PDA

View Full Version : This snake oil tastes pretty good actually...KynSHOT buffer.

sadmin
07-13-16, 12:25
I had to post about this because I’m genuinely shocked at how much I am both enjoying this product, and how reliable it’s been thus far.

Background: I have an AR that I sort of use as a sandbox for all the hipshit that comes out that Im too weak to avoid from purchasing.
It is a 14.5 BCM Mid that has worn every supposed recoil reducing break, comp, buffer, spring, BCG, whizbang device that had any sort of following.
I buy it, shoot it with 55gr PMC or some equally underpowered ammo, and if it can cycle through 250 rounds at least; I dont list it in the Marketplace.
Absolutely zero scientific data or measure, to assume a replication of the setup would work successfully, but it works for me.

I began this recoil-less rifle back when Buford had that fantastic post about the LMT E-carrier / VLTOR A5 post…so a few years ago now. I chased the white dragon through hundreds of dollars with the end result always being that it would work in its least recoil inducing config, but I was subscribed to certain ammo. I wanted it to work with trash ammo. Issue after issue led to me sending the upper back to BCM where they noticed a leak at the GB, fixed it of course and got back on with the pissing away of money.

The last “mostly” working config was this:
A5H3
Seekins Comp
Sprinco Green
LMT Enhanced Carrier – Mil BC

I say mostly since it would still choke on some random nickel ammo I purchased a few years ago. My 6720 will cycle it without issue.
It was loud, but the sights didn’t move. Now before anyone hits me with the ability of sights to not move with a Carbine and training and all that jazz…I know, this is a fun project, that is all.

Fast forward until 6 months ago and I see a promo video with Kyle Lamb using a Kynshot hydraulic buffer. The marketing is strong with this one. Use a vetted top tier ex-operator with a beard and have him tell me how great it is…SIGN ME UP. JK, I’m skeptical but go for it. I get the recommended setup from NOKICK and throw it in and load up 4 mags of PMC 55gr. Zero issues. Perfect brass toss each time. Impossible. I load up Brown Bear and this Nickel crap… zero issues. Feels like a .22LR. Dont believe. I try a Mil-BCG and…. butter. Im smiling. Its ridiculously light recoil, lighter than the previous setup with the A5 and LMT E. In my gut though I assume with some additional carbon build up / viscosity changes, it will choke. Happy to report I’ve hit 2k of PMC with no issues still. I even put one in a BA 12.5 Hanson upper and its even smoother. Great barrel as an aside, they know gas port sizing.

It would make a great hunting setup. If I can get to 6k with good cycling, ill report back.

tl;dr: KynSHOT would make a great option for hunting, will get you killed in the streets of course.

1BallJ
07-13-16, 12:48
I've got one on my 9mm AR, pre Kyle pimping them. I've noticed a considerable decrease in felt recoil with a heavy 9mm BCG. Right now I am tuning it to a V5 receiver extension.

KITTEN_FRENZY
07-14-16, 19:23
Ugh, convinced me to just order one.

Got it for $85 shipped!

Hope I don't have to wait a month for it since I ordered from botach lol

cop1211
07-14-16, 22:43
Can you use with the VLTOR A5 buffertube, and spring?

KITTEN_FRENZY
07-14-16, 22:53
Can you use with the VLTOR A5 buffertube, and spring?

Maybe with a spacer like in 9mm ARs... don't quote me on that though.

http://www.westford86.com/AR15/9mm_AR/IMG_8795.jpg