PDA

View Full Version : Ft myers shooting at nightclub

MegademiC
07-25-16, 05:10
17 injured, 2 dead.

3 suspects in custody.

No details thst I've seen so far.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/4a06bb759eff4cdca532065d2cc15b73/latest-police-say-area-deemed-safe-after-shooting

Ryno12
07-25-16, 06:47
My guess is that this story will die quickly as it doesn't fit the MSM agenda.

Looks like a fun party to send you teenage child to though...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160725/7faf0ab4f1ee892e1632c001450f047b.jpg

Outlander Systems
07-25-16, 06:50
Str8, thuggin, Wotay!

ETA: I noticed that the party was also "Sponsors By" Dope.

:rolleyes:

djegators
07-25-16, 07:22
That area is LeHigh Acres...lots of gang activity and violent crime....once this turns out to be typical Chicago style gang violence the media will lose interest.

Spurholder
07-25-16, 07:32
Victims ranged in age from 12 to 27, according to the NYT.

The_War_Wagon
07-25-16, 07:32
That area is LeHigh Acres...lots of gang activity and violent crime....once this turns out to be typical Chicago style gang violence the media will lose interest.

Black lives DON'T matter? :rolleyes:

Arik
07-25-16, 07:40
Black lives DON'T matter? :rolleyes:
No cops involved? Doesn't matter then!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
07-25-16, 07:51
My cousin played hoops in a summer league with one of the boys that died.

The Fort isn't your typical ghetto paradise and I would bet many of the parents of the kids at that spot voted against Obama.

But let's stereotype. It's more fun.

ETA Legigh acres is for sure rough. But I wouldn't lump a summer evening hangout spot with gang bangers. Obviously one or more showed up, but this wasn't that kind of venue.

Source: People that were there.

FromMyColdDeadHand
07-25-16, 08:23
Holy crap, I almost went to that party!

The flier didn't look diverse, so I decided not to go.

Honu
07-25-16, 08:27
patients from 12-27 ?
OK what are 12 year olds doing there ? and what are 27 year olds doing hanging out in places with 12 year olds !! is my thinking

sad tragedy but most likely will be gang related since they kill kids all the time and the press does nothing and nobody says anything etc...

Eurodriver
07-25-16, 08:29
patients from 12-27 ?
OK what are 12 year olds doing there ? and what are 27 year olds doing hanging out in places with 12 year olds !! is my thinking

sad tragedy but most likely will be gang related since they kill kids all the time and the press does nothing and nobody says anything etc...

What would adults be doing at a teen event? Do you think 12 year olds own the building?

I swear if there were no adults there you'd be saying "why weren't there any adults there??"

MegademiC
07-25-16, 08:48
I don't know about this one, doesn't seem lie a terrorist situation, but the number of injured seems high for a "bar fight" or anything like that... I guess we'll see when more info comes out

Digital_Damage
07-25-16, 09:15
appears to have been a couple of the "parents" in the parking lot while everyone was picking up their kids. So the news cycle should be short since it was not police or terrorist...

rocsteady
07-25-16, 09:34
Looked at a couple sites that have similar data saying that the area of Fort Meyers where this happened has twice the violent crime rate as the Florida average , so that's supporting the "media won't care as it's just 'normal' inner city crime" theory.

Jsp10477
07-25-16, 09:41
No id required, swimsuit or trunks, "club" setting, no age limit stated, until midnight? Nope, my kids aren't going no matter the neighborhood. Prayers out for the dead and injured.

The post shooting interviews on the radio have at least been entertaining.

MountainRaven
07-25-16, 11:57
What would adults be doing at a teen event? Do you think 12 year olds own the building?

I swear if there were no adults there you'd be saying "why weren't there any adults there??"

Can't imagine why pubescent teens and young adults would want to go to a party with glowy sticks and everybody is wearing swimsuits.

Irish
07-25-16, 12:22
The Fort isn't your typical ghetto paradise and I would bet many of the parents of the kids at that spot voted against Obama.

That's pretty funny.

rocsteady
07-25-16, 12:30
My cousin played hoops in a summer league with one of the boys that died.

I've seen a few interviews from this shooting and I'd wager that there weren't too many that voted against Obama and less that aren't supporting stereotypes.

Ick
07-25-16, 13:38
Lee county, the county where Ft. Myers is located. voted:

Mitt Romney (REP). 154,163 57.83%
Barack Obama (DEM) 110,157 41.32%

http://docs.lee.vote/history/elhis12/download/elhis12/121106/el30a.pdf

Some districts were 75% Romney, 25% Obama. Others were 97% Obama, 1% Romney.

Someone with a better understanding of the districts and the location of the shooting is going to have to look at the rest.

Methinks "The district of the shooting voted Romney" is false.

Watrdawg
07-25-16, 13:53
patients from 12-27 ?

That was my first thought when I heard this morning the ages. 1st off no way I'm letting my 12,13,14 ..... go to some club to party till midnight. Especially when they say no ID required. 27yr olds there also! Again no way I would want my kid there with grown ups other than the kids parents chaperoning the event. Actually If I even thought of letting my kids go I'd have to be there myself just to be safe.

Honu
07-25-16, 15:18
no I am saying what are 12 year olds doing at 2 am or even midnight or when it happened at basically some party any party ?
yeah if its a teen club there has to be some adults around but not those ages mixing in a event :)
and it sounding like the 27 year olds were there not as adults but attending but that could be wrong ?

you don't have kids ? so its impossible for you to understand what a parent is about :) and that is a reality for anyone until they have kids not just you :)

but sadly certain groups seem to care less about being parents these days !
so the obama voting parents that did this ? or was it the obama voting thugs that showed up ?
either way again 12 year olds should not be out partying at 2 am 12 am etc.. is my point but then again I dont expect good parenting from lots of folks these days

Firefly
07-25-16, 15:53
I actually used to collect these Party Fliers for a while.

The most amusing ones are the ones that say "Grown folks only" and "Leave the drama at home".

I think the most amusing one said "Cum out to da Clique and show your ass!!!"

If one gets called out to one of these events gone wrong, it is a cross between the prom scene from High School High and Black Hawk Down.

Aahh....LIFE!

Ryno12
07-25-16, 16:01
...it is a cross between the prom scene from High School High and Black Hawk Down.

[emoji3]

Moose-Knuckle
07-26-16, 04:26
Ah yes, your just not legit unless you are a "promoter".

Unemployed - check.
Follow a bunch of celebrities on Twitter - check.
Don't want to grow up and work for a living - check.
Want to play pretend and think of yourself as some instant celeb to claim money and hoes - check.

These things usually go one of two ways . . .

I remember when a "promoter" out of the blue decided the city of 100K that I use to work for was just the place for his next "hip-hop competition". I parked our 40ft command trailer in a parking lot facing the club's entrance along with a large presence of personnel. Needless to say said promoter moved on to greener pastures and we averted the fun and games that accompany such events.

One of these type of events spilled over to a McDonald's parking lot down in College Station a few years back where a couple of white kids were viciously attacked and one was stomped to death. Bet you didn't see that in the news, or any riots, or a speech from POTUS, or the AG dispatch the Civil Rights Avengers.

Beaten to Death at McDonald's
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/08/beaten_to_death_at_mcdonalds.html

djegators
07-26-16, 07:11
Guess I was right that was normal gang activity....not one peep out of the media since first reported, not one peep on the suspects in custody, etc.

Ryno12
07-26-16, 08:01
Guess I was right that was normal gang activity....not one peep out of the media since first reported, not one peep on the suspects in custody, etc.

It was obvious right from the onset that this event wasn't anything but thug-type shenanigans. So, sorry, no points can be awarded for being "right" on this one. If anything, Euro gets a point deduction for insinuating it was anything but thuggery & blaming others for stereotyping.
This shouldn't even have made the news. My guess is some media outlet was too quick to pull the trigger on another "night club shooting" or the MSM needed something quickly to dilute the news of the DNC email hack.

djegators
07-26-16, 08:03
It was obvious right from the onset that this event wasn't anything but thug-type shenanigans. So, sorry, no points can be awarded for being "right" on this one. If anything, Euro gets a point deduction for insinuating it was anything but thuggery & blaming others for stereotyping.
This shouldn't even have made the news. My guess is some media outlet was too quick to pull the trigger on another "night club shooting" or the MSM needed something quickly to dilute the news of the DNC email hack.

I don't need points on this one....I am well aware of the area this occurred, was obvious from the first reports.

djegators
07-27-16, 06:55
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32528642/fort-myers-shooting-3-persons-of-interest-arrested-at-nearby-scene

Yup....we won't hear much more about this shooting.....

J-Dub
07-27-16, 08:12
patients from 12-27 ?

Duh, the 27yr Olds were picking up their 12yr old kids. Thug life.

Bubba FAL
07-27-16, 16:53
http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32528642/fort-myers-shooting-3-persons-of-interest-arrested-at-nearby-scene

Yup....we won't hear much more about this shooting.....

But dey'z gud boys, goin' college an' playin' ball... three more Dindu douchebags.

The_War_Wagon
07-27-16, 17:22
But dey'z gud boys, goin' college an' playin' ball... three more Dindu douchebags.

OBAMASANS!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/Obamasans_zpsodkpdbbc.png

But yeah, they played football, so all is well. :rolleyes: