PDA

View Full Version : Professor threatens to slaughter the NRA

BoringGuy45
07-07-16, 22:10
http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=7808

An adjunct professor at Southern State Community College (SSCC) in Ohio is under investigation for threatening to shoot up the NRA.

“Look, there’s only one solution. A bunch of us anti-gun types are going to have to arm ourselves, storm the NRA headquarters in Fairfax, VA, and make sure there are no survivors,” James Pearce wrote in a Facebook post on June 13. “This action might also require coordinated hits at remote sites, like Washington lobbyists. Then and only then will we see some legislative action on assault weapons. Have a nice day.”

“Certainly any criminal prosecution and findings could be a consideration for employment decisions.” Tweet This

The Highland County Press reported that Pearce’s comments were sent to authorities and SSCC on June 15.

[RELATED: Purdue staff member calls pro-life students ‘vile, racist idiots’]

Kris Cross, Director of Public Relations for SSCC, told Campus Reform that “it is the college's policy not to comment on individual personnel matters,” but did offer some general observations of potential relevance to the case.

“In general, the college would alert local authorities about any threats that were made known to the college, especially any threats made to students, faculty or staff,” she explained. “We have a good working relationship with the police jurisdictions covering each of our four campuses, and trust they would follow their protocols for reporting to other agencies. As I understand it, a report does not necessarily mean an investigation.”

When asked if Pearce would continue to teach during the investigation, Cross stated, “Certainly any criminal prosecution and findings could be a consideration for employment decisions in any matter of criminal conduct.”

[RELATED: Purdue staff member who harassed pro-life students resigns]

On June 17, SSCC Security and Emergency Response coordinator Gary Heaton noted that the information had been reported to the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security.

“The Attorney General advised [SSCC Vice President] Dr. Roades to take no action until the Feds had completed an investigation,” Heaton told the Highland County Press.

I'll add this disclaimer. I don't believe this guy was really serious. I'm about 95 to 99% sure he was talking out his ass and I don't believe there's anything more nefarious afoot than usual in this matter. But for the sake of argument and entertainment, I figured I'd post this.

First off, the FBI is investigating. Yay! Even if this guy did lead some paramilitary raid on NRA headquarters, they'd probably find that none of the anti-gun terrorists "intended" to pull the triggers on their guns. So although hundreds are dead, because it was unintentional, there was no crime committed.

Second...raid the NRA, huh? Okay, you THINK a significant amount of people working there might be armed, and possibly trained as well? I may be crazy, but I'm going to put my money on NRA headquarters NOT being a gun free zone! I have no military or counterterrorism experience, but I'm guessing that it would take a pretty large element of anti-gun terrorists with at least some level of light infantry training to actually successfully take out the entire NRA headquarters AND be gone before every SWAT officer in the Washington metro area shows up.

Third, this would have the exact opposite effect. It was signify that the left has gone from protesting to actually killing their enemies. As dumb as the right can be, we're not dumb enough to think that such a brazen attack would be anything but the first of many on groups the left wants to wipe out. A bunch of terrorists raiding and slaughtering their enemies would drop support for gun control pretty quickly. I think everybody would want that rifle that you "can't hunt a deer with." Even if it didn't, the people who are pro-gun but don't want to get involved due concerns about family and career would have to rethink their philosophy.

titsonritz
07-07-16, 22:14
He'd probably get lead poisoning from multiple directions.

Firefly
07-07-16, 22:36
Going to the NRA museum was something I got to scratch off my bucket list last time I got to head back up that way.

The staff that worked there were mostly black and asian. Friendly and polite.

The NRA is not some Pirate-style compound full of guys with crewcuts and Swastika tattoos playing mumbletypeg with Rambo knives and plotting random murders.

So this "educator's" big idea is to get a bunch of people to go kill the NRA staff, of whom all have families, in an effort to "end gun violence"?

The amount of projection here is appalling. Now, if I said "The only way to end black crime is to attack the NAACP".

Oooohh boy that would not bode well for me. But the logic is the same. Both are civil rights organizations whether you agree with it or not.

Honestly if I could go the rest of my life without seeing another human corpse, I'd be happy. But that is unrealistic thinking. Bad people exist.

Bad people will always exist. And that's reality. No reason to deprive people's life liberty or freedom.

Lots of things in this world disgust and bemuse me. But the older I get, the less passion I have.

I feel like that Cuban Colonel from Red Dawn. A revolutionary who has become what he hated most and realizes how pointless a lot of things are and just not feeling the fire.

So yeah....

Violence is AN answer. Not always the right answer. Or something.

Co-gnARR
07-07-16, 22:43
So...does this anti-gunner get the no fly, no buy treatment? The irony of anti's possibly tasting their own medicine is just so rich and delightful.

The_War_Wagon
07-07-16, 22:44
“Look, there’s only one solution. A bunch of us [U]anti-gun types are going to have to arm ourselves...

FAIL!

A bunch of Trotskyites, armed with leaflets, against the NRA HQ? :lol: That will go SWIMMINGLY for them!

Firefly
07-07-16, 22:45
So...does this anti-gunner get the no fly, no buy treatment? The irony of anti's possibly tasting their own medicine is just so rich and delightful.

No. Likely not

Co-gnARR
07-07-16, 22:53
No. Likely not
Silly me...he was anti-gun to begin with, so he must be GTG.
Planning to shoot up and abortion clinic? PSYCHO, must be stopped at once!
Calling out to slay the monster that's been terrorizing the progressive left? Let him go!

nml
07-07-16, 22:55
Nothing like fascists showing their true colors. What a psycho.

BoringGuy45
07-07-16, 23:48
The ironic part about this is that it's a direct contradiction to their main argument against "assault weapons": That there is no reason for a person to own them. Considering that this doofus probably is envisioning an anti-gun paramilitary armed with ARs and AKs and not fudd guns, he's admitting that he DOES believe they have a practical use in civilian hands.

MountainRaven
07-08-16, 00:43
I suspect that it was meant tongue-in-cheek.

Still, it shouldn't have been said, but this is where discourse is in this country today.

Moose-Knuckle
07-08-16, 01:34
A terroristic threat is a terroristic threat.

Uprange41
07-08-16, 01:37
Lol what a bitch.

SteyrAUG
07-08-16, 02:48
I suspect that it was meant tongue-in-cheek.

Still, it shouldn't have been said, but this is where discourse is in this country today.

Trump was portrayed as a racist nazi for pointing out that not everyone coming from Mexico is here to make things better.

Screw this guy, sounds like terroristic threats to me. If I said exactly the same thing about a local black church or a mosque and can expect a visit from some Federal agency who would take my "not serious" comments very seriously and try to get me to understand you cannot joke about mass shootings.

So screw the professor. He should be on paid leave while he is investigated. The incident should go in his personal file. The NRA is comprised of men, women and children of many races, religions and cultures. He just threatened to shoot any of them indiscriminately in order to bring about a situation where they can be stripped of a fundamental civil right.

This guy should be on every watch list and if he ever attempts to buy a gun, DHS should be right there.

chuckman
07-08-16, 07:15
Once you get to "An adjunct professor at...." you know where this is going; if not tactically, then strategically.

I have a co-worker like that and the best response which sends him off in a frothing mass of rage is to treat him like I treat my 5 year-old daughter: "Oh, OK (said patronizingly). Let me pat you on the head you silly girl."

Bubba FAL
07-08-16, 08:31
POS needs to lose his job and have his life tuned upside down being investigated as a terrorist. In light of recent events in Dallas, a person making such inflammatory remarks should pay the price for his stupidity. Inciting violent slaughter of innocent human beings is not something to be taken lightly.

BoringGuy45
07-08-16, 08:52
POS needs to lose his job and have his life tuned upside down being investigated as a terrorist. In light of recent events in Dallas, a person making such inflammatory remarks should pay the price for his stupidity. Inciting violent slaughter of innocent human beings is not something to be taken lightly.

Agreed. We have professors getting investigated by their schools for not giving "trigger warnings" and displaying "micro aggression". I'm pretty sure this would constitute a "macro aggression."

gunrunner505
07-08-16, 09:39
He needs to be arrested and prosecuted to the limit of the law.

You would never hear the NRA advocate violence against another group that has a different opinion.

Why are anti gun people so violent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoringGuy45
07-08-16, 10:51
He needs to be arrested and prosecuted to the limit of the law.

You would never hear the NRA advocate violence against another group that has a different opinion.

They are violent but cowardly. They DO want to kill us, but they want to do so at no risk to their own life.

Moose-Knuckle
07-08-16, 13:15
The vast majority of those in the ivory tower of academia need to be rounded up and charged with sedition and the like.

Marxist infiltrated academia back when everyone was putting Hollywood under the spot light for reds and pinkos.

chuckman
07-08-16, 13:30
The vast majority of those in the ivory tower of academia need to be rounded up and charged with sedition and the like.

Some, sure, but it seems like most teachers/professors I know pretty much keep on the straight and narrow and just want to get tenure and retire. My wife is a social worker, she says "rule 1 is that 10% of the clients take 90% of your time and resources." I think this is true with academics: 10% make noise and take up 90% of people's attention.

Moose-Knuckle
07-08-16, 13:56
Some, sure, but it seems like most teachers/professors I know pretty much keep on the straight and narrow and just want to get tenure and retire. My wife is a social worker, she says "rule 1 is that 10% of the clients take 90% of your time and resources." I think this is true with academics: 10% make noise and take up 90% of people's attention.

AND yet we have an entire generation of Millennials who have been indoctrinated by this "10%" not to mention their grandparent's "counter-culture".

Harvard, Harvard Law, Columbia, UC Berkeley, etc. are all hot beds for Marxist radicalism.

The founder of La Raza is a professor at UTA just down the road from me.

_Stormin_
07-08-16, 19:47
This one has always been an issue with me. I can tell you, they're anti-gun usually because they're violent. They have uncontrollable rage and they can't be convinced that everyone else doesn't have it as well. If they had a gun they'd mow down their enemies, and as such they're convinced that it's exactly how you or I would respond if we were enraged and had our firearms. All just ticking time bombs...

BoringGuy45
07-08-16, 21:18
This one has always been an issue with me. I can tell you, they're anti-gun usually because they're violent. They have uncontrollable rage and they can't be convinced that everyone else doesn't have it as well. If they had a gun they'd mow down their enemies, and as such they're convinced that it's exactly how you or I would respond if we were enraged and had our firearms. All just ticking time bombs...

Maybe among some of them, but I don't think the majority of anti-gunners are that selfless to have that reason. I think most anti-gunners are divided between the willfully ignorant who refuse to accept that the world isn't sunshine and rainbows, and the more malevolent ones who want their enemies disarmed so that they can more easily rule and/or kill them.

SteyrAUG
07-08-16, 23:51
Maybe among some of them, but I don't think the majority of anti-gunners are that selfless to have that reason. I think most anti-gunners are divided between the willfully ignorant who refuse to accept that the world isn't sunshine and rainbows, and the more malevolent ones who want their enemies disarmed so that they can more easily rule and/or kill them.

Honestly, I think you underestimate them.

When I was young and engaged in futile dialogue I cannot count how many times I heard "I know if "I" had a machine gun / assault rifle I'd kill my neighbor or somebody in traffic with it." They would then go on to try and get me to "honestly admit" that it could happen to me to under the right circumstances and then they would begin to try and list hypothetical scenarios where I would kill a person who wasn't directly threatening my life simply because I would be angry enough.

And the only thing scarier than the reality that all of them would be willing to kill somebody in an unjustified situation and they only lacked the means was the appallingly low threshold scenarios they provided. Nearly ever scenario they presented was little more than a "**** you too buddy" conflict, but they were adamant about the fact that if it happened to me and I had my gun at the time, I would shoot somebody.

And for the record, if that was actually the case, I'd have a body count that would make any special forces guy envious.

gunrunner505
07-09-16, 01:14
Honestly, I think you underestimate them.

When I was young and engaged in futile dialogue I cannot count how many times I heard "I know if "I" had a machine gun / assault rifle I'd kill my neighbor or somebody in traffic with it." They would then go on to try and get me to "honestly admit" that it could happen to me to under the right circumstances and then they would begin to try and list hypothetical scenarios where I would kill a person who wasn't directly threatening my life simply because I would be angry enough.

And the only thing scarier than the reality that all of them would be willing to kill somebody in an unjustified situation and they only lacked the means was the appallingly low threshold scenarios they provided. Nearly ever scenario they presented was little more than a "**** you too buddy" conflict, but they were adamant about the fact that if it happened to me and I had my gun at the time, I would shoot somebody.

And for the record, if that was actually the case, I'd have a body count that would make any special forces guy envious.

Psychologists call that projection. If I can't be trusted with XYZ then neither can you.

They are all nuts.

Moose-Knuckle
07-09-16, 03:33
IMHO there are three types of anti-gunners:

1. Power players who want to control the masses and wish to remove the anti-tyranny mechanism from the serfs.

2. Violent dangerous people who don't want to get shot dead as they rape, rob, and murder.

3. Lemmings who have become drunk on the disarmament agenda's Kool-Aid.

scooter22
07-09-16, 03:38
IMHO there are three types of anti-gunners:

1. Power players who want to control the masses and wish to remove the anti-tyranny mechanism from the serfs.

2. Violent dangerous people who don't want to get shot dead as they rape, rob, and murder.

3. Lemmings who have become drunk on the disarmament agenda's Kool-Aid.

#3 is who I despise the most.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-09-16, 10:02
I thought he said this in class. It would have been fun to say "I'm your huckleberry. I'm a Lifetime Member, why don't you start with me right here, right now."

It would be nice to see a Libtard get caught in a zero-intelligence policy.