PDA

View Full Version : TNVC T.A.P.S - where is this unicorn?

gunf1ghter
07-21-16, 17:08
Hey all,

Does anyone know anything about when TNVC T.A.P.S is supposed to ship? I found some information from them back at both SHOT 2015 and 2016 indicating it was "almost ready" but nothing now for months.

Normally I don't dick with pressure switches, but I have one rig that goes in a drawer safe and has very little clearance. To get it to fit I am going to have to relocate a light to the six o'clock position and the easiest way to activate the light as well as the DBAL-I2 on this carbine is with a pressure switch... the problem is, pressure switches suck.

I want one that sucks less or, miraculously doesn't suck at all.

I clicked my heels together three times wishing for a new T.A.P.S. switch, but so far I haven't gotten crap.

Eurodriver
07-21-16, 17:15
Welcome to the party.

There is a thread about this in the Lights and Lasers forum. This thing has been vaporware for almost 2 years (Nov 2014 was first I heard about it). I think the latest update said Q3 2016?

I hear you on the pressure switch. I actually built an entire rifle around the SF switch and had to buy an ATPIAL-C for it to work with it properly (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?186185-12-5-quot-General-Purpose-Rifle) because the DBAL I2 Single Spectrums I have don't work very well with the SF switch. I hate tape switches too, but there's no other easy way to activate a light and a laser.

Maybe that's what they're doing - getting poor suckers like me to buy ATPIAL-C's from them by delaying the switch.

The Empire State Building took less time to build than the TAPS switch, and with delays like this I can see it costing muchooooo.

gunf1ghter
07-21-16, 17:23
Welcome to the party.

There is a thread about this in the Lights and Lasers forum. This thing has been vaporware for almost 2 years (Nov 2014 was first I heard about it). I think the latest update said Q3 2016?

I hear you on the pressure switch. I actually built an entire rifle around the SF switch and had to buy an ATPIAL-C for it to work with it properly (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?186185-12-5-quot-General-Purpose-Rifle) because the DBAL I2 Single Spectrums I have don't work very well with the SF switch. I hate tape switches too, but there's no other easy way to activate a light and a laser.

Maybe that's what they're doing - getting poor suckers like me to buy ATPIAL-C's from them by delaying the switch.

The Empire State Building took less time to build than the TAPS switch, and with delays like this I can see it costing muchooooo.

I'm thinking maybe I am going to troll them, just a bit, by mailing the shitty Steiner switch to them with some smiley stickers.

I know that the Surefire switch is the best out there and since I could mount it right to the 12 o'clock spot on the pic rail and get ambi operation... because when I operate I like to operate operationally.

But then there's that problem of the Surefire pig tail falling out unless I use one of my wife's hair ties to hold it onto the DBAL.

Dammit.

I'm honestly tempted to just go with Plan B. Plan B is to initiate verbal negotiation with the bad guys while I pull the carbine from the drawer safe and quickly attach my Inforce WML to the thorntail mount that's at 10 o'clock. Once I complete that operation in my groggy nearly asleep stupor I can commence with the other kind of negotiations one takes with unwanted visitors.

In a pinch the freakishly bright high green laser setting on the DBAL can function as a flash light. So maybe I'll just Jason Bourne that shit.

Eurodriver
11-23-16, 13:42
There's a price and release date per this article from April: http://www.defensereview.com/tnvcunity-tactical-taps-tactical-augmented-pressure-switch-programmable-tape-switch-for-tactical-ar-15-riflecarbinesbrs-video/

It’s gonna’ be available in late spring [2016]. Pricing is not yet set, but we expect around $220 dollars [USD],” Zimmer said.

Spring is what? March 21st? So we are 5 months away?

gunf1ghter
11-23-16, 15:07
There's a price and release date per this article from April: http://www.defensereview.com/tnvcunity-tactical-taps-tactical-augmented-pressure-switch-programmable-tape-switch-for-tactical-ar-15-riflecarbinesbrs-video/

Spring is what? March 21st? So we are 5 months away?'

They are nearly a year late now. I have a feeling it's never coming out.

Eurodriver
11-25-16, 06:34
Whoops. I didnt even see that thread said it was due to be released last March. I was thinking March 2017.

Yeah, it's probably dead in the water.

Victor
12-04-16, 11:48
Whoops. I didnt even see that thread said it was due to be released last March. I was thinking March 2017.

Yeah, it's probably dead in the water.

No Sir, TAPS IS alive and well. Once all is perfect it will be released. We can tell you it's now at final beta testing with some very educated trigger pullers. We are not giving any dates of official release, but we have made some ad-on's to the unit which many will be happy about. Thanks guys.