PDA

View Full Version : Gunbroker's best sellers for May 2016

Slater
07-13-16, 07:57
With all the Remingtons, Mossbergs, Benellis, etc. out there, Kel-Tec is the leader in sales of new pump shotguns? Is Kel-Tec that good or just cheaper?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/6/23/gunbrokercoms-top-selling-firearms-for-may-2016/

C4IGrant
07-13-16, 08:30
With all the Remingtons, Mossbergs, Benellis, etc. out there, Kel-Tec is the leader in sales of new pump shotguns? Is Kel-Tec that good or just cheaper?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/6/23/gunbrokercoms-top-selling-firearms-for-may-2016/

Cheaper.

C4

djegators
07-13-16, 08:57
Cheaper.

C4

And with so many things, it is a hot fad right now...certainly not based on quality, IMO.

BillBond
07-13-16, 09:30
The Kel-Tec is crap.

ramairthree
07-13-16, 09:52
I got into this with some guys on the Beretta forum a while back.

I pick up a CX4 and see non standard height sights, a cheesy, useless flimsy front pull out rail,
Poor quality mag type inserts that you wear out and have to replace, know issues with some runs of interior parts breakage,
And a stupid thumb hole and no threads that easily could have been avoided with some parts made here.

Others actually buy it for the looks and coolness.

I pick up a PX4 and see an operating systems that precludes it being a viable suppressor host, way too slippery grips, idiotic shit like snapping, moving fingers groove on magazine bases, etc.
And others bought it for looks and innovation and coolness.

Sure, a lot of Dirty Harry 44 mags got sold because of coolness,
Same for Berettas after movies in the 80s,
But there are a lot out there that buy Kel Tecs because they are cool.

I have one for Glock mags.
But when all is said and done it is not a durable, long term weapon.
If you get one that is functional and reliable,
It does not mean it would last a couple of nights outside the wire.

brickboy240
07-13-16, 09:57
Meh. Give me an 870 Police Magnum over anything Kel Tec churns out.

djegators
07-13-16, 10:20
Meh. Give me an 870 Police Magnum over anything Kel Tec churns out.

Especially the older ones...I would prefer an old wingmaster police trade-in to most of the new production Remingtons.

Moose-Knuckle
07-14-16, 04:10
Especially the older ones...I would prefer an old wingmaster police trade-in to most of the new production Remingtons.

My father's 870 Police is vintage 70's, that will get passed down to my son eventually. They sure as hell don't make them like that anymore . . .

djegators
07-14-16, 07:54
My father's 870 Police is vintage 70's, that will get passed down to my son eventually. They sure as hell don't make them like that anymore . . .

For the same money, I cannot see any reason to buy a new questionable model versus a tried and true police trade-in...got a Wingmaster and a Police Magnum as current projects....gonna test them in an upcoming combat shotgun class.

J-Dub
07-14-16, 07:57
Is Kel-Tec that good or just cheaper?

Obviously its better, the well trained hyper vigilant armed citizen only procures the finest of weaponry.

SteyrAUG
07-14-16, 13:55

Cheaper, looks modern. Give me my 870 every time.

Jellybean
07-14-16, 19:02

Dude. It holds 14 rounds. And the bullsh...pup configuration "sticks it to the man".
Not that I have a problem with either of those two attractive features.
But there's your answer.

Frankly, I can't believe the damn Sub-2000 is the top selling semi-auto "rifle" of the month.... wow. I was prepared for a low-level AR variant but... that?
:suicide:

Outlander Systems
07-14-16, 19:10
I want to want the KSG.

I really do.

My BIL and nephew both have one and love 'em. I haven't had the chance to scatter shot downrange with one, but:

If you look at pre-2004 ARs, and ARs from 2016, there have been tremendous improvements and developments to the platform.

If you look at shotguns over the past 30 years, nothing has changed. They're still way too ****ing long to deploy inside of confined spaces, have limited capacity, and are generally horrible for shooters of small stature.

The KSG, turd or not, is a step in the right direction, in terms of Shotgun technology.

Why the hell Remington or Mossberg couldn't do something to outclass it is beyond me, but they are apparently happy selling anachronistic antiques.

Leonidas24
07-14-16, 22:23
I want to want the KSG.

I really do.

My BIL and nephew both have one and love 'em. I haven't had the chance to scatter shot downrange with one, but:

If you look at pre-2004 ARs, and ARs from 2016, there have been tremendous improvements and developments to the platform.

If you look at shotguns over the past 30 years, nothing has changed. They're still way too ****ing long to deploy inside of confined spaces, have limited capacity, and are generally horrible for shooters of small stature.

The KSG, turd or not, is a step in the right direction, in terms of Shotgun technology.

Why the hell Remington or Mossberg couldn't do something to outclass it is beyond me, but they are apparently happy selling anachronistic antiques.

I'd be down for a shotgun which has a tube above the barrel, and loads from the top as well. Getting that into a bullpup configuration would be difficult but it would at least be something new.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-14-16, 22:31
Pump action magazine fed shotguns would be interesting. Remington made a version for Canada IIRC. Interesting way of sneaking up on the sportster clause BS.

Outlander Systems
07-15-16, 06:55
Absolutely. If someone could take the positives of the KSG, and go beyond it by adding a three-way selector for safe/pump/semi operation, and put into a reliable package for $1,000 or less, I couldn't buy one fast enough.

I'd be down for a shotgun which has a tube above the barrel, and loads from the top as well. Getting that into a bullpup configuration would be difficult but it would at least be something new.

WickedWillis
07-15-16, 10:48
Obviously its better, the well trained hyper vigilant armed citizen only procures the finest of weaponry.

Well trained once a year over campfire beers that tout their super reliability :dance3:

WickedWillis
07-15-16, 10:49
Absolutely. If someone could take the positives of the KSG, and go beyond it by adding a three-way selector for safe/pump/semi operation, and put into a reliable package for $1,000 or less, I couldn't buy one fast enough.

I agree with this as well. I think Kel Tec has some historically neat ideas, but their engineering and quality control is historically bad.

BoringGuy45
07-15-16, 11:37
I agree with this as well. I think Kel Tec has some historically neat ideas, but their engineering and quality control is historically bad.

That's the problem with Kel-Tec. They're one of the few cheap companies whose new ideas are often pretty practical and do fill certain niches. If they only spent some of their R&D money on actually making good quality stuff, they'd probably be a respectable company.

Outlander Systems
07-15-16, 11:44
Absolutely.

Kel Tec has potential...

But they're the manufacturing equivalent of dropping out in the second semester of senior year.

My hope is that the KSG beats up on Mossberg and Remington sales to FORCE their asses to build a better mousetrap.

A better mousetrap can be built, and the KSG is indicative of a precedent for folks wanting a more maneuverable shotgun with more firepower on deck.