PDA

View Full Version : LEO Forum question

jjc155
09-01-08, 20:17
What do I have to do to get into the LEO forum. I have been an officer for 13years and would like to get into the forum.

Thanks

J-

Robb Jensen
09-01-08, 20:19
What do I have to do to get into the LEO forum. I have been an officer for 13years and would like to get into the forum.

Thanks

J-

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9970

jjc155
09-01-08, 20:25
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=9970

Thanks for the fast reply.

J-

IROCZ
10-23-08, 16:04
Can I mail the stuff? We don't have access to scanners at work.

Buck
10-23-08, 16:30
Try taking a pic with a digital camera... That seems to work well...

B

badboy522
12-22-08, 02:01
:mad:After looking over the above list of items required to enter the LEO chat forum, it seem like alot of information to send to some you don't know... The only thing I see as a problem is the department letter head.. Most agencies require approval from a supervisor in order to use department letter head stationary... I just have a problem asking my Sgt. for a letter head to join a chat site... Something tells me he would not agree to so much sensitive information being sent over the net.

Well it was a good thought while it lasted...

IROCZ
12-23-08, 14:33
:mad:After looking over the above list of items required to enter the LEO chat forum, it seem like alot of information to send to some you don't know... The only thing I see as a problem is the department letter head.. Most agencies require approval from a supervisor in order to use department letter head stationary... I just have a problem asking my Sgt. for a letter head to join a chat site... Something tells me he would not agree to so much sensitive information being sent over the net.

My sentiments exactly. I don't think sending copies of credentials over the net is a very good idea.:confused:

C4IGrant
12-24-08, 13:07

The person you are sending them to is a fellow cop (FYI).

I get credentials faxed and e-mailed to me everyday. Nothing strange about that in the least.

C4

IROCZ
12-28-08, 10:59
Grant, No offense but there has to be a better way. Could you maybe confirm through a phone call to the dept? Using the officer in questions badge# and seniority ranking or such to verify? Police one did that for me. I would really love to join but my dept is strick on the letter head thing and my supervisors would flip out.:D

C4IGrant
12-28-08, 11:13
Grant, No offense but there has to be a better way. Could you maybe confirm through a phone call to the dept? Using the officer in questions badge# and seniority ranking or such to verify? Police one did that for me. I would really love to join but my dept is strick on the letter head thing and my supervisors would flip out.:D

The rules for entry into the LE forum were made by cops on the forum. They setup the guidlines for it.

I would contact USMC03 or Buck about your concerns.

C4

Buck
12-28-08, 11:32

I was one of the architects of the LE Forum here on M4C and I am happy to work with you on gaining access… The requirements are set up in an attempt to ensure that only sworn LEO gain access…

Now I am not sure why anyone at your Agency would have a heartache over a piece of paper with the Departments name and address on it being sent to another LEO,,, As this information is likely posted on their Agency’s homepage on the internet being looked at by all kind of crazy people…

But if this the only stumbling block please PM me and I am sure we can work out some sort of verification process…

B