PDA

View Full Version : Changes to your EDC

gunrunner505
07-17-16, 13:17
In light of the complete insanity that is going on in our nation right now, I'm curious what, if any, changes you guys have made to your EDC kit?

Have you gone from a compact to a full size for those extra couple rounds? Are you carrying a reload where you used to not? Have you started keeping a rifle in the car?

What are you doing differently now than before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nimdabew
07-17-16, 13:24
I am contemplating putting my beater iron sight rifle in my truck, but I am just carrying more ammo for all of the other guns. I have 84 rounds (3 spare mags) for the rifle, 100 rounds of .38 and 100 rounds of 9mm in ammo carriers. I am contemplating bumping the number of pistol mags up to four in the car, 1 on my person when I carry the auto.

In reality, I doubt any of it will make a difference. What I have on me is what goes to the fight and that's the snub nose and a spare 5 rounds most of the summer. I might start carrying the shield again, but my full sized gun? Nah.

GTF425
07-17-16, 13:34
I've added a second CAT and have taught my wife how to do CPR, use an AED, apply both conventional and improvised tourniquets as well as pressure dressings.

Apart from that, I've recently started taking both Silat and Muay Thai classes in addition to traditional boxing.

Blstr88
07-17-16, 13:42
I'm just making an effort to carry 100% of the time, thats what Im doing differently lately. Ive carried a Shield with the 7-round mag only on/off for years...now Ive been carrying with the 8-round mag and (sometimes) a reload.

KalashniKEV
07-17-16, 13:52
Still packing the G19, but I've started chewing khat to up my bullet resistance.

Inkslinger
07-17-16, 14:13
I've added a 4" olaes bandage and a CAT tourniquet.

mattpittinger
07-17-16, 14:25
Still running the same
G19 w/xc1
Spare mag
Both appendix
Med bag in the truck
AR with 2 mags one in the redimag in the truck
4 rifle mags and 2 more pistol in med bag

Main thing I have changed is upping my situational awareness. Keep my shit on a swivel.

Me and my wife and son were downtown Dallas yesterday at the Dallas World Aquarium (btw solid recommend for a family trip, amazing place), but just being in a crowd like that had me on edge all day. Damn near took some of the fun out of it. I'm standing trying to hold my son and explain to him what an otter is, and the whole time I'm thinking "ok I'm holding a baby, shots get fired, get my bearings, get son to the wife, find path, get them to cover, asses situation, engage as needed. Who around here looks like a threat? How should someone come at this place?.....ect shit like that" Really ruins nice things for decent people, but I guess that is the point of terrorism.....

Outlander Systems
07-17-16, 14:33
Do you even PFD/Life-Preserver, bro?

Still packing the G19, but I've started chewing khat to up my bullet resistance.

rocsteady
07-17-16, 14:42

Brilliant

SomeOtherGuy
07-17-16, 14:52
Do you even PFD/Life-Preserver, bro?

I think you have your East Side* / West Side** confused.

(*Somalia and other mudholes - khat ; **Nigeria, Liberia, Ivory Coast etc. - life preserver awesomeness)

:cool:

Firefly
07-17-16, 14:53
No, not really.

MountainRaven
07-17-16, 15:30
Closer to pulling the trigger on a trauma kit.

But I've been looking to do that for about 18 months, now.

F-Trooper05
07-17-16, 15:53
If an active shooter is your biggest fear, than the most useful addition anyone can make is to carry a TQ.

williejc
07-17-16, 16:05
From storage I retrieved my old school Bucheimer flat sap and am considering how best to incorporate it into my plan. Many here may not recognize a sap for what it is, and therefore, many other citizens may not either. It won't be Un Pc until I slap somebody with it. :stop:

Jellybean
07-17-16, 16:11

:laugh:
Brilliant!

I've added a second CAT and have taught my wife how to do CPR, use an AED, apply both conventional and improvised tourniquets as well as pressure dressings.

Apart from that, I've recently started taking both Silat and Muay Thai classes in addition to traditional boxing.

This guy ^^^
Doing it right.

Current CCW;
The usual M&P-C, +2 fullsize reloads.
Working on a custom pocket IFAK.

Thinking about acquiring a more concealable holster for my fullsize.
Wishing there was somewhere reputable around here to learn some basic H2H.

I guess time will tell, but currently I don't feel the need to escalate beyond that.
If I knew I was walking into a fight I wouldn't be there in the first place anyway....
However, situational dependent, a pistol and unarmed combatives may only get one so far, so taking "enhanced" levels of response, up to and including what you drive and where, into consideration is, I think, a prudent course of action.

Vandal
07-17-16, 16:12
I've done more cardio so I can run the fvck away.

Firefly
07-17-16, 16:12
From storage I retrieved my old school Bucheimer flat sap and am considering how best to incorporate it into my plan. Many here may not recognize a sap for what it is, and therefore, many other citizens may not either. It won't be Un Pc until I slap somebody with it. :stop:

I may or may not know someone who carried a blackjack in his first 3 years.....

put yo' ass to sleep. Sing you a Lullaby

Campbell
07-17-16, 16:18

Heard an old LEO call it leather wrapped lightening one time...💀

ColtSeavers
07-17-16, 16:29
No, not really.
This followed by,

I've done more cardio so I can run the fvck away.
this.

Being Summer and all the family and I have been camping, hiking and swimming more.
Situational awareness is still paramount though.

Straight Shooter
07-17-16, 17:40
Agree 100% on situational awareness. Im really doing now more than ever, and Ive always done it to an extent.
Also, forcing myself to carry even when inconvenient, and also been carrying a 22 round reload, ala the excellent ETS 22 round mag.
Two awesome keychain lights, a Spyderco Police full serrated blade, and a G19 with said reload is what I edc. And NOT going to places I know could be trouble.

BIGUGLY
07-17-16, 17:47
Dang Matt that sounds like me.. especially when the wife asks "so have your evasion plan and you already found the exits didn't you" Oh well at least she knows what I'm thinking when in a crowd.

26 Inf
07-17-16, 18:20
I may or may not know someone who carried a blackjack in his first 3 years.....

put yo' ass to sleep. Sing you a Lullaby

I might know someone who had a palm sap. Kel-Light for the full sized sap - 6-cell, D-cell, 120 lumen (I'd guess). Man, if only I knew.

nova3930
07-17-16, 18:26
I work in a DoD installation so my edc is still the same as its always been, namely jack and shit because uncle Sam will throw me in jail

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BH321
07-17-16, 18:50
I work in a DoD installation so my edc is still the same as its always been, namely jack and shit because uncle Sam will throw me in jail

Same here brother. I will say that one change I have made recently is that I no longer wear my uniform onto or off of the base. I drive in wearing my civvies and change once I am on base. I also change out of my uniform before leaving. Last thing I want is someone following me back to my apartment and trying to go aloha snackbar.

snowdog650
07-17-16, 19:00
I have the unfortunate pleasure of living in California, so I have been looking at carrying single action revolvers as my CCW and a musket as my trunk gun.

(In seriousness, OP, my CCW is still a G19 with 2 extra mags and my trunk gun is an 870 with an 18" and 6+1 mag tube ... same as it's always been)

Alex V
07-17-16, 19:14

That's funny, we have the same load out for similar reasons except for me it's not just my work place. It's the whole damn state I live in.

It is legal for NJ residents with FPID cards to have a long gun in the car at any time as long as it is not loaded. I may start keeping my BM XM15 in the trunk along with a few mags. It's as good as it's going to get here.

Funny thing is, if I wanted to carry around the office my boss would be totally fool with it. I spent the last month with his .308 RPR sitting next to my desk. Not really worried for my safety in the office tho but who know what can happen on the road to a project site or back.

In order to be allowed into some of the facilities our clients run we had to get CPR/AED and basic first aid training, the wife has the same since she is in the medical field. What I do need is a good EDC med kit.

sapper36
07-17-16, 19:38
My Belgian Malinois is now certified as a service animal, never mind the bite work as well. Living in Michigan we are not allowed to travel with a loaded rifle, so I picked up a BCM pistol lower for my 10.5". Those are my only changes, usually leave the house with a M&P 45c, spare mag, knife, Surefire and phone.

Honu
07-17-16, 20:21
want to buy a APC :)

Phillygunguy
07-17-16, 20:24
If I need to go into Philly, I might throw a 33 round glock mag in my car and 2 g 17 mags on my hip. Other than that I just ordered a Sof T tourniquet which I'm waiting on

Outlander Systems
07-17-16, 20:40
Anyone wanna conjure up a list for a compact, EDC-friendly blowout kit that goes beyond TQ?

One pair of Nitrile gloves?
TQ?
Chest seal?

Beyond that, prayers and well-wishes?

gunrunner505
07-17-16, 20:55
Anyone wanna conjure up a list for a compact, EDC-friendly blowout kit that goes beyond TQ?

TQ?
Chest seal?

I saw a guy on a different board that made up a blowout kit that fit in a quart ziplock bag, his wife was a trauma nurse or something, but of course I can't find that post. Go figure.

I still carry the M&P but now I bring a reload. Always have a light and a folding knife. And if I think someplace might be trouble, I just won't go there.

GTF425
07-17-16, 20:56
CAT, 2 x compressed gauze, gloves. You can do a good bit of hole plugging and leak stopping with just that.

You can use the packaging from the gauze as an improvised chest seal. It's not a HyFin, but a HyFin is also too big for most to carry in a pocket and only does one thing.

nova3930
07-17-16, 20:58
Same here brother. I will say that one change I have made recently is that I no longer wear my uniform onto or off of the base. I drive in wearing my civvies and change once I am on base. I also change out of my uniform before leaving. Last thing I want is someone following me back to my apartment and trying to go aloha snackbar.
I don't even have the security theater of being on base. we're off base in a leased building due to space limitations. the only thing between me and the next Jihad Joe is floor to ceiling plate glass doors with a magnetic card reader....

we had active shooter "training" a couple m9nths back. boil it down and they told us they could not or would not protect us but were gonna damn well keep on prohibiting us from protecting ourselves.

the US Army, who's main job is breaking shit and killing people can't find a way to provide even one armed guard on our premises.

Jellybean
07-17-16, 21:10

TQ?
Chest seal?

Depends...
Have you accepted cargo pants as your lord and savior, or do you still cling to pants made of the devil's blue-ish fabric?
:p

Seriously though, Head over to ITS tac, Dark Angel and Spiritus Systems (Lazarus).
That should get you started on low[er]-profile ideas.

If you do cargos (and there are some decent low-profile options, before anyone starts screaming "tacticool"...), you can easily fit a SWAT TQ, a couple packs of quickclot, gloves, and either a chest seal (type dependant) or one of those mini- IBD things (H&H thin-cinch?) that Dark Angel has on their website, in a pocket. It's all flat stuff, so as long as you don't go overboard there will be minimal bulging.

GTF425
07-17-16, 21:20
CAT, 2 x compressed gauze, gloves. You can do a good bit of hole plugging and leak stopping with just that.

You can use the packaging from the gauze as an improvised chest seal. It's not a HyFin, but a HyFin is also too big for most to carry in a pocket and only does one thing.

My theory on this, and I would love to hear the opinions of other members on this one.

Given we're talking EDC carry, I'm thinking about what I carry on me always. Given space is limited, and my most likely threat will be from gunshots, my focus for immediate care is strictly hemmorhage control. TQs are the answer for extremities, and two gauze can both pack and dress an abdominal gunshot. I prefer the CAT simply because it's easier to apply self aid with.

As much as I'm a fan of Combat Gauze, it's fairly expensive and I can pack gauze tight enough and apply digital pressure while dressing to help control hemmorhage well enough I feel okay without it.

The gloves are only for treating someone I don't know. I don't want the HIV.

As much as I'd like to have stuff like an NPA, a chest seal, and a pocket BVM, that's not realistic and they live in a bag for that reason. Along with various splints, petroleum gauze, a ton of gauze and cravats, Izzy bandages, NCD kits, a space blanket, etc.

I just want to be able to fight through the crisis site and be able to assist casualty care for 1-2 victims should the need arise. Anything more than that, and I'll need my bag and some volunteers.

sevenhelmet
07-17-16, 21:20
Depends...

If you do cargos (and there are some decent low-profile options, before anyone starts screaming "tacticool"...), you can easily fit a SWAT TQ, a couple packs of quickclot, gloves, and either a chest seal (type dependant) or one of those mini- IBD things (H&H thin-cinch?) that Dark Angel has on their website, in a pocket. It's all flat stuff, so as long as you don't go overboard there will be minimal bulging.

Or a backpack, toolbox, briefcase, center console... the possibilities are endless. Never know when you may need that first-aid and/or trauma kit, and just for a post-shooter triage. Just last weekend I had to do first-aid on a guy and take him to the ER due to a mountain biking accident. He was a beginner in way over his head, using the wrong tool for the job. Made me feel 100% better that I had a first-aid kit in the truck. Luckily he just needed stitches.

T2C
07-17-16, 21:26

It is an effective piece of kit. When faced with a threat that does not merit a deadly force response, it should convey the message that you don't want to be injured by the tax eater intending to do you harm.

J-Dub
07-17-16, 21:31
Ya it has. I carry everywhere now, because I don't want to chance mowing my lawn, checking my mail, or just sitting in my house without being armed. I usually carry a spare mag in my vehicle, but not on my person. I park my work vehicle inside my garage, and try to keep the door shut as much as possible.

I carry 4 pistol mags now with my business attire, and about 7 or 8 rifle mags next to me in my work vehicle. And I've stepped up the range visits, drilling various stuffs (getting a carbine out of a rack is a bitch) I've considered setting up a AR500 active shooter vest, but I figure based on the M.O. of these latest attacks its going to be an ambush (ie no time to deploy any extra garbage).

ABNAK
07-17-16, 21:54

"The Untouchables" comes to mind!

PD Sgt.
07-17-16, 22:01
Off duty my EDC has changed little, since it is usually a P2000 or G19 with spare mag, folding knife, Surefire EB1, and my phone. I have a relatively small but useful med kit in my truck console (SWAT-T, Celox, Chest seals, gauze, triangle bandage, gloves) along with a larger fixed blade.

On duty I have added a spare magazine on my belt. My briefcase/ messenger bag has a much more complete med kit along with spare batteries, radio included, additional spare mags, larger flashlight (6p with a Malkoff head) cuffs, Strider Fixed tanto, small 10x binos as well as the usual pens paper, recorder and other stuff I need. It is still pretty light and slim considering everything I keep in it.

Ironman8
07-17-16, 22:32
My theory on this, and I would love to hear the opinions of other members on this one.

Given we're talking EDC carry, I'm thinking about what I carry on me always. Given space is limited, and my most likely threat will be from gunshots, my focus for immediate care is strictly hemmorhage control. TQs are the answer for extremities, and two gauze can both pack and dress an abdominal gunshot. I prefer the CAT simply because it's easier to apply self aid with.

As much as I'm a fan of Combat Gauze, it's fairly expensive and I can pack gauze tight enough and apply digital pressure while dressing to help control hemmorhage well enough I feel okay without it.

The gloves are only for treating someone I don't know. I don't want the HIV.

As much as I'd like to have stuff like an NPA, a chest seal, and a pocket BVM, that's not realistic and they live in a bag for that reason. Along with various splints, petroleum gauze, a ton of gauze and cravats, Izzy bandages, NCD kits, a space blanket, etc.

I just want to be able to fight through the crisis site and be able to assist casualty care for 1-2 victims should the need arise. Anything more than that, and I'll need my bag and some volunteers.

I don't remember the exact numbers, but Combat Gauze has been shown to be over 90% effective at stopping a bleed, while the standard gauze is less than 10%. You still feel ok with just standard gauze? How much is your life worth?

Also, it's not recommended to pack gauze in the thoracic area. Gauze basically goes anywhere else that can't be covered by a TQ (junctional areas).

As far as a compact EDC med kit, my bare minimum is a SOFT-W (packs smaller than a CAT) and a combat gauze. If I have the space, I would throw in a pressure dressing. Chest seals are great, but you won't be developing a tension pneumo very quick, so that can either be improvised or dealt with at a hospital.

SeriousStudent
07-17-16, 22:34
I have changed my EDC. I'm dating a bat-shit crazy redhead, and I take her everywhere.

Vishnu help the first person that gets out of line with her around.

TacMedic556
07-17-16, 22:42
The latest gen of QuikClot with Kaolin is far superior to regular Kerlix and or gauze. That is not me talking, but a tremendous amount of scientific study and trials. I actually have a thumb drive from a course that covers this topic extensively, also comparing QuikClot to other brands of hemostatic agents (or professed hemostatic agents anyway).

At $45-55 retail, it is expensive. However the shelf life is quite long and some argue indefinite (only marked as such to appease the FDA). For a wound that is not tenable by a TQ, you are limited in your choices, especially in the field and with a limited space EDC.

As always and as I stated in a thread I started on this topic - after 10 years to present service as SRT medic I have found the following 3 items as the absolute minimal essentials:

TOURNIQUET (CAT OR SOF-T)
QUIKCLOT
OLAES

As I have stated before - these are merely the hardware. Get them and make sure you download the proper software into your mind on how to properly employ these tools.

KalashniKEV
07-17-16, 22:44
I carry 4 pistol mags now with my business attire, and about 7 or 8 rifle mags next to me in my work vehicle.

I've got you beat, homey. I'm in my bizz-wear with a G19 mag in each front pocket, 2 x G18's duck taped to my calves, and a G17 mag rubber banded to my waaaaang.

Also my brief case is totally and completely full of USGI M4 mags, and I disguised a D60 as a pendant by using paint and bedazzlers, and I wear it around my neck on a gold chain.

Firefly
07-17-16, 23:01
I've got you beat, homey. I'm in my bizz-wear with a G19 mag in each front pocket, 2 x G18's duck taped to my calves, and a G17 mag rubber banded to my waaaaang.

Also my brief case is totally and completely full of USGI M4 mags, and I disguised a D60 as a pendant by using paint and bedazzlers, and I wear it around my neck on a gold chain.

Howdy,

Them G18s ain't shit. I can tell you never served, because you forgot belt keepers. It's first priority on TA 50 cent equipment.

I will only trust my life to a Beretta 93R I had rechambered in 50 A.E.

I know you probably only killed up haji in Call of Dooty and Mario Brothers.
But take it from me, I wouldn't have survived the War of 1812 were it not for my Beretta 93R.

Them Charlies had us surrounded in the rice paddies of Ontario, but a few bursts from that 93R kept them back. Of course I was wearing UCP, so I was well camelflawged.

Firefly

:p

Outlander Systems
07-17-16, 23:05
My daily work attire is Khaki Cargos, so I'm good for whatevskis.

After a coworker cut his thumb off deep in the woods (no cell coverage) and our First Aid Kit was pretty much boo-boo shit, I am ashamed to admit I still haven't taken it upon myself to get blowouts covered for EDC.

I ended using an entire roll of gauze on his ass, and drove 100+ to the nearest hospital dead-reckoning on a hunch of where one might be.

Kev, I keep a G18 mag strapped to my Dugan. Nickel what?! :dance3:

LowSpeed_HighDrag
07-17-16, 23:15
On duty: Added a Tourniquet, Chest Seals, and Guaze to my vest. Putting a go bag with medical supplies and extra mags together currently.

Off duty: Simply trying to carry everytime I leave the house.

GTF425
07-17-16, 23:29
I don't remember the exact numbers, but Combat Gauze has been shown to be over 90% effective at stopping a bleed, while the standard gauze is less than 10%. You still feel ok with just standard gauze? How much is your life worth?

Also, it's not recommended to pack gauze in the thoracic area. Gauze basically goes anywhere else that can't be covered by a TQ (junctional areas).

Very valid point. My experience packing gunshots has been a mix of Combat Gauze and kerlex, and thankfully they worked. I have been impressed by the Combat Gauze after all of the demonstrations and training I've been able to participate in over the years, and it's apparently nowhere near as expensive as I was expecting. $20 all day long. No reason not to track some down at that price. It also doesn't hurt that I'm sitting on 15 or so of them in a drawer to divy out as needed.

Also, I wasn't insinuating to pack a thoracic wound with gauze. I merely meant that you can double duty the package to be an occlusive dressing instead of carrying a tailor made chest seal if space is a concern. Like you said, tension pneumothorax doesn't just spring up immediately, and honestly, I'd probably have to let EMS handle that one.

cougar_guy04
07-17-16, 23:33
The Shield w/ 8rd reload stays at home most all the time now, G19 w/ 19rd reload (factory mag w/ TTI extension) comes with me everywhere now.

Outside of that, working harder on trying to put ECQC in my schedule and something behind my Red Cross First Aid/CERT training. There's a personal trauma kit in my desk at work and my "murse" in the car. Still trying to put together something that I can keep on me always.

Also trying to get the wife to consider making some lifestyle changes and take some training. She's come a long way though and doesn't even ask if I have to bring my gun with me anymore.

Vandal
07-17-16, 23:45
I have changed my EDC. I'm dating a bat-shit crazy redhead, and I take her everywhere.

Vishnu help the first person that gets out of line with her around.

We have now found the safest man on the forum.

Outlander Systems
07-17-16, 23:46
Bro stick, you're on the absolute right track.

The gun shit's a given considering where we're discussing this.

The trauma care is something that, given the current climate, absolutely needs to be put into practice. It's totally unsexy, but an extremely necessary tool everyone needs.

Obviously, there's the likelihood of running into injuries in excess of one's ability to render aid, but anything that can keep someone kicking until the pros show up is net win.

Very valid point. My experience packing gunshots has been a mix of Combat Gauze and kerlex, and thankfully they worked. I have been impressed by the Combat Gauze after all of the demonstrations and training I've been able to participate in over the years, and it's apparently nowhere near as expensive as I was expecting. $20 all day long. No reason not to track some down at that price. It also doesn't hurt that I'm sitting on 15 or so of them in a drawer to divy out as needed.

Also, I wasn't insinuating to pack a thoracic wound with gauze. I merely meant that you can double duty the package to be an occlusive dressing instead of carrying a tailor made chest seal if space is a concern. Like you said, tension pneumothorax doesn't just spring up immediately, and honestly, I'd probably have to let EMS handle that one.

Firefly
07-17-16, 23:59
In all seriousness, they make some pretty decent molle pre packed IFAK/Blowouts at LA police gear that you can add to or remove from.

I have a couple. I also have some quick clot even those most doctors don't like it. But it stops bleeding.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-18-16, 00:04
Kind of funny. After the Nightclub shooting I said bring a gun or a TQ. Both I guess are a better idea.

Wife is a doc, not a trauma surgeon, but she does some work with her hands. I keep on telling her to get a kit together- as in if something ever happened what do you wish you had to save one of your kids life's. I can't get her off the X beyond thinking about some gloves....

I went from a 1911 or P7 to a S&W 9mm with light and RMR after the theater shooting. I figure I can hold someone's attention for 15-30 seconds up to 200 yards. I run a couple of mags thru it at the silhouette range everytime we go to shoot steel with my son.

Whiskey_Bravo
07-18-16, 00:07
I'm just making an effort to carry 100% of the time, thats what Im doing differently lately. Ive carried a Shield with the 7-round mag only on/off for years...now Ive been carrying with the 8-round mag and (sometimes) a reload.

Same here. Although I am thinking about switching back to the G26.

Moose-Knuckle
07-18-16, 04:11
Back when the Occupy militants started their thing I added a side folding Kalashnikov in 7.62 to my truck with a six mag (30's) bandoleer. Would take it with me every work day to and from my truck via a BFG Denied Area discreet case.

I've CCW a G19 year round (it's hot down here) for the last fifteen years. On my person year round I EDC that with a spare G17 mag, SF E1L, Spyderco folder, and a menagerie of other creature comforts.

I have a small Dark Angle trauma kit but need to add more and keep one in both POVs.

We were eating at a restaurant this evening when I started a discussion with my wife about what we do if an active shooter type event was to unfold right there and then. Having a little one now adds some dynamics to the equation to say the least.

But talk to your spouse/children/gf about this sort of thing NOW, be proactive not reactive.

J-Dub
07-18-16, 06:21

I'm not your homey. I'm going to use restraint and refrain from saying what I really want to. But I suggest you just go to your blm or nbp meeting and keep the homey shit to your resistance "bros".

Averageman
07-18-16, 06:56
I have several First Aid/Trauma kits available all of the time, I try and give several away each year as Christmas Gifts. It's cheap insurance and I think now more than ever it's important.
I'm not changing my handgun, maybe I will add another magazine and add two more to my truck.

30 cal slut
07-18-16, 08:39
I work in NYC and live in the people's republic of CT.

While I'm working, I carry a small blade as allowed by law and several blowout kits (tourniquet, pressure bandage, hemostatic gauze, npa, chest seal, etc). By law I am not allowed to carry weapons in the City.

In CT, I do have my CCW - G17 albeit with several 10 round mags. I used to have an M4 as a truck gun, but new state laws have put the kybosh on that since Sandy Hook. So, I have a Mossberg Patrol Rifle in 5.56 with several loaded 10 round mags for my vehicle in addition to several blowout kits, a state legal blade and my glock.

More importantly, everything in my loadout I have received some kind of training on. With the tacmed stuff, I know just enough to be dangerous. With the pistol and rifle, I am a bit more confident in their deployment in my capacity as a clueless citizen.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-18-16, 09:10
All the machinations to stay legal to counter people with no compunction on breaking the law.

Sure, guns are the problem.

cbx
07-18-16, 10:01
Same here. Although I am thinking about switching back to the G26.
I've gone to a 24/7 carry also. Aiwb g19 in a vedder holster.

This holster works really well for me. I can even wear just gym shorts and a white hanes under shirt if I wear a belt underneath my shorts, and use the waist band to cover the grip. Basically zero print then. Which is about the hardest attire I've found to conceal. Not even baggy clothes to boot. This using a belt solely for the gun technique works crazy awesome, for me, since it allows a g19 carry without looking retarded, wearing ridiculous clothes, or printing all the damn time and making a general hindrance on my life.

I don't do skinny jeans, but vests in summer or dressing baggy sucks to me. I tired a large 5:00 leather/kydex style holster, and no thanks....print city for me.

Trauma training is my next to do.

KalashniKEV
07-18-16, 10:31
I'm not your homey. I'm going to use restraint and refrain from saying what I really want to. But I suggest you just go to your blm or nbp meeting and keep the homey shit to your resistance "bros".

Don't get testy, mah ninja!

If all you can strap is a 26 mag down there, you're still 10 rounds ahead of the game. I'm sure your loadout is adequate, in certain situations.

At $45-55 retail, it is expensive.

TOURNIQUET (CAT OR SOF-T)
QUIKCLOT
OLAES

The absolute best and most cost effective way to obtain a quality IFAK is to go on eBay and pick up a stolen, errrr... surplus kit.

You may even get one that's been "enhanced" with a chitosan, 10 Ga + cath, and other goodies.

As I have stated before - these are merely the hardware. Get them and make sure you download the proper software into your mind on how to properly employ these tools.

This, times 1000.

Watrdawg
07-18-16, 10:52
Nothing much different other than being more situationally aware. I've always carried an extra G19 mag on me and an IFAK in my vehicle. I carry 2 extra G19 mags in my console and I have another IFAK in my wife's vehicle. Other than that the main thing I do now is to make sure I know what is going on around me as much as possible.

Inkslinger
07-18-16, 11:01

TQ?
Chest seal?

When I'm wearing long pants,
https://www.amazon.com/Ricci-Ankle-Medical-System-Ver/dp/B00824CAJK
with 4" olaes, quickclot gauze, CAT, gloves, and micro trauma shears.
If it's shorts just the olaes and CAT.

Caeser25
07-18-16, 11:15
I've been carrying 2 tqs, celox, quick clot gauze, for awhile in my work bag and will fit in cargo shorts pocket. Put together a decent kit for my car. Recerted on cpr and aed. When not at work started carrying my G17 with 2 22 round ETS mags.

Outlander Systems
07-18-16, 11:19
Roger that. Thanks for the link.

When I'm wearing long pants,
https://www.amazon.com/Ricci-Ankle-Medical-System-Ver/dp/B00824CAJK
with 4" olaes, quickclot gauze, CAT, gloves, and micro trauma shears.
If it's shorts just the olaes and CAT.

chuckman
07-18-16, 12:05
I haven't change equipment so much as changed tactics. I know where to stay away, know my city's trigger points, know alternate routes, etc.

chuckman
07-18-16, 12:18
Or a backpack, toolbox, briefcase, center console... the possibilities are endless. Never know when you may need that first-aid and/or trauma kit, and just for a post-shooter triage.

I am a murse (Male Nurse). I park almost a mile from the hospital (thanks, Duke!), I carry a backpack with my lunch, change of scrubs, etc. Also have a gallon baggie with trauma stuff. For that very reason.

Bags in each van, ample supply at home.

jmoore
07-18-16, 12:26
No real changes.

- On-body is my cellphone, a Surefire Back-up flashlight, CRKT M-16 titanium folder, g-26 with g19 mag & spacer, plus two 12 round reloads for a total of 40 rounds. That does feel a little 'light' nowadays, so am thinking of sanding down the "body side" texture on one of my RTF gen 3 g17s and starting to carry it with two 17 round reloads - total of 52 rounds.
- Oh - and there is always a 33 round happy stick in the truck as well, in addition to a complete PFAK (CAT, chest seal, NP airway, IBD, QuickClot gauze, etc.).

john

turnburglar
07-18-16, 14:00
I have always carried daily and had the minimum trauma gear in the vehicles and a spare mag or two.

Only lately did I feel it was necessary to carry a spare mag and learn to use a Karambit. And to be honest I never thought I would be this armed up for edc. And that's after being shot at and attempted car jackings while living in the ghetto. But the world has gotten pretty crazy lately with everyone trying to be internet famous.