PDA

View Full Version : Surface Finish on Noveske Lowers

Armadillo
07-14-16, 23:06
Is there a known spec on the finishes of the different Noveske lowers? I just got s few 1st Gen Chainsaw lowers and they are magnificent. They are a slick shiny black. My Gen 3 lower on the other hand has a more dull finish. I am even considering getting it a Robar NP3 or Ceracoat finish if it was not so expensive. I may just take the Gen 3 lower and heat it up real good with a blow dryer and wipe frog lube all into it.

Any thoughts?

scooter22
07-14-16, 23:09
It's anodized, and possibly cerakoted.

Put some lube on it, and shoot it.

Armadillo
07-14-16, 23:17
It's anodized, and possibly cerakoted.

Put some lube on it, and shoot it.

The Chainsaws are going into long term storage.

The Gen 3 lower is waiting on the Magpul UBR 2 and the funds to buy a sweet Noveske upper. It will become a SBR (already have a stamp).
This rifle will become a trophy piece unlike my go to Gen 2 Noveske 16" (overall) that I shoot.

MORifleman
07-15-16, 15:14
I believe the newer lowers are cerakoted black. I have 5 older Gen 1s that are just anodized, but my newest one is a lot shinier black like you mentioned. I'm pretty sure its cerakoted.

Armadillo
07-15-16, 15:51
I believe the newer lowers are cerakoted black. I have 5 older Gen 1s that are just anodized, but my newest one is a lot shinier black like you mentioned. I'm pretty sure its cerakoted.

That is great to hear. It cost so much money to get an aftermarket cerakote and all my lowers came with that. I am thrilled at the looks of them.

I think I may have to bite the bullet and get my Gen 3 (for my SBR) cerakoted since that is going to be a show piece. There is a place near me that is an official dealer and paints them.

Stickman
07-16-16, 19:03
Some are, and some are not.

556BlackRifle
07-17-16, 12:03
My gen 1 is matte anodized and my gen 3 is cerakote over anodized. Personally I like the matte finish of the gen 1 better than the semi-glossy cerakote finish.

KalashniKEV
07-17-16, 13:21
I don't know about the Gens because I only shoot standard parts (Gen-1-type).

My X-prefix Noveske lowers are shiny and my C-prefix Noveske lowers are dull.

Whatevs.