PDA

View Full Version : Sig Sauer P226 Tacops

J-Dub
07-11-16, 19:53
Looking to pick one of these up for duty use. Anyone else use a Tacops model for duty use? Any issues you've encountered?

Thanks in advance.

sevenhelmet
07-11-16, 21:17
I haven't handled a Tacops, but I do have a Mk25, and I've used the M-11 for duty. Sig makes a darn good pistol IMO, and the 226/228/229 series are some of their best. Looks like the Tacops comes with the Short Reset Trigger (SRT), which is definitely a plus. FWIW, you can get the 20-round mags for any variant of the 226. They're made by MecGar, and very very good.

samuse
07-11-16, 22:01
I've had zero issues with the new Sigs since 2011. Equally as reliable and trouble free as my H&Ks. I say go for it.

nate89
07-12-16, 12:01
I have owned a 226 Tacops for about 2-3 years. I have over 10k through it by now, and has been through about 4 classes including a handgun 2 class with Chris Costa. In that class especially, it got racked off the gravel, and generally used pretty hard, with no issues. I did have the recoil spring break in half at about the 6k mark, but Sig does recommend a replacement every 5k, so my bad on that. I eventually replaced the grips with the standard (non-magwell) versions, and I also sanded down the tops of the grips. If you shoot a thumbs forward style hold, the top of the classic sig grips will wear your thumb out. Overall I really like the gun. I shoot and carry it more than anything else now, and have been very happy with it.

samuse
07-12-16, 12:15
I have owned a 226 Tacops for about 2-3 years. I have over 10k through it by now, and has been through about 4 classes including a handgun 2 class with Chris Costa. In that class especially, it got racked off the gravel, and generally used pretty hard, with no issues. I did have the recoil spring break in half at about the 6k mark, but Sig does recommend a replacement every 5k, so my bad on that. I eventually replaced the grips with the standard (non-magwell) versions, and I also sanded down the tops of the grips. If you shoot a thumbs forward style hold, the top of the classic sig grips will wear your thumb out. Overall I really like the gun. I shoot and carry it more than anything else now, and have been very happy with it.

The recoil spring change interval is different depending on who you talk to, but from my experience, 3.5K in where I like to change mine on a 9mm P226. I change the trigger bar spring every other recoil spring.

nate89
07-12-16, 15:56
That sounds like a better number. I just have the page from the armorer's manual that lists parts replacement schedules, but nothing wrong with keeping that spring fresh. I would not want that to happen again either in a match or when carrying it.

As a bit of a thread drift, where are the best places to get recoil springs? I think sig had a 3-pack for about 20 bucks, is there a better place to buy?

samuse
07-12-16, 16:36
I waited for Sig to have a little sale and I bought enough springs and a few parts kits that would keep me going for a million rounds or so.