PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6400c muzzel compensator

PLCedeno
09-01-08, 14:08
Have a new 6400c. Anyone know how to take off this rediculous compensator? Adds noise, weight and length.

223/556 ammo is tame enouth that i dont feel i need a compensator and the right choices in ammo have allowed me to minimize muzzel flash.

I have a Colt MT6731 1/9 16 in barrel that came w/o flash or muzzel compensator and have used it in several classes. Under my circumstances (New Jersey) it has worked well.

Col_Crocs
09-02-08, 01:28
You mean a pinned comp? You do plan on having it re-pinned right?:D There's a thread around here somewhere.
Your best bet is to take it or ship it off to a good gunsmith. Adco's very reliable I hear.

PLCedeno
09-02-08, 07:57
Yes its pinned. I plan on leaving it without a compensator or flash hider (which is unavailable to us in NJ). My Colt MT6731 is set up this way.

markm
09-02-08, 08:23
From some of the accounts I've read over the years.... the best way to get it off is shoot the gun and wait for it to fly off the barrel. :p

Col_Crocs
09-02-08, 09:02
Yes its pinned. I plan on leaving it without a compensator or flash hider (which is unavailable to us in NJ). My Colt MT6731 is set up this way.

Im not from NJ so I dont know your laws... so youre not allowed to have a FH at all??
I read in this thread that I started that even possession of a rifle with a removable FH or provisions for one (I think), is technically already illegal. What do you plan on doing about the threads?

cqbdriver
09-02-08, 11:32
From some of the accounts I've read over the years.... the best way to get it off is shoot the gun and wait for it to fly off the barrel. :p

That's what happened to mind. Looked all over the range for it & couldn't find it. I finally gave up & went to collect my target at 25 yds. I found the comp at the foot of the target & a nice large dent in the target. A Side note: if you need to zero your comp for impact at 25 yds - there is about a 12" drop at 25 :D

My comp used roll pins. Later versions were solid.

markm
09-02-08, 11:49
A Side note: if you need to zero your comp for impact at 25 yds - there is about a 12" drop at 25 :D

:p One to the chest, and a comp to the nuts to make sure he drops!

PLCedeno
09-02-08, 12:50
Im not from NJ so I dont know your laws... so youre not allowed to have a FH at all??
I read in this thread that I started that even possession of a rifle with a removable FH or provisions for one (I think), is technically already illegal. What do you plan on doing about the threads?

FH's are not allowed in NJ period. Comps are allowed but must be permanently attached. There are no threads under the comp or on the barrel. It is held in place by two pins. So long as the barrel is 16 in (which it is) i dont need to have a comp on it. Generally speaking comps are much worse than having nothing in terms of Flash hiding, add noise to the user and unnecessary length/weight if the barrel underneath it is already 16 in.

Under the comp it looks just like the barrel on Colt's MT6731. That happens to be my other rifle. http://www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/MTCompHBARII.asp

Col_Crocs
09-02-08, 16:59
That's what happened to mind. Looked all over the range for it & couldn't find it. I finally gave up & went to collect my target at 25 yds. I found the comp at the foot of the target & a nice large dent in the target. A Side note: if you need to zero your comp for impact at 25 yds - there is about a 12" drop at 25 :D

My comp used roll pins. Later versions were solid.

Hahahaha! Thats funny! Woudve loved to see that!:D

kingc
09-02-08, 17:55
They don't blow off anymore.

To get it off, get a punch and hammer, and knock out the two solid pins. The brake will easily pull right off after the pins are removed.. That's all there is.

PLCedeno
09-02-08, 21:07
They don't blow off anymore.

To get it off, get a punch and hammer, and knock out the two solid pins. The brake will easily pull right off after the pins are removed.. That's all there is.

Thank you.