PDA

View Full Version : Small Skirmish Won

Dienekes
07-15-16, 18:14
Just checked in to a nice little mom and pop motel in Ft. Morgan CO. Cranked up the tablet to check this site to get a notification that it was blocked "for content". Went down to the office to explain that this site had a lot of active and retired military and veterans (aka good guys) and voice my displeasure at the censorship.

I was, at the same time, able to pull up numerous other gun-related sites. I sent off a msg to the Charter administrator stating my concerns. Being me, I had to suggest that perhaps their censors would be more at home working in North Korea.

About ten minutes later the desk clerk came by and said that Charter had unblocked the site and I could view it. She and her husband enjoyed the whole episode.

A cheap thrill, but these days 'll take any little thing I can get.

(Nice clean, affordable motel with nice people. If you're in the area and need a place to stay, PM me.)

docsherm
07-15-16, 18:38
That is good. Small victories are still victories.

RazorBurn
07-15-16, 20:05
That's awesome. I haven't had it happen to me yet, but if I do I have a template for trying to get it corrected. Good job!

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-15-16, 23:29
Just checked in to a nice little mom and pop motel in Ft. Morgan CO. Cranked up the tablet to check this site to get a notification that it was blocked "for content". Went down to the office to explain that this site had a lot of active and retired military and veterans (aka good guys) and voice my displeasure at the censorship.

I was, at the same time, able to pull up numerous other gun-related sites. I sent off a msg to the Charter administrator stating my concerns. Being me, I had to suggest that perhaps their censors would be more at home working in North Korea.

About ten minutes later the desk clerk came by and said that Charter had unblocked the site and I could view it. She and her husband enjoyed the whole episode.

A cheap thrill, but these days 'll take any little thing I can get.

(Nice clean, affordable motel with nice people. If you're in the area and need a place to stay, PM me.)

I'm glad you are enjoying Ft Morgan, but believe me, there are better parts of our state near by ;)

Bulletdog
07-15-16, 23:37
I travel for business and stay at hotels all over the world on a regular basis. I've never had this site, or any other site blocked before. What kind of crazy BS is that?

Man. I would have been livid!