PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas Customer Service

Gutshot John
09-02-08, 11:12
It's not really hard to be satisfied when everything goes right. The real test of customer service is when things go wrong.

I was passing through Dundee Michigan on my way upstate and stopped at the Dundee store I picked up two Gore-Tex jackets, one for every day use, the other for hunting. Since my wife was waiting in the car with our dogs, I was in a bit of a rush.

The Hunting Gore-Tex (MT050) was labeled the wrong size on the hangar (XL turned out to be 3XL). The everyday jacket was the right size, but the store had left the security tag on it.

I called Cabelas today. They're shipping out replacement jackets and return labels today. Didn't cost me a dime and they were very apologetic.

I don't know how much you guys shop there for gear, but they will go out of their way to make it right.

Cold Zero
09-02-08, 19:06
Cabela's is a well run, well stocked and organized store. They value repeat customers. That being said, their prices are not cheap either. You get the convenience of one stop shopping, as you would in a Home Depot or Walmart. The quality of their house brand products is not great. Mostly overseas made stuff that is both heavy to pack and bulky to stuff. O.k. for some types of hunting, horrible for Mtn. or back pack huntin. M.H.O.

Abraxas
09-02-08, 20:13
At one time they were pretty lousy, but because of Bass pro and Gander Mt they have gotten better. Hey the free market works!

Cold Zero
09-02-08, 20:15
I could be wrong, but I beleive Cabela's bought Gander Mtn. awhile back. so much for competition.

czydj
09-02-08, 20:37
I've got nothing but high praise for Cabela's. I've gotten a lot of gear, everything from A-Z from them. If there is a problem, they will take good care of you. Price is one component of a purchase. IMHO, service after the sale is another and IMHO, the most important mark of a good merchant. FWIW, you can catch some pretty good deals if you wait and watch the close out section of their website...

Cold Zero
09-02-08, 20:42
The Bargain Cave can provide a good deal once in a while. Likewise the $20 off a purchase of $150 or more postcards that they frequently send out.

The Bargain cave is good, especially if you need blaze orange camo parka in XXL in December. I am a long time Cabela's customer, I know their strengths and their weaknesses.;)

czydj
09-02-08, 20:59
The Bargain cave is good, especially if you need blaze orange camo parka in XXL in December.

'zactly! :D That $20 off $150 is useful to cancel out S&H. FWIW, the bargain cave is not always gag gifts... I recently picked up a nice scope for 50% off retail.

Cold Zero
09-03-08, 07:43
To me, Cabela's customer service is not even close to L.L.Bean's level of customer service.

ST911
09-03-08, 11:09
To me, Cabela's customer service is not even close to L.L.Bean's level of customer service.

Agreed.

Gutshot John
09-03-08, 12:54

I'd agree with that too...but then you also have a premium involved.

I love LL Bean.

Abraxas
09-03-08, 13:17
I could be wrong, but I beleive Cabela's bought Gander Mtn. awhile back. so much for competition.

I had not heard that. I know that Gander Mt had a bad year last year. I will have to look into that. But as for competition for Cabela's there is still Bass Pro