PDA

View Full Version : Help and recommendations for Crye JPC

slowlowmiata
07-09-16, 07:57
Hey guys I recently ordered one of these in size large.

https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/blc04202lg0_jumpable-plate-carrier-jpc

And I'm looking to deck it out with bulletproofme plates, they seem the best price for the features you recieve. The carrier looks like it will fit a 10×12 or 10×13 plate no issue. My question is would I be better served getting level 4 standalones and then some sort of trauma pad to reduce the pressure(cheaper) or get ICW plates with hard and soft plates(more expensive)? My needs are only for training purposes and/or a Orlando/Dallas/insert any soft target event I might find my self trapped in. Basically it will be worn very minimally but always be ready to go. Opinions?

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

slowlowmiata
07-09-16, 15:03
Anyone?

HKGuns
07-09-16, 16:11
I went with stand alone L IV from bulletproofme and am quite happy. Call them up and they'll help ensure you get the right size for your vest.

DevL
07-13-16, 18:27
Hey guys I recently ordered one of these in size large.

https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/blc04202lg0_jumpable-plate-carrier-jpc

And I'm looking to deck it out with bulletproofme plates, they seem the best price for the features you recieve. The carrier looks like it will fit a 10×12 or 10×13 plate no issue. My question is would I be better served getting level 4 standalones and then some sort of trauma pad to reduce the pressure(cheaper) or get ICW plates with hard and soft plates(more expensive)? My needs are only for training purposes and/or a Orlando/Dallas/insert any soft target event I might find my self trapped in. Basically it will be worn very minimally but always be ready to go. Opinions?

I have a JPC Large. I filled it with BPM plates. Be aware 10x12 DO NOT fit the JPC. It is very specifically made for SAPI sized plates. I have the Lightweight level 3+ plates they sell and they are fantastic. I had steel 10x12 in there prior and it was a nightmare for weight, uncomforatable and not fitting correctly. If you want 10x12 plates there are carriers that fit them well for less money like the Banshee. a Large SAPI size is for and average to larger thickness male that is over 6' tall. If you are under 6' and average to thick get a 10x12 and a different carrier. If you are 6' or less and thin get a medium SAPI. A small SAPI is for thin and 5'8" or less. These are generalities but I just want you to be forewarned to not try and buy a 10x12 plate for a JPC... its not cut for it. If you intend to get a heavier level IV plate, consider extra padding for the shoulders. Dont get ICW plates and add backers. It will be hot, not save weight, and not save any appreciable thickness.

slowlowmiata
07-14-16, 07:24
I have a JPC Large. I filled it with BPM plates. Be aware 10x12 DO NOT fit the JPC. It is very specifically made for SAPI sized plates. I have the Lightweight level 3+ plates they sell and they are fantastic. I had steel 10x12 in there prior and it was a nightmare for weight, uncomforatable and not fitting correctly. If you want 10x12 plates there are carriers that fit them well for less money like the Banshee. a Large SAPI size is for and average to larger thickness male that is over 6' tall. If you are under 6' and average to thick get a 10x12 and a different carrier. If you are 6' or less and thin get a medium SAPI. A small SAPI is for thin and 5'8" or less. These are generalities but I just want you to be forewarned to not try and buy a 10x12 plate for a JPC... its not cut for it. If you intend to get a heavier level IV plate, consider extra padding for the shoulders. Dont get ICW plates and add backers. It will be hot, not save weight, and not save any appreciable thickness.
Thanks for the info. Yes I am a bigger guy 6'3" 240lbs. I see other people running 10×12s in it on other threads just fine. What cut were the plates you were using?

DevL
07-18-16, 04:11
Thanks for the info. Yes I am a bigger guy 6'3" 240lbs. I see other people running 10×12s in it on other threads just fine. What cut were the plates you were using?

They were non spec 10x12 plates just like all 10x12 plates. They have no spec because anyone can run whatever shape they want and call it 10x12, since it is a non standardized shape. A 10x12 is too short for you. A 10x12 is likely to be too wide before the corner cuts and leave an inch or two of your carrier unfilled at the top, right where you need it most. If you call the corners pushing and stretching your JPC fabric to wear out early and leaving your carrier with no armor in the top inch or two running "just fine" then I guess you can claim that... but it is not true. I had Spartan 10x12 steel. They go in the carrier... they don't fit "just fine." I had an inch of no armor and it would have ruined the carrier had I run them for a year straight.

Alex V
07-18-16, 11:42
I went with stand alone L IV from bulletproofme and am quite happy. Call them up and they'll help ensure you get the right size for your vest.

This.

I have BulletProofMe Standalone Lvl4 SAPI plats in a medium JPC. I am 5'-10" and 145lbs. Based on the "How to Wear Body Armor" sticky thread it fits me perfectly. I called them, told them I had a Size-M JPC and they hooked me up. I can't say enough good things about them. I procrastinated and ordered the plates very last minute. I had a CQB class coming up and I didn't want to wear the loaner size XXXXXXXL carriers. They had the plates shipped to me directly from the manufacturer, and because the manufacturer ran late they over-nighted them to me at no additional cost.