PDA

View Full Version : Explosion in Central PArk

tb-av
07-03-16, 19:45
There has been an explosion in central park that has basically removed the foot of a visitor.

The following link has more info about the possibility of it being fireworks, being self induced by the youths ( I assume the conclusion would be that a prank got out of hand ).

Witness said it sounded like a cannon. The victims friend said it seemed like a pressure activated device.

IED? Someone trying to do something stupid and succeeded? Police have searched their vehicle, etc.. They were apparently questioned for quite a while regarding fireworks. If it were not for all the recent events I would think 4th fireworks but who knows.

This link about a kid getting his foot blown up in Central Park by an unidentified explosion.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/homemade-bomb-that-sounded-like-a-cannon-blows-off-students-foot-in-central-park/ar-AAi1kfJ?ocid=ansmsnnews11

nimdabew
07-03-16, 19:53
Could you imagine the chaos if someone went around the city and started planting anti-personal mines in the ground? It wouldn't have to be a lot, just a few in high trafficked areas.

tb-av
07-03-16, 20:01
I know what it was like around here when the beltway sniper was rolling around. In fact I was getting gas one day right across the street from a motel they stayed in. ... and now they want to give that guy a break because he was a kid!

SteyrAUG
07-03-16, 20:31
Happy Ramadan.

Alex V
07-03-16, 21:56
Doesn't look to be terorism. NYPD believe it was it may have been someone being dumb with fireworks/explosives.

It doesn't make sense to me, but that's what they are saying.

“We believe this could have been put here as some sort of experiment,” NYPD Inspector John O’Connell said during a news conference.

O’Connell and bomb squad commander Lt. Mark Torre said it was not unusual for individuals to create "homemade" fireworks as Independence Day celebrations approached. Officials were scouring the park for other, similar devices, but there was no evidence more than one existed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/03/central-park-explosion-injures-1.html

tb-av
07-03-16, 22:47
Yeah, something sounds really strange.

If this was a home made firework, you would have to be dumb as a brick to blow your foot off with it. Hand, face, maybe... but a foot?

So let's say someone else "made a firework"... who plants fireworks in the ground and just leaves them?

Who tests home made fireworks. Having made a many, I can tell you, you don't test them by leaving them for someone to blow their foot off with. You light it up and if it goes bang it was a good one. That's how you 'test it'.

Who tests explosives in a public park? who even has explosives in a public park?

If it's not the kids and it's not terrorists... that kinda narrows the field to someone authorized to have the explosive... and that sounds even more crazy.

I was thinking black powder but no one said they saw a big plume of smoke. The way they all said it sounded like a cannon.

Never heard of a foot injury from a home made firework... and honestly anything that can take a foot off is sort of out of the realm of home made firework. A finger, a toe, an eye... but they described his foot as just being totally wasted.

33 minutes ago... wow, this is carefully worded.
http://www.reuters.com/video/2016/07/04/fireworks-experiment-likely-caused-centr?videoId=369151260&videoChannel=117760&channelName=World+News

Now he makes it sound like all three jumped off a rock onto a home made firework, and one took it for the team? .... . yikes... they were only 18-20 and they aren't growing 'em smarter these days...

Poster children for Darwin Awards? Oh well, I give up, this has exhausted my imagination..... I'm calling Hillary to find out what really happened.

SteyrAUG
07-04-16, 00:31
Doesn't look to be terorism. NYPD believe it was it may have been someone being dumb with fireworks/explosives.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/03/central-park-explosion-injures-1.html

And they said Benghazi was a response to an anti Islamic film. At this point I'm not buying it.

I'm thinking home grown, less talented version of the Boston Bombers using July 4 as a convenient cover. 20 years ago I might be able to believe "dumbass kids" story but I'm pretty sure access to large quantities of gunpowder or other explosives in NY is beyond the reach of most "dumbass kids" these days. This is the same state that will jack you up if you load JHP ammo in your weapon at home or carry a weapon in your car.

Vandal
07-04-16, 00:41
tb-av, most of the articles surrounding this have been very carefully worded. Enough that someone like myself with literally no tinfoil in the house, make me think it's trying to keep something under wraps. The story line of an "experiment" and guys in their late teens and early 20s doing something stupid is just too hard to swallow. There has to be more to it and the powers that be don't want to scare the crap out of everyone going out tomorrow night.

Moose-Knuckle
07-04-16, 05:59
I'm sure it will be spun around to an AR-15 was some how at fault and the religion of it's owner had nothing to do with anything . . .

Averageman
07-04-16, 09:16
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/blast-elie-wiesel-funeral-central-park-severs-man-leg-article-1.2697682

The item was not made of gunpowder, but of rudimentary chemicals, the high-ranking police official said.
“The Bomb Squad is looking into what made it go off, but we may never know,” the source said. “It was just bad timing that it went off when this guy landed on it.”

The high-ranking police official said some of the components were similar to “snappers,” which erupt with a loud sound when they are thrown to the ground.
“There were no timers or trips or wires or even shrapnel,” the source said. “It was not set up with any sophistication. If he was going to harm people, he wouldn’t have put it far off the path. They also would have put some nails or ball bearings in it.”

Ok so you find and step on a pressure sensitive fused "firework"?

http://potiner.com/2016/07/bomb-squad-investigating-explosion-in-central-park-that/

"It may have not gone off at an earlier time and was just left there". The Fire Department said the man possibly suffered an amputation, and was taken to a hospital.

Another law enforcement source told CNN the explosive material was contained in a plastic bag.

tb-av
07-04-16, 09:32
ABC NEWS has a video with various interviews and quotes.

His two friends - it wasn't fireworks

Police official - "They're looking for components for a dirty bomb" ---- Now that would explain the 'experiment' aspect.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=abc+news+central+park+explosion&&view=detail&mid=BA3AAF278AA6D3ECDA0BBA3AAF278AA6D3ECDA0B&FORM=VRDGAR

Boy Scout
07-04-16, 10:10
I not usually much of a conspiracy theorist, but if there's anything that's been proven to me by this administration, it's that they know no bounds when it comes to establishing bunk stories for their failures. I've been copping long enough to know that there are no coincidences... I don't have the time to scan footage, but I wouldn't put it past the "friends" being crisis actors.

Bubba FAL
07-04-16, 11:20
I can imagine a scenario where a dumb kid has the brilliant idea to unwrap a sh!t-load of snappers and put the chemical grains into a Ziploc bag in an attempt to make a super-snapper. Then the conversation along the lines of: "how we gonna set this thing off?" The rocket scientist in the group tells the others to set the device on the ground in front of the rock and he'll climb up and jump onto it. Last words before the kaboom: "Hold my beer and watch this, it's gonna be epic!"

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-04-16, 13:58
But it seems like the kid that were injured and his friends wern't involved? So someone set it there, couldn't get it to go off, left it and someone else randomly sets it off....

Something is not right here....

Alex V
07-04-16, 15:27
Would tenarite blow up from the shock of someone jumping on a ziplock bag full of it?

Of coarse those kids they they were not involved and just found it, you think they would fess up to this?

SteyrAUG
07-04-16, 16:48
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/blast-elie-wiesel-funeral-central-park-severs-man-leg-article-1.2697682

The item was not made of gunpowder, but of rudimentary chemicals, the high-ranking police official said.
“The Bomb Squad is looking into what made it go off, but we may never know,” the source said. “It was just bad timing that it went off when this guy landed on it.”

The high-ranking police official said some of the components were similar to “snappers,” which erupt with a loud sound when they are thrown to the ground.
“There were no timers or trips or wires or even shrapnel,” the source said. “It was not set up with any sophistication. If he was going to harm people, he wouldn’t have put it far off the path. They also would have put some nails or ball bearings in it.”

Ok so you find and step on a pressure sensitive fused "firework"?

http://potiner.com/2016/07/bomb-squad-investigating-explosion-in-central-park-that/

"It may have not gone off at an earlier time and was just left there". The Fire Department said the man possibly suffered an amputation, and was taken to a hospital.

Another law enforcement source told CNN the explosive material was contained in a plastic bag.

1. Since a guy lost of foot, doesn't sound like it needed any shrapnel.

2. It's sophisticated enough to have worked, time to ban snap n pops I guess.

3. If it was in the middle of the path, the bomber wouldn't have had time to escape. It wasn't put someplace so it would never go off.

Elkhound
07-04-16, 17:42
My daughter was in Central Park that day, for her first visit there. I thank the Lord that it did not happen to her!!! I must confess that I have NO faith in the news outlets, or the Government, to tell me the truth about the incident. Such a sad commentary on our once great nation that I can no longer trust what I am told.

SteyrAUG
07-04-16, 22:28
My daughter was in Central Park that day, for her first visit there. I thank the Lord that it did not happen to her!!! I must confess that I have NO faith in the news outlets, or the Government, to tell me the truth about the incident. Such a sad commentary on our once great nation that I can no longer trust what I am told.

Honestly, we have been being fed BS from the time before most of us were born. You can google Walter Cronkite stating that we were defeated as a result of the Tet Offensive, when the reality is it was an unrecoverable loss for the enemy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tet_Offensive

But despite the numbers, the media played a huge role in undermining the war efforts at home.

Firefly
07-04-16, 22:39
Why watch the news?

It's just some middle aged man or woman saying "Stay asleep" over and over again.

That's boring

tb-av
07-04-16, 23:42
Would tenarite blow up from the shock of someone jumping on a ziplock bag full of it?

Of coarse those kids they they were not involved and just found it, you think they would fess up to this?

Not likely... 2000 ft/sec to activate it. Plus it too would have made big cloud which no one reported.

The funny thing about those pop rocks or whatever they are called. the officials said at one point it was not pressure activated, but pop rocks are pressure activated... at least I thought they were. You slam them on the ground.

Yep, they are taking the kids leg off below the knee now.

video on this page shows the crater it made.
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/07/04/central-park-explosion-victim/

"The homemade explosive had been inside a plastic bag when it went off Sunday, said Lt. Mark Torre, commanding officer of the New York Police Department's bomb squad. Investigators believe it was created by "an explosive hobbyist or experimenter" who had some knowledge of chemistry, he said."

"Mayor Bill de Blasio sent out a tweet reminding people to stay safe around fireworks.
"Fireworks are fun — but let's leave them to the professionals," the mayor tweeted."

What a moron.

Dist. Expert 26
07-05-16, 01:18
If I wanted to get my jihad on, I can say for certain that IEDs would be my weapon of choice. Easy to make, effective, high fear factor and I don't have to die in the process. It seems like a no-brainer really. If bombs start going off every few days people won't even want to leave their homes, and America could be effectively brought to her knees. Hell, the Taliban and Mujahadeen changed our entire military doctrine using the things, and a lot of them are illiterate. Someone with an education and access to the internet could wreak havoc here. It blows my mind that we aren't taking this threat more seriously, but I guess we'll just have to learn the hard way. At the expense of freedom and liberty no doubt.

jpmuscle
07-05-16, 02:25
So I can be an "explosives hobbyist"? Winning.

I did not know there was such a thing.

SteveS
07-05-16, 19:45

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/03/central-park-explosion-injures-1.htmlIt is Faux news.

tb-av
07-05-16, 21:26
So I can be an "explosives hobbyist"? Winning.

I did not know there was such a thing.

to be on teh safe side you might want to register as a Democrat first. It's cheap insurance.

30 cal slut
07-15-16, 08:12
Remember this story that happened around the July 4 weekend? The police called it "fireworks." This "firework" blew off a poor kid's leg.

TATP is a peroxide-based explosive that jihadists like to use when they don't have access to the military grade stuff.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nypd-traces-of-substances-found-in-central-park-explosion/

Last Updated Jul 14, 2016 6:27 PM EDT

NEW YORK -- Police officials say they have identified "traces of substances" in the blast in New York City's Central Park earlier this month that seriously injured a man who stepped on it, CBS New York reported.

A law enforcement source told CBS News that NYPD lab results have come back with traces of TATP in the explosion. TATP contains triacetone triperoxide, which can be assembled with household chemicals.

Terrorists like it because it's made with household chemicals, like nail polish remover, ingredients that don't raise suspicion when they're purchased.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-15-16, 08:37
Duh....

sgtrock82
07-15-16, 08:46
Daaaang! And here i was thinking it would turn out to be a "husker do" or a " husker dont" or possibly a "whistling kitty chaser"

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160715/9b7ba4eb40aea76016450582ff17dffb.jpg

eodinert
07-15-16, 21:32
Everyone is dancing around saying 'TATP', without saying TATP. They don't call it 'The mother of Satan' for nothing.

You can jump up and down on Tannerite, and it won't detonate.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-15-16, 23:09
TATP dancing