PDA

View Full Version : A Glock 26 thread.

one
08-31-08, 13:15
I really enjoy and shoot the hell out of my G19, but this little guy just goes everywhere with me. It's had countless thousands of rounds ran through it. And I really do mean countless, I couldn't begin to even estimate.

It's an early version with smooth frontstrap/no checkering off the finger groove. It's been a fantastic companion over the years I just felt like it deserved the limelight for a bit.

It runs a factory 3.5 connector and optional factory +2 extension. The only other mods I've done to the gun are a set of Heinie Slant pro "straight eights" and a Vicker's mag release.

Threw in it's Kramer Verticle scabbard and a couple of my optional EDC Microtechs.

Anybody else got any love for their 26's?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v162/goddamnit/Glock26.jpg?t=1220205127

NickB
08-31-08, 13:21
I couldn't agree more. I picked up a Glock 26 earlier this year, and I don't think it has left my hip for anything but sleep and air travel since. I love this little gun so much that I picked up its older brother in OD green yesterday as a host for my Evo 9. :D

On a related note, I now have an HK USP-C .45 Stainless and Milt Sparks VMII for sale. ;)

one
08-31-08, 14:15
We'd make great next door neighbors:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=212010#post212010

Pilgrim
08-31-08, 21:23
After I tested out the M&P9... I sold my Glocks... except for the most accurate of my G26's.

Even though I have a fine example (or two) of the M&P9c available. My G26 still rides with me mounted in a static location. I also still carry the G26 for working around the farm as it don't get in the way, and could must surely come in real handy at times.

The G26 is just such a useful and 'carryable' handgun that I can't part with it.

Without doubt, the G26 is my favorite type of Glock.

KintlaLake
08-31-08, 21:32
My wife carries a G26 (Vickers release, plug, +2, Glock night sights).

I love my G19, but when we go to the range, I always make sure to get some quality time with her G26. :cool: It's a keeper.

9x19
09-01-08, 11:03
A Glock 26 was the first semi-auto pistol I owned. I have small hands and short fingers, so I adapted my grip on Glocks, because I cannot easily reach the trigger. I can reach the trigger better on the M&P, so I thought with lots of practice, I would be able to shoot it as well as the Glock. I wanted to compete with the M&P, and I thought I would carry it when I could shoot it better than my Glock. I picked up gotm4's Gen 2 Glock 19 last weekend after not shooting a Glock for over a year, and I still shot it as well as ever, a little better than my M&P.

I love the 26 and the 19, as well as my 32.

FlyAndFight
09-02-08, 09:07
The Glock 26 was my first Glock pistol and it was the top of that slippery slope... ;)

I carry it everyday.

old grunt
09-02-08, 14:54
Same-same. The G19 seems to keep my Colts(Gov't 70 & OM, both 45ACP)company in the safe. The G26 is always with me with a G19 mag as a spare. A Benchmade folder and a G2 Surefire and you're "ready" for the gobblins!!:D

old grunt
09-02-08, 14:56
Any favorite loads(both non and plus-P) and that Vickers mag release can I install it???:confused:

KintlaLake
09-02-08, 15:48
Any favorite loads(both non and plus-P)...

For personal defense, Cor-Bon 115gr JHP +P, Hornady TAP LE 124gr JHP, Winchester Ranger Bonded #RA9B 147gr JHP +P.

For practice and plinking, anything -- usually WWB or Blazer 115gr. Both the G19 and G26 even ran Amerc :eek: 115gr just fine. Last trip to WV, we ran through a few boxes of "Mountaineer Custom Cartridge" 115gr FMJ, no issues.

YMMV.

...and that Vickers mag release can I install it??? :confused:

If I can do it...twice... ;)

DarrinD
09-02-08, 18:49
Any favorite loads(both non and plus-P) and that Vickers mag release can I install it???:confused:

A growing favorite round that performs equally well in the G26 as the longer barrelled Glocks (which not all ammo does, like the excellent Ranger 127gr +P+) is Federal Tactical Bonded 135gr +P. It made Doc's list. Depends on what you want, but personally I like 9m cartridges at least 124 grains or heavier, unless you don't need a minimum of 12" or more of penetration.

Another great round with a proven LE track record is the 124gr Gold Dot in either +P or regular. NYPD has been very pleased with at, as well as numerous other LEA's. I read somewhere around here that the FBI's latest issue for 9mm is Gold Dot 147gr., which surprised me - I could be wrong on that, so I'll try to dig up the procurement announcement.

Oh yeah, I've loved my G26's for over a decade, and have carried and trained with mine with a Pearce pinky extension, 3.5#connector with trigger bar and other minor modifications, and an extended Glockmesiter mag release and slide lock/release.

one
09-02-08, 23:00
124 gr. +P Gold dot is what I run for actual carry. It's hella reliable and accuracy is superb with it out of the subcompact barrel.

As a side note a friend and I used his chronograph to test various factory loads through my G26 and my G19. Across the board there was just about a 50 fps drop in velocity between the two guns.

Just in case anyone has any interest in velocity loss when going from the two.

ToddG
09-03-08, 08:54
I read somewhere around here that the FBI's latest issue for 9mm is Gold Dot 147gr., which surprised me - I could be wrong on that, so I'll try to dig up the procurement announcement.

They had been issuing that, and I'm sure there is still plenty of it in circulation. Their new contract specifies Winchester 147gr Ranger (bonded).

old grunt
09-03-08, 10:24
Guys..I appreciate the ammo info. I know about the Gold Dots that NYPD runs(BEST round they EVER fielded!!). My old job had us carrying Federal 147 JHP Sub-Sonics for both the G19 and 26. Heard "mixed reviews" about that. Leaning toward the Gold Dot or that CorBon 115 gr. :)

LOKNLOD
09-03-08, 13:04
Hey, look what I found on my lunch break today!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/LOKNLOD/G26001.jpg

I got a great deal on it, too.

M4arc
09-03-08, 13:11
Very nice dude! Congrats :D

LOKNLOD
09-03-08, 13:14
Very nice dude! Congrats :D

Thanks! What's going to hurt is when my wife decides she needs it more than me...It may get a mate eventually. But I got two guns and a new TV this month so I'm tapped out for a while!

M4arc
09-03-08, 13:23
Thanks! What's going to hurt is when my wife decides she needs it more than me...It may get a mate eventually. But I got two guns and a new TV this month so I'm tapped out for a while!

Yet another reason I refuse to spend money on a TV!

FlyAndFight
09-03-08, 15:40
Hey, look what I found on my lunch break today!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/LOKNLOD/G26001.jpg

I got a great deal on it, too.

Congrats!! Looks exactly like mine, pinky extension and all. :D

KintlaLake
09-03-08, 19:10
What's going to hurt is when my wife decides she needs it more than me...

Feelin' that. ;)

DarrinD
09-04-08, 01:06
Thanks! What's going to hurt is when my wife decides she needs it more than me..

Being that the G26 is one of the best concealable 9mm's out there, how is she ever going to need it if she doesn't know about it? :eek:

Not that I have ever hidden a gun purchase from my wife. I think that might be an interesting poll question to post in a separate thread.