PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint Comp ML3 and M3 Red Dot Sights

Killer Angel
09-02-08, 10:56
I am thinking of getting an Aimpoint Red Dot Sight for my M4 Carbine.The models that I have in mind are the Comp M3 and Comp ML3.What are the differences between these two models of Aimpoint.Also,they either come with a 2 or 4 MOA?What are their differences?What are the pluses of the 2 MOA cver the 4 MOA and vice-versa?And lastly,which do you prefer between the 2 MOA and 4 MOA?Abd why?
Thanks.

BushmasterFanBoy
09-02-08, 11:53
The L designation in "Comp ML3" indicates that the optic is not night vision compatible. The Comp ML3 and the M3 are virtually identical in every way, except that the M3 has brightness settings which are compatible with night vision. (It may have extra coatings on the lens, but I'm not certain).

4 M.O.A stands for minute of angle, which is a unit that translates in roughly 4 inches at 100 yards. 2 M.O.A would therefore be 2 inches at 100 yards. Aimpoint uses this measurement to show how large the red dot actually is. The 4 MOA dot is a larger dot and is great for speed. The smaller 2 MOA is a bit slower up close, but has the 4 MOA beat for when you are sitting at a bench nailing small clay pigeons at 250 yards.

Personally speaking I prefer the 4 MOA. I find it's faster to shoot with, but then again you can always turn up the brightness setting on the 2 MOA version in order to simulate having a larger red dot.

Good luck!

sl4mdaddy
09-02-08, 12:50
http://www.swfa.com/c-842-aimpoint-compm3-compml3-red-dot-sights.aspx