PDA

View Full Version : My annual 4th of July amatuer firework show

elephant
07-06-16, 01:28
I thought I would post some quick short videos of my 4th of July firework show I do every year at my lake house for my neighbors. Hope you like.

In the style of GTAV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c2Pu6GL-8o

a small wagon I use to pull a load from garage to golf cart

each mortar shell individually loaded and fused together

fresh off the truck

elephant
07-06-16, 01:30
Preshow setup, roughly half of my entire setup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ELn2RDwnpU

elephant
07-06-16, 01:31
My finale or the last few seconds of it, 6 - 3" 12 shot cakes with 400 individually wired mortar shells

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Nyb3tbu3s

GH41
07-06-16, 06:16
Don't expect sympathy from me if you lose both of your eyes.

cbx
07-06-16, 13:39
Very nice.

sva01
07-06-16, 14:31
Nice work on the Finale!

RazorBurn
07-06-16, 20:33
Damn dude, is your last name Zambelli???!!! That was most impressive! I thought I went all out for the 4th of July, but I can't hold any type of candle to that. AWESOME!!!

HighDesert
07-06-16, 22:13
Nice!!! Just curious of the cost?

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-06-16, 22:17
Nice!!! Just curious of the cost?

I was curious as well. Either way, that was awesome!

elephant
07-07-16, 00:11
a few years ago I met a total stranger that worked for AT&T, after talking for a few minutes over the phone we exchanged phone numbers and a couple of weeks later we started a "group". Neither him or I could meet the $50k minimum to buy direct from the manufacture to get the distributer prices so we started calling up random people and asking them to spend $500 or so on fireworks. Within a couple of months we had enough people who committed enough money to meet the minimum and we bought the rights to be the only distributor in N Texas throughout several counties. We have been doing this for about 5 years and I spend on average about $2000-$2500 which equals roughly $12k-$16k at the firework stand- the mark up on fireworks is astronomical-almost highway robbery. I build all the mortar racks my self and the individual mortar tubes are 2.21" HDPE tubing used in the oil & gas industry. If you go to the firework stand and buy a box of Excalibur mortar shells you will pay $70-$80 for a single box, I buy a case of 4 boxes for $34 so I literally buy 8 boxes for the price of 2, same with the 10, 12, 15 shot cakes, I get a case of 6-10 for the price of 1. The video I posted where my girlfriend is walking down my setup is roughly $1000 dollars worth. I do my firework show for my lake house neighborhood of about 100 people. The photo of the boxes in my garage "fresh off the truck" is about 1/4 of the boxes that arrived. If you live in Texas and want to have $3000-$5000 dollars worth of fireworks for less than $800, remember me and let me know.

Averageman
07-07-16, 08:23
That's pretty darn cool, thanks for that!

HeruMew
07-07-16, 14:29
a few years ago I met a total stranger that worked for AT&T, after talking for a few minutes over the phone we exchanged phone numbers and a couple of weeks later we started a "group". Neither him or I could meet the $50k minimum to buy direct from the manufacture to get the distributer prices so we started calling up random people and asking them to spend $500 or so on fireworks. Within a couple of months we had enough people who committed enough money to meet the minimum and we bought the rights to be the only distributor in N Texas throughout several counties. We have been doing this for about 5 years and I spend on average about $2000-$2500 which equals roughly $12k-$16k at the firework stand- the mark up on fireworks is astronomical-almost highway robbery. I build all the mortar racks my self and the individual mortar tubes are 2.21" HDPE tubing used in the oil & gas industry. If you go to the firework stand and buy a box of Excalibur mortar shells you will pay $70-$80 for a single box, I buy a case of 4 boxes for $34 so I literally buy 8 boxes for the price of 2, same with the 10, 12, 15 shot cakes, I get a case of 6-10 for the price of 1. The video I posted where my girlfriend is walking down my setup is roughly $1000 dollars worth. I do my firework show for my lake house neighborhood of about 100 people. The photo of the boxes in my garage "fresh off the truck" is about 1/4 of the boxes that arrived. If you live in Texas and want to have $3000-$5000 dollars worth of fireworks for less than $800, remember me and let me know.

Considering the legality of this discussion and it's implications in Minnesota...

I love Excalis.

And in MN, they're worth around 70-80 too.

Thankfully, your prices are obtainable within the right circles around here too.

I can say, while I enjoyed my fair share of Excalis on the fourth, it doesn't put a dent in your show.

Kudos good sir. And always great posts to receive from yah.

Eurodriver
07-11-16, 22:59
OP, thanks for sharing. That is awesome! I had no idea there was such a crazy mark up on fireworks, and if I were closer I would take you up on your offer.

Don't expect sympathy from me if you lose both of your eyes.

I bet you're a hoot at parties!!

Campbell
07-11-16, 23:13
Bad Ass👍👍

AKDoug
07-12-16, 00:12
Some day I'm going to take a vacation over July 4th to some place that actually gets dark at night so I can watch a good American Independence Day celebration like yours. Where I'm at in Alaska, it really doesn't get dark enough to enjoy them. We do have good New Years shows, though.

tb-av
07-12-16, 00:46
Awesome.... they would put you under the jail around here for that now. Man I would love to do that. My cousin was doing that at the river cabin for the little community. He hadn't gotten that big though.... he got killed a car accident before I got see one of the 'shows'.

We used to resupply at South of The Border on vacation. Just the basics though. M80s, bottle rockets, fire crackers.

You have restored a little piece of Americana.