong if you do move to another state but please spare us the admonitions about raising an eyebrow to you when you first show up.

Jellybean
07-02-16, 11:17

Werd to yo momma.
(wait, are we still doing the East/West coast thing? ;) )
Couldn't have said it better.

....The America thing was an experiment that the founding fathers said would not last. We're watching it crumble at such an accelerated pace now. Truly sad. Best we can do is enjoy our freedoms while we still have them....

"Every day we're not at war is another day we get to sharpen our hatchets..."

That being said, "Freefor" is so fractured at this time, I wonder if we even had a lesser event like a "Texit" whether we could hold on to that....
Frankly, I think similar events are the future if you actually want to *keep* your freedom, not just enjoy it while it exists.
But unfortunately, either way, you're gonna end up needing a hatchet....

Not sure how many will be in the same position in 5 years. Currently I think your number is high, but I believe there will be more. Overall, I generally agree with your post, especially the part in bold.

Depending on the next POTUS, I'd say that number's probably pretty accurate....

26 Inf
07-02-16, 11:17
Once the LEOs have to deal with the same reatrictions as the proles, the law will change.

The mistake you are making is that you assume most police officers really care about what weapon they carry. Most just take what's given them.

Plus, the officers themselves are not the ones legislating this it is all the other goof balls. Probably a thousand non-cop citizens to one cop citizen ratio through out the state.

Fvck, Jerry Brown was so goofy in the 70's and 80's that he was one of Garry Trudeau's major targets in Doonesbury during the era. They elected him twice then, and then, almost 30 years later elected him again. Apparently the majority of the voters liked his 'Starship Earth' vibe.

The reality is that, unlike some of the smaller, individually owned firearms companies, the large publicly traded firearms companies are more concerned with their dividends than your rights.

Bulletdog
07-02-16, 11:39

I vote in every election. I've convinced dozens of people to see things our way. I take non-shooters to the range every chance I get, at my own expense, and several of them are now gun-collecting, class-taking, pro-gun voters. I always speak up about 2A issues, even when its costs me dearly. What else do you suggest? I'm your willing servant. Instruct me. I want to fix this problem, but I try and fail every day. Tell me how to succeed.

The politicians are fully corrupt. The system is rigged. Illegals are voting early and often. And frankly, people who see things my way feel helpless and hopeless. We vote and nothing happens. We have been unrepresented in our own state for decades. Many are simply biding their time and waiting for the "big fight" to start. No one wants to die or go to prison fighting a futile fight against "the man" by themselves, so we are all waiting for the spark that will touch off this giant explosive powder keg. The progressives keep kicking the powder-keg, but they haven't set it off yet. I honestly don't know what it will take, but they are pushing us ever closer to a horrible explosion.

I think all this business of blaming fleeing Californians for all the countries woes might be misguided. All the people I know that have fled are right thinking gun owners who consistently vote R. They ran away from their homes to escape leftist policies. I'm not so sure the cancer spreading all over the country can be blamed on the people fleeing communism in CA. From where I'm sitting, the media and politicians are spreading these lies and passing these laws all over the place. I know more than 20 people that have moved to other states, and NONE of them are voting for progressive laws. They are trying to escape commie rule, not bring it with them. I think incorrect assumptions have been made and the wrong scapegoat has been targeted.

JoshNC
07-02-16, 11:43
I wish every firearm manufacturer, distributor, etc would refuse to sell and service CA LE/gov. Pull a Ronnie Barrett.

glocktogo
07-02-16, 11:47
I vote in every election. I've convinced dozens of people to see things our way. I take non-shooters to the range every chance I get, at my own expense, and several of them are now gun-collecting, class-taking, pro-gun voters. I always speak up about 2A issues, even when its costs me dearly. What else do you suggest? I'm your willing servant. Instruct me. I want to fix this problem, but I try and fail every day. Tell me how to succeed.

The politicians are fully corrupt. The system is rigged. Illegals are voting early and often. And frankly, people who see things my way feel helpless and hopeless. We vote and nothing happens. We have been unrepresented in our own state for decades. Many are simply biding their time and waiting for the "big fight" to start. No one wants to die or go to prison fighting a futile fight against "the man" by themselves, so we are all waiting for the spark that will touch off this giant explosive powder keg. The progressives keep kicking the powder-keg, but they haven't set it off yet. I honestly don't know what it will take, but they are pushing us ever closer to a horrible explosion.

I think all this business of blaming fleeing Californians for all the countries woes might be misguided. All the people I know that have fled are right thinking gun owners who consistently vote R. They ran away from their homes to escape leftist policies. I'm not so sure the cancer spreading all over the country can be blamed on the people fleeing communism in CA. From where I'm sitting, the media and politicians are spreading these lies and passing these laws all over the place. I know more than 20 people that have moved to other states, and NONE of them are voting for progressive laws. They are trying to escape commie rule, not bring it with them. I think incorrect assumptions have been made and the wrong scapegoat has been targeted.

You can't fight corrupt people like Leland Yee. All you can do is dog them incessantly and expose them when you can. Without a tip from someone in airport LE or operations, or an FBO employee at Sky Harbor, we would've never known that Bill Clinton met with the AG off the books. That's how its done and that's the best you can do on that side of the equation.

JasonB1
07-02-16, 11:47

You hope CA falls into the ocean? Really. You want the state with more pro-gun allies than any other state in the whole country to disappear?

Stop selling guns and supplies to anyone in CA? What could make the gun banners happier? Woo hoo. Its their lucky day. Icing on their gun-banning cake. Thanks for suggesting we give that to them my "friends".

Stop selling to LEO and their departments? C'mon… Cops do what they wanna do and they will just go get what they need elsewhere. And what? Does anyone really think they are going to arrest each other for possession of standard capacity mags? The CA police force generally sees themselves in the same boat as the CA citizens. They know this stuff is wrong and against the Constitution. They don't like it any more than we do. Many of them are already quietly refusing to enforce this non-sense, and laws like those that just passed will push many more fence sitters over to our side.

All gun owners in CA should just pack up and leave? Nice fantasy. There are nearly 40 million people in this state. At least half or more are gun owners. Where are 20 million people supposed to go? That is more than double the entire populations of AZ, UT, and NV combined.

Take a deep breath and think this through fellas. Please. We are your brothers in arms. We are under attack by the liberal left that occupy two tiny little dots on the CA map. Don't forsake us all and throw us under that bus. This is just one more battle. The first of many more to come. You need us in this fight, just as we need you. This is the test kitchen for the BS they want to force on all of you next. The goal should be to stand united and shut this sh*t down here and now BEOFRE it spreads elsewhere. What could be better in such a fight than millions of like-minded allies behind enemy lines? If we can win here, we can stop this cancer from taking over the whole country. Now I don't pretend to know how we "win" here, but I can promise you that all of the suggestions made so far in this thread only help the gun banners. Don't let them divide and conquer us. Tell the libtards to FO. Send a message that if they mess with your CA gun owning friends, they mess with every gun owner in the whole country. Lets ALL tell them NO! No more anti-American, un-Constitutional, anti-freedom, illegal, tyrannical infringements upon OUR rights. CA is your state too. Take it back. Everyone of you has the right to come here to live, work or play. The weather is nice, low humidity, few bugs, lots of stuff to do… We've just been overrun by commies. You think they aren't working their way east? Anyone from CO or NV want to tell the group what's coming their way? This infringement should be wiped out EVERYWHERE in our country. Why on earth does anyone here want to concede huge areas of this battlefield to these A-holes? F that! Take back all the territory. Give them nothing. Drive them out or put them under. Whoever won any war by just saying "Oh okay…" and letting the enemy take over everything? CA is part of YOUR country. A very big part. Don't let these progressive commie f*cks take over YOUR country. They've been allowed to gain a strong foothold here, unfortunately, but only a moron would believe that they will stop here. They will never stop until WE stop them. We. That's you, me, all of us together. We either stop them here or we stop them on your front porch. Where would you prefer to fight this war?

Why would CA LE consider themselves in the same firearms boat as the general public? I read the news on LA gun control last fall and the LE groups were lobbying in favor of the infringements on the general public while lobbying for exemptions for LE, retired LE, and LE families.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gun-lock-concealed-weapons-20150626-story.html

26 Inf
07-02-16, 12:00

Folks in the firearms industry are too greedy to fight any of this. AGREED

I think we need to revisit some of the strides that have been made in the last couple of decades reference this as I said many years ago, states will fall one by one -

10 years ago how many Constitutional Carry states were there? Today?

30 years ago it was nearly impossible for the average citizen to get a concealed carry permit; how many states are 'shall issue' today?

In the last 6 months I've e-filed for 2 SBR's through my trust and purchased 2 suppressors - could you even do that 10 years ago? Sure I know that the trust thing is tightening up, but it is still there.

All in all, we've been walking gun rights forward. That's been getting notice around the world and, of course, here in America among the ultraleftists. Personally, I believe it is more of an ebb and flow deal, a small step back, and then two steps forward.

I know our main concerns are the black rifles, but damn, you get outside of Kali and other crazy areas, a lot of Liberal/Democrat gun owners have one. The behind the lines states need to take care of their problems at the polling places.

I totally agree, don't put our heads in the sand, but by the same token, the sky is not falling.

Hopefully Kalifornians won't be stupid enough to re-elect an 80 year-old Hippie as Governor and maybe a Republican can get the slot. How does Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin stack up?

ETA: I am aware of Reagan's and Ahnold's actions.

Bulletdog
07-02-16, 12:09
Why would CA LE consider themselves in the same firearms boat as the general public? I read the news on LA gun control last fall and the LE groups were lobbying in favor of the infringements on the general public while lobbying for exemptions for LE, retired LE, and LE families.

I can only speak about the individuals that I have personally talked to. I have friends and relatives in LE, and my profession puts me in constant contact with a variety of LEOs. Most of them are fed up with the lies, the corruption, the progressive agenda, the layers of unmanageable bureaucracy, etc… Many of them also feel like the public has turned against them. Sadly that is often true, because of the efforts of the media and the liberal left.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-02-16, 12:15
Could a pro 2A sheriff deputize people outside his jurisdiction and confer rights to them?

OH58D
07-02-16, 12:21
What we have seen in the rural West, beginning in the '90's and forward were the High Dollar Leftists and Limousine Liberals selling out of their over priced housing and affording to build twice the house they had in the Golden State, or buy up tracks of land and fencing it off. Their dollar bought a lot more in rural New Mexico and other places. Economically it made sense to escape that Progressive Nightmare. But what they have done is over built in rural areas where the economy wouldn't support it, demanding paved roads where there was only gravel, water and electric service where there was none, and have driven up property taxes, forcing the locals who have been there for generations out. Santa Fe, New Mexico is a classic example.

Out here in rural San Miguel County, we had one Californian buy up 5000 acres of range land, started construction on a huge house, and as an after thought drilled for water. He spent a ton of money on the well, and kept drilling and hit nothing. That land now sits vacant with the exception of this partially constructed monstrosity of a house. Californian has moved on to parts unknown. Total dumbass.

sevenhelmet
07-02-16, 12:26
@ Bulletdog: Thank you for your constructive posts!

This is a game-changer, but not a surprise- it's been coming for a while out here. Unfortunately, I can't afford to drop everything and move home to Texas. I've worked hard to build a military career which requires me to be out here for at least another 3-4 years. It's not as simple as "F it, I'm out." Even if I resigned today and got a lucrative job somewhere in TX, we'd still be taking a major financial hit. Even with this latest assault on the Constitution, my current exit strategy is still the best for my family, even though it will take time. You'd better believe I'll be out of here as soon as I can, and I will never own property in this state. For those who don't have to live here, you should know that Bulletdog is right- there are more gun supporters than most people would give CA credit for, especially in Southern CA and the Central Valley. There will be a backlash from this. The ones I feel badly for are the LGSs. They'll be taking it in the shorts here, after a short panic buy.

interfan
07-02-16, 12:37

While I agree with you to a degree, if I look at my own neighborhood, you're wrong. I live in a place that is about 90% ex-Californians. Out of that population, around 80% left to pursue economic freedom away from CA. That 80% is happy with the freedoms afforded by Nevada and do not want this area to become another CA. The problem is the other 20% who are very vocal and politically active to pursue a progressive agenda. They push themselves and their agenda on everyone else and do things like run for HOA boards, school boards, they are the parents that volunteer at private school; they are the people that approach the local politicians with their agenda. The other 80% isn't organized, and largely are not active. Through the inaction of the majority, the discrete minority views win.

That is why CA laws and politics are a wake up call for all of us. We need to take an active role in destroying the cancer before it grows in our communities. Get active. Take leadership positions and never give away your God given rights because you're "too busy".

glocktogo
07-02-16, 12:37

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gun-lock-concealed-weapons-20150626-story.html

You have to point out that non-LE citizens are more at risk from armed felons than LE are. That's an unassailable fact, borne out by statistics that aren't manipulated. Its in the raw data, not the analysis.

Once you've established that LE doesn't NEED a legal firepower edge moreso than law abiding non-LE citizens, point out that they're extorting special privilege from the legislative and executive in exchange for public support. You have to call it "special privilege", as their own statistics prove it isn't a "need". Once you've established that as fact, the next step is to partner with anti-LE protest groups and politicians that their special privilege is a huge part of their dissociative and dysfunctional relationship with the public. Sell it to them that eliminating the privilege will cause LE to have a better understanding of the issues faced by us.

Now that you have allies, you sell it hard as having multiple benefits for the community. Exploit incidents like the officers who nearly killed the two minority women in the blue Tacoma when the Dorner manhunt was underway. They were so irresponsible with all the crazy firepower their weapons of war provided, they were a far greater threat to the public than Dorner was. Point out that they're never that aggressive on threats to the public, but he was targeting them, which highlights how they value themselves than the pubic at large. Search out and profile LEOs on forums and social media when they say " going home at the end of the shift" is more important than civil rights or the law. These are all reasons it will benefit the community and the state to demilitarize law enforcement.

Now that you have a public forum for your social agenda, counter LE resistance by explaining that this will be beneficial for THEM! Let the public see you working to "help" LE repair its damaged relationship with the public, by breaking down the barriers that holding themselves out as deserving special privilege creates. Let the public see them fight for their special privilege and they'll hurt their own image in doing so.

Once all that's been done, its time to fight for a statewide referendum on "returning law enforcement to the people". You need a one shot elimination of every previously enshrined special exemption for law enforcement. Assault weapons, .50BMG, collapsible stocks, flash hiders, suppressors, SBR's, fullmauto and ANY mag over 10 rounds. Mr. & Mrs. Law Enforcement, turn them all in! The public benefits will outweigh any perceived benefit. It is after all, a common sense safety measure for innocent bystanders. They have to be held accountable for every round in their possession, for the common good!

That my friends is how you return the rank and file officer to the fold. Craven, self serving politicians long ago bought the fealty of our brothers and sisters in blue away from us. This is the only way to get it back in any appreciable manner. After all, they sided with the pols and didn't support your rights when you lost nearly everything they use on a daily basis in CA. Why would you be expected to support their special privilege over you?

BoringGuy45
07-02-16, 12:42
If only gun manufacturers did to CA what so many companies do to states that do anti-gay laws and refuse to do business with any governmental agency in the state. The problem is, the majority of the big gun manufacturers are companies first, and gun companies second. Many hail from countries that don't have gun rights, and the big ones here (Colt, S&W, etc) really couldn't care less about the civilian market so long as they have government contracts. I guaran****ingtee that these companies would loudly and actively back a "Turn-them-in-or-we'll-kill-you-and-your-entire-family-and-take-them," assault weapons ban if doing so meant a fat, expensive contract. The smaller companies who DO side with civilian shooters, unfortunately, don't make a big enough impact to be felt if they refused to sell to CA LE agencies.

glocktogo
07-02-16, 12:45
I can only speak about the individuals that I have personally talked to. I have friends and relatives in LE, and my profession puts me in constant contact with a variety of LEOs. Most of them are fed up with the lies, the corruption, the progressive agenda, the layers of unmanageable bureaucracy, etc… Many of them also feel like the public has turned against them. Sadly that is often true, because of the efforts of the media and the liberal left.

And you need to empathize with them as you work tirelessly to put them in your shoes. Trust me when I say they'll fight ten times harder for your rights when they're the exact same rights they're in danger of losing.

glocktogo
07-02-16, 12:48
If only gun manufacturers did to CA what so many companies do to states that do anti-gay laws and refuse to do business with any governmental agency in the state. The problem is, the majority of the big gun manufacturers are companies first, and gun companies second. Many hail from countries that don't have gun rights, and the big ones here (Colt, S&W, etc) really couldn't care less about the civilian market so long as they have government contracts. I guaran****ingtee that these companies would loudly and actively back a "Turn-them-in-or-we'll-kill-you-and-your-entire-family-and-take-them," assault weapons ban if doing so meant a fat, expensive contract. The smaller companies who DO side with civilian shooters, unfortunately, don't make a big enough impact to be felt if they refused to sell to CA LE agencies.

If every citizen bought a Barrett AR instead of a Colt, Sig or S&W AR, the message would be delivered. Would you rather enrich Ronnie Barrett, or a bunch of uncaring shareholders on Wall St?

JasonB1
07-02-16, 13:37

And despite all that, the laws continue to be enforced.

Outlander Systems
07-02-16, 13:41
When you ETS, TNG could probably use some career guys.

Just sayin.

3-years ain't that bad.

@ Bulletdog: Thank you for your constructive posts!

This is a game-changer, but not a surprise- it's been coming for a while out here. Unfortunately, I can't afford to drop everything and move home to Texas. I've worked hard to build a military career which requires me to be out here for at least another 3-4 years. It's not as simple as "F it, I'm out." Even if I resigned today and got a lucrative job somewhere in TX, we'd still be taking a major financial hit. Even with this latest assault on the Constitution, my current exit strategy is still the best for my family, even though it will take time. You'd better believe I'll be out of here as soon as I can, and I will never own property in this state. For those who don't have to live here, you should know that Bulletdog is right- there are more gun supporters than most people would give CA credit for, especially in Southern CA and the Central Valley. There will be a backlash from this. The ones I feel badly for are the LGSs. They'll be taking it in the shorts here, after a short panic buy.

RazorBurn
07-02-16, 13:43

Let me first state I sypathize with your loss of rights. How in the world someone can live there and watch their freedoms get constantly eroded and not leave blows my mind? Yes, me and a lot of other Americans wish Commiefornia would fall in the ocean and take your progressive leadership with them. It's always someone from California that's trying to take away our rights too, be it Pelosi, Feinstein, etc...

Your 20 million gun owning friends in your state sure are letting you down, and have been for years. Sure the progressives are your and my enemy, but it's YOUR state, and surely there are a hell of a lot of wolves in sheeps clothing among the 20 million gun owners. With that many gun owning citizens in California I would love for you to explain to us how in the world your state keeps taking away your rights? If the gun owning numbers are so good in California, how in the Sam Hill do you all allow this to happen? Sorry, but it appears to me that there are a lot of traitors in your 20 million gun owning Californians that are knowingly letting your rights get stripped. You all have a choice in California, but it isn't an easy one. You either have to stand up and fight for your rights, or your gonna have to GTFO to a state that protects your rights.

One thing for sure, the idiotic crap that comes out of California eventually rears it's head elsewhere. The progressives are gonna take and take and take until we can't take it anymore. It's their end game. I hope like hell the progressives end up losing that one. If not we'll all be showing our papers and marching ourselves to the workers camps.

lawusmc0844
07-02-16, 13:48
As someone born and raised in the Bay Area, this corrupt state can die for all I care. Back in February, I finally said enough and got my Nevada DL, Nevada Veteran license plates, and moved in with my buddy who is pro gun and a Marine as well. Used my temporary Nevada DL to purchase an Arsenal SLR107FR as my FU CA present to myself and I'm glad I did, as Arsenals supply seems to be dried up by now. I'm still in the Bay Area though only because of work but now I am about to give my two weeks notice in, I would love to work at gun store in the Vegas area as long as its not near the Strip.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-02-16, 13:52

You must in live in California....oh wait...you do. And thats okay! But your view on CA transplants is very misguided and quite frankly wrong! I am a Colorado Native, spent 4 years stationed at Camp Pendleton, so I get your pain. But, I watch time and time again as CA transplants come to my state only to turn it in to California jr.

Koshinn
07-02-16, 13:56
You must in live in California....oh wait...you do. And thats okay! But your view on CA transplants is very misguided and quite frankly wrong! I am a Colorado Native, spent 4 years stationed at Camp Pendleton, so I get your pain. But, I watch time and time again as CA transplants come to my state only to turn it in to California jr.

Build a wall around California and make Californians pay for it!

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-02-16, 14:01

No, build one around Colorado and stop letting white entitled middle aged people in.

MountainRaven
07-02-16, 14:02

California is the only state I can remember driving to/from where the state has checkpoints set up at the border - the state border.

austinN4
07-02-16, 14:05
http://elections.cdn.sos.ca.gov/ror/15day-presprim-2016/hist-reg-stats.pdf

According to this, there were 17.915 million registered voters in California 15 days before the May Primary.

Edited to add: this sounds low, checking the data............Nope, it is correct:

38.8 million people, of which 24.8 were eligible to vote, of which 17.9 million were registered to vote on May 23, 2016.

20 million gun owners sounds high to me based on the above as that is over 80% of people eligible to vote.

jpmuscle
07-02-16, 14:29
So since when did being a gun owner automatically qualify one as a person who "gets it"? That's not been my experience over the years.

Simply owning a gun does not a crusader of liberty one make.

JC5188
07-02-16, 14:30
AIM won't ship AR lowers to NJ even tho it's legal and they used to. They don't want to risk it. I get it. No one wants to loose their business. No hard feelings here at all.

What firearm manufacturers should do is not a total ban on shipping their guns to states like ours but to say that Police and other agencies operating in Ban states can only get the same weapons that citizens can. You want to issue your officers a G17, you can have one, but only with a 10 round mag. You want them all to have 6920's? Fine. Have one with a pinned stock, no bayo lug, no flash hider and a 10 round mag. Enjoy.

This would work just as well as an outright shipping ban. Once the LEOs have to deal with the same reatrictions as the proles, the law will change.

I understand your sentiment, but these retard pols think that they don't need guns, and that this will dry them up. So, they need to see the results of this idiocy full-on. If I don't need guns, then police don't need guns. I have a feeling that not too many cops would go for that stupidity, so maybe the politicians need to see it first hand in the form of increased violent crime. Due to not having any cops.

lawusmc0844
07-02-16, 14:41

I was born and raised in CA and I want to see this pathetic joke of a state fall into the ocean too. CA is a lost cause, overran by illegals controlled by their leftist 5th column slave masters in SF, Sac and LA. I am already a NV resident, only staying in CA for work but now about to move out for good. And I despise the DNC and their supporters aka puppets. CA gun owners that still vote for those that will take their guns away can stay there. I feel bad for those in free states that get infested by leftist CA carpetbaggers that bring their diseases with them. I have to let people know I'm not one of them. I'm sure the rest of America will be hospitable to non leftist CA escapees like Vegas has been for me.

Half of CA's population owns guns but even gov. moonbat brown (I won't capitalize, screw him) does too so what does that say about their voting patterns and political views?

I've personally met some cool CA cops as well. Even had 2 LAPD officers tell me and a buddy they they didn't care if we bought a retractable ASP baton when we were at a store. "You're Marines, we trust you." Thats cool and all but what if we were average joe civilians? "Mil/LE use only" right? Despite that I've read stories of CA cops turning on their own for using standard capacity mags in their personal non BB ARs. I nearly got caught using them out in the desert but fortunately the BLM Ranger was cool about it he never saw my mags, only AR with Rad-Lock screwed back in as I was about to leave. I really hope individual CA cops aren't enforcing these laws either but I can't trust any cop to not treat me like a ****ing domestic terrorist, violate my 4th Amendment rights and take me away in their cruiser just because I had a "11rd assault magazine of death" in my car or home they illegally searched.

Don't forget the police unions support these unconstitutional bills as long as they get special exemptions. It makes me sick when they are up in arms when a bill doesn't exempt them but the second it does they are happy and quiet.

CA gun owners need to collectively grow a pair of nuts first. Mass non-compliance is the first step. Stop following these unconstitutional laws and do not register or turn in anything. From what I've read on Calguns in the past, I've seen members there willing to call the cops on fellow shooters at a range just because they were using standard cap mags. They bitch about the laws yet still follow them like sheep and they will even discourage non-compliance SMH.
Ultimately violence is the only way to take CA back as the fags that control CA are deeply entrenched domestic enemies that I swore to defend the Constitution against, twice.

sandsunsurf
07-02-16, 14:47

Correct.

...That my friends is how you return the rank and file officer to the fold. Craven, self serving politicians long ago bought the fealty of our brothers and sisters in blue away from us. This is the only way to get it back in any appreciable manner. After all, they sided with the pols and didn't support your rights when you lost nearly everything they use on a daily basis in CA. Why would you be expected to support their special privilege over you?

Wrong. The vast majority of rank and file officers in the West want citizens to bear arms, and my bet is that most officers and deputies everywhere feel that way.

ETA:

And you need to empathize with them as you work tirelessly to put them in your shoes. Trust me when I say they'll fight ten times harder for your rights when they're the exact same rights they're in danger of losing.

This is correct.

I don't know the solution. I do know that I have no problem not selling to Cali citizens or police.

Also, I do see issues with Californians leaving and then trying to Californicate our city and state. A specific incident I remember is a Californian douchebag lawyer who bought a house next to large open space where people shoot and ride dirt bikes, then he constantly pushed the police department and city council to make it illegal. Why the f did he bother moving there??

Firefly
07-02-16, 14:52
Well....if there's anything non California people can do, I'd love to know what it is.

Bulletdog
07-02-16, 14:58
While I agree with you to a degree, if I look at my own neighborhood, you're wrong. I live in a place that is about 90% ex-Californians. Out of that population, around 80% left to pursue economic freedom away from CA. That 80% is happy with the freedoms afforded by Nevada and do not want this area to become another CA. The problem is the other 20% who are very vocal and politically active to pursue a progressive agenda. They push themselves and their agenda on everyone else and do things like run for HOA boards, school boards, they are the parents that volunteer at private school; they are the people that approach the local politicians with their agenda. The other 80% isn't organized, and largely are not active. Through the inaction of the majority, the discrete minority views win.

That is why CA laws and politics are a wake up call for all of us. We need to take an active role in destroying the cancer before it grows in our communities. Get active. Take leadership positions and never give away your God given rights because you're "too busy".

Thanks for posting this. I have no way of knowing what happens in the areas that these people move into. So in your area 80% of those who fled CA are good guys and the 20% vocal minority is calling the shots? That is just about how it happens here in CA too. 80% of us work for a living, and its the job of the other 20% to F things up for everyone else.

JC5188
07-02-16, 15:04

Honest question...if there are so many pro gun allies as to make it the #1 state in that regard, how'd you get a front row seat to this shit show?

interfan
07-02-16, 16:44
Thanks for posting this. I have no way of knowing what happens in the areas that these people move into. So in your area 80% of those who fled CA are good guys and the 20% vocal minority is calling the shots? That is just about how it happens here in CA too. 80% of us work for a living, and its the job of the other 20% to F things up for everyone else.

That is the problem. The 20% are organized, motivated, and active. The majority are too busy to be bothered, then wake up one day with the will of the 20% imposed on them. California is dominated by the Sodom and Gomorrah - Los Angeles and San Francisco. That is who is the problem and who is active and organized. If California wants to take back their rights, they need to mobilize against LA and SF.

26 Inf
07-02-16, 16:53
No, build one around Colorado and stop letting white entitled middle aged people in.

How about we just nuke Colorado so they let the rest of us us have our water?

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-02-16, 17:17

You mean 'our' water....

Don't ask me what I do everytime I go to the Colorado River headwaters in RMNP outside Grand Lake....

They say that on average we breath in and out one molecule of air that was in Jesus' last breath... Something like that for all the people of CA and a molecule of water...

Your Welcome.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-02-16, 17:18

Give me a heads up first and I'll move to Texas.

MountainRaven
07-02-16, 18:23

So because CO doesn't want to send you as much water as you wish they would, you want to poison the water that comes from CO with nuclear fallout?

GLHF.

militarymoron
07-02-16, 19:17
I don't really understand the logic in refusing to ship gun-related items to California even if legal. All that does is deprive gun owners in CA and as mentioned here earlier, give the gun-grabbers what they want. I'd think that the opposite would be a better strategy - flood the CA market, do everything possible to keep guns in the hands of CA residents.

jpmuscle
07-02-16, 19:41
I don't really understand the logic in refusing to ship gun-related items to California even if legal. All that does is deprive gun owners in CA and as mentioned here earlier, give the gun-grabbers what they want. I'd think that the opposite would be a better strategy - flood the CA market, do everything possible to keep guns in the hands of CA residents.
I'm down for some fast and furiousish work.

OH58D
07-02-16, 19:49
This sounds like a tactic we would use to help topple a 3rd World Banana Republic. In fact we have tried it and I was involved: Nicaragua 1984-1985. I guess California is taking on some of the aspects of these types of Nations. California has a population of 39 Million people with over 15 million Hispanics. While you're losing your guns out there, you're losing your American cultural identity as well. Before you know it, Spanish will be your primary language...."Entiendes"?

militarymoron
07-02-16, 20:30
This sounds like a tactic we would use to help topple a 3rd World Banana Republic.
I'm game :)
All kidding aside, maybe 'flood' wasn't the best choice of words, but what i meant was just keep the flow going of guns, parts and ammo into CA, and not restrict it more than the laws themselves do. Refusing to sell to CA just hurts the customers in CA, unless that refusal also includes LE and govt.

Firefly
07-02-16, 20:34
You know....thinking about it.

Mass non-compliance would be an effective tactic. You're felonizing millions of people. Millions of people to arrest, house, feed, provide healthcare, provide religious service, take their children to make wards of the state......

And that's the peaceful ones.

Then you're gonna get your airheaded police chiefs and state agencies to send a bunch of guys after people who may not go quietly.

That's funerals, post shoot investigations, survivor benefits, insurance, workman's comp, and people having to medically retire because they are crippled and shitting into a colostomy bag.

And a few heads will roll.....so there are more positions to fill. The rest would see the utter pointlessness and recall elections.

And what would you get? Would you be any safer?

They won't even go after known illegal alien gangsters or street thugs with active warrants.

So....why even comply?

Some may say "oh its just a gun...
I'd rather have a life".

But what about the other things to take. What if your King James gets declared hate speech? What if you can't own Faulkner or Twain?

Bear in mind porno is made in California and they, no joke, want people to wear condoms, gloves, and goggles.

Then it turns out that to move you have to pay an "absconding resident" tax.

It won't end. Not everybody is a hammerdyke wearing pretentious non-lens glasses demanding to be called "Xir".

So people stop trusting those who should be protecting them. Moreso now, than ever.

For every moral person who throws his badge away indisgust, there will be some amoral person to pick it up.

You know.....Clark Kent is the disguise.

But for the thousands of people who seek a means to subvert or gain status...to them, they think the uniform makes them Superman. But it becomes a costume. With diminished meaning.

Or something.

Interesting and unfortunate times lay ahead for the people who live in California.

It'd be interesting to see how itvpans out in the next ten years.

OH58D
07-02-16, 20:50

Mass non-compliance would be an effective tactic. You're felonizing millions of people. Millions of people to arrest, house, feed, provide healthcare, provide religious service, take their children to make wards of the state.....
I like it.....California recently had a prison overpopulation problem and they've been doing a lot of early releases. They can't handle a big influx of new "criminals".

Can you imagine a group of 10,000 or more average citizens at the State House in Sacramento on 1/1/2017 each holding a 30 round magazine in the air. It would sure get a lot of press, but they'd probably be attacked by people waiving Mexican flags yelling: "Make America Mexico again".

ColtSeavers
07-02-16, 20:57
I like it.....California recently had a prison overpopulation problem and they've been doing a lot of early releases. They can't handle a big influx of new "criminals".

Can you imagine a group of 10,000 or more average citizens at the State House in Sacramento on 1/1/2017 each holding a 30 round magazine in the air. It would sure get a lot of press, but they'd probably be attacked by people waiving Mexican flags yelling: "Make America Mexico again".

I read that as they would be attacked by dumbases with mexican flags yelling make America mexico again as those 10,000 people insert their loaded 30rd magazines into their ARs, charge the handle and flip the safety selector off safe. Not that I would advocate violence on an open internet gun forum mr alphabet soup agent reading this. :jester:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-02-16, 20:59
So because CO doesn't want to send you as much water as you wish they would, you want to poison the water that comes from CO with nuclear fallout?

GLHF.

Fj, feeling a little SJW this evening? :p

Firefly
07-02-16, 21:00
I read that as they would be attacked by dumbases with mexican flags yelling make America mexico again as those 10,000 people insert their loaded 30rd magazines into their ARs, charge the handle and flip the safety selector off safe. Not that I would advocate violence on an open internet gun forum mr alphabet soup agent reading this. :jester:

It's a bit morbid but if you're going to Hell, travel first class.

If the system means to eat you, make sure it chokes.

hatidua
07-02-16, 21:17
Surf & ski: same day.

OH58D
07-02-16, 21:47
Surf & ski: same day.
And ride dirt bikes in the desert....I did that with cousins in early to mid '70s in the western Imperial Valley near Anza Borrego State Park. Take a canteen of water, a sack lunch and hit the trails on a '75 Yamaha 400 Enduro. I was 15 years old at the time, no fear and no cares. Now that area is too crowded with people. When I wasn't riding the dirt in the desert, I'd be catching the wave at Sunset Cliffs, San Diego. Having cousins in southern California was nice back then; now they come here just to escape all the bullshit.

lawusmc0844
07-02-16, 22:09

Mass non-compliance would be an effective tactic. You're felonizing millions of people. Millions of people to arrest, house, feed, provide healthcare, provide religious service, take their children to make wards of the state......

Exactly what I've been doing since I lived in CA and owned ARs, and what I advocated for CA gun owners to do for years. Gun owners in NY and CT showed they still had a pair of nuts when they didn't comply, its time to CA to do the same.

Violence begets ****ing violence

26 Inf
07-02-16, 22:12

GLHF.

https://sawyer.com/products/sawyer-mini-filter/

Just making a reference to the ongoing water wars - you guys need to grab your share but let enough go to replenish downstream.

Firefly
07-02-16, 22:16
Do not, my friends, become addicted to water. It will take hold of you and you will resent its absence.

26 Inf
07-02-16, 22:24
I'm trying to do just that - trying to get the Diet Pepsi monkey off my back.

I love Fiji water, but a good single malt is cheaper, so I settle for Kroger's Spring Water, you know because Colorado steals all the water out of the Arkansas River.

Firefly
07-02-16, 22:29
I was trying to be like the guy from Fury Road. And Pepsi?!

Maaaan....You vex me at times, bro

jpmuscle
07-03-16, 00:38
Ewwwwww Pepsi..

SteyrAUG
07-03-16, 01:23
Ewwwwww Pepsi..

Seconded. In fact every Pepsi product seems to suck. If you are lucky they will have Mug Root Beer which is one of my least favorite root beers. Coke is the standard, Mr. Pibb and Dr. Pepper if I must, but if I'm really lucky they will have Fanta Birch Beer.

ColtSeavers
07-03-16, 01:46
Dr Pepper is my Mother's vice. A&W Cream Soda is my Father's. I got stuck with both as mine.

Really can't wait till people realize just how bad things are in Cali with the ammo restrictions alone, as that affects everyone that shoots (more than a box to sight in and another before whatever season).

Blstr88
07-03-16, 01:57
Exactly what I've been doing since I lived in CA and owned ARs, and what I advocated for CA gun owners to do for years. Gun owners in NY and CT showed they still had a pair of nuts when they didn't comply, its time to CA to do the same.

I hate to say it but not registering your AR then keeping it buried in the yard or hidden in a wall, never to be used isnt sticking it to them with non-compliance. Those millions of people who arent registering them need to continue USING them in classes and at gun ranges etc...each and every one willing to get tossed in jail for it. THATS non-compliance.

I work with a guy that lives in Cali and he said the same thing to me last night...he's gonna just hide it and never register it. Well ok, but unless hundreds of thousands of you are willing to suffer the consequences of this unjust law its not really true non-compliance.

I'm not saying if I were in your shoes I'd voluntarily risk ruining my life and everything Ive built to be non-compliant....just that that's what it'd take. Most people feel it's not worth ruining their life and the lives of their family to prove a point (which the .gov knows to be the case) - which is why we are where we are today.

jpmuscle
07-03-16, 02:09
I hate to say it but not registering your AR then keeping it buried in the yard or hidden in a wall, never to be used isnt sticking it to them with non-compliance. Those millions of people who arent registering them need to continue USING them in classes and at gun ranges etc...each and every one willing to get tossed in jail for it. THATS non-compliance.

I work with a guy that lives in Cali and he said the same thing to me last night...he's gonna just hide it and never register it. Well ok, but unless hundreds of thousands of you are willing to suffer the consequences of this unjust law its not really true non-compliance.

I'm not saying if I were in your shoes I'd voluntarily risk ruining my life and everything Ive built to be non-compliant....just that that's what it'd take. Unfortunately most people feel it's not worth ruining their life and the lives of their family to prove a point - which is why we are where we are.
Fwiw I'd love to see 10k of them March on the state capital with rifles slung in an act of disobedience and righteous defiance. Pressed khakis and Polos, looking sharp. Full capacity mags for everyone.

Moose-Knuckle
07-03-16, 05:32
https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7422/28054924585_63ae68004a.jpg

Then there is always this . . .

Calexit or Caleavefornia? Brexit lifts Golden State independence campaign

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/25/calexit-or-caleavefornia-brexit-lifts-california-i/

Outlander Systems
07-03-16, 08:04
The problem with us gun owners is that we're too busy working 40+ hours a week, and busting our humps to take time off to march.

What we need to do is get the NRA to cough up money, or do up a Kickstarter to pay deadbeats to protest on our behalf.

Do it like our overlords, and outsource protesting.

Fwiw I'd love to see 10k of them March on the state capital with rifles slung in an act of disobedience and righteous defiance. Pressed khakis and Polos, looking sharp. Full capacity mags for everyone.

austinN4
07-03-16, 09:18
Then there is always this . . .

Calexit or Caleavefornia? Brexit lifts Golden State independence campaign

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/25/calexit-or-caleavefornia-brexit-lifts-california-i/

Would never work unless you left LA, SF & Sac behind, but we don't want them in our country either.

samuse
07-03-16, 10:10
The problem with us gun owners is that we're too busy working 40+ hours a week, and busting our humps to take time off to march.

What we need to do is get the NRA to cough up money, or do up a Kickstarter to pay deadbeats to protest on our behalf.

The real problem is that we place too much on value those things. Waiting until you have nothing left to lose is waiting until it's too late, as 'they' have already taken everything. It's why the welfare class hoodlums will do as they please and live with the consequences. If we learned to not value our own lives, we could wage a respectable resistance.

sevenhelmet
07-03-16, 10:39
The real problem is that we place too much on value those things. Waiting until you have nothing left to lose is waiting until it's too late, as 'they' have already taken everything. It's why the welfare class hoodlums will do as they please and live with the consequences. If we learned to not value our own lives, we could wage a respectable resistance.

That's an interesting perspective, given that due regard for life is why many of us feel strongly about the right to self-defense. I'd counter-argue that if we didn't value our lives, there would be no reason to resist.

G19A3
07-03-16, 10:56

I'm not saying if I were in your shoes I'd voluntarily risk ruining my life and everything Ive built to be non-compliant....just that that's what it'd take. Most people feel it's not worth ruining their life and the lives of their family to prove a point (which the .gov knows to be the case) - which is why we are where we are today.

And THAT is why the FSA will win......they have nothing to lose, while we do. When it gets to the point we have nothing to lose.......the USA will look like Serbia/Croatia of the 1990's.

G19A3
07-03-16, 11:01
BTW...............With these recent developments in California, point by point......isn't New York still worse off than California in terms of AR's ?

PatrioticDisorder
07-03-16, 11:30

Good, let Cali go. Without Cali in the union, we have our country back (good luck winning the presidency D's).

JoshNC
07-03-16, 11:54
BTW...............With these recent developments in California, point by point......isn't New York still worse off than California in terms of AR's ?

I believe NY can still own detachable mag semiautos so long as they are featureless...i.e. no pistol grip, no threaded muzzle, and 10 round mag. So an ARES SCR lower (http://www.aresdefense.com/?page_id=729), Ruger mini-14, or m1awould be legal if no flash hider or if a muzzle brake was perm attached.

CA seems to ban all semiautos.

ABNAK
07-03-16, 12:25
And THAT is why the FSA will win......they have nothing to lose, while we do. When it gets to the point we have nothing to lose.......the USA will look like Serbia/Croatia of the 1990's.

I'm slowly warming up to that idea. Not completely there yet, but headed that way in my acceptance of it. If the choice is everyone lives under the socialist/totalitarian rule the libtards would like to impose or go our separate ways then sign me up for the New America! Let the Old Amerika rot on the vine, which Kali is a microcosm of.

lawusmc0844
07-03-16, 13:39

No, I never said to not register and just hide them. I meant CA gun owners need to collectively grow some nuts and willfully violate the laws and be willing to fight, even if it means getting locked up. Thats what I did and I had friends, fellow Marines, civ and even LE, did the same. However my general consensus from skimming over calguns forums from time to time is that they are pussies.

As a reminder Im a NV resident, working in CA but that is going to change real soon. All I have with me here are 2 Glock 19s, all my fun non-compliant stuff is back in Vegas waiting for me to come home.

MountainRaven
07-03-16, 14:22
No, I never said to not register and just hide them. I meant CA gun owners need to collectively grow some nuts and willfully violate the laws and be willing to fight, even if it means getting locked up. Thats what I did and I had friends, fellow Marines, civ and even LE, did the same. However my general consensus from skimming over calguns forums from time to time is that they are pussies.

As a reminder Im a NV resident, working in CA but that is going to change real soon. All I have with me here are 2 Glock 19s, all my fun non-compliant stuff is back in Vegas waiting for me to come home.

I have a former roommate, born and raised in Montana, been friends since high school. We used to talk for hours about fighting the Russians, Canadians, Chinese or whoever Red Dawn style. Had a Noveske AR, a fish-gill RTF2 G19, S&W 327 TRR8, and a thousand meter-plus bolt action 308, in addition to the usual bird gun, prairie dog gun, and big game rifle.

A couple years ago, he moved to California for work. We don't talk that often any more, except I know that he isn't hunting any more, hasn't hunted since he left Montana - and he loved hunting. He filled his tags every year; deer, elk, and antelope. His college graduation present was a moose hunt in Canada. Sent him a text Friday about the new gun laws in California. Completely news to him. And...

He doesn't care. Not about the assault weapons thing. Not about having to buy a permit to buy ammo. Just... "Well, I guess I'll have to buy an ammo permit, then."

I mean, I'm sure that he's happy. It just seems to me that California ruined him. And he sure as hell doesn't care enough (any more) to risk being put in prison to protect a right that he formerly seemed to love and enjoy so much.

Dienekes
07-03-16, 15:18
"For every moral person who throws his badge away indisgust, there will be some amoral person to pick it up."

Oh, crap--the stuff of nightmares.

How DO you tell the cop wearing dark glasses as he drives by that understands and supports the Republic from the one who would willingly stuff you into a boxcar if he was ordered to do so? Hint: recent historical experience within my lifetime does not make me optimistic.

Orders are orders, after all.

cbx
07-03-16, 16:15
Because money > morals.
This. Almost always. Seems like everyone's morals stops at the pocket book.

Bulletdog
07-03-16, 16:21
I was born and raised in CA and I want to see this pathetic joke of a state fall into the ocean too.

This is a great state, and the majority of the people are the same as any other state, if you avoid San Fran and L.A.

How about if you publicly hope that the anti-gun politicians and your favorite assortment of weirdos fall into the ocean, and leave the rest of us alone? Would that be okay?

cbx
07-03-16, 16:22
I wish every firearm manufacturer, distributor, etc would refuse to sell and service CA LE/gov. Pull a Ronnie Barrett.
Me too. Really simple policy to implement.

JC5188
07-03-16, 16:44
This is a great state, and the majority of the people are the same as any other state, if you avoid San Fran and L.A.

How about if you publicly hope that the anti-gun politicians and your favorite assortment of weirdos fall into the ocean, and leave the rest of us alone? Would that be okay?

Nobody's after you, Dog. Just speaking metaphorically. Half my family is from there, and quite frankly most of them are your problem.

I don't know how you fix it, but you damned sure need to.

Outlander Systems
07-03-16, 17:10
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams

This. Almost always. Seems like everyone's morals stops at the pocket book.

RazorBurn
07-03-16, 17:48
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

Samuel Adams

That right there boys says it all, and we all need to take heed to what's happened in California, Connecticut, New York, Colorado, New Jersey, Maryland, Hawaii, etc... The list just keeps getting longer and longer. A lot will say the words, but when push comes to shove it will be just a few patriots like it was in the 1770's to get things started.

BrigandTwoFour
07-03-16, 18:40
I believe NY can still own detachable mag semiautos so long as they are featureless...i.e. no pistol grip, no threaded muzzle, and 10 round mag. So an ARES SCR lower (http://www.aresdefense.com/?page_id=729), Ruger mini-14, or m1awould be legal if no flash hider or if a muzzle brake was perm attached.

CA seems to ban all semiautos.

Not true, featureless builds appear to still be fine. M1As, Garands, Mini-14s, and even some models of SKS will still be legal so long as they don't have any of the "evil" features like flash hiders, pistol grips, telescoping stocks, or forward pistol grip. The bill that was signed, SB 880, changed the definition of "detachable magazine." The old definition said a detachable magazine was one that could not be removed "without the use of a tool" (such as the tip of a bullet). The new one redefines it to say that a detachable magazine is one that can be removed "without disassembly of the action."

As before, to be considered an assault weapon, a rifle must be a semiautomatic centerfire rifle using detachable magazines and possessing one other evil feature. To comply, either the rifle must no longer have a detachable magazine (what the old bullet button did), or must not have any other evil features.

sevenhelmet
07-03-16, 18:57
Since the unconstitutional CA legislation hasn't taken effect yet, I ordered my next 6 months' worth of ammo online in protest. For future supply, Nevada and Arizona are just a car ride away. Happy Independence Day.

Exiledviking
07-03-16, 19:35
I meant CA gun owners need to collectively grow some nuts and willfully violate the laws and be willing to fight, even if it means getting locked up. Thats what I did and I had friends, fellow Marines, civ and even LE, did the same. However my general consensus from skimming over calguns forums from time to time is that they are pussies.

So, if I'm reading this correctly you live in California and you say that CA gun owners are pussies, need to grow a pair, and be willing to fight even if it means getting locked up, yet in the last paragraph you state that all of your non-compliant stuff is Vegas?

tb-av
07-03-16, 19:56
I just got an email notice that indicates ......

2nd Amendment Rally in LA
La Palma Park
7/23/2016 1:00PM - 4:00PM ( EDT )

added by - senorlechero

The email came from lightfighter forum

I don;t know any other details so due your own research. Might be something for CA people to keep tabs on and get more of them happening.

SteyrAUG
07-03-16, 20:36
So, if I'm reading this correctly you live in California and you say that CA gun owners need to grow a pair and be willing to fight even if it means getting locked up, yet in the last paragraph you state that all of your non-compliant stuff is Vegas?

It's pretty easy to tell somebody else to be a martyr and sacrifice for the greater good. Why can't all the commmies flock to someplace already screwed up like Michigan. CA really is a beautiful state that was once free.

sevenhelmet
07-03-16, 20:56
It's pretty easy to tell somebody else to be a martyr and sacrifice for the greater good. Why can't all the commmies flock to someplace already screwed up like Michigan. CA really is a beautiful state that was once free.

It's easier for some folks to cut and run. It's when you actually have to stay and fight through the BS that things get interesting.

CA has so much wasted potential it's staggering. It's not hard to see how it became the most populous state- but it's frustrating to watch the political, legislative, and social decline. It's like an accelerated (for now) version of what's happening on the national level. The "cut and run" strategy will only work for as long as the majority of states remain free. I worry that by the time I have the option of leaving, most of the union will be as screwed up as this place is.

FlyingHunter
07-03-16, 20:56
Freedom is being Kalifornicated.

militarymoron
07-03-16, 21:17
No, I never said to not register and just hide them. I meant CA gun owners need to collectively grow some nuts and willfully violate the laws and be willing to fight, even if it means getting locked up.

Be more specific. What do you mean by 'fight'? So, you get locked up and charged with possession of an illegal firearm. What do you do then? How does the fight start? Lawyer up? With what money? What do your wife and kids do in the meantime, now that you're in jail, lost your job and security clearance etc? Plus, being a felon, you can't buy any more guns.

Can you show by example? For instance, I think that the NFA law covering SBRs (short barreled rifles) doesn't make much sense. Can you please start sticking your pistol uppers on your rifle lowers and flaunting them at the range?

Bulletdog
07-03-16, 21:33
That right there boys says it all, and we all need to take heed to what's happened in California, Connecticut, New York, Colorado, New Jersey, Maryland, Hawaii, etc... The list just keeps getting longer and longer. A lot will say the words, but when push comes to shove it will be just a few patriots like it was in the 1770's to get things started.

I think you are right. I know a ton of people chomping at the bit to get to it…….. as soon as somebody else gets the ball rolling. Nobody wants to be the first to stick their neck out.

Bulletdog
07-03-16, 21:35
Be more specific. What do you mean by 'fight'? So, you get locked up and charged with possession of an illegal firearm. What do you do then? How does the fight start? Lawyer up? With what money? What do your wife and kids do in the meantime, now that you're in jail, lost your job and security clearance etc? Plus, being a felon, you can't buy any more guns.

Can you show by example? For instance, I think that the NFA law covering SBRs (short barreled rifles) doesn't make much sense. Can you please start sticking your pistol uppers on your rifle lowers and flaunting them at the range?

Your point is taken and its a good one. Now, what should we all be doing? How do we stop this madness? What methods do you see that are effective and sensible for people with families and jobs?

SomeOtherGuy
07-03-16, 22:02

That's a funny comparison, because on the gun side Michigan is steadily improving. It was borderline oppressive in the 90's, but since then we've managed to obtain shall-issue CCW, a reduction in the handgun purchase and registration requirements, better laws on self-defense, state preemption of local gun laws, social acceptance of concealed carry (outside of Ann Arbor, a liberal crazy place), legalization of machineguns, suppressors and SBRs (assuming NFA compliance), etc. We still have some nuisance laws including the requirement of handgun registration, but at least we're moving in the right direction politically, and have been doing so through (and largely despite) three different governors and see-saw party control in the legislature.

Like many states, Michigan is moderately conservative with one huge liberal city. Unlike Illinois or New York, that city doesn't manage to dominate politics.

Not trying to make a thread veer, just defending my home state.

tb-av
07-03-16, 22:04
Your point is taken and its a good one. Now, what should we all be doing? How do we stop this madness? What methods do you see that are effective and sensible for people with families and jobs?

Do what Liberals do. We sort of remind me now of the British in Revolutionary War. They march out in formation to have their way and get mowed down from the tree line. WE need to do what they do. It's time to be the squeaky wheel. The entire country should be calling for Brown's head on a platter in a social media shit storm. Of all weeks, the 4th of July.

There should be organization. Say for instance everyone in the County flood CA government offices with phone calls at a certain time of day. That -should- be easy since everyone is in an earlier time zone. All it takes is a list of government offices in CA posted on social media. Pick a day and a time. All 2A supporters across America call CA. Hire a PR team. It's ironic that LA is the media capital of the USA and yet no one knows how to get the message out.

I'll tell you what someone told me about advertising. She said it only works if it's constantly repeated. It's time for nationwide squeaky wheel advertising and letting -all- sectors of government across -all- of CA know they can't continue to ruin America on a political whim.

SomeOtherGuy
07-03-16, 22:09

To state the obvious, this or any other forum isn't the place to discuss or think about any illegal actions.

For the vast majority of us with family and jobs, I think your list of things worth doing might include:
-being a member of whichever national organizations you support (NRA, GOA, etc.)
-being a member of your state organization. I know California has an active state lobbying organization and it wasn't enough here, but that's no excuse not to support one. Things would be worse still without a state-level lobbying organization.
-supporting lawsuits and defense funds when it makes sense. I'm not talking about something worthless like the Malheur Refuge standoff, but there are several reputable national groups that focus on the litigation side for carefully chosen cases where the law might be changed for the better.
-writing letters or calling legislators. Yeah, there's a lot of brush-off, but it's still worth doing.
-talking to friends, relatives and anyone you feel comfortable talking to about RKBA issues. I know a lot of people who assume all gun owners are "gun nuts" but many of them can actually be talked to if you approach in a calm and rational manner. (There are also SJW types who a lost cause, and they will usually be obvious.)

One thing I wouldn't bother with is attending political rallies. I spent much of my life in the state capitol, had friends and relatives working as staff in the legislature, and worked for a law firm that had registered lobbyists, and I never once heard anyone even claim that a political rally affected the legislature's vote. The same amount of time is far better spent on writing letters or supporting the above organizations. Saturday morning rallies are just a sideshow pressure-relief valve for people to gather and be soundly ignored.

SteveS
07-03-16, 22:49
I would be willing to wager that the majority of California gun owners voted for Governor Moonbeam Jerry Jr.. Jerry Jr. already was known as a terrible governor a failure yet the California voters re re elected him. The politicians realize the voters are mostly the stupid voters.

RazorBurn
07-03-16, 23:17
To state the obvious, this or any other forum isn't the place to discuss or think about any illegal actions.

For the vast majority of us with family and jobs, I think your list of things worth doing might include:
-being a member of whichever national organizations you support (NRA, GOA, etc.)
-being a member of your state organization. I know California has an active state lobbying organization and it wasn't enough here, but that's no excuse not to support one. Things would be worse still without a state-level lobbying organization.
-supporting lawsuits and defense funds when it makes sense. I'm not talking about something worthless like the Malheur Refuge standoff, but there are several reputable national groups that focus on the litigation side for carefully chosen cases where the law might be changed for the better.
-writing letters or calling legislators. Yeah, there's a lot of brush-off, but it's still worth doing.
-talking to friends, relatives and anyone you feel comfortable talking to about RKBA issues. I know a lot of people who assume all gun owners are "gun nuts" but many of them can actually be talked to if you approach in a calm and rational manner. (There are also SJW types who a lost cause, and they will usually be obvious.)

One thing I wouldn't bother with is attending political rallies. I spent much of my life in the state capitol, had friends and relatives working as staff in the legislature, and worked for a law firm that had registered lobbyists, and I never once heard anyone even claim that a political rally affected the legislature's vote. The same amount of time is far better spent on writing letters or supporting the above organizations. Saturday morning rallies are just a sideshow pressure-relief valve for people to gather and be soundly ignored.

Do what Liberals do. We sort of remind me now of the British in Revolutionary War. They march out in formation to have their way and get mowed down from the tree line. WE need to do what they do. It's time to be the squeaky wheel. The entire country should be calling for Brown's head on a platter in a social media shit storm. Of all weeks, the 4th of July.

There should be organization. Say for instance everyone in the County flood CA government offices with phone calls at a certain time of day. That -should- be easy since everyone is in an earlier time zone. All it takes is a list of government offices in CA posted on social media. Pick a day and a time. All 2A supporters across America call CA. Hire a PR team. It's ironic that LA is the media capital of the USA and yet no one knows how to get the message out.

I'll tell you what someone told me about advertising. She said it only works if it's constantly repeated. It's time for nationwide squeaky wheel advertising and letting -all- sectors of government across -all- of CA know they can't continue to ruin America on a political whim.

These two guys are spot on! This is what it takes, and non-stop. My wife laughs at me because I e-mail my state and federal representatives every two months on everything ranging from ISIS, to Putin, to Syria, to gun control, to Clinton needing prosecuted, and so forth. We need to organize better than progressives do, so we can knock them off their high horse.

It's good to see the person from Michigan post about how things are getting better there, and it's been nice to see a lot of states in the past few years really making strides for gun owners. I'd love to see California gun owners take a day or a week off to protest at their state capital or county seat. My perception is that many of the gun owners in California don't have the same agenda, which should be IMHO "not one more inch". I agree, the NRA and others could do more advertising, and education, but the libtards just ignore it anyway. You can't even have a civilized conversation with a progressive because once facts come out all they can do is start name calling.

interfan
07-04-16, 00:21
I would be willing to wager that the majority of California gun owners voted for Governor Moonbeam Jerry Jr.. Jerry Jr. already was known as a terrible governor a failure yet the California voters re re elected him. The politicians realize the voters are mostly the stupid voters.

Go on calguns and you'll see you're right. California gun owners: "I vote democrat cuz I love free stuff, but I don't agree with anti2a..." Dipshits. They are their own worst enemy. If I won the lotto, I would hire 1000 jacobys to sue the shit out of CA, CT, NY, NJ, etc. I would devote 100% of it because money talks.

SteyrAUG
07-04-16, 00:37
That's a funny comparison, because on the gun side Michigan is steadily improving. It was borderline oppressive in the 90's, but since then we've managed to obtain shall-issue CCW, a reduction in the handgun purchase and registration requirements, better laws on self-defense, state preemption of local gun laws, social acceptance of concealed carry (outside of Ann Arbor, a liberal crazy place), legalization of machineguns, suppressors and SBRs (assuming NFA compliance), etc. We still have some nuisance laws including the requirement of handgun registration, but at least we're moving in the right direction politically, and have been doing so through (and largely despite) three different governors and see-saw party control in the legislature.

Like many states, Michigan is moderately conservative with one huge liberal city. Unlike Illinois or New York, that city doesn't manage to dominate politics.

Not trying to make a thread veer, just defending my home state.

First, I'm honestly happy that Michigan has made strides in firearms freedoms with respect to CCW and NFA stuff. Hope you guys keep at it and retake what you were supposed to be born with.

Second, my comment about Michigan was mostly a joke along the lines of "Send him to Detroit." Of course given annual fires, mudslides and earthquakes maybe "California is the place they ought to be."

docsherm
07-04-16, 01:03
First, I'm honestly happy that Michigan has made strides in firearms freedoms with respect to CCW and NFA stuff. Hope you guys keep at it and retake what you were supposed to be born with.

Second, my comment about Michigan was mostly a joke along the lines of "Send him to Detroit." Of course given annual fires, mudslides and earthquakes maybe "California is the place they ought to be."

Or make them drink the water in Flint......... ;)

JC5188
07-04-16, 02:47
I think you are right. I know a ton of people chomping at the bit to get to it…….. as soon as somebody else gets the ball rolling. Nobody wants to be the first to stick their neck out.

Yup. It begins with the Boston Massacre. Nobody wants to be the modern day Crispus Attucks.

I damned sure don't.

Exiledviking
07-04-16, 05:44
A great video explaining the BS by a California LEO. Note the veto of a bill that would actually affect the criminals.

https://blog.full30.com/gunpocalypse-now/

The_War_Wagon
07-04-16, 08:11
I should run guns for a living. Way more lucrative I'd say.

Allowed Eric Holder to take early retirement! :rolleyes:

SomeOtherGuy
07-04-16, 09:49

You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g09GtnWdBjc

I still wouldn't choose to live in Detroit, but it's actually getting better now, after about 50 years of decline. More importantly, it simply doesn't dominate state politics the way that Chicago does for Illinois, or NYC does for NY. More like St. Louis in Missouri, or Charlotte in NC - a major player, but not the only game in town.

Anyway...

Or make them drink the water in Flint......... ;)

:) But another massively overblown issue. I'll limit the thread veer but simply state almost everything in the national media regarding Flint has been false or blown to 1000 times reality. We have a very effective, very moderate Republican governor and they've been trying to find a way to derail him. This is the best they could do. There are dozens of other large cities with equal or greater water quality problems, all of them run by Democrats.

More on topic, the takeaway is that Michigan was a pretty bad legal environment for several decades. For just one example, prior to "shall-issue" it was almost impossible get a CPL unless you were a retired/former police officer or extremely wealthy. Much like NYC today. Now it's closer to what you'd expect in Arizona or Idaho, and there's a chance we'll get constitutional carry in the near future. All this (and more!) brought to you by several state-based groups working hard to improve the legal climate in this state. And that's what I would recommend to anyone who isn't planning to move to Idaho or Alaska - support or form a credible state RKBA group.

Alex V
07-04-16, 10:04
For just one example, prior to "shall-issue" it was almost impossible get a CPL unless you were a retired/former police officer or extremely wealthy. Much like NYC today.

Slightly false. NJ yes. Not unless you are active or retired LEO but in NY in order to purchase a handgun you have to get a CCW Permit. They take months but you do get it. If you live in the 5 boroughs or Long Island the PD will "Adminsitrativly Restrict" the license for carry to and from the range. Most people up state don't have reatrictions but they can't carry in the 5 boroughs or LI. It sucks but having a CCW from your home state makes it way easier to get not resident permits unlike NJ which will never issue a prole a permit.

My friend lives on Long Island. Drove to PA and got a PA non resident permit in 30minutes. I can't do the same. Then again, I can have a normal looking AR and 5 more rounds. Wooohoo! Barf.

lawusmc0844
07-04-16, 12:43
So, if I'm reading this correctly you live in California and you say that CA gun owners are pussies, need to grow a pair, and be willing to fight even if it means getting locked up, yet in the last paragraph you state that all of your non-compliant stuff is Vegas?

I've already been in the process of moving without using a UHaul. I moved most of my fun stuff out first mainly for weight purposes, since I don't want to use a UHaul. Im about to move out for good in a few weeks and don't want my own car weighed down. I still got some fun stuff here don't worry about that.

I've stayed and fought in CA for a long time but realized its a lost cause to stay here. Its even worse when some of my gun owning friends and family weren't even ****ing aware about these bills that just passed. They try to get me to go fishing all the time but they don't share the same enthusiasm when I try to get them to go to the range with me. Not to mention just about everything in NV I noticed is cheaper, and people tend to be nicer as well from what I noticed, I don't hang around the strip.

sevenhelmet
07-04-16, 12:59
People are definitely nicer outside of CA. I live in one of the nicest towns out here, but it's still amazing to go back to Texas- folks are just much more willing to do nice things for one another and strike up a conversation.

My kind of place, TX... not this socialist paradise.

nml
07-04-16, 16:15
Anyone familiar with Cali sentencing guidelines with the new bills?

My friend goes to the range and shoots paper with a suppressed SBR (both Nevada registered) and standard 30rd gi mags. How many "felonies" did he commit with this heinous act? They throw the book at him, what is his max prison sentence for bearing an arm?

JoshNC
07-04-16, 16:27

My friend goes to the range and shoots paper with a suppressed SBR (both Nevada registered) and standard 30rd gi mags. How many "felonies" did he commit with this heinous act? They throw the book at him, what is his max prison sentence for bearing an arm?

What?! He takes a sbr and suppressor from NV and shoots them in CA? That is so stupid.

Koshinn
07-04-16, 18:13

Transporting a sbr across state lines without notifying the atf is a federal crime.

Then the state crimes of mags, suppressor, sbr, assault rifle... he will probably be executed twice along with his entire family line and his little dog too.

SomeOtherGuy
07-04-16, 18:27

Assuming he was otherwise law-abiding, employed, no prior record - I'm thinking 30 years to life, no parole.

If he is a gangbanger who has a record of armed robbery and attempted murder - probably a few weeks in jail, credit for time served. Of course that person wouldn't have a registered SBR or suppressor anyway.

Yeah, this sounds absurd. You've seen the graphic going around of the gangbanger who committed 55 felonies (gun running, etc.) and got zero jail time? And you know about the prosecutions of people who illegally make NFA-regulated items, but don't commit any other crimes or actually hurt anyone?

Outlander Systems
07-04-16, 20:05
Get your ass to Jawja.

We are the "Guns EVERYWHERE" state.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/23/georgia-gun-law/8046315/

When this was making the rounds, I remember the antis were out in force like the state would turn into a war zone.

Slightly false. NJ yes. Not unless you are active or retired LEO but in NY in order to purchase a handgun you have to get a CCW Permit. They take months but you do get it. If you live in the 5 boroughs or Long Island the PD will "Adminsitrativly Restrict" the license for carry to and from the range. Most people up state don't have reatrictions but they can't carry in the 5 boroughs or LI. It sucks but having a CCW from your home state makes it way easier to get not resident permits unlike NJ which will never issue a prole a permit.

My friend lives on Long Island. Drove to PA and got a PA non resident permit in 30minutes. I can't do the same. Then again, I can have a normal looking AR and 5 more rounds. Wooohoo! Barf.

newyork
07-04-16, 21:19
http://threepercenternation.com/2016/07/california-senate-votes-28-8-to-exempt-itself-from-california-gun-laws/

The California state Senate voted 28-8 Wednesday to exempt itself from the pointless gun-control laws that apply to the rest of the populace. Legislators apparently think that they are only worthy to carry for personal protection, and the “little people” must wait until the police arrive.

This is just one of many bills Golden State politicians used this legislative session to set themselves apart from the little people, the ones who pay their inflated salaries. Annual compensation for legislators averages about $140,000, not counting luxurious perks such as taxpayer-funded cars and free gasoline. By comparison, the average Californian earns $50,000 a year, and the unemployment rate is 11.9 percent – far above the national average. Exact salaries for state assemblymen and senators are obscured by the use of a “per diem” payment scheme that shelters a significant chunk of income from taxation.

cbx
07-04-16, 21:23
Get your ass to Jawja.

We are the "Guns EVERYWHERE" state.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/23/georgia-gun-law/8046315/

When this was making the rounds, I remember the antis were out in force like the state would turn into a war zone.
That's fricking awesome and makes my pants tight.

We just started permitless ccw here. Still need a permit to ccw in a motor vehicle.

Now if we can just just get suppressors and sbrs off the nfa life would be good.

They can even keep machine guns on the nfa for all I care. That would make the antis happy, and still preserve the gonzo amounts of money spent by the collectors intact.

TacMedic556
07-04-16, 21:36
As they say, "As California goes, so goes the nation".

TomMcC
07-04-16, 21:49
They actually did this in 2011. They're just grossly evil people doing what grossly evil people do.

Firefly
07-04-16, 22:35
If you're willing to exempt yourself from something, it means you don't believe in it

rero360
07-04-16, 22:47
Don't call attention to yourself with the flying skull & crossbones, just plan for a secret compartment in you car/truck and enjoy the drive to the Grand Canyon State to obtain your contraband. Whether it's running guns, ammo or corn liquor, Americans are a resourceful bunch. It's prohibition all over again and we have a colorful history of circumventing the tyranny. Get with the program and make preparations for your pipeline of needed firearms related items.

Just got back on the Comp.

No worries, not going to be literally hoisting the Jolly Roger, more of a mindset. I'm not going to comply, but I am going to continue to buy stuff out of state and bring it back, I'll just be bringing back more stuff now, thank god for connections in neighboring states.

RazorBurn
07-04-16, 23:55

If your friend is taking what you posted above to California from Nevada then he is a friggin' idiot begging to be made an example of.

MountainRaven
07-05-16, 00:24
If you're willing to exempt yourself from something, it means you don't believe in it

"Thing that got me was not her list of things she hated, since she was obviously crazy as a Cyborg, but fact that always somebody agreed with her prohibitions. Must be a yearning deep in human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws — always for other fellow. A murky part of us, something we had before we came down out of trees, and failed to shuck when we stood up. Because not one of those people said: "Please pass this so that I won't be able to do something I know I should stop." Nyet, tovarishchee, was always something they hated to see neighbors doing. Stop them "for their own good" — not because speaker claimed to be harmed by it."
-Robert Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

Moose-Knuckle
07-05-16, 04:08
CA has sanctuary cities no?

https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7429/27629570051_58ed05832c_b.jpg

Exiledviking
07-05-16, 04:48
Of course they do. San Francisco is one of the their showcase sanctuary cities.

One of the bills Gov. Brown vetoed was for making the theft and/or possession of firearm a felony, again. Please tell me how that makes any sense?!?!?!

platoonDaddy
07-05-16, 05:15
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad176/slickville/CA_zpshfjhvem9.jpg (http://s933.photobucket.com/user/slickville/media/CA_zpshfjhvem9.jpg.html)

Outlander Systems
07-05-16, 05:19
^^^^That's Awesome

Big A
07-05-16, 07:52
http://threepercenternation.com/2016/07/california-senate-votes-28-8-to-exempt-itself-from-california-gun-laws/

The California state Senate voted 28-8 Wednesday to exempt itself from the pointless gun-control laws that apply to the rest of the populace. Legislators apparently think that they are only worthy to carry for personal protection, and the “little people” must wait until the police arrive.

This is just one of many bills Golden State politicians used this legislative session to set themselves apart from the little people, the ones who pay their inflated salaries. Annual compensation for legislators averages about $140,000, not counting luxurious perks such as taxpayer-funded cars and free gasoline. By comparison, the average Californian earns $50,000 a year, and the unemployment rate is 11.9 percent – far above the national average. Exact salaries for state assemblymen and senators are obscured by the use of a “per diem” payment scheme that shelters a significant chunk of income from taxation.

Sounds like the Tree of Liberty has dried up and rotted away in California.

cbx
07-05-16, 08:17
Ya know, if about a million cali rezidents showed up in sac town with rifles on their backs and some variation of come and take it, this would all stop right about meow.........but nooooo......

Muh pensions..... Muh sedona mini van. Hey, did you hear Lebron won!..........

Reality is, even the locals dgaf...... Talked to family members yesterday on the phone that live there. They didn't seem to think it was big deal. Uncle said it might help with less violence, since the SB shooter bought his legally..wtf....

Cousin is too busy chasing ass like a 19 year old since he's freshly divorced. He didn't even know what was going on.

Both conservative gun owners to boot........

SteveS
07-05-16, 19:42
I think most of the CA population are not gun owners. As for any % of gun owners that voted for anti gun politicians:

1) I don't really count the people that want to buy an AK for the occasional Facebook photo to be gun owners. Yes technically they are, but they don't go shooting anymore than the hunting guys that are all good with one box of ammo and bolt rifle.

2) We don't really have that many good options for politicians to begin with here. Yes Brown sucks, but I do t remember if the alternatives were any better.

Regardless, most people in CA know more about who Kim Kardashian is sleeping with this week or what the knew flavor of the month is at Starbucks this month. In other words they're idiots.Yes California is the land of Earthquakes . I view Cal guns and you would be surprised at the number of gun owners that voted fo for Brown Seems like is was a hope and sex change thimg for the voters.. The guy is a real pos. yet the voters re reelected him

SteveS
07-05-16, 19:44

Regardless, most people in CA know more about who Kim Kardashian is sleeping with this week or what the knew flavor of the month is at Starbucks this month. In other words they're idiots.Yes California is the land of Earthquakes . I view Cal guns and you would be surprised at the number of gun owners that voted for Brown. I would guess it was a hope and sex change thing for the voters.. The guy is a real pos.with a track record of idiot, yet the voters re reelected him

sevenhelmet
07-05-16, 21:28
I know they have their detractors on this forum, but LaRue extended several sales through the end of the year in response to all this.

rero360
07-06-16, 00:21
I will say this, the cities of Sunnyvale, LA, and one or two others have already banned greater than 10 round mags, each place had time periods for people to turn them in without penalty. The total number of magazines turned in to all of those cities. . . 0

Somewhat related, while listening to talk radio some time ago, AM 640, they have a segment called Military Mondays where Brian Suits, a former Army officer gives brief intel updates on whats going on around the world. That particular day he was using a free phone app, Zello, to talk with a guy in Syria on the air. There is some delay as it turns your phone into kind of like a two way radio, but its completely encrypted, supposedly the type of encryption is such that it is unbreakable, I'm not a encryption expert nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night so I'm just going off memory.

Whiskey_Bravo
07-06-16, 00:39
I will say this, the cities of Sunnyvale, LA, and one or two others have already banned greater than 10 round mags, each place had time periods for people to turn them in without penalty. The total number of magazines turned in to all of those cities. . . 0

Somewhat related, while listening to talk radio some time ago, AM 640, they have a segment called Military Mondays where Brian Suits, a former Army officer gives brief intel updates on whats going on around the world. That particular day he was using a free phone app, Zello, to talk with a guy in Syria on the air. There is some delay as it turns your phone into kind of like a two way radio, but its completely encrypted, supposedly the type of encryption is such that it is unbreakable, I'm not a encryption expert nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night so I'm just going off memory.

Just downloaded Zello. Will have to check it out.

elephant
07-06-16, 00:48
Negative, Sir.

This is Quasar Retarded. Like Black Antimatter Singularity Retarded.

Steven Hawking would need to have all his knowledge, be reborn, start new, and team up with Neil deGrasse Tyson just to find a place to begin quantifying this cosmic level of retardation.
do you mind if I use that?

rero360
07-06-16, 01:57
Just downloaded Zello. Will have to check it out.

I've had it on my phone since that show but haven't had a chance to use it yet

SteyrAUG
07-06-16, 02:49
Ya know, if about a million cali rezidents showed up in sac town with rifles on their backs and some variation of come and take it, this would all stop right about meow.........but nooooo......

Muh pensions..... Muh sedona mini van. Hey, did you hear Lebron won!..........

Reality is, even the locals dgaf...... Talked to family members yesterday on the phone that live there. They didn't seem to think it was big deal. Uncle said it might help with less violence, since the SB shooter bought his legally..wtf....

Cousin is too busy chasing ass like a 19 year old since he's freshly divorced. He didn't even know what was going on.

Both conservative gun owners to boot........

Hate to say it, but it seems the majority (not saying ALL, but the majority) of CA gun owners lack the balls and conviction of the gay rights community.

SteyrAUG
07-06-16, 03:00
I know they have their detractors on this forum, but LaRue extended several sales through the end of the year in response to all this.

I don't always understand the LaRue hate. He's a guy, he's opinionated. Some you will agree with, some you won't. He doesn't make his opinions "policy" so he doesn't influence your rights at all no matter how much you disagree with him.

Some of his gear is pointless, overrated and he has a small contingent of fan boys who will cry "heresy" if you question any of it. Who cares? It only matters if you buy it.

I just can't take time out of my busy day to form a meaningful or significant opinion on a gear designer that I sometimes agree with and sometimes don't agree with. He's obviously doing something right, some of his stuff is great and the fact that he is willing to risk it all in order to retain the right to have a "non sanitized" actual opinion on things tends to speak to ones character.

This is one of the reasons I didn't want to be an authorized dealer on TOS, once you do that people hold you hostage if you don't tow the line regarding general consensus beliefs. I'd rather just do the occasional group buy once or twice a year and not have to put forth a hypocritical front where I profess beliefs I don't actually hold or not be able to voice my actual beliefs on any given subject.

As far as this example, good for Mark. Hook the gun community up for as long as you can and when the laws take effect tell those that enforce the laws to get bent. And if they don't like it, suggest that they vote to change the laws back for everyone.

Quiet
07-06-16, 07:12
http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/marksmanship-is-important-.jpg

chuckman
07-06-16, 07:41
It's been a long time since I have been in Cali (Pendleton/San Diego/Coronado), so the people I still know behind the fence are fewer and fewer. Still, the ones I DO know echo what some of y'all have said: they are not selling/turning in anything.

Moreover a couple LEOs I know on the Left Coast have all but promised that these are laws they would not actively enforce.

BrigandTwoFour
07-06-16, 08:47
It's been a long time since I have been in Cali (Pendleton/San Diego/Coronado), so the people I still know behind the fence are fewer and fewer. Still, the ones I DO know echo what some of y'all have said: they are not selling/turning in anything.

Moreover a couple LEOs I know on the Left Coast have all but promised that these are laws they would not actively enforce.

We all know a couple LEOs who think the laws are BS and don't plan to enforce. But all it takes as a few who will. There's a town not far from me where the LEOs have a reputation for approaching vehicles with sidearms drawn when someone they pull over shows up on the firearms registry. There are definitely some in the LE community here who proudly take the "us vs them" attitude. Granted, that town (Lompoc) has a sizable prison and everything that goes along with it regarding the local community. The town that I live in has a healthy Latino gang problem.

I'm not so sure that saying California gun owners don't have the balls of the gay community is a fair comparison. When the guys put on pride parades or protested unfair laws, it is not as if their demonstrations were considered felonies by the state. At worst, they would get arrested and charged with a disturbing the peace misdemeanor. Gun owners openly carrying AR-15s are likely to get a whole lot worse, and have much more significant life consequences.

chuckman
07-06-16, 09:01
We all know a couple LEOs who think the laws are BS and don't plan to enforce. But all it takes as a few who will.

No doubt. I think gun owners in Cali are at an enormous disadvantage and in an enormous minority.

sevenhelmet
07-06-16, 11:13
No doubt. I think gun owners in Cali are at an enormous disadvantage and in an enormous minority.

That depends on where you are. In my part of the state, I don't expect much to change with respect to LE having a generally permissive attitude. Right now they're very relaxed, as long as you're not brandishing or doing something they can't possibly ignore (e.g. open carry in public view, >10rd mag dumps, etc.) On BLM (public) land, they'll pretty much leave you alone as long as you're >200yd from a paved road and shooting in a safe direction. I've even heard rumors of people caught on BLM land with "assault weapons" being let go by the county Sheriff. This place could just about be in West Texas, minus the taxes and the inescapable regulatory oppression from Sacramento.

In a place like LA or especially the Bay Area, it's a very different story. Gun owners are definitely in the minority there, along with anyone with a reasonable idea of what it means to be a free citizen. This is why I think two Californias could be better, especially if LA fell into the sea. Draw the E/W demarcation line around Fresno, and South California (again, minus LA, which nobody around here likes) could be very similar to Arizona or Nevada. 51 stars would be tough to reconcile on the flag though, so maybe the USA could just kick out North California and sanction them out of existence. Of course they get Mammoth, Yosemite, and the best of the high Sierras so we'd have to give up some of the best geography to do it.

Meh, whatever. I'm just a Texan who happens to be here while I'm serving my country. When I'm no longer on AD, you won't see me sitting here. I won't willingly appear on any CA registration lists either. I was considering a CCW out here, but no more- it would just be used against me by this state's tyannical government as a vehicle for confiscation or something.

soulezoo
07-06-16, 14:07
That depends on where you are. In my part of the state, I don't expect much to change with respect to LE having a generally permissive attitude. Right now they're very relaxed, as long as you're not brandishing or doing something they can't possibly ignore (e.g. open carry in public view, >10rd mag dumps, etc.) On BLM (public) land, they'll pretty much leave you alone as long as you're >200yd from a paved road and shooting in a safe direction. I've even heard rumors of people caught on BLM land with "assault weapons" being let go by the county Sheriff. This place could just about be in West Texas, minus the taxes and the inescapable regulatory oppression from Sacramento.

In a place like LA or especially the Bay Area, it's a very different story. Gun owners are definitely in the minority there, along with anyone with a reasonable idea of what it means to be a free citizen. This is why I think two Californias could be better, especially if LA fell into the sea. Draw the E/W demarcation line around Fresno, and South California (again, minus LA, which nobody around here likes) could be very similar to Arizona or Nevada. 51 stars would be tough to reconcile on the flag though, so maybe the USA could just kick out North California and sanction them out of existence. Of course they get Mammoth, Yosemite, and the best of the high Sierras so we'd have to give up some of the best geography to do it.

Meh, whatever. I'm just a Texan who happens to be here while I'm serving my country. When I'm no longer on AD, you won't see me sitting here. I won't willingly appear on any CA registration lists either. I was considering a CCW out here, but no more- it would just be used against me by this state's tyannical government as a vehicle for confiscation or something.

I'm cool with dat... I am already in the State of Jefferson.

sevenhelmet
07-06-16, 14:10
I'm cool with dat... I am already in the State of Jefferson.

I forgot about you guys up there... what's your take? Little pocket of freedom, or pot-growing hippies embracing the suck of Sac? (You can see the pot growing on Google Earth, BTW, which I find hilarious.)

soulezoo
07-06-16, 14:27
I forgot about you guys up there... what's your take? Little pocket of freedom, or pot-growing hippies embracing the suck of Sac? (You can see the pot growing on Google Earth, BTW, which I find hilarious.)

One can find a little bit of everything. What I see are a whole bunch of folks that are for the most part conservative but have given up. A lot (not all) local politicians are liberal even when the population is conservative. Liberals seized power and conservatives let them.

There's a surprising number of people growing pot that are not hippies. I live near one that is a 78 year old widow... strong church going, very conservative, knife and gun toting granny. She growing it for the $$$ to supplement her $1k SS check to survive.

On the whole, there are a lot more people that are the opposite of what folks on this forum think Californians are within Northern Cali. It's just the fruits and nuts that get all the news and run Cali. I forget the exact numbers, but from Sac southward the State has some 225 representatives within the Capitol. North of Sac has 2. This is due to years of Democrat gerrymandering and a lack of relative population compared to the south. What does that tell you?

sevenhelmet
07-06-16, 14:33
One can find a little bit of everything. What I see are a whole bunch of folks that are for the most part conservative but have given up. A lot (not all) local politicians are liberal even when the population is conservative. Liberals seized power and conservatives let them.

There's a surprising number of people growing pot that are not hippies. I live near one that is a 78 year old widow... strong church going, very conservative, knife and gun toting granny. She growing it for the $$$ to supplement her $1k SS check to survive.

On the whole, there are a lot more people that are the opposite of what folks on this forum think Californians are within Northern Cali. It's just the fruits and nuts that get all the news and run Cali. I forget the exact numbers, but from Sac southward the State has some 225 representatives within the Capitol. North of Sac has 2. This is due to years of Democrat gerrymandering and a lack of relative population compared to the south. What does that tell you?

That jives pretty well with my experience down here in the Mojave. The problem is, the conservatives aren't as involved as they should be, and many communities bar involvement for everyone but a few established family names. I think the best thing CA free thinkers could do is get involved, and stop taking this BS as a foregone conclusion.

26 Inf
07-06-16, 14:56
I think two Californias could be better, especially if LA fell into the sea. Draw the E/W demarcation line around Fresno, and South California (again, minus LA, which nobody around here likes) could be very similar to Arizona or Nevada. 51 stars would be tough to reconcile on the flag though, so maybe the USA could just kick out North California and sanction them out of existence. Of course they get Mammoth, Yosemite, and the best of the high Sierras so we'd have to give up some of the best geography to do it.

How about merging New Hampshire and Vermont? Or Rhode Island and Connecticut? Or even Delaware and Pennsylvania?

I'd slice it east and west - Interstate 5 down to and including LA County and up to and including Sacremento and then pretty much Interstate 80 westfrom Sacremento to north of Oakland and San Francisco would be Western Calif.

BoringGuy45
07-06-16, 15:04
How about merging New Hampshire and Vermont? Or Rhode Island and Connecticut? Or even Delaware and Pennsylvania?

I'd slice it east and west - Interstate 5 down to and including LA County and up to and including Sacremento and then pretty much Interstate 80 westfrom Sacremento to north of Oakland and San Francisco would be Western Calif.

**** that. **** that right up the ass!

prdubi
07-06-16, 15:04
I'll settle with my M1 Garand.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sevenhelmet
07-06-16, 15:19

All you're missing is a nuclear missile, and your name could be Lex Luther. ;)

SteveS
07-08-16, 11:15

I live in the once great state of California .A lot in California are fed up with the trampling of their rights? Probably 137 people in the whole state are aware of their rights being trampled. The vast majority of people in California are the most ignorant self entitled people on the Earth. Sorry for the bad news but I been working hard core on this since before the first anti semi [black rifle] auto bans.

soulezoo
07-08-16, 11:49
Now that CA is the 6th largest economy in the world on its own...

We could slice dice and gerrymander all the liberals into one pot and the two states formed would still have enough to be ok. We wouldn't be Argentina anyway.

26 Inf
07-08-16, 16:07
**** that. **** that right up the ass!

Hey, I was just trying to give you more coast. What is the matter with Delaware?

BoringGuy45
07-08-16, 16:18
Hey, I was just trying to give you more coast. What is the matter with Delaware?

"May issue" CCW permits, a deep blue state turning my swing state permanently blue prematurely...

And Joe Biden.

26 Inf
07-08-16, 21:06
"May issue" CCW permits, a deep blue state turning my swing state permanently blue prematurely...

And Joe Biden.

Okay, good points, Delaware and Maryland.