PDA

View Full Version : WTH? Garden var Colt LE6920 sold on GB for $2600???

Secondofangle
07-12-16, 01:06
This was a garden variety restricted marked 6920 listed as NIB and incorrectly described as a "blue label" gun ( label was blue but it was not a 1990-1994 specimen of blue label) and it sold for $2587??!

Am i missing something here?
http://www.gunbroker.com/item/565220440

Zirk208
07-12-16, 01:27
Would its manufacture date (2012) help someone who lives in a communist state with a recently implemented AWB?
I'm just grasping at straws.

Falar
07-12-16, 01:32
I guess someone really digs the old rollmarks.

I had stockpiled a few of those right after they went to the .154" pins but had to sell them before I moved to a ban state in late '11.

Now I wish I would have never left and started selling them.

Ryno12
07-12-16, 05:46
Items are "worth" whatever someone is willing to pay for it, whether others agree with it or not. A couple years back I saw them selling for $3500-5k.

I also think that one in the OP is older than a 2012 model. I have one that was purchased in 2011 and dated by Colt as a 2009 that has a higher SN.

misfit47
07-12-16, 07:10
Someone really wanted the leo roll marks. Colt collectors have always been an odd bunch.

Beat Trash
07-12-16, 07:17
I have two of them with the restricted roll marks and less than 100 rounds through each gun.

I guess I should post them on gun broker. If that one sold for $2,587, I'd be nice and let mine go for $2,586.99 each...

TheNegativeOne
07-12-16, 09:30
Omg unlicensed gun dealers!

samuse
07-12-16, 09:32
I had a few of those, I couldn't stand the Restricted LE/GOV rollmarks and sold them off and replaced 'em with LMT lowers.

titsonritz
07-12-16, 10:17
Prime example of "A fool and his money will soon be parted."

jpmuscle
07-12-16, 10:24
Who says garden var??

Eurodriver
07-12-16, 10:57
Colt collectors have always been an odd bunch.

No doubt.

556BlackRifle
07-12-16, 11:33
Caveat emptor!

That fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place. :rolleyes:

PrivateCitizen
07-12-16, 12:28
I can only guess the buyers thought blue label meant pre-ban? A bobo mistake … but if not that I am clearly missing something.

dsk
07-12-16, 16:20
Someone really wanted the leo roll marks. Colt collectors have always been an odd bunch.

I've got one of the Sporter-marked SP6920s that were only made for less than a year (2010) and looks exactly like this one except for the markings. Maybe I ought to cast a line and see who I hook as well? :rolleyes:

BTW looking at his auction a little closer it appears he has more than one for sale. He shows "stock" pictures of one serial number, and the box at the end ("The last picture shows the box end flap with the serial number you will receive") shows a different SN.

bigwagon
07-13-16, 22:58
There seems to be a group of collectors who regard the LEO restricted markings as a holy grail of sorts. I don't really understand why, must be a weird Colt thing that I as a Colt guy am missing. I don't see anybody paying huge premiums for LEO marked magazines.

dsk
07-13-16, 23:31
They're probably not collectors in the purest sense. More likely they're people who simply think it's really cool to own something that is clearly marked for LE/military only, which also implies that they're not supposed to have it. They're the same people who would laugh at me for having the same exact, identical rifle but clearly marked for civilians, because as we all know no Navy SEAL or Delta Force operator would ever use an M4 marked "Sporter" on it.

samuse
07-14-16, 09:45
There seems to be a group of collectors who regard the LEO restricted markings as a holy grail of sorts. I don't really understand why, must be a weird Colt thing that I as a Colt guy am missing. I don't see anybody paying huge premiums for LEO marked magazines.

That is a strange thing to me too. I never thought about it until I had a shooter buddy of mine look at my Colt and say he wouldn't like anything with the LE/GOV ONLY stamp on it. I didn't pay it any mind for over a year, but it was nagging on me. It finally got the best of me and I ended up selling every lower and magazine I owned that had those markings in early 2013.:rolleyes:

I tried to replace my Colt lowers with Noveske and BCM and ultimately ended up with LMT.

Falar
07-14-16, 12:35
They're probably not collectors in the purest sense. More likely they're people who simply think it's really cool to own something that is clearly marked for LE/military only, which also implies that they're not supposed to have it. They're the same people who would laugh at me for having the same exact, identical rifle but clearly marked for civilians, because as we all know no Navy SEAL or Delta Force operator would ever use an M4 marked "Sporter" on it.

I had one of the "restricted" marked 6920s from when they first went to .154" pins and seemed to jump big time into the civilian game....I sold it when I moved from Texas to California at a loss since it was purchased during panic time.

Wish I had it now that I'm baack. Coould have sold it and bought 3 more 6920s at today's prices.

The only thing "cool" about those markings (a lot of my 12rd HK Mark 23 mags had these markings as well since they apparently never updated the tooling after the '04 sunset) was that they were a reminder of what could return (AWB) and a company's attitude changing for the better.

dramabeats
07-14-16, 16:09

The sporter isn't made by Colt.

dsk
07-14-16, 20:00
The Sporter that I have was.