PDA

View Full Version : "One in a Billion Shot"

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-15-16, 10:03
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/13/jeffco-deputy-cleared-in-shooting/

In an exchange of gunfire that left him seriously wounded, Marquez hit one suspect in the leg, and another of his .45-caliber bullets made a “one in a billion” shot, according to a letter Orman wrote to Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Shrader and Aurora Police Chief Nick Metz.

That round traveled up the barrel of the attacker’s gun, colliding with a cartridge in the chamber and rendering the .40-caliber pistol inoperable, the letter said.

Why can't cops do the 'up the barrel' all the time to disarm shooters?

Whiskey_Bravo
07-15-16, 10:05
This should be the new standard when dealing with armed individuals from now on. Anything less is racist.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-15-16, 10:08
45 up a 40Sw barrel, ouch. Hope he had some CLP in the barrel....

WickedWillis
07-15-16, 10:56
http://www.denverpost.com/2016/07/13/jeffco-deputy-cleared-in-shooting/

Why can't cops do the 'up the barrel' all the time to disarm shooters?

This should be the new standard when dealing with armed individuals from now on. Anything less is racist.

Both of these comments are absolute gold.

ColtSeavers
07-15-16, 11:14
There's a sexuallly related context joke in there somewhere methinks.

WickedWillis
07-15-16, 11:16

Someone on another thread mentioned "two kids in a sandbox" and I almost spit water all over my computer.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-15-16, 12:08

That Glock identifies as a muzzle loader now....

You welcome.

KTR03
07-15-16, 12:31
looks like an XD to me.

SomeOtherGuy
07-15-16, 12:46
The shooter must have been some kinda liberal. Encouraging trans-loading to a proper pistol. Blasphemy. The infamous crime against nature.

ggammell
07-15-16, 14:59
#calibreidentityissues

SteyrAUG
07-15-16, 15:50

I just don't know why that cop couldn't have shot a bullet down the gun barrel, my baby is a good boy and just needed some help. He didn't need no one to just kill him. Besides he didn't do nothing wrong, he was only shooting at cops.

MegademiC
07-15-16, 18:23
I wonder if a bonded load would have penetrated enough to reach the vitals.

nml
07-15-16, 18:47
Would have been better if it had just made a barrel blockage for the next shot...

SOWT
07-15-16, 18:53
Wonder if Springfield's warranty covers this?

Moose-Knuckle
07-16-16, 05:20
Maybe this is what they mean when they say jihadis just fire from the hip knowing allah will guide their bullets . . .

Moral of the story kids . . . weird shit happens in gun fights, laws of physics and all that.

_Stormin_
07-16-16, 06:15
I just don't know why that cop couldn't have shot a bullet down the gun barrel, my baby is a good boy and just needed some help. He didn't need no one to just kill him. Besides he didn't do nothing wrong, he was only shooting at cops.
How's he gunna pay for clothes and food while he goes to school?!?

Saw this and shook my head knowing that idiots would think that this is somehow something that you could expect people to do to disarm a shooter now... It's just like when the Tasers became almost standard. Any OIS became, "why didn't they just tase him?!?"