PDA

View Full Version : How much to bribe .Mil personel to knowingly lie to get someone admitted to a base?

Digital_Damage
07-04-16, 09:39
Apparently $1000...

Guy is lying about his "friends" unit getting tickets.

Several tweets that are now deleted showed he was offering $1000 to get on base.

I hope who ever sold the ticket and lied to get him on base losses far more than the $1000.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/16747455/noted-ballhawk-zack-hample-draws-ire-82nd-airborne-division-attendance-fort-bragg-mlb-game

Averageman
07-04-16, 10:18
I hope who ever sold the ticket and lied to get him on base losses far more than the $1000.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/16747455/noted-ballhawk-zack-hample-draws-ire-82nd-airborne-division-attendance-fort-bragg-mlb-game

And they should.

sevenhelmet
07-04-16, 10:32
I'm confused by the article... it seems a major league baseball aficionado was snuck onto base for a MLB game, but the article doesn't talk about how he got there. Did you get that information from elsewhere, or did I overlook something?

A lot of folks seem to have trouble distinguishing between proper base security and a "good deal" when big events like this happen. Hopefully the base commander straightens out whoever is responsible. Physical security is enough of a problem on bases already.

GTF425
07-04-16, 11:32
The tickets were available to various units through a lottery system. He must have bribed someone to give one to him.

Getting on Bragg is easy as a civilian. You can get a guest pass at the All American gate and go wherever your heart desires.

sevenhelmet
07-04-16, 11:37
The tickets were available to various units through a lottery system. He must have bribed someone to give one to him.

Getting on Bragg is easy as a civilian. You can get a guest pass at the All American gate and go wherever your heart desires.

I doubt that last part. But I see your point about him getting on base- that isn't hard for civilians at a lot of locations. Kind of surprising, really.

GTF425
07-04-16, 13:28
There are only a handful of places on Bragg you have to badge in to. Range 19 isn't something you just casually drive up to, and I highly doubt a visitor could even find where Group is.

With a guest pass, you can basically go anywhere on post a Soldier would without raising an eyebrow. With the exception of purchasing shit from the PX, nobody's going to ask for an ID. You can certainly walk into any building on Ardennes and, unless the CQ NCO kicks you out, nobody will really say anything.

I'm not talking about someone coming on post and four wheeling the firebreaks in Area H or taking a boat out on Mott Lake. But you could easily waltz into one of the PX food courts during lunch hours and some very bad shit could happen if you wanted it to.

Digital_Damage
07-04-16, 20:16
I'm confused by the article... it seems a major league baseball aficionado was snuck onto base for a MLB game, but the article doesn't talk about how he got there. Did you get that information from elsewhere, or did I overlook something?

A lot of folks seem to have trouble distinguishing between proper base security and a "good deal" when big events like this happen. Hopefully the base commander straightens out whoever is responsible. Physical security is enough of a problem on bases already.

The location Required a person with a mil ID to sign an addendum certifying that the person with them was family. The guy lied on the paperwork and sold his ticket to the douche bag for 1000.00. The guy that snuck in is backpedaling so fast he cant keep up with his lies.

nova3930
07-04-16, 20:33
There are only a handful of places on Bragg you have to badge in to. Range 19 isn't something you just casually drive up to, and I highly doubt a visitor could even find where Group is.

With a guest pass, you can basically go anywhere on post a Soldier would without raising an eyebrow. With the exception of purchasing shit from the PX, nobody's going to ask for an ID. You can certainly walk into any building on Ardennes and, unless the CQ NCO kicks you out, nobody will really say anything.

I'm not talking about someone coming on post and four wheeling the firebreaks in Area H or taking a boat out on Mott Lake. But you could easily waltz into one of the PX food courts during lunch hours and some very bad shit could happen if you wanted it to.

I had to go to Bragg for a design review last Nov. From what I could tell it's not much different than redstone, ie gate security is cursory at best. So many people go in and out on a daily basis it's impossible to do even what you'd call a good visual inspection on IDs. Only place I saw with real deal security was the "special" guys, and I got all but anal probed even though I was invited...

chuckman
07-05-16, 09:54
I contemplated taking my kids to that game until I heard it was open only to Bragg units and their families via lottery. Which is fine; that's really the way it should be.

As for getting onto Bragg, I have had nothing more than a very cursory glance at my IRR ID and the base became my oyster. Going through Pope and the back gate? Seems even easier.

It DOES seem weird to be able to pass so close to SOCOM, and even CAG (if you know where to drive). Hell, SF has a museum across the street from their HQ.