PDA

View Full Version : Palmetto State Armory - on vacation or just ignoring customers???

voiceofreason
07-15-16, 11:10
I've ordered from them previously. One time, they shorted me a single box of .223, which they promptly shipped quickly.

I placed an order on the 9th, but saw that they hadn't shipped my order yet. I needed it by Monday the 18th, or I would need to get it from a local source.

Every time I call, there is NO answer, just "cust reps on line with other cust" type recording. Multiple calls over multiple days. I've emailed twice with no response.

At this point, I just want my order cancelled and have already placed an order with a different company to get it tomorrow.

When I mentioned it, my friend said it took PSA 2 weeks to ship his ammo order.

What's going on with PSA? or is this the norm for them? I've only had to call them one time before.

I know they're legit overall, just wondering what's happening. Also wondering if they're going to ignore me until the order ships.

Will likely not use or rec them in the future.

misfit47
07-15-16, 11:21
Typically you've gotta have patience with them. Sometimes thinge ship in 2 days, other times its 2 weeks.

BG1960
07-15-16, 11:22
Normal PSA from my experience. They are cheap, but they ain't no MidwayUSA.

misfit47
07-15-16, 11:25
Slightly better than botach lol

snowdog650
07-15-16, 12:10
I never order something from PSA that I think I will need within the next 8 - 12 weeks. If you take that approach, it is much less frustrating.

If I *need* something quickly, I just buy elsewhere. The extra 10% in cost is worth not gouging out my own eyeballs waiting for the UPS guy day after day.

If I can wait, I'll use PSA if the price is right ...

IraqVet1982
07-15-16, 12:12
The hysteria has already begun, be prepared to wait.

scooter22
07-15-16, 12:24
The hysteria has already begun, be prepared to wait.

They're slow af regardless.

misfit47
07-15-16, 12:29
I haven't seen any hysteria happening.

voiceofreason
07-16-16, 10:17
PSA took care of it. Just took 'em a while, but they took care of it.

sevenhelmet
07-16-16, 10:29
Can you elaborate? Are you getting your order on time, or did they cancel it?

I've ordered from PSA but, like others, I don't order stuff from them I might want to use next weekend, or even next month. It's well known PSA is a crapshoot on shipping times, unlike just about every other vendor I've ordered from. Unless something is rare or being custom-made, I generally don't like waiting more than a couple of weeks.

ucrt
07-16-16, 10:37

They're probably too busy repricing for their scalping mode anticipating a demand change with all the activity lately.

...but maybe it's just me...

AM-15
07-18-16, 17:25

They're probably too busy repricing for their scalping mode anticipating a demand change with all the activity lately.

...but maybe it's just me...

It is just you :)

Eurodriver
07-18-16, 18:10
I bought 64gr Gold Dots on June 21st.

They still haven't shipped.

I expected this though; it is PSA.

kerplode
07-18-16, 19:05
I'll echo what everyone else is saying...PSA is slow. In my experience, it generally takes them a week to 10 days to ship orders.

They have good sale prices, but if you need something on a schedule, look elsewhere. SGAmmo and Midway are both super fast at shipping stuff out.

Ryno12
07-18-16, 19:17
I bought 64gr Gold Dots on June 21st.

They still haven't shipped.

I expected this though; it is PSA.

Maybe TheNegativeOne can pull some strings.

...or maybe he already did. ;)

Eurodriver
07-18-16, 19:24
Maybe TheNegativeOne can pull some strings.

...or maybe he already did. ;)

Haha.

Legit the only thing I ever buy from PSA are 64/75gr Gold Dots.

How they are the only retailer on the planet selling them for $0.50/ea is beyond me, but I'll deal with their shenanigans for that.

ISiman/oh
07-18-16, 19:27
If you want to get PSAs awesome prices you have to wait for there shipping. It's been well known that they usually have a longer ship time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xrlizard
07-18-16, 20:21
I've had thing arrive from them in 3 days and in 3 weeks. Hit or miss on speed but usually can't beat their ammo prices.

Kain
07-18-16, 20:22
Last few orders I've run through them have been relatively quick. The one that impressed the living hell out of me was the order on Sunday had it by Wednesday. That said, it has been, three, four months, since my last order, and I don't order things often from them because as others have stated they can be slow as ****. Trust me I've been there yelling at them over the phone after being told twice it was being walked to the shipping department only to have a manager finally admit the item wasn't in stock, swore them off for around 3 years after that one. At this point, other than the odd ammo deal and some mags or odds and ends, I don't order much from them, since I can get is cheaper and faster elsewhere, and when I do order I expect weeks of waiting.

Straight Shooter
07-18-16, 23:20
Just got an order of Hornady TAP ammo in under a week. I order all the time and Ive never had any sort of problem.
EVERYBODY is wackadoo right in the firearms world. Ordered a holser for my girls Shield, and had to acknowledge a 3-5 week waiting period. Now, someone said they ordered on 21June...now THAT is bs Id be calling about myself.
Don't they have a representative on here, aren't they members?

Eurodriver
07-19-16, 06:38
I generally buy ammo 2-3 years in advance precisely for this reason.

I could give you my order number and you can call for me, but it isn't worth my time.

laxman09
07-19-16, 08:42
I ordered a few hundred rounds from them on July 8 and should be getting it delivered today.

Eurodriver
07-20-16, 09:23
My order shipped.

Thanks TheNegativeOne

Ryno12
07-20-16, 09:35
My order shipped.

Thanks TheNegativeOne

[emoji3]

gunner69
07-22-16, 23:34
I have always received great stuff from PSA. I Made a recent purchase from them then traveled outside the country. Had a credit card problem and froze my account. Got back and attempted to pay for my order. Their guy was very cold and said "too bad, you missed it we are sold out." That attitude really pissed me off so any future buys from them are unlikely.