PDA

View Full Version : Original SOE Lead Time Question

skylineracer329
07-16-16, 19:31
Any order from SOE gear lately? I just order a belt from them and they didn't mention the 12 week lead time till after I paid for it. Anyone know if that's accurate for the belts? Or is it just a generic message they send for everything?

mattieb
07-16-16, 19:35
I wouldn't ask them because they will flip out on you for anything call you names etc. never happens to me but I've seen hundreds of cases on Facebook YouTube you name it I'd never give them my money no matter if it was 99% off. And yes the lead time is probably real close to accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skylineracer329
07-16-16, 19:37
I wouldn't ask them because they will flip out on you for anything call you names etc. never happens to me but I've seen hundreds of cases on Facebook YouTube you name it I'd never give them my money no matter if it was 99% off. And yes the lead time is probably real close to accurate

Yeah they seem super douchey, and they hang out with James Yeager so 'nuff said

But it looked like they have solid products. I'm not waiting 12 weeks for a damn belt.

davidz71
07-16-16, 19:47
I've waited about 12 weeks on two belts from SOE and am pleased with what I received.

skylineracer329
07-16-16, 19:49
I've waited about 12 weeks on two belts from SOE and am pleased with what I received.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure they're awesome, they look like they obviously put a ton of effort into their product. I just need a belt now ish, not 3 months from now

tostado22
07-16-16, 20:20
I won't deal with them for the same reasons mattieb mentioned. Also I got tired of their little bromance with James Yeager.

That said, I bought one of their belts way back when and it is solid. If you're ok with long lead times and faggotry, you will end up with a good belt.

skylineracer329
07-16-16, 20:30
Anyone use the HSGI 1.5 cobra belt or the elite survival systems CO belt? Looking for an alternative but I can't find much on either of those. I'm mostly concerned about how much wiggle room there is with their sizes

cop1211
07-16-16, 22:19
Cancel and order from Ares.

Straight Shooter
07-16-16, 23:12
The guy makes good stuff, but he is a mental case imho, and a COMPLETE ASSHOLE. Plenty of video evidence. He aint the only game in town.

tostado22
07-17-16, 00:46

This, if you're just looking for an EDC belt Ares is hard to beat. Less "tactical/I-have-a-gun" looking, goes great with a tucked shirt and supports anything on your belt.

b2dap1
07-17-16, 07:30
Mine didn't take 12 weeks...3 or so if I remember. Nice belt but now that I see his videos on youtube towards his customers that was my last order.

J_B
07-17-16, 11:33

Fvck YES......love my Ares duty LE and Aegis.

jwhyte
07-17-16, 12:01
I ordered a low pro edc belt from them last month and it shipped within two weeks. My other edc belt from was about six weeks but that was over a year ago.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

bighawk
07-17-16, 12:24
Anyone use the HSGI 1.5 cobra belt or the elite survival systems CO belt? Looking for an alternative but I can't find much on either of those. I'm mostly concerned about how much wiggle room there is with their sizes

I have an HSGI 1.5" cobra belt and its a great belt however its not nearly as stiff as my Ares ranger belt.

I much prefer my Ares ranger belt and I've been wearing it daily for about 4 1/2 years.

If you need one now I got mine from weapon outfitters years ago and had it in two days and they have them in stock now as does tactical distributors and they ship most stuff overnight.

skylineracer329
07-17-16, 12:25
I have an HSGI 1.5" cobra belt and its a great belt however its not nearly as stiff as my Ares ranger belt.

I much prefer my Ares ranger belt and I've been wearing it daily for about 4 1/2 years.

If you need one now I got mine from weapon outfitters years ago and had it in a few days and they have them in stock now as does tactical distributors and they ship most stuff overnight.

That's awesome. Thanks for the tip

Biged65
07-17-16, 20:30
I've placed many orders with SOE and never had any problem Most belts shipped in 3-5 weeks. Last couple within 2 days. I wear one daily as a work belt (I'm an electrician) and it will handle any amount of tools and gun all day everyday.

Josefius
07-17-16, 22:29
Yep, I love my Ares Ranger belt.

skylineracer329
07-27-16, 01:03
Just wanted to update you guys on my experience with SOE.

So right after my original post, I emailed them to cancel. No repose after 48 hours. I emailed John Willis directly after that 48 hour mark and he replied with "what's the issue" so I explained and stated I wanted to cancel the order.

A week goes by, so I send a follow up email (today 7/26) reminding them I need to cancel the order because I already bought a different belt and I want a refund. No reply.

Instead, 15 minutes later, I get an automated email saying my belt had shipped.

So. I'm happy they went ahead and seemingly rushed it out cz I complained, but I'm pretty pissed there was no prior communication saying they were gonna ship it out ASAP. So now I'm stuck with 2 belts. Thankfully optics planet as a sweet return policy.

Straight Shooter
07-27-16, 08:25
He probably put up a video about what a "****in idiot" you are somewhere.
He is a first class mental patient.

skylineracer329
07-27-16, 08:26
He probably put up a video about what a "****in idiot" you are somewhere.
He is a first class mental patient.

Lol I might subscribe to his channel just so I can see that

Josefius
07-27-16, 09:02
I thought of buying something from those guys but it would probably feel like dealing with the world wrestling federation.

titsonritz
07-27-16, 12:44
When it come to belts they are pretty fast unless it is a weird color combination. A chest rig will most likely have you waiting quite a while.

Josefius
07-27-16, 13:24
When it come to belts they are pretty fast unless it is a weird color combination. A chest rig will most likely have you waiting quite a while.
That's what I was thinking of getting.

Kyohte
07-27-16, 13:43
Took about 6 weeks for my microrigs. I even had to change the order once and despite what some people say, the customer service was fine.

Jewell
07-28-16, 14:14
Years ago I was told they make nice belts, so I went ahead and ordered one. I remember it taking quite awhile to get it...long enough for me to forget I even ordered it. Anyhow, it turned out to be a nice belt. After that, I decided to go give the SOE facebook page a like so I could keep up to speed with the products they were offering. After a short period of time, every damn time I got on facebook, all I'd see was some stupid b/s from SOE. If it wasn't John Willis saying f*** the haters every day, and telling everyone how great he was, it was him posting pictures of his food, watches, or cars...and telling everyone how great he was.

Moral of the story is yes, he makes decent stuff, but his self important douchbaggery on the daily is just too much for me to ever want to order anything from him again. Like others said, he's not the only game in town.

lawusmc0844
07-28-16, 20:56
I was close to buying a belt from them myself but turned off by the long wait. Both Willis and Yeager are bro douchebags and I refuse to support them after they came out in support of that liar Cory Jackson. They claim to support the military, but have no problem defending stolen valor, so **** them.

mtdawg169
07-28-16, 22:55
Just wanted to update you guys on my experience with SOE.

So right after my original post, I emailed them to cancel. No repose after 48 hours. I emailed John Willis directly after that 48 hour mark and he replied with "what's the issue" so I explained and stated I wanted to cancel the order.

A week goes by, so I send a follow up email (today 7/26) reminding them I need to cancel the order because I already bought a different belt and I want a refund. No reply.

Instead, 15 minutes later, I get an automated email saying my belt had shipped.

So. I'm happy they went ahead and seemingly rushed it out cz I complained, but I'm pretty pissed there was no prior communication saying they were gonna ship it out ASAP. So now I'm stuck with 2 belts. Thankfully optics planet as a sweet return policy.
What a crock of shit. They shipped your order rather than issue the refund you requested. Probably pulled someone else's order just so they wouldn't have to give any money back. I'm surprised that you weren't the star of his next Facebook or youtube post.

The guy makes good stuff, but he is a mental case imho, and a COMPLETE ASSHOLE. Plenty of video evidence. He aint the only game in town.
You forgot convicted felon.

Vandal
07-29-16, 00:25
These things would have been great to know before I bought 2 Peltor ear-pro headband covers from them. Guess I'll delete that bookmark now.

Jewell
07-29-16, 06:13
I was close to buying a belt from them myself but turned off by the long wait. Both Willis and Yeager are bro douchebags and I refuse to support them after they came out in support of that liar Cory Jackson. They claim to support the military, but have no problem defending stolen valor, so **** them.

That's right. I forgot all about that. The dude's a major league penis wrinkle.

Josefius
07-29-16, 09:57
I put in an order for the micro chest rig in coyote brown, I guess I have about a three month wait time. That's ok with me, I've waited on a custom leather holster for that long

wickedyz
07-29-16, 13:19
I ordered a belt from them years ago based on advice from a Marine at Pendleton before his wife took over that location after the divorce. A horrible experience all the way around. It didn't ship and no updates from him after repeated emails. I finally made a complaint to my credit card company and got the money back. A few months down the road the belt showed up at my house out of the blue and the cobra buckle was installed the wrong way and it was as basic as a belt gets, nothing special. This was before his association with known ass hats and legal issues, now there is even less reason to buy anything from him. He makes nothing worth that kind of service.

jabba21
05-12-17, 00:05
Any order from SOE gear lately? I just order a belt from them and they didn't mention the 12 week lead time till after I paid for it. Anyone know if that's accurate for the belts? Or is it just a generic message they send for everything?

Didn't mention 12 week lead time till after you paid? Wrong. You just didn't read their website. 8-12 week lead times are posted.

skylineracer329
05-12-17, 00:15
Didn't mention 12 week lead time till after you paid? Wrong. You just didn't read their website. 8-12 week lead times are posted.

Well yeah. I eventually went back and saw my error. I emailed them, told them what happened and they shipped it to me within a week. All in all, a positive experience.

tacticaldesire
05-21-17, 08:19
I have about 17 orders with SOE with no issues. Everything from bags, med gear, Micro Rigs and belts. Lead time is 8-12 weeks on most items NOT labled no ETA. I've had most items ship out within a week and some same day. Everything is made to order and there's nothing siting in a warehouse. Don't order a no ETA item and demand an ETA like a dumbass and you shouldn't have any problems.

JulyAZ
05-21-17, 10:02
I've made a lot of orders wit SOE, they're making belts all the time so they ship pretty quick. I've never had one ship at the eight week mark. Most I've gotten in under two weeks to my door.

Ive ordered other stuff, immediately after I order I'll send them a email saying I don't care what color I get and those will usually ship the day after I order them.

Well they may be dicks at times, I've never had a issue with them, and their products last. It's honestly the quality of the products that keep me as a customer.

I have other cobra belts, but my EDC OSOE belts are hands down the best.

NothingClever
06-05-17, 11:30
So what if they make good stuff. There are other companies that make excellent gear too. No reason to put up with these guys.

I'm a grown man. I don't have time to babysit another grown mans feelings. I don't have the patience to put up with a little boy attitude when I ask a simple question.

NothingClever
06-05-17, 11:35
Years ago I was told they make nice belts, so I went ahead and ordered one. I remember it taking quite awhile to get it...long enough for me to forget I even ordered it. Anyhow, it turned out to be a nice belt. After that, I decided to go give the SOE facebook page a like so I could keep up to speed with the products they were offering. After a short period of time, every damn time I got on facebook, all I'd see was some stupid b/s from SOE. If it wasn't John Willis saying f*** the haters every day, and telling everyone how great he was, it was him posting pictures of his food, watches, or cars...and telling everyone how great he was.

Moral of the story is yes, he makes decent stuff, but his self important douchbaggery on the daily is just too much for me to ever want to order anything from him again. Like others said, he's not the only game in town.

What annoyed me from my one trip to his page was the pics of him showing what time he was working to some nights.

He acts like he's the only person alive who puts in late days/nights. He's the posterchild for man boy syndrome. I know people don't like Yeager but at least most people who actually meet him say it's an act for the camera. This douche actually acts like this all the time.

Sparky5019
07-09-17, 16:34
The product I got from him was ok but I was not happy when I questioned him about a discount he was offering that never got applied to my order and he got super pissed. Product is only half the package, if you're going to be that kind of dick to do business with? I'm out. Just sayin. Maybe he had an off day but that was and will be my only experience with him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

hotrodder636
07-09-17, 16:54
I have an SOE belt and it is really good quality. However, after buying I saw more about Willis...I have no desire to support a jack hole like him.

tsalagi88
08-13-17, 13:07
I have a med pouch and a belt from them. Both are awesome. No issues with CS. Took a while to ship though. 4ish-6ish weeks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

graffex
08-27-17, 19:25
I'd do business with ISIS before that colossal douche bag.

BigSam
08-28-17, 19:45
Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure they're awesome, they look like they obviously put a ton of effort into their product. I just need a belt now ish, not 3 months from now

Not awesome at all. I bought a belt from them and used it regularly for maybe 18mos and it started to fall apart.
The douche willis refused to honor his guarantee.

Good luck with all that.

calicojack
10-10-17, 16:47
So i got on the boards to look at lights for my sbr and maybe a case. ran across this thread. As I sit here and Type I'm wearing the original black belt that John sent me back in 2006. One side of the velcro on the tongue came unraveled, but was an easy fix. other than that.... over 10 years and this belt is still going strong. I wear it almost every day. I'm an EMT/FireFighter, so it's put through it's paces

Dave L.
10-17-17, 10:34
I'd do business with ISIS before that colossal douche bag.

Same here. 9 years ago, I sent him design specs for a go-bag. He basically stole my design, sold a bunch of them in different sizes, then didn't even save me the one I commissioned him to build.

I would look elsewhere. Lots of other companies with solid reputations that make much better products.

Ericz4253
10-26-17, 20:47
I just ordered another belt from SOE and had it on my doorstep 3 days later. I have ordered from them many times and have always been happy. I waited 4 weeks for a micro rig but was well worth the wait.

GulfCoast
10-27-17, 10:32
Before reading this thread, I ordered two SOE belts. They got here in 10 days. No complaints "so far."

Ericz4253
10-27-17, 11:06
Before reading this thread, I ordered two SOE belts. They got here in 10 days. No complaints "so far."

Did you get the edc belts? I have a few edc and one of the cobra duty belts and they have been thru hell and back and are still in perfect condition. Also I have a micro rig and some other gear and I have to say it is all nice stuff. Built to last.

GulfCoast
10-27-17, 11:33
1.5" riggers belts with Velcro lining.

Tim059
11-09-17, 09:56
I ordered the low profile EDC belt and had it in about 10 days, maybe a little less. I like it so far