PDA

View Full Version : Magpul AUG mags, not much to see...

halmbarte
07-03-16, 19:30
Took my A3 16" out to the range this morning, and used the Magpul AUG mag that arrived yesterday for all my shooting.

120 rounds of Monarch 55gr ball = 0 stoppages not caused by the mag running out
34 rounds of 77gr IMI 77gr OTM = same

One note, this mag does lock up tighter in the stock than the OEM AUG mags do. Not so tight that's it's difficult to remove or insert, just tighter than the standard AUG mags. Yes, it drops free.

You can overload the Magpul mag with 31 rounds, but then the orange follower won't be visible in the window.

H

Firefly
07-04-16, 22:56
I'm sorry. I'm confused.

So these are good to buy or bad? Was wanting to get some but wanted a review or two first.

If good, I'll get a batch and keep my Austrian mags for putting away. I have a Nato Stock but it doesn't have the good features of the normal one.

If these are good, I hope Magpul does a 10 or 20 round version for storage/bench shooting.

halmbarte
07-04-16, 23:04
'Not much to see' as in the mag just worked as well as my OEM mags.

Only time will tell which is better, but the Magpuls look like a good alternative mag for the standard AUG.

H

SteyrAUG
07-05-16, 00:02
Didn't even know they existed. Have to grab a few dozen when things calm down again.

Slimline AUG magazines that work sounds useful.

MountainRaven
07-05-16, 00:21
Didn't even know they existed. Have to grab a few dozen when things calm down again.

Slimline AUG magazines that work sounds useful.

Magpul only launched them last week.

Firefly
07-05-16, 13:18
I see. Thanks for clarification.
I did not know how to take "not much to see"

KTR03
07-05-16, 15:31
Given the price of Aug mags, I'm not sure that I'd get these ,but it is nice to see a US offering.

K.O.A.M.
07-14-16, 12:44
I bought two in with another order from Brownells and I will try them out this weekend on the range. I got mine for $18.00, which is a little less than for what I've been buying OEM magazines. If they work well, I'll buy a few more.